Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

just

Liturgist
corpo wars part 2
sony and cdrp in war
microsoft betrayed cdpr
pc remain neutral chads

just

Liturgist
i forgot stadia sneaky bastards watching from the distance
they will strike when everyone is on their knees and have an aaa exlcusive

Perkel

Arcane
I'm assuming whoever wrote that derpy CDPR apology, or okayed the "refunds" is not in a happy place right now.
Why in the absolute fuck would you promise refunds without prior consultation and okay from your business partners? Scummy as shit.

CDPR made official statement that what Sony did was due to them talking to Sony. Sony didn't want to refund games so they talked with them. Sony officially changed their policy due to this and provided one time refund version different from normal refunds:

So it was not Sony/MS kicking CDPR down (and now MS) but CDPR doing this on their own forcing Sony/MS to change refund policy for them.

EpgWx4YW8AAAe_O

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
so true. these t poses, floating cigs and flying cars are nothing to me.
on job interviews when asked what i'm most proud of i say that i beat gothic 3 without patches
hr bitches immediately wet. men scared
usually they stare at me with astonishment dont even know what to ask next
so i just leave and on my way out i say
and vtmb too

A true legend

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I'm assuming whoever wrote that derpy CDPR apology, or okayed the "refunds" is not in a happy place right now.
Why in the absolute fuck would you promise refunds without prior consultation and okay from your business partners? Scummy as shit.

CDPR made official statement that what Sony did was due to them talking to Sony. Sony didn't want to refund games so they talked with them. Sony officially changed their policy due to this and provided one time refund version different from normal refunds:

EpgWx4YW8AAAe_O

I have no idea what happened behind closed doors, but the entire dumpster fire made it seem like the refund apology came as an absolute surprise to both Microsoft and Sony, who then had to scramble their PR teams.

This message is like when you get dumped and you say it's mutual.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
Some of the exploits shown in this video may be patched later in the future, but the idiotic item/crafting/perk/combat design will most likely remain. Judging by how these sort of issues are usually handled by incompetent developers, things might even get worse. I believe nothing else needs to be said about this an utterly retarded game at this point.

If they patch them out they need to completely rethink crafting from the ground up. Getting crafting to level 18 with the exploit is already a tedious chore (the main exploit being the one where you repeatedly "dismantle" the MK2 to get the XP, but as long as you have them equipped, they won't dismantle, so you can do it infinitely). I cannot imagine how you would be able to do it legitimately. It would take over a hundred hours of doing nothing but craft useless weapons for tiny XP gains.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
So it was not Sony/MS kicking CDPR down (and now MS) but CDPR doing this on their own forcing Sony/MS to change refund policy for them.

EpgWx4YW8AAAe_O

I sometimes wonder if CDPR legitimately forgot those 14 days for a refund you get in EU do not apply worldwide.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Some of the exploits shown in this video may be patched later in the future, but the idiotic item/crafting/perk/combat design will most likely remain. Judging by how these sort of issues are usually handled by incompetent developers, things might even get worse. I believe nothing else needs to be said about this an utterly retarded game at this point.

If they patch them out they need to completely rethink crafting from the ground up. Getting crafting to level 18 with the exploit is already a tedious chore (the main exploit being the one where you repeatedly "dismantle" the MK2 to get the XP, but as long as you have them equipped, they won't dismantle, so you can do it infinitely). I cannot imagine how you would be able to do it legitimately. It would take over a hundred hours of doing nothing but craft useless weapons for tiny XP gains.

I did it semi-legit with the mod that makes crafting/dismantling instant.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron

No one ever sees themself as the villain. I'm sure they sold themselves on the idea that they're different from other companies for a variety of reasons, like giving developers bonuses, giving customers free DLC, telling a story that will "wake people up" or whatever else. No one wakes up in the morning going "I think I'll deceive a bunch of PS4 owners and take their money today." It's not how the human brain functions, you justify every action you do and tell yourself you're not like those OTHER people who are actually assholes. Even Hitler and Stalin thought they were the heroes of their own story.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
Well, I wouldn't bother with crafting at all, except I'm an achievement whore and one of the achievements requires a level 18 in crafting. It's the only one that requires any sort of level in any of the skills, so if you want to 100% the game, you basically have to 100% the most useless skill in the entire game.

Not that I care much. The game is already so easy on "Very Hard" that basically playing with only 1/3 of your skill points isn't a big deal.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

No one ever sees themself as the villain. I'm sure they sold themselves on the idea that they're different from other companies for a variety of reasons, like giving developers bonuses, giving customers free DLC, telling a story that will "wake people up" or whatever else. No one wakes up in the morning going "I think I'll deceive a bunch of PS4 owners and take their money today." It's not how the human brain functions, you justify every action you do and say tell yourself you're not like those OTHER people who are actually assholes. Even Hitler and Stalin thought they were the heroes of their own story.

Most of the glassdoors I've seen for CDPR seem to suggest the actual work environment isn't that hostile, just filled with extremely incompetent managers.

Seems to go hand in hand with reports that most of the middle management are friends of the higher ups and promoted mostly out of friendship/loyalty than ability.

Koolz

Learned
Possibly Retarded
https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/...aker-faces-hostile-staff-after-failed-launch?
Cyberpunk Game Maker Faces Hostile Staff After Failed Launch
Rebellion is in the air at Polish video game publisher CD Projekt SA after the company’s highly anticipated, and thrice-delayed, latest title was released to scathing reviews about glitches.

Frustrated and angry staff fired questions at the board during an internal video meeting Thursday that opened with management apologizing for Cyberpunk 2077’s disastrous launch, according to two people who were present. It was a fitting atmosphere for a company whose slogan, plastered on posters all around its Warsaw office, is “We are rebels.”

Developers asked blunt questions about the company’s reputation, the game’s unrealistic deadlines and the relentless overtime in the months and years leading up to the game’s Dec. 10 release.

The meeting took place before Sony Corp.’s shocking announcement that it was pulling Cyberpunk 2077 from the PlayStation Store and will offer full refunds to any customer who requests one. During the staff meeting, CD Projekt’s directors said they had come to an arrangement with Sony but didn’t offer specifics. In a Twitter post on Friday, the company said that “following our discussion with PlayStation, a decision was made to temporarily suspend digital distribution” of the game.

A CD Projekt spokeswoman said the company wouldn’t comment on internal meeting discussions.

Cyberpunk 2077 is one of the biggest games of the year and has been a financial success, selling more than 8 million pre-orders and notching sales records for PC games. But players have found the game full of bugs, particularly on the last-generation PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles, sending CD Projekt shares plummeting and leading fans and critics to describe Cyberpunk 2077 as unfinished. CD Projekt’s stock fell 12% in Warsaw Friday, punctuating a steady decline this month that has wiped out gains for the year.

During Cyberpunk 2077’s development, staff endured multiple periods of extensive overtime including mandatory six-day weeks to finish the game, Bloomberg has reported. When asked about this crunch time in the Q&A, the directors said they had plans to improve production practices in the future but didn’t elaborate, according to one person who was there.

One employee asked the board why it had said in January that the game was “complete and playable” when that wasn’t true, to which the board answered that it would take responsibility. Another developer asked whether CD Projekt’s directors felt it was hypocritical to make a game about corporate exploitation while expecting that their employees work overtime. The response was vague and noncommital.

Many industry observers have wondered why Cyberpunk 2077, which was first announced in 2012 and was delayed three times in 2020, still appears to be unfinished. Several current and former staff who worked on Cyberpunk 2077 have all said the same thing: The game’s deadlines, set by the board of directors, were always unrealistic. It was clear to many of the developers that they needed more time.

— With assistance by Konrad Krasuski

Well Shit!

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
I've gotten much further into the game, though, and have been completely overwhelmed by sidequests. There really is quite a bit to do in the open world, even if it most of it comes from sidequests, rather than player interaction with things. Honestly, if CDPR would just fix the idiotic AI of NPCs and Cars, and implement some sort of warrant system where police actually chase you in cars, I think the open world would be fine. Anything they add beyond that would just be bonus.

Xeon

Augur
Man, I thought the Nomad lifepath will have a family in the badlands or something, so I can have special content helping his family or something but apparently not? That fucking sucks if that's the case. No special anything except for some dialogue options every now and then for flavor texts is just way too boring, might as well not have added it.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Well, I wouldn't bother with crafting at all, except I'm an achievement whore and one of the achievements requires a level 18 in crafting. It's the only one that requires any sort of level in any of the skills, so if you want to 100% the game, you basically have to 100% the most useless skill in the entire game.

I'm "only" level 15 or so, but crafting has been pretty useful in the sense of upgrading my weapons to maximize headshot damage (which both my characters are built around) and to craft sniper ammo which isn't incredibly commonplace. Though I'm speaking of useful as a term for "used in my build," as like Outer Worlds the game becomes so easy there's no actual usefulness to skills in that sense.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I've gotten much further into the game, though, and have been completely overwhelmed by sidequests. There really is quite a bit to do in the open world, even if it most of it comes from sidequests, rather than player interaction with things. Honestly, if CDPR would just fix the idiotic AI of NPCs and Cars, and implement some sort of warrant system where police actually chase you in cars, I think the open world would be fine. Anything they add beyond that would just be bonus.

If they don't have some AI system built already, making one from scratch is harder than you think.

Xeon

Augur
Yeah, crafting seems kinda shit, there is just so much guns, often times you find one that's at your level and you can exchange it. I am using guns less and less with how OP hacking is and how dumb the AI is at reacting to it.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

EpgWx4YW8AAAe_O

I have no idea what happened behind closed doors, but the entire dumpster fire made it seem like the refund apology came as an absolute surprise to both Microsoft and Sony, who then had to scramble their PR teams.

This message is like when you get dumped and you say it's mutual.
I am more interested in the statement that says who made the decision to let the game on the marketplace for PS4.

Was it leniency on Sony's part and "let's see if they notice" on CDPR's part? Or was it something else?

racofer

Thread Incliner
Last edited by a moderator:

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Was it leniency on Sony's part and "let's see if it works" on CDPR's part? Or was it something else?
From what I've read both Sony and MS waived away the usual certification process because CDPR promised them the game was going to be patched into a playable state by launch day.

CDPR lied to them about this, and then also threw them under the bus with the refunding, after which Sony simply decided to show them who has the bigger dick, with MS following suit.

I can't wait to see if Valve also decides to get on the rape train and allows refunds regardless of hours played.

The Jester

Cipher
Man, not being able to get side quests by interacting with NPCs really sucks.
This is literally a "checklist"
At this point, what is the use of an open world?

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Was it leniency on Sony's part and "let's see if it works" on CDPR's part? Or was it something else?
From what I've read both Sony and MS waived away the usual certification process because CDPR promised them the game was going to be patched into a playable state by launch day.

CDPR lied to them about this, and then also tried to shift the brunt of the refund process onto them, after which Sony simply decided to show them who has the bigger dick.
What the conference call says - I don't know if we have any other primary source - is that he (Michał Nowakowski) "can only assume that they [Sony and MS] trusted that we’re going to fix things upon release" Sony expected that the problems would be fixed by launch.

This is obviously a very fishy phrasing. First, the point of the certification test is to ascertain whether what's presented is good to go, not some hypothetical future version of what's presented. Second, we never get to know what this "assumption" of the CDPR exec was based on. Maybe there was a discussion of the state of the game between the certification team and the CDPR brass? Maybe in this discussion someone assumed some kind of responsibility - "we'll fix it!", "if you make me a promise, we'll certify it!" Or maybe we are expected to believe that the two events - the sending of the game and the certification - happened without any discussion.

Imagine how the disk with the most anticipated game of the last couple of years, and in the state that it's in to boot, was just mailed over to Sony without a word, and Sony again without a word just mailed back "Ok, pass!". I'm having a hard time imagining that.

That's why this "assumed" sounds so fishy.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom