Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
GitS is a rather average seinen softcore Sf action property like Shirow's other work Appleseed

Hey, at least Appleseed had top notch mecha design.

Frames per second drop below 25 during shootouts and fast driving through the streets. Blue screens of death on PS4.

Oh, if it crashed the console consistently, then yeah, that's a problem. Though I do remember Bloodborne dropping below 20 frames in fucking boss fights and people slobbered all over that one. Guess 77 didn't have the Sony exclusive tramp stamp to pacify the masses on that front.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Side-quests in the open world have always been kind of dumb to begin with.

I'm sick of trudging back and forth between quest givers to get the quest and the reward so this is not a simplification I mind at all, and it all makes sense in-universe. One thing they could have done though was play around with this some more, like the voice on the phone telling you to do XYZ isn't the fixer you meet in meatspace -> que le mystery.

The blue cop quest markers are a bit too much, these should have been strictly radiant/ad-hoc quests. All these 'reported assaults' patiently wait for the player to wander by and stop them is stupid immersion-breaking.

As for whole drama it will be gone in just 2-3 months after patching and everyone will forget it existed in first place.

Will be really funny if these lawsuits take off and gut the company before the game can be properly fixed, leaving it a janky mess forever.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
GitS is a rather average seinen softcore Sf action property like Shirow's other work Appleseed

Hey, at least Appleseed had top notch mecha design.
It's pretty average buddy-cop SF but Briareos looks cool.

Yeah, hard to argue with that.

Anyway, the more I play the game, the more I notice the world connectivity must have been pruned from the dev doc at some point, because you can spot elements of it in content that might have been finished before the cleaver fell.

There's a short side mission you do for the corpo chick you rescue in the prologue. Nothing special, go there, find that, though it does have a stat check at the end that changes the rewards. What's interesting about this one, is that if you snoop around the place where the story sends you, you can find dirt on a ripperdoc that runs the nearby clinic. You can then confront him, goody two shoes terminal style, or extort him for a discount.

Neat, and kinds what I wanted to see more of. It's not exactly the only example, but there really should be much more of that. Like, fuck the pedestrian AI or teleporting cops, I prefer my verisimilitude in small story doses like that.

Last edited:

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Actually, I don't even know what the problems with the last gen version are. FPS drops? Crashes? What got all them knickers in a bunch?
Frames per second drop below 25 during shootouts and fast driving through the streets. Blue screens of death on PS4. That's in addition to all the animation and pop-in problems that exist on all platforms.

25?According to some Digital Foundry/IGN videos I saw on base ps4/xbone it's generally around 25 while you walk around the city and it regularly drops below 20 during action sequences/combat making basically unplayable

If you made it all the way down to the end I'll buy you beer.

I want my beer

Perkel

Arcane
Ergo Proxy is great if you want to watch a confusing ugly mess and try to figure out what the fuck you just watched.

Ergo Proxy strongest parts are in those moments where mc explores world not in the plot. Plot is at the end effectively and it is basically typical deus ex machina.

Perkel

Arcane
CP2077 runs below that.
There are plenty of games running below 1080p on last gen consoles. Pretty much every one of them uses 900p as standard and 1080p for good deal of them, Xbox is in even worse place.

Witcher 3 itself run 22ish on last gen consoles @ 900p when it was released it got patched to run 30fps though but still at 900p.

Derringer

Prophet
Ergo Proxy is great if you want to watch a confusing ugly mess and try to figure out what the fuck you just watched.

Ergo Proxy strongest parts are in those moments where mc explores world not in the plot. Plot is at the end effectively and it is basically typical deus ex machina.
Yeah basically, the plot is non-existent bullshit used to display the world in the show.

Perkel

Arcane
I just can't get enough of this shit

Sees aldecado jacket. I see you are man of culture as well. For me Nomad lifepath was basically great story on itself with their ending. Poetic too especially when you overlook city. Did you finish it ?

edit: it seems i got it wrong.

25?According to some Digital Foundry/IGN videos I saw on base ps4/xbone it's generally around 25 while you walk around the city and it regularly drops below 20 during action sequences/combat
I actually had a PS4 and that sounds par for the course for a heavy open world game running on that shitty hardware. Where were the bestbuy and sony refunds for AC Unity, Mad Max, Batman Arkham Knight, Fallout 4 etc? And let's not forget the shitshow that was GTA5 on the PS3/X360...

The game's barely been out for a week. One week. You couldn't even reach the end of VTM Bloodlines until it got patched at a later date.

I really doubt this is about console gamers suddenly raising their standards.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
sqok0sfvnz561.jpg

Zer0wing

Cipher
I wonder why the game even drops the resolution in action on consoles, the bottleneck is clearly on CPU side.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
So berserk implant is garbage? You lose all access to hacking, gives you 10sec of +10% to stuff, with massive cooldown, so most likely you use it once per fight. What a waste of time.

+10% to this and that, so happy this is where game design is at now...

orcinator

Liturgist
I found it, I found the one halfway quest.
It's the one where you wake up naked where whatshername from the first mission was (apparently nobody bothered to clean the other body out).
You don't have any weapons or healing so you're actually pressured into thinking about what you're doing since your lead poisoning induced asthma is now a real issue and you can't blaze away with your max dps pistol or wallhack sniper so stealth is actually important instead of something you do to get easy kills.
The first room is also fucking pitch black so you probably don't want to fight in there unless you make sure to tag all the nearby enemies

Half the enemies are conveniently staring away from you for easy necksnaps and it ends as soon as it begins (you can also godmode it if you bothered to invest into hax) but by the rock bottom standards of the rest of the game it's the best I've seen.

It did make me wonder why I was dying about as fast as when I had all my armor on.
Did some testing with a sniper guy I found and I learned that the difference between 212 armor and 685 armor is a 20% reduction in damage. Not the most reliable study since the damage is probably randomized, wonder if someone did an actual mechanical analysis (fextralife says it's 40 armor per 1 less point of damage but that was clearly not the case with the sniper)

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
25?According to some Digital Foundry/IGN videos I saw on base ps4/xbone it's generally around 25 while you walk around the city and it regularly drops below 20 during action sequences/combat
I actually had a PS4 and that sounds par for the course for an open world game running on that shitty hardware. Where were the bestbuy and sony refunds for AC Unity, Mad Max, Batman Arkham Knight, Fallout 4 etc? And let's not forget the shitshow that was GTA5 on the PS3/X360...

The game's barely been out for a week, a week. It took longer than that for VTM Bloodlines to get a patch that even allowed you to finish the game.

My last console was a SNES so I can't comment on that

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Our favourite transgirl Sophia narwitz reviewed the game. I must say I agree with a lot of the points she made.

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/510135-cyberpunk-2077-full-review/

tl;dr

And that is what this game is: it’s weird. It is a title of two halves. On one hand, it’s a phenomenally well-crafted story and a gorgeously realized world with combat that, while not deep, is still fun, but on the other, are gameplay choices that don’t add up to much and features that seem like they’re missing. Throw in the many bugs and crashes, and the reality is that the game isn’t done. I have zero doubts that car customization options will be added in later, as will more combat techniques. I fully believe the world will be further fleshed out, with more to do, and the bugs will eventually be squashed. Likewise, the police will likely be altered, as will the overall NPC AI. But I can’t review a game on what it might be later on, I have to review it on what it is now, and, in its current state, is an immensely fun experience but one that, at every turn, left me disappointed at what it could’ve been.

Many people will pick up Cyberpunk 2077 and have fun. Admittedly, I had a lot of fun. Even factoring in all my many complaints, it’s one of the most enjoyable experiences of the year, but a game can give you a first impression only once, and I recommend people wait until this title has been updated and completely revamped. In six to 12 months, it’ll be a different experience, and I think people owe it to themselves to play it once it finds its true potential. For if it can unlock that, then this could share a tier with The Witcher 3, but it’s going to take a lot of work for CDPR to get it there. Hopefully, they have it in them, because it deserves more.

Epe0t9yXUAU4bTq

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
It did make me wonder why I was dying about as fast as when I had all my armor on.
Did some testing with a sniper guy I found and I learned that the difference between 212 armor and 685 armor is a 20% reduction in damage. Not the most reliable study since the damage is probably randomized, wonder if someone did an actual mechanical analysis (fextralife says it's 40 armor per 1 less point of damage but that was clearly not the case with the sniper)

So I can wear whatever I want as armor value is mostly irrelevant?

No more looking like dumpster diving hobo!?

BALANCED.

Perkel

Arcane
I wonder why the game even drops the resolution in action on consoles, the bottleneck is clearly on CPU side.

Nah this is clearly next gen looking game and consoles don't have enough juice. You are looking at 1,8TF and 1,2Tf machines worse than GTX960. CDPR will have to severely cut down texture res, volumetric lighting and other stuff to make it work smooth, same with distance view.

mondblut

Arcane
I have no idea what happened behind closed doors, but the entire dumpster fire made it seem like the refund apology came as an absolute surprise to both Microsoft and Sony, who then had to scramble their PR teams.

This message is like when you get dumped and you say it's mutual.

Polish madlads pwned the corpos. :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom