Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

ADL

Prophet
Say what you will about Wolfenstein TNC but I did like the
decapitation+head transplant stuff

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Me too, though it took *way* too long to reach that point.

In other news, Terminator: Resistance is finally having a sale on GOG at -40%. After CP2077 (which i'm still playing) i wasn't planning on spending any money on games this month but i decided to buy it anyway since AFAIK it went on sale only once on GOG a year ago and i'd like to play it some time soon.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
Last edited by a moderator:

pOcHa

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

c0240e653196589810c544102f6a389fc1efbd8724b30fce4b69e7e773ee3c48.jpg

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
It really is a very charming game, as long as you don't go in expecting something as good as BaK. It is good, but it's hard to compete with BaK. Although it plays very differently, it does share a similar-ish structure to BaK in tems of having a very tight plot but with an open-ended "go where you want when you want" world-building (though the plot is more linear than BaK). Planet exploration reminded me of Might and Magic a bit (then I found out Neal hard worked on MM3 and did this not long after, so that's not too surprising). In fact I'd say it's a cross between aspects from BaK, Might and Magic, and Starflight. I'm not the biggest fan of the ship combat and the resource gathering can be slow. The game has its share of quirks to be sure, and some can be aggravating, but I think it's worth playing. I don't think I really realized how unique the game is at the time.

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Yay, more games I'll never play or already owned on Steam! Merry Christmas!

z40Jw8P.jpg

I really like Styx (both the first one and the second one, the average quality of level is the same in both but the standard deviation is very high in SoD though). I disliked "Of Orcs and Men" a lot, I disliked Amerzone a bit. I don't know the other ones but I guess I will check Shadow Ops.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
https://af.gog.com/news/the_classic...retic_joins_the_ranks_of_gogcom?as=1649904300
about time Heretic and Hexen come here

Still no Heretic 2
Or Drakan...

her_editorial_5.jpg

weird HUD
Overall, this is almost the perfect package for these games. It's missing Heretic II and the expansion pack for Hexen II, but I'm guessing it's due to licensing issues much like why they aren't available on Steam. Still, you're getting a lot of content in one package...
This annoys me as well. Just like Dungeon siege I&II and no add-on expansions.

Finding Hexen II: Mission Pack - Portals of Praevus is a task and Heretic II is a pain. Even if you have them I wouldn't know if win10 installation is easy. Both are 1998 so I'll assume it falls under the cursed win95 umbrella but maybe the '98. Still, its annoying. You'll notice Activision for Praevus and
Overview
ATVI France SARL was the French distribution arm of Activision Publishing, Inc..

The company was closed on 17 April 2009, with its operations most likely handed over to Activision-Blizzard France SAS.

I guess that's an issue. Not sure why as we did get Wizard's & Warriors.

For $2.99... why the hell not? Snagged.

El Presidente

Arcane
Yay, more games I'll never play or already owned on Steam! Merry Christmas!

z40Jw8P.jpg
No exaggeration, Abe's Exoddus is one of the best games of all times and definitely in my top 10. I probably replayed it a hundred times, might even be able to speedrun it possibly - at least a glitchless run.

It's one of those infinitely fun games. Some of the later Zulags are such a joy to play, especially the ones where you can possess the Glukkon bureaucrats to give orders around and solve the puzzles. Incredible game.

El Presidente

Arcane
And the very first gud old gayme they release right after the Devotion controversy is called "heretic", not only the CCP is in full control of CD Projekt, they're also sending a message of dominance to the christian west too. Better wake up while you still can, cattle.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
is heretic gut?
It's basically a high quality Doom reskin. Even most of the weapons in their base mode map onto the Doom weapons. That said it does have some fun additions like Tome of Power, and the sheer number of weapons you have considering the Tome sometimes drastically changes how they work is very impressive. The levels were designed by Raven instead of id, so they don't quite feel the same, but they were excellent too and I sometimes enjoy the less abstract approach in Heretic (especially E1). If you want more Doom, or wished Doom had fantasy trappings, it's definitely worth it.

Hexen is in many way a better game, but it's also very different from Doom/Heretic.

Eirinjas

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Shame that Portal of Praevus isn't included.

There is 'The Ultimate patch for the Steam version of Hexen 2' that includes 'Portal of Praevus'. I bet it works just fine with GOG version:

https://hexenworld.org/downloads/archive/KUBA18i/

Features:
- Compatible 100% with modern Windows, both 32-bit and 64-bit!
- You have an easy to use interface to access every Hexen 2, Hexen World, mods and dedicated servers from a single place! No need to go into folders or play with command line parameters!
- Uses Hammer of Thyrion, probably the best source port of Hexen 2 around. Includes countless bug fixes(no more irritating crashes!), ability to change resolution within the game(no playing with parameters needed!), ability to scale HUD and text for higher resolutions(no more pain in trying to read what's on the screen!), folder based MP3/OGG music support(no CD needed for music), and it is fully compatible with vanilla saves and mods, so it's quite purist friendly.
- Includes a fancy new title screen! There's one for the base game and one for the expansion! If you dislike it though, you can just delete "Hexen 2/data1/Autoexec.cfg" and "Hexen 2/portals/autoexec.cfg". It's only a demo that plays when you boot the game, so it's not really purist unfriendly or anything.
- No more stupid silence! Hexen 2 has MIDI music, but it's really not as good and atmospheric as CD music, so after hearing CD songs you will not want to go back to using MIDI. This patch contains them.
- Includes the missing expansion pack, that's not included in the Steam version!
- Includes every map or modification for Hexen 2/HexenWorld ever made(well, at least every one I managed to find)! Mods can be easily accessed from my custom menu, no command line parameters needed!
- Bonus videos and other files included! The "Extras" folder contains the missing intro to this game, make sure to watch it sometime!
- Expanded "help" files! Now includes list of commands, Official FAQ and Mission Pack help!
- Setting up multiplayer games is much easier now!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom