Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
https://dailystormer.su/cyberpunk-2077-is-garbage/
Andrew Anglin said:
I played Cyberpunk 2077 for six hours

Rating:

2/10

That a klansman review?

Jesus fucking, Anglin really outdid himself in the stupidity department. I thought he was kinda based, but saying that "im a competent FPS player because i play RDR2" is priceless xD

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
But will it be revamped? My fear is that they might just fix the best they can the bugs and console version, and pull the plug on the project
Hard to say, they have an online version in the works, however, with the failure of the game to live up to the hype and the lost of the "company that is pro gamers" reputation, the prospects of that being successful are alot worse than before. They could have an alternative of re-launching the game to garner some good will but it is queationable of how expensive that will be for them. The DLC on this game must be ALOT better than Witcher 3 ones as they are their chance to relaunch the game. They need a redemption narrative of "we fuck up guys, please forget we lied to you and kinda stolen your money on false promises but please we are good guys again." If they REALLY dont take the effort of rebuilding that hype, their online project (the real reason their stock was so expensive as investors were expecting huge microtransaction money on the future) can end up being a failure.

No Mans Sky has that redemption narrative, it now has this magical aura of success. If you actually look at the core game its identical to release, run around proc gen planets that all end up looking the same, and the same shitty storyline with hipster art school ending. All the stuff they have added is bells and whistles (and co-op of course because muh multiplayer) fundamentally the game and its core systems are the same.

No reason that CDPR cannot do the exact same thing, fix bugs, add lots of shinies and DLC and maybe tweak some systems here and there. My prediction is in a year or two Cyberpunk will be in the same place as NMS, media and normies crowing about how wonderful it is now and CDPR are such good guys for fixing it. This current shitstorm is just the classic dog-piling onto a car crash that we have seen time and time again eg Fallout 76, Anthem, Mass Effect etc. I give it a couple of months and people will get tired of the CP2077 memes and then CDPR can quietly get on with fixing stuff.

Obviously this requires them to actually put in the effort to fix the game, but this IP is clearly very important for the future of CDPR so I see no reason they would not.

The fact that No Man's Sky is considered a redemption narrative instead of "they released some early access shit and just continued to dev on it" is hilarious.

Why should companies even release finished games anymore? Just throw everything half-assed out on launch day. At best, you'll have years to dev on it. At worst, you already made your money. Is not ditching your underdeveloped, overhyped game the bar for success now? This is why publisher will continue to fuck consumers over, cause they deserve it.

At least call it early access. The only redemption story is fucking Final Fantasy whatever the MMO. They had the decency to offer a public seppuku, Hello Games didn't give so much as a "my bad." Change my mind.

Stavrophore

Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
If the devs could introduce proper bug notification systems with some prerequisites, like testing the knowledge of bug reporting person when it comes to PCs, how game renders etc. devs could have obtained thousands of reports that way. Slap a search system that shows if anyone else submited similar bug, and you are golden. A company like CDPR could have get away with dozen of bug testers which sole work would be replicating bugs mentioned by players and repeat them. Thus releasing unfinished games is actually beneficial to company[and popularity of paid almost done-betas will rise], as they can find them much quicker. The consumer of course suffer, but with these complex open world games with multiple quests, it would be costly to hire lot of bug testers. We are no longer in 90s, where a few cave dwellers could test whole game multiple times, because it was graphically simple game, and mechanics test could be easily done with unit tests.

catchaser

Savant
I think police patrols and pursuits were simply removed from the city. The mechanic seems to still be there, but only in the badlands area. Badlands are barren, flat and mostly lifeless. Night City is full of tight alleyways and packed full with NPCs. I'm sure the cop AI - when enabled, would cause a second holocaust in that environment. Also, seeing how erraticly the car and pedestrian spawning works, cop cars would just explode on spawn half of the time. So yeah, while i have no solid proof i think cop AI was disabled deliberately.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I am playing on PC and right now I have around 82h playing it.

Some thoughts on pc version:

Bugs are the lesser problem with this game. You can see some glitches and bugs here and there but on average the game runs very solid even on my 7yo pc (GTX 970). No framerates problems, no CTDs, no game breaking bugs, its totally fine. *BUT*...

... the game is very, very slim. Its clear, literally everywhere, that A LOT was cut from the base game. Trains, subway, subsystems, minigames, AI... you can see it everywhere. Its sad, embarrassing and uncomfortable, really. Some things called my attention as they are very basic in this type of game:

You cannot:

1) change appearance;
2) honk the horn;
3) use the toilet;
4) remove cloths to take bath (well, you can, but default is with clothes on);
5) use the trains/ metro;
6) use bikes.

Night City is by far the most interesting and live city in any game, ever, period. You can see that designers added trillions of tiny and personal details, here and there. Lots of districts really feel unique, lots of interesting places to visit and explore... but... the wasted opportunities... the dumb AI, the lack of people and cars in some areas, lack of npc schedule, lack of reactivity even to simples things like daytime and weather... Its incredible how they wasted it. E.g.: there is a couple of policemen just outside my apartment trying to enter in another apartment, and they are there for more than weeks now. Any time of day or night, doesn't matter. Speaking about it, day/ night dont interfere with anything at all, you can raid a place during noon, its the same that raiding at midnight.

Itemization is exactly like Witcher 3, which is horrible and makes no sense whatsoever. There are some situations like you cannot use a hat, because you are level locked. Its ridiculous.

Also

1) Game is WAY too easy + forgiving. There's a line of quests where you hunt some psychos, and you should not kill them. But for CP2077, doesn't matter, they'll not be killed anyway. I can shoot them in the head, and no penalties will happen. Zero.

2) Verticality is an illusion, the game is exactly like Fallout 4 in this aspect: 99% of doors are locked and there is no way to go in. Most buildings are just 3 floors, stairs are blocked by something (garbage, concrete, fences...) or you can just use elevator. No exploration at all.

Overall its a good game, but don't live to the hype. 7/10 maximum and every time I think about it i get more pissed.

Last edited:

Gargaune

Magister
E.g.: there is a couple of policemen just outside my apartment trying to enter in another apartment, and they are there for more than weeks now. Any time of day or night, doesn't matter.
My early impressions suggest you're right in general, but in this particular instance - that's a quest. If you approach the cops, you should be able to strike up a conversation where they'll ask you to check in on your neighbour. You'll have to go kill some time and come back later before he'll answer the door.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Speaking of writing, someone at CDPR must have a vengeance fetish, I don't count anymore the quests were it's all about "I wanna kill this dude cuz I can't stand him". Not to mention the logic behind them is utterly retarded, but then maybe everyone is retarded in 2077.

Although I did kinda notice that between Judy, Panaam and the tranny bartender, it's only the "strong female SJW version" that gets these vengeance quests. Hmmm, makes you wonder.

100% this. The entire narrative is composed of SJW fantasies. All the straight characters are killed (Jackie, Takemura) or are marked for termination by V.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I am getting chrome-buyers remorse in this game so hard.
The "bullet time on evade" is buggy, shots don't hit and melee enemies rubberband towards you anyway.
The mantis blades have a long ass kill animation that break the flow and let you stand there like an idiot afterwards. Probably op if you spec for blades with the hp leech, but not when I got them.
The gorilla hands are false advertising. They say "can rip open doors", but that's fake news. You still need to pass the str check. :argh:
I chopped off V's forarms for nuzzink.:cry:

The main bullet time plugin make you loose ALL hacking, even ping and data theft, so it's not worth it either.
If money weren't so easy to come by, I would of have cheated me my 100 grand back by now. :argh:

The brawl fights are buggy as hell as well. Had to replay the Arroyo fight at least 7 times. The guy either clipped through me, became immune to interrupts or simply healed himself, because the AI forgot to block that for him. Best way to play those is just using counterattacks it seems. Sad.

This game is like an abusive reationship, whyyyy do I keep coming back?
:negative:

Use smart weapons. They are the equivalent of "Win button". It's the only thing that made the combat bearable.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Oh, if it crashed the console consistently, then yeah, that's a problem. Though I do remember Bloodborne dropping below 20 frames in fucking boss fights and people slobbered all over that one. Guess 77 didn't have the Sony exclusive tramp stamp to pacify the masses on that front.
Crashing has to be a less regular thing because I don't see it showing up in memes all that much. Console players are generallyl used to smoother experience and no weird things, as far as I understand. Either it's this, or by now we're at the stage where everybody is mad just because he read on the internet that he should be mad.

25?According to some Digital Foundry/IGN videos I saw on base ps4/xbone it's generally around 25 while you walk around the city and it regularly drops below 20 during action sequences/combat making basically unplayable
Then it's my bad because I've watched the same video. Probably it's worse than I remember it.

Stavrophore

Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Speaking of writing, someone at CDPR must have a vengeance fetish, I don't count anymore the quests were it's all about "I wanna kill this dude cuz I can't stand him". Not to mention the logic behind them is utterly retarded, but then maybe everyone is retarded in 2077.

Although I did kinda notice that between Judy, Panaam and the tranny bartender, it's only the "strong female SJW version" that gets these vengeance quests. Hmmm, makes you wonder.

100% this. The entire narrative is composed of SJW fantasies. All the straight characters are killed (Jackie, Takemura) or are marked for termination by V.

Of course many quests you do for females, just feel like simping.

Trithne

Erudite
Some of the exploits shown in this video may be patched later in the future, but the idiotic item/crafting/perk/combat design will most likely remain. Judging by how these sort of issues are usually handled by incompetent developers, things might even get worse. I believe nothing else needs to be said about this an utterly retarded game at this point.

If they patch them out they need to completely rethink crafting from the ground up. Getting crafting to level 18 with the exploit is already a tedious chore (the main exploit being the one where you repeatedly "dismantle" the MK2 to get the XP, but as long as you have them equipped, they won't dismantle, so you can do it infinitely). I cannot imagine how you would be able to do it legitimately. It would take over a hundred hours of doing nothing but craft useless weapons for tiny XP gains.

This is why ex nihilo crafting systems are decline and should be excised like the cancer they are. Fucking Fallout 4 has a better implementation of weapon modding than CP77.

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
Heh, so suits from Sony carried out Red Wedding. This has to be the most spectacular reputation downfall in the history of games. From Jesus to Judas in one day.

Turjan

Arcane
Some of the exploits shown in this video may be patched later in the future, but the idiotic item/crafting/perk/combat design will most likely remain. Judging by how these sort of issues are usually handled by incompetent developers, things might even get worse. I believe nothing else needs to be said about this an utterly retarded game at this point.

If they patch them out they need to completely rethink crafting from the ground up. Getting crafting to level 18 with the exploit is already a tedious chore (the main exploit being the one where you repeatedly "dismantle" the MK2 to get the XP, but as long as you have them equipped, they won't dismantle, so you can do it infinitely). I cannot imagine how you would be able to do it legitimately. It would take over a hundred hours of doing nothing but craft useless weapons for tiny XP gains.

This is why ex nihilo crafting systems are decline and should be excised like the cancer they are. Fucking Fallout 4 has a better implementation of weapon modding than CP77.
To be fair, the video shows a situation that isn't typical for the game. Who dumps 20 ability points into crafting? If you do it with less than 12 ability points, you will lose materials in the process. However, what still works is that you get tons of rare components basically for free, and that still makes a lot of money. You'll probably still have to do the soft drink exploit first in order to be able to move over to the one with med kits. Now again, I think people who want to sit for hours and repeatedly press that stupid crafting button have made their choice about how to spend their lives, so I'm not really upset.

Stuff like the weird balancing between game modes are more concerning to me. If you spec for assault rifles and pour lots of ability and perk points into this type of combat, you are still inferior to a melee fighter with Body 3 (which caps the related skills accordingly) and no melee perks whatsoever.

Koolz

Learned
Possibly Retarded
Heh, so suits from Sony carried out Red Wedding. This has to be the most spectacular reputation downfall in the history of games. From Jesus to Judas in one day.

Red and I see a lot of Red! CD Project Red lost 1.8 Billion dollars.

bows down to China so they don't lose that market with selling Cyberpunk 2077.

This is a mess.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I've put 50 hours into the game (Level 39, Very Hard) but I quit before the last mission because I no longer cared about any character.

Let's start with the good parts cause they are very few: Night City, the cars, in-game cutscenes, some quests (maybe less than 5) and the atmosphere at certain moments.

Night City is massive and it looks really impressive. It's the single most important highlight of the game. Each location has an insane amount of details. The same with the cars.

Other than that every other aspect of this game is sub-par or mediocre at best: ui, movement, combat, driving, stealth, AI, exploration, itemization, crafting, skills, level-scaling, quest-design, writting and story are garbage-tier.

UI is designed for consoles but I cannot phantom someone which likes to press a button 20 times to dissemble 20 weapons each 10 minutes or to manually scroll through dozens of shards.

Movement is clunky which is simply unacceptable after "8 years" of development. If you cannot implement proper fluid movement then you have no business with fps games.

There is something fundamentally wrong with the character's animations outside of in-game cut-scenes. These issue are very noticeable when you sneak on stairs.

Combat is a mess. It's very hard to aim when everyone is moving in bizarre ways. I gave up on this shit and I went for smart weapons.

Driving is competent. I actually enjoyed it but at the same time the cars feel very floaty for some reason.

Stealth is retarded. I got the implant "slow time on detection" and I could basically run while crouched all over the places. Also there are only two animations for stealthy taking down enemies.

AI is non-existent, in combat or otherwise. While racing the AI cheats by teleporting behind you. I suspect the enemies don't have any AI for driving and everything is scripted (probably manually).

Exploration is garbage because most locations are generic and a couple of them are even reused. Also the game overwhelms the player with quests soon after the world opens up.

Itemization is bad. Each 5 minutes you get a weapon which is better than what you have. That's why I specialized in crafting asap and I could use the same legendary weapons for the last 5 levels.

Crafting is as simple as it can be but the upgrade system is bullshit because the required resources increase dramatically after 1 or 2 upgrades.

Most perks are useless while others are must-have. I specialized in critical damage with rifles and my sniper was doing 100k+ damage per shot because stacking multiple x% is a sign of decline or retarded game designer. Funny thing: Sasquatch went down in one hit from my sniper rifle. I reloaded and I let her live.

There is a secret leveling up based on your main level. You get to a location and you cannot do shit because your weapon is doing 1% damage pet hit. You fuck around in the world, you gain 5 levels, but you don't upgrade any combat skills and suddenly you are doing 20% damage per hit.

Level-scaling is the same imbecilic system from TW3.

Quest-design is a let down. It's true that there are not many fedex quests but at the same time most quests are just pointless kill/steal quests.

The writing is simply not mature enough for a cyberpunk game. The game feels like it was written by edgy teenagers without any real life experience.

Story is mediocre at best. Somebody had a hard on for subverting your expectation pointless betrayal and revenge tropes. Also strong independent women.

That's about it. The game is fucked because its design is fucked. There is no way CDPR will be able to fix this mess.

It's more like a 4/10 or 20 potatoes game. Nice for sight seeing but that's about it. I had more fun with Fallout 4 than this crap.

Last edited:

res11

Novice
Fist fights were fun in Witcher 3, fist fights are not fun in Cyberpunk 2077.
Fist fights in Witcher 3 were completely braindead lol. I literally went through THE WHOLE GAME and won all the fist fighting challenges without getting hit even once, using just block and punch, rinse and repeat.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I love how they implemented detailed scopes yet all of them except maybe 2 are hot garbage.

Just as in real life, rather just have the factory iron sights.

From what I've read both Sony and MS waived away the usual certification process because CDPR promised them the game was going to be patched into a playable state by launch day.

CDPR lied to them about this, and then also threw them under the bus with the refunding, after which Sony simply decided to show them who has the bigger dick, with MS following suit.

I can't wait to see if Valve also decides to get on the rape train and allows refunds regardless of hours played.

Allowing blanket refunds for the PC version would be retarded, since it plays amazingly compared to older consoles

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
Why should companies even release finished games anymore? Just throw everything half-assed out on launch day. At best, you'll have years to dev on it. At worst, you already made your money. Is not ditching your underdeveloped, overhyped game the bar for success now? This is why publisher will continue to fuck consumers over, cause they deserve it.

100% right. This will become the new norm.
It's more enjoyable to develop games than it is to play them now. You still have to wait sure but at least you know what you've got and where its going if you trust a studio you have no idea if the studio is just going to jump ship and run. They're treating AAA development like Kickstarter now, it is so pathetic.

AAA just isn't worth it.

Turjan

Arcane
Allowing blanket refunds for the PC version would be retarded, since it plays amazingly compared to older consoles
I think the GOG version of the game has a blanket refund policy, anyway. Theoretically you can play the game for 30 days (or one less) and then refund it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom