Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

DeepOcean

Arcane
Stuff like the weird balancing between game modes are more concerning to me. If you spec for assault rifles and pour lots of ability and perk points into this type of combat, you are still inferior to a melee fighter with Body 3 (which caps the related skills accordingly) and no melee perks whatsoever.
Nah, grab a precision rifle, get the eye cyberware mod that allow you to see anyone that detected you and just murder the entire game by shooting dudes on their balls through walls, through the roofs and the floors, that is way more efficient than running around meleeing. Also, have that legendary sniper rifle with tracking bullets when you need to murder anyone at far without any chance of retaliation and no need of good aiming whatsoever. Actually this game is so easy that you can murder anyone with impunity with anything.

Did people complain Witcher was to hard? Cos it seems like "smart" bullets and shooting through walls is close to using a console cheat mode.
I think they were seeking that coolness factor to show on the trailers and market the game, it is fun to shoot enemies through the walls but the problem is that they didnt think things through of what that sort of thing would do balance wise.

Tech weapons in general need to be have way less demage on penetrating shots, having some materials that cant be penetrated and having limited range for penetration.

Tracking guns need to have some kind of limitation like netrunners jamming tracking until you deal with them so you cant just murder an entire room as soon as you enter on it.

I wouldnt nerf them so they would be useless but making them build gated and only being able to do what they do as default only by level 50 would be good ideas. Sure, it is fun when you use a precision rifle the first time but afterwhile, this is an open world game and trivializing difficulty that fast isnt a good idea.

Perkel

Arcane
Remember when AVX mod to force game to run even if you didn't have AVX ? And how CDPR was fucked up due to this ? From latest patch notes:

- Removed the use of AVX instruction set thus fixing crashes occurring at the end of the Prologue on processors not supporting AVX.

Probably not the only one...

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I got stuck inside Panam's head while her eye balls floated in front on the camera on a scripted section, it isnt exactly game breaking but it wasnt an experience I wish to go through again.

Dude, someone complaned that this Panamka bugged out in sex scene - floated with t-pose in the night with sort of phosphorescence, while player already had night time of day, he squeeled and almost shat himself lol.

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
My nomad character, does anyone who is actually playing the game knows who sells trench coats? I need one.

I got a legendary one late in the game either as a reward or loot, not sure which. Just noticed in the inventory.

They definitely exist as items though.

Danikas

Arcane
Remember when AVX mod to force game to run even if you didn't have AVX ? And how CDPR was fucked up due to this ? From latest patch notes:

- Removed the use of AVX instruction set thus fixing crashes occurring at the end of the Prologue on processors not supporting AVX.

Probably not the only one...
Rush it baby its clear the game would have been much better if delayed for like half a year Im still enjoying it and the developers did great job in the time they had but the tards at the top fucked it hard and you know they wont have to anwser for this shitstorm.

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
I think they were seeking that coolness factor to show on the trailers and market the game, it is fun to shoot enemies through the walls but the problem is that they didnt think things through of what that sort of thing would do balance wise.

Tech weapons in general need to be have way less demage on penetrating shots, having some materials that cant be penetrated and having limited range for penetration.

Tracking guns need to have some kind of limitation like netrunners jamming tracking until you deal with them so you cant just murder an entire room as soon as you enter on it.

I wouldnt nerf them so they would be useless but making them build gated and only being able to do what they do as default only by level 50 would be good ideas. Sure, it is fun when you use a precision rifle the first time but afterwhile, this is an open world game and trivializing difficulty that fast isnt a good idea.

For smart guns at least you'll notice that there's half a nod in that direction. They do less damage generally and are absolutely useless at range against some melee opponents. Just so infrequent as to make your point about another avenue being needed to encourage play away from 'put a clip in the air and wait for it to land on heads'.

SlamDunk

Arcane
This thread is like every thread on NeoLazyGAF:

repost after repost after repost after repost

Next time, try to browse at least a few pages back before posting something.

Some people say that with patch 1.04 some NPCs have been censored. It also looks like censoring the game further *might* be a consideration at CDPR HQ judging by the admission that first-person censorship is not a bug and this from the 1.05 changelog:
  • V appears more modest in the inventory preview after the half year montage ;)
Ofc that last one might mean something else entirely, but if true, it looks like CDPR might be walking back on one of the few things from marketting that remained in the game, namely the T&A.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist

Tyger Claws gangers often have that tattoo (which you can also get for free from Wakako) which causes smart rounds to veer off to god knows where if they get close.
You'll have to literally run right up to them and shoot at contact distance to hit them at all (so the rounds don't have time/space to change trajectory).
Seems to be pretty much a hard-counter (contact distance exempted), unless there's some quickhack I missed which disables that?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I seem to have shielded myself from bugs because I don't use fast travel, don't use skip time, don't drive bikes and like to keep my inventory at the minimum needed.
  • Fixed an issue with objective getting stuck on "Talk to Viktor" in The Ripperdoc.
The onlly quest bug I've experienced, once. I loaded a couple of minutes older savegame and moved on.

• Removed the memory_pool_budgets.csv file. which was not connected with the final version of the game and had no influence on it (it was a leftover file used during the development to estimate memory usage. It had no effect on how much memory was actually allocated). Perceived performance increase after editing the file may have been related to restarting the game.

LOL. Well, we told you so.

Xeon

Augur
Any tips on fist fights? I am trying to fight the twins but I am getting 2 shotted by them, I am Lv18 but my Body is at 3, all my points I put into INT and only 1 at Tech.

I have the Legendary armor cybernetics that give +200 armor, thinking of getting the unique version as well since I have been searching for another legendary version but not being able to find one.

Edit:
Will the Gorilla arms help? right now I have the free legendary Monowires.

Robber Baron

Savant
Do I look like a consoletard to you who cannot into glorious mouse control?

Playing with a controller is a better experience(for me at least). The driving is very comfy with force feedback and being able to control the speed with a trigger. Shooting also becomes less trivial and more rewarding. Well and having control over speed of the player movement is more immersive in general.

Any tips on fist fights? I am trying to fight the twins but I am getting 2 shotted by them, I am Lv18 but my Body is at 3, all my points I put into INT and only 1 at Tech.

They stop attacking you if you move towards the part of the arena where the dude with the guitar is. Get yourself a perk that enables in combat health regen and just kite them out.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Rush it baby its clear the game would have been much better if delayed for like half a year Im still enjoying it and the developers did great job in the time they had but the tards at the top fucked it hard and you know they wont have to anwser for this shitstorm.
Yes, like I've been saying too a few pages back - 6 months would have been much better - fewer old gen consoles still in operation, and a more polished game.

Some people say that with patch 1.04 some NPCs have been censored. It also looks like censoring the game further *might* be a consideration at CDPR HQ judging by the admission that first-person censorship is not a bug and this from the 1.05 changelog:
  • V appears more modest in the inventory preview after the half year montage ;)
Ofc that last one might mean something else entirely, but if true, it looks like CDPR might be walking back on one of the few things from marketting that remained in the game, namely the T&A.
Cool it, probably just means the dick isn't visible anymore. You will still have your naked dolls.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
unknown.png

Apparently my game doesn't have too many dildos but when it does, well...

680x0

Learned

I have the Legendary armor cybernetics that give +200 armor, thinking of getting the unique version as well since I have been searching for another legendary version but not being able to find one.

Edit:
Will the Gorilla arms help? right now I have the free legendary Monowires.

I got one of the Twins down @ LVL 2 on a hackermans build, just didn't feel like save scumming too much. Focus on one twin and keep him between you and the other, stick and move until they both have low aggro and then combo.

Turjan

Arcane
Stuff like the weird balancing between game modes are more concerning to me. If you spec for assault rifles and pour lots of ability and perk points into this type of combat, you are still inferior to a melee fighter with Body 3 (which caps the related skills accordingly) and no melee perks whatsoever.
Nah, grab a precision rifle, get the eye cyberware mod that allow you to see anyone that detected you and just murder the entire game by shooting dudes on their balls through walls, through the roofs and the floors, that is way more efficient than running around meleeing. Also, have that legendary sniper rifle with tracking bullets when you need to murder anyone at far without any chance of retaliation and no need of good aiming whatsoever. Actually this game is so easy that you can murder anyone with impunity with anything.

Did people complain Witcher was to hard? Cos it seems like "smart" bullets and shooting through walls is close to using a console cheat mode.
I didn't say it's hard or anything. It's just weird that you can still do that.
Maybe, the always working melee is just the option for people who can't play games other than whack everything over the head repeatedly.

Last edited:

kangaxx

Arbiter
I didn't even bother with the boxing stuff. Like you I had level 3 Body and got 1 shot by the twins even at level 30. Now I've finished the game I could try and do them all, but fist fighting is clunky and not fun at all IMO.

Andhaira

Arcane

Having penises in char gen, and then something like this...even with a perfect game release who in their right mind thought this was a good thing to put into a AAA game? They deserve everything they get.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom