Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

mondblut

Arcane
Some people say that with patch 1.04 some NPCs have been censored. It also looks like censoring the game further *might* be a consideration at CDPR HQ judging by the admission that first-person censorship is not a bug and this from the 1.05 changelog:
  • V appears more modest in the inventory preview after the half year montage ;)
Ofc that last one might mean something else entirely, but if true, it looks like CDPR might be walking back on one of the few things from marketting that remained in the game, namely the T&A.

Maybe his dick is no longer sticking through his pants? There goes the value of the game...

ChildInTime

Learned
OMG you can't make this shit up: :lol:
Bonus points for his nickname.
r4bCdjy.jpg
Were people really expecting some real life level simulator of dark future with metal hands and waifus galore?

Turjan

Arcane
Also a "balanced" build becomes plenty OP as soon as you start outscaling the enemies, things just die somewhat slower.
At which level would this be? While Watson ranges more or less between "very low" and "moderate" for me now, City Center and Heywood are pretty much at "very high" throughout, Biotechnica Flats at "high". At what level do you surpass the more difficult areas?

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
Quite a nice touch, probably better they didn't overdo it though.

But now I have to wonder, are those things in the city too? You know, like, NEXT TO all the question marks?

Fuck, have I been conditioned not to look for the truth by all the question marks? Have I become complicit to the question mark?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Were people really expecting some real life level simulator of dark future with metal hands and waifus galore?
My favorite subset of "darkusers" are those who pretend to be fighting the decline of the West while taking nude pics of their V in photomode: "Please CDPR, don't you dare make panties obligatory in photomode! The fate of Western Civilization is no laughing matter!"

orcinator

Liturgist
Also a "balanced" build becomes plenty OP as soon as you start outscaling the enemies, things just die somewhat slower.
At which level would this be? While Watson ranges more or less between "very low" and "moderate" for me now, City Center and Heywood are pretty much at "very high" throughout, Biotechnica Flats at "high". At what level do you surpass the more difficult areas?

The highest level mooks I saw were like lv38 or something, probably goes up to 40 and some stuff scales with you. For me the decline in difficulty started around level 18.

Turjan

Arcane

The highest level mooks I saw were like lv38 or something, probably goes up to 40 and some stuff scales with you. For me the decline in difficulty started around level 18.
I see. I'm at level 23 now. Watson is a cakewalk, but some of the other areas are still very dangerous.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Their words ring truer than ever amidst this disaster. The Outer Worlds may have been disappointing/mediocre/bad/whatever you want, but they never advertised it as the next best thing.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
It's hilarious how many dunces took the placebo and believed it.

I still see people saying that enabling the triple buffering option in their NVIDIA control panel "fixed their game" even though it's not compatible with D3D or Vulkan... i.e. 99% of games.

Same with the options for anti-aliasing; I see people say all the time how they "disable that ugly TAA in the game!!! EWWW why do devs use that!!!" and then "fixed" the game's jaggies by enabling the NVIDIA control panel anti-aliasing options... even though those AA options aren't compatible with games that use deferred rendering, i.e. 99% of games.

TLDR placebos are stronk.

EDIT: Another good one are the people I've seen talk about how they love their "high refresh rate GYSYNC monitors omg everything is SO SMOOTH I love 60fps high refresh rate GSYNC!!!!!" even though, by definition, GSYNC technology means the refresh rate is constantly fluctuating along with the FPS, and if they're playing at 60fps that means it's at 60Hz if GSYNC is turned on... which is as intended, people just don't know any better.

Last edited:

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
This side quest became very memorable for the sandstorm which blew in as it was happening. Sadly, the screenshot also showcases some of the issues with the game too. Times where you can see where everything could click so brilliantly, and to be fair you do get the odd occasion when it does.

20201218094214-1.jpg

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
LoL the game story is soo fucking bad that it is painful to play. The endings were pretty shill,even the solo charge was limp dicked because the game can't have more than 5 dudes shooting at you. Too much cinematics that go on for 10-20 minutes without stopping. It is literally a pretentious film larping as a game.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
OMG you can't make this shit up: :lol:
Bonus points for his nickname.

The game was so overhyped that it was all things to all people. CDPR also didn't help by sending so many mixed messages about the content.

One day it was an RPG, the next it was an open world action/adventure and on occasion it was even Deus Ex reborn.

No one, either customers or studios, will learn from this experience. Especially considering how many other games have made the same mistake with overhype, yet people still fall for it.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
Turns out the game has a suicidal AI subsystem. Or something.

Thrice now, a scream followed by a body splatting on the ground happened. The first time, I thought it was an NPC that glitched off a higher level, but no, it seems to be a coded thing.

MasPingon

Arcane
unknown.png

Whatever else Cyberpunk may be, it sure is hell of a nice passenger seat sim

Every time this sections happen in the game I wonder what retard thought it would be fun. You can't drive, you often can't skip it, you can't open the door to get out, cause even opening the door in this game is scripted. I wanted to die in Panam quest simp session.

Danikas

Arcane
Every time this sections happen in the game I wonder what retard thought it would be fun. You can't drive, you often can't skip it, you can't open the door to get out, cause even opening the door in this game is scripted.
There is dedicated skip ride button that you can use after npc is done talking...

Turns out the game has a suicidal AI subsystem. Or something.

Thrice now, a scream followed by a body splatting on the ground happened. The first time, I thought it was an NPC that glitched off a higher level, but no, it seems to be a coded thing.
Probably some codder that worked 14/h a day put this into the game to express his feelings.

Some more expression from lvl designers.
1e9mpzd3lr561.jpg

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom