Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Riskbreaker

Nothing can possibly be worse than the late Xbox/early Xbox 360 era bloom. It was like your eyes being constantly sprinkled with some acid, you could feel them going dry.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
x1VoWHW.jpg

73ocp3w.jpg

2WwIUnl.jpg

JgJhoNE.jpg

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Dungeon Master

I was toying with the idea of making a Let's Play called A Boy and his Dog, but in all the excitement I forgot to make enough screenshots.

RtxNInU.jpg

W9Ywno5.jpg

JDR13

Arcane
"Taken care of me? Mike, you’re my kid brother, and you take care of me? Did you ever think of that. Ever once? Send Fredo off to do this, send Fredo to take care of that… take care of some little unimportant night club here, and there; pick somebody up at the airport. I’m your older brother Mike and I was stepped over! …"

"It ain’t the way I wanted it! I can handle things. I’m smart. Not like everybody says, like dumb. I’m smart and I want respect!"

3BB27B64DAB654BB9E715E657CA86748297B53BD

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Konjad is it still a trainwreck?
No, no bugs, and the gameplay is great. Here's my review which I posted in the game's thread:

This is honestly the best pirate RPG I've ever played. It has low Steam ratings because of a really botched release version, but as of late 2020 all bugs seem to have been squashed. Although I haven't finished the game yet, after hours of play I did not encounter a single issue with the game at all, not even a minor bug, so it seems all is fine by now.

The atmosphere of the game is superb. It feels quite grim and violent, which fits the pirate theme perfectly. It's more akin to Black Sails TV series than any other pirate game I ever played. Music is very pleasant, from calm ambient sounds and quiet theme to tavern sordid songs sung and played by NPCs, it all fits perfectly. Visuals are just as good, the game is fairly gloomy, nonetheless, there are not only dark jungles or dirty docks, but also beautiful beaches and wealthier town parts which look authentic and pleasant.

The main storyline might not be the most interesting one with its theme of vengeance, but it is properly delivered and side quests can be quite interesting. Moreover, the main character, who is a pirate, acts like one. A deranged man with no morals and you get to play the bad guy, which is rare even in pirate games - which usually while allowing you piracy, have storylines about saving someone or the world or you always act like the nice guy helping others and just receiving payment as a reward, or becoming a merchant. In Vendetta it's the complete opposite. I especially appreciate the complete lack of any political correctness and realistic portrayal of the times. Lots of swearing from pirates, as well as "dirty talk", no "poor and defensless native people" just trying to stay alive against evil colonizers like in Risens. Here they are portrayed in a more authentic way of the brutal world and in their interactions with outsiders. They are depicted as uncivilized and often as immoral as invaders, if not more. Women are clearly presented in the game more to be either wives or prostitutes, no women captains or governors. Piracy is more profitable than trade as well. While this all might sound a little harsh and degrading, it is a realistic depiction of the times and places.

Combat is outstanding. Both land fights and sea battles are enjoyable and challenging. A lot of people in Steam reviews complain about the combat - I suspect these people don't enjoy the challenge. When you fight in melee you need to time your attacks correctly and block properly. Mashing LMB will get you killed quickly. Fights require patience, not throwing yourself at the enemy. When fighting multiple enemies, they will not allow you to duel them in succession, but instead stab you in the back as soon as they can. To win unfair fights you're often going to need some dirty tricks, including kicking, using second weapon that is your hook, or using pistols - and you can carry up to three of them loaded simultaneously. There are skills improving your possibilities in combat, but more important are the player's skills.

Sea battles are also well made, but more similar to other pirate games. You press a button to give command to shoot from left, right or front, and have option to use three different kinds of ammunition. Boarding is also possible, although you don't take a part in it directly, but just give orders. There are different ships to use in the game and each of them can be upgraded so as to make it better in some ways, such as you can sacrifice some space for cargo to load more cannons on the ship. My only complaint is that you can only have one ship. There is no way to hire another captain and create a fleet, which is a shame because I'd really like to make a fleet and besiege a town, but I guess that was beyond developers' time or capabilities.

There are also multiple factions to join, but you don't need to join anyone and are able to remain a lone wolf throughout the game, however, you can get more quests if you join one of them, i.e. the French. In addition, you never have too much money in Raven's Cry, as often is the case in other RPGs. There are always multiple things to spend money on, and ships can be very expensive.

Recapitulating, this is a properly done Role-Playing as well as pirate game with fantastic land and sea combat, marvelous realism and authenticity of the world and decent enough story. All activities in this game give plenty of entertainment, whether it is combat, dialogues, exploration or piracy. There are no weak or poorly made parts of the game, which is extremely rare in pirate games. Bugs seem to have been fixed too. Overall, it's a really great game worth time and money. Unquestionably the best game from Reality Pump. If you enjoy RPGs, then I strongly recommend playing Vendetta as it's an engrossing and gratifying experience.

potatojohn

Arcane
Beautiful visuals:
Notice how you post actual action packed RPG gameplay while all the CP77 screens are all either selfies or static environment bullshots without even a hint of gameplay? Tells you everything you need to know.
That's because people are taking screenshots with the built in tool that does poses as it's one of the few ways you can take screenshots at all (FRAPS etc don't work)

The gameplay is actually very good

Also, "action packed" and "RPG" lol. Get out of here stalker.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Beautiful visuals:
Notice how you post actual action packed RPG gameplay while all the CP77 screens are all either selfies or static environment bullshots without even a hint of gameplay? Tells you everything you need to know.
That's because people are taking screenshots with the built in tool that does poses as it's one of the few ways you can take screenshots at all (FRAPS etc don't work)

The gameplay is actually very good

Also, "action packed" and "RPG" lol. Get out of here stalker.
CP'77 and good gameplay? What the fuck are you on?

Gameplay is complete turd in that game. It has some nice quests, but come on.

HansDampf

Arcane
More Doom Eternal

0QgkFVI.jpg

U1ULFOX.jpg

3qWO65g.jpg

?

Gh8QPUO.jpg

Why build one door when you can have three?

5TfZUvU.jpg

cFA8llp.jpg

ArMvIez.jpg

HX2aSfv.jpg

JIZyyhe.jpg

tumblr_mhti0bb55b1rrftcdo1_250.gif

nSUOZeo.jpg

7aUbcWo.jpg

I've noticed that some screenshots look a bit blurry. Not sure why that is. I've disabled all suspicious graphics options like motion blur and dof. Must be the AA.

Yv3KL5t.jpg

giphy.gif

bQhEw6y.png

:neveraskedforthis:

2ruZIue.jpg

edgy.png
edgy.png
edgy.png

HptrsbB.jpg

I also took a stab at the Super Gore Nest Master Level on Nightmare.

56IWnac.jpg

aJKlhej.jpg

The "I've had enough of this fight"-weapon.

kqWAIZN.jpg

:shredder:
That should prepare me for The Ancient Gods.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
No, no bugs, and the gameplay is great. Here's my review which I posted in the game's thread:

This is honestly the best pirate RPG I've ever played. It has low Steam ratings because of a really botched release version, but as of late 2020 all bugs seem to have been squashed. Although I haven't finished the game yet, after hours of play I did not encounter a single issue with the game at all, not even a minor bug, so it seems all is fine by now.

The atmosphere of the game is superb. It feels quite grim and violent, which fits the pirate theme perfectly. It's more akin to Black Sails TV series than any other pirate game I ever played. Music is very pleasant, from calm ambient sounds and quiet theme to tavern sordid songs sung and played by NPCs, it all fits perfectly. Visuals are just as good, the game is fairly gloomy, nonetheless, there are not only dark jungles or dirty docks, but also beautiful beaches and wealthier town parts which look authentic and pleasant.

The main storyline might not be the most interesting one with its theme of vengeance, but it is properly delivered and side quests can be quite interesting. Moreover, the main character, who is a pirate, acts like one. A deranged man with no morals and you get to play the bad guy, which is rare even in pirate games - which usually while allowing you piracy, have storylines about saving someone or the world or you always act like the nice guy helping others and just receiving payment as a reward, or becoming a merchant. In Vendetta it's the complete opposite. I especially appreciate the complete lack of any political correctness and realistic portrayal of the times. Lots of swearing from pirates, as well as "dirty talk", no "poor and defensless native people" just trying to stay alive against evil colonizers like in Risens. Here they are portrayed in a more authentic way of the brutal world and in their interactions with outsiders. They are depicted as uncivilized and often as immoral as invaders, if not more. Women are clearly presented in the game more to be either wives or prostitutes, no women captains or governors. Piracy is more profitable than trade as well. While this all might sound a little harsh and degrading, it is a realistic depiction of the times and places.

Combat is outstanding. Both land fights and sea battles are enjoyable and challenging. A lot of people in Steam reviews complain about the combat - I suspect these people don't enjoy the challenge. When you fight in melee you need to time your attacks correctly and block properly. Mashing LMB will get you killed quickly. Fights require patience, not throwing yourself at the enemy. When fighting multiple enemies, they will not allow you to duel them in succession, but instead stab you in the back as soon as they can. To win unfair fights you're often going to need some dirty tricks, including kicking, using second weapon that is your hook, or using pistols - and you can carry up to three of them loaded simultaneously. There are skills improving your possibilities in combat, but more important are the player's skills.

Sea battles are also well made, but more similar to other pirate games. You press a button to give command to shoot from left, right or front, and have option to use three different kinds of ammunition. Boarding is also possible, although you don't take a part in it directly, but just give orders. There are different ships to use in the game and each of them can be upgraded so as to make it better in some ways, such as you can sacrifice some space for cargo to load more cannons on the ship. My only complaint is that you can only have one ship. There is no way to hire another captain and create a fleet, which is a shame because I'd really like to make a fleet and besiege a town, but I guess that was beyond developers' time or capabilities.

There are also multiple factions to join, but you don't need to join anyone and are able to remain a lone wolf throughout the game, however, you can get more quests if you join one of them, i.e. the French. In addition, you never have too much money in Raven's Cry, as often is the case in other RPGs. There are always multiple things to spend money on, and ships can be very expensive.

Recapitulating, this is a properly done Role-Playing as well as pirate game with fantastic land and sea combat, marvelous realism and authenticity of the world and decent enough story. All activities in this game give plenty of entertainment, whether it is combat, dialogues, exploration or piracy. There are no weak or poorly made parts of the game, which is extremely rare in pirate games. Bugs seem to have been fixed too. Overall, it's a really great game worth time and money. Unquestionably the best game from Reality Pump. If you enjoy RPGs, then I strongly recommend playing Vendetta as it's an engrossing and gratifying experience.
If i loved Risen 2 will i enjoy this one?

Konjad

Patron

If i loved Risen 2 will i enjoy this one?
Yes. It's better than Risens. Basically, it's Risens but with good combat.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
[
This is honestly the best pirate RPG I've ever played.
]

You hate gothic 2 - RETURNING, a magnificent mod which I an playing as a water mage since october and only now an on the last chapter, an epic mod which add the option to be a magician without being a sheep of innos(water mages/necromancers and even gurus), bring beloved templars back, adds tons of new quests, has fully voice acting including from some original russian voice actors, but love an awful game game like Raven's cry...

Even Risen 2 is better than this and Risen 2 is arguably the worst Piranha Bytes game.

May Adanos have mercy upon your soul!!!

--------------------------------------------------

Divinity II: Developer's Cut + Gothic 2(returning)/Gothic 3 as a magician of the most sacred element. Water, while fire consumes life and darkness corrupt life, Adanos teaches the magic that is life.

AsX7skw.jpg

TgEUNrG.jpg

GizDjIH.jpg

JMb9Ixf.png

W7MVdXV.png

eNkUBJY.png

MKtPfWR.png

A video showing water magic on G2 - returning

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom