Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex GOTY 2020 (Not the official Codex GOTY)

Which is the chosen one ?

• Katana Kami: A Way of the Samurai Story

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Grand Guilds

• Othercide

• The Wind Road

• Morbid: The Seven Acolytes

• Torchlight III

• Total voters

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
To be fair, as of the moment I'm writing this, "None of the Above" is winning.
Ahhh honestly i am annoyed at those cringe lords. Why keep on bitching on the codex when you don't even try to play games anymore? "Ohhhh RPGs are going downhill,they are shit.....by the way i haven't played any game in the last 15 year"
Hey! I've played 6 RPGs released this year (5 if you don't consider KOTC2 released), I even made a thread where people could talk about 2020 releases they played because you asked for it in the upcoming games thread, and you managed to put absolutely no game I played in the poll, of course I can't vote. How the fuck is Gate of Integrity not a classic RPG to you? It's a straight The Bard's Tale clone. Horizon's Gate is too by the way in my opinion, and Tenderfoot Tactics at least more than all the action RPGs and mission-based games you put in the poll.

For the record, I would have voted for KOTC2, then if not there Horizon's Gate, then if none of those there probably Gates of Integrity although' it's not as good as the two others. Wasteland 3 is the only classic RPG currently in the poll, isn't it, and I'm going to play it when I have a good enough PC.
:nocountryforshitposters:

Nigga i told a few times a few years in a row now,that i can't know every single obscure garage indi RPG out there. And that if you have an actually good recommendation,you should just tell me and i shall add it. As i did now,you could also change your vote at any time.

Yosharian

Arcane
This is turning in to pretty interesting battle for the first place between three games. Didn't expect that lol.
Well one is a big AAA release that a lot of people will pretend to hate and is apparently full of bugs, one is a serviceable if quite average game in the subgenre the people here love, and one is a genuinely great game that just so happens to be anime as hell. Some divide is to be expected.

I personally voted Yakuza, but will consider switching to Troubleshooter if my vote would bring it to first place.
Pretend to hate? Please CP2077 has plenty of terrible aspects to it, no need to pretend at all, there's going to be lots of people that hate this game for perfectly rational reasons.

V_K

Arcane
Syberia is an in-land colony that historically had nothing to do with slavs. It's kinda like saying that being from Australia makes you a proper Brit. Not that either is much of a virtue though.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Syberia is an in-land colony that historically had nothing to do with slavs. It's kinda like saying that being from Australia makes you a proper Brit. Not that either is much of a virtue though.
Syberia, medved, vodka and balalaika are symbols of Russia. No one ever said kangaroo and giant spiders are symbols of Britania.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Syberia is closer to slanty-eyed lands, though, may explain the affinity of our compatriot to degenerate weeb crap.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
It's official, TROUBLESHOOTER is the GOTY of the Codex! Turn-based and weeb as fuck. Cybertranny commies and Wasteland nazis (I know you're posting here Andrew Anglin) need to cope so hard after this. When do we give Dandylion the award? I want to see that Codex GOTY medal on their steam page. Don't give me that crap about how this isn't official just because someone on staff didn't stuff the ballots but this was done fair and square by fantadomat instead of the usual fucking way.

8jAH4cP.jpg

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
LoL Infinitron i am curious what did make this poll an "(Not the official Codex GOTY)" ??? This has to be the third or maybe the fourth year we do it that way,yet this is the first time i have seen it becoming unoffical lol. It is interesting how the one that lets only people with an account vote is deemed unoffical but the one that lets everyone on the net that come by it,vote......multiple times in a row....is the official one. Very kwanza infi,very kwanza.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Honestly I avoided it because it's supposedly a comedy game or something. I just want to kill shit, not listen to clever quips.
By avoiding Dungeon of Naheulbeuk, you missed out on a prestigious Codex reference:
7duqac.jpg

Although Naheulbeuk's humor generally wasn't my kind of thing, it wasn't cringe-inducing and was easy to look past in favor of the excellent tactical gameplay.

Also, I give my full credit to my earlier post for propelling Troubleshooter into the lead, despite it being a belated addition to the poll.

vpfbjMo.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom