Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio (Yakuza, Judgment, Binary Domain + more!) Discussion Thread

Good the yakuza 0 mini games are shit. They make me want to drop the game down and never Play It again.

first of all the game starts with a horrible exposition dump and singles out into every single trope imaginable.

Second of all it keeps on forcing those damn mini games down your throat although they're all shit and if I wanted to play DDR I would go play fucking DDR.

Third of all the combat is button smash hell and a lot of the enemies are just sponges.

For the fall it plays and the ui looks like final fantasy 7. But it's 2020.

I've played Yakuza 0 on PC and 1 on PS2 on release all those years ago.

Should I play the remakes in order? Meaning Kiwami 1,2, then remastered 3-4-5 then 6? Any stinkers?

Caim

Arcane

Should I play the remakes in order? Meaning Kiwami 1,2, then remastered 3-4-5 then 6? Any stinkers?
From what I've heard the drop from Kiwami 2 to 3 is... notable, since Yakuza 3 is from an earlier time and not as function complete as the earlier ones. You can see the growth happen if you play 3-5, but you'll be lacking on a number of mechanics you've gotten used to in the earlier games. So don't expect the remasters to be more of Kiwami.

Reinhardt

Arcane
No, it's shit, go play Codex GOTY - Cyberpunk 2077.
You're absolutely correct I finished cyberpunk the other day and it was a lot better than Yakuza 0, I am really struggling to find the energy to finish that one because of the horrible horrible mini games that are constantly shoved down my throat.
You finished only one origin, now go play others.

flyingjohn

Arcane
Good the yakuza 0 mini games are shit. They make me want to drop the game down and never Play It again.

first of all the game starts with a horrible exposition dump and singles out into every single trope imaginable.

Second of all it keeps on forcing those damn mini games down your throat although they're all shit and if I wanted to play DDR I would go play fucking DDR.

Third of all the combat is button smash hell and a lot of the enemies are just sponges.

For the fall it plays and the ui looks like final fantasy 7. But it's 2020.

HEY BROS CHESS IS A MINIGAME,HAHAHAH.

Act 0: Only one karaoke song and you can just do nothing for 2 minutes and be done with it.
Act 2/3: All mini games are optional.
Act 4: One time arcade mini game and a stealth section that isn't a mini game.
Act 5: Estate mini game. the only mandatory and annoying one in the game.
Act 6 : Optional Catfight mini game.
Act 7: Mandatory cabaret club mini game.
Act 8-11: No mandatory mini games.(the Colosseum is not a mini-game)
Act 12-17:No mandatory mini games.

So:
4 mandatory mini-games of which 2 are tutorials and can be passed in less then 5 minutes.And that is in a 10+ hours game for the main story.

Button mashing is useless since you are missing the entire point.Use heat and specific moves and enemies go down easily even on hard difficulty.It is like using attack command only in a jrpg and complaining that everything takes way too much time to die.
In fact,button mashing just means enemies block more easily so you prolong the fights needlessly.
The only hp sponge is the big moeny guy,but he is supposed to be tough anyway.
Just use weapons if you feel like enemies take way too much to kill,zap gun destroy everything.

As for the ui.
FF7 ui:
iu

Yakuza 0 ui:
qnsihwzcrvj11.jpg

YUP,LOOKS IDENTICAL.

If you are gonna bullshit,you need to find a better brand of shit then what you are buying currently.

Act 0: Only one karaoke song and you can just do nothing for 2 minutes and be done with it.

So:
4 mandatory mini-games of which 2 are tutorials and can be passed in less then 5 minutes.And that is in a 10+ hours game for the main story.

Button mashing is useless since you are missing the entire point.Use heat and specific moves and enemies go down easily even on hard difficulty.It is like using attack command only in a jrpg and complaining that everything takes way too much time to die.
In fact,button mashing just means enemies block more easily so you prolong the fights needlessly.
Just use weapons if you feel like enemies take way too much to kill,zap gun destroy everything.

As for the ui.
FF7 ui:
iu

Yakuza 0 ui:
qnsihwzcrvj11.jpg

YUP,LOOKS IDENTICAL.

If you are gonna bullshit,you need to find a better brand of shit then what you are buying currently.

I'm not reading this. Good luck with your autism tho.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

So:

As for the ui.
FF7 ui:
iu

Yakuza 0 ui:
qnsihwzcrvj11.jpg

YUP,LOOKS IDENTICAL.

I'm not reading this. Good luck with your autism tho.
knife-e1519784214980-1280x720.jpg

Fishy

Savant
What's the codex consensus on Like a Dragon? And is it worth getting the hero and legendary hero editions?

GOTY 2020.

Go buy the game + the job DLC pack. The other items are useless, respectively, not worth the money.

This. However, you should buy the legendary hero edition and its shitty misleading karaoke DLC because those beautiful bastards deserve it for their efforts to bring the whole series to PC.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

From what I've heard the drop from Kiwami 2 to 3 is... notable, since Yakuza 3 is from an earlier time and not as function complete as the earlier ones. You can see the growth happen if you play 3-5, but you'll be lacking on a number of mechanics you've gotten used to in the earlier games. So don't expect the remasters to be more of Kiwami.
But it should be reiterated, Yakuza 3 is by no means bad.

Caim

Arcane

But it should be reiterated, Yakuza 3 is by no means bad.
Nope, it's just in an earlier stage of evolution compared to the later ones.

Fishy

Savant
Is it in Kiwami 2 that they play on the third game's reception with with the movie producer who got destroyed by fans and media for his 3rd yakuza movie, with Kiryu helping him fix his shit (well, obviously).

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Not shocking, and I'm cool with this.

https://tojodojo.com/ichibans-voice...the-yakuza-series-for-the-foreseeable-future/

Ichiban’s Voice Actor Confirms the Character Will Lead The Yakuza Series For the Foreseeable Future
By adminDecember 19, 2020News
The Yakuza team have been clear for awhile that Yakuza 6 was the end of the Kiryu saga and still aren’t budging on it. Yakuza: Like a Dragon was seen by many as a passing of the torch from one Dragon to another. With the new game also coinciding with the 15th Anniversary celebrations not only have people been looking to the future of the series but also looking back at the origins past.

Kiryu and Kasuga’s voice actors were recently interviewed by Japanese publication Famitsu. While most of the interview focused of their experiences and memories of the series for the last 15 years they did also discuss the future:

Interviewer: As the Yakuza series continues, we think that certainly Mr. Nakaya, and no doubt Mr. Kuroda will both have places in its future. Can you give us a comment regarding the future of “Yakuza”?

Kuroda (Kiryu VA): When they switched main characters the gravity of “Yakuza” began to decrease for me.

However, I think that Kiriyu will continue to live a cool and sophisticated life even outside of the events of the games.

As I said earlier, I think your own humanity shows up in your performances so I, Takaya Kuroda, have to maintain a level of sophistication in my life so as not to embarrass Kiriyu if I were to be called upon going forward.

Interview: What about you Mr. Nakaya?

Nakaya (Kasuga VA): Thanks to Kuroda’s support I was able to play Ichiban Kasuga to the best of my ability.

That’s why I hope Kasuga and I can follow in Kiryu and Kuroda’s footsteps and continue to grow with every new title.

In the beginning Nagoshi said to me “Nakaya, you’re gonna help me make my living for the next 10 years” so I’d like to continue to develop with a little help from those around me. I’d also like to see Kiryu and Ichiban Kasuga standing side by side one day so I could hear Kiryu call me “brother” once again.

While we’ve known for awhile that the Yakuza team consider Ichiban Kasuga the new main character for the series it’s nice to see they have a long term plan for the character. The Yakuza series has had quite a few main characters turn up for one game and disappear without a mention so at least we know Ichi will not go to live on the same farm as Tanimura and Shinada.

Translation by: youhasamida61

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Not shocking, and I'm cool with this.

https://tojodojo.com/ichibans-voice...the-yakuza-series-for-the-foreseeable-future/

Ichiban’s Voice Actor Confirms the Character Will Lead The Yakuza Series For the Foreseeable Future
By adminDecember 19, 2020News
The Yakuza team have been clear for awhile that Yakuza 6 was the end of the Kiryu saga and still aren’t budging on it. Yakuza: Like a Dragon was seen by many as a passing of the torch from one Dragon to another. With the new game also coinciding with the 15th Anniversary celebrations not only have people been looking to the future of the series but also looking back at the origins past.

Kiryu and Kasuga’s voice actors were recently interviewed by Japanese publication Famitsu. While most of the interview focused of their experiences and memories of the series for the last 15 years they did also discuss the future:

Interviewer: As the Yakuza series continues, we think that certainly Mr. Nakaya, and no doubt Mr. Kuroda will both have places in its future. Can you give us a comment regarding the future of “Yakuza”?

Kuroda (Kiryu VA): When they switched main characters the gravity of “Yakuza” began to decrease for me.

However, I think that Kiriyu will continue to live a cool and sophisticated life even outside of the events of the games.

As I said earlier, I think your own humanity shows up in your performances so I, Takaya Kuroda, have to maintain a level of sophistication in my life so as not to embarrass Kiriyu if I were to be called upon going forward.

Interview: What about you Mr. Nakaya?

Nakaya (Kasuga VA): Thanks to Kuroda’s support I was able to play Ichiban Kasuga to the best of my ability.

That’s why I hope Kasuga and I can follow in Kiryu and Kuroda’s footsteps and continue to grow with every new title.

In the beginning Nagoshi said to me “Nakaya, you’re gonna help me make my living for the next 10 years” so I’d like to continue to develop with a little help from those around me. I’d also like to see Kiryu and Ichiban Kasuga standing side by side one day so I could hear Kiryu call me “brother” once again.

While we’ve known for awhile that the Yakuza team consider Ichiban Kasuga the new main character for the series it’s nice to see they have a long term plan for the character. The Yakuza series has had quite a few main characters turn up for one game and disappear without a mention so at least we know Ichi will not go to live on the same farm as Tanimura and Shinada.

Translation by: youhasamida61
I'm abundantly jake with Kiryu getting a vacation.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom