Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Call of Saregnar - a Betrayal at Krondor-inspired RPG

Arrowgrab

Arbiter
Can't tell it for sure from this angle, but it looks like it's built on hight ground, such as a hilltop. If so, that's a nice detail - that's exactly were castles were built when possible.

Narushima

Cipher
The bridge can't be lifted? What's the point of a moat if you're just giving the enemy easy access to your door?

Rhuantavan

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Codex 2012
The bridge can't be lifted? What's the point of a moat if you're just giving the enemy easy access to your door?
Not every castle is perfect, but this one has a steep climb angle, an easily collapsable wooden bridge and an iron gate can be lowered in front of the door. Plus all the machicolations help in smashing enemy heads. I'd give it a 6-7 out of 10.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Oh come on, it's a game, for fuck's sake.

Don't recall if this was ever mentioned, but are we getting monsters or humanoids in the game?

Drowed

Arcane
Rhuantavan needs to create a quest in a dungeon where you need to write (or choose) the name of the region to escape, and if you write/choose Sarengar, you fall into a terrible dungeon 10 floors down. Just saying.

PS: I would still choose Sarengar.
PSS: This needs to be somewhere with a wishlist so I can put it on top of mine. These are some delicious screenshots, hot damn.

Reinar

Scholar
Easy maybe, but you can focus your defense here, it's a choke point. The moat itself will make it hard to use ladders and such stuff. Even the slope alone, in case the wall is taken down, is a pain in the ass when you have to run up and someone is poking you with a spear from above.

garren

Arcane
Patron
Wow! Love the verticality, really atmospheric looking shots too.

Also, not sure if asked before, but are there (big) towns with 2D images like in BaK? I wouldn't mind, some of those town graphics with the music were sweet.

Rhuantavan

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Codex 2012
Also, not sure if asked before, but are there (big) towns with 2D images like in BaK? I wouldn't mind, some of those town graphics with the music were sweet.

I planned to have that for the castle proper, once you get inside the walls, but not sure if I'll do that for this instance. Indeed I will do it for the cities and other huge places in the game though. I'm not sure if I'll go with 2d art, more likely just a fixed-camera 3d view over a zone of each place.

Rhuantavan

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Codex 2012
Enjoying the holidays
working on
@CallOfSaregnar
. This is the new Yew Tree Inn in all its pixely-textured glory.

By the way Rhuantavan I just noticed the rain from the pics Abu Antar just posted.
Is an option to disable weather effects planned?

Pixealated, pixely, whatever. I've had a few drinks.:)

No, weather will play a major role in the game. It is pre-generated and once you start the game, you can't change it. I won't spoil too much.

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
It's nice to see it actually looks like fog and clouds. The bullshit fog that was always 15 meters in front of you to limit the view distance is one of those things about '90s games I have no nostalgia for.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom