Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Quillon

Arcane
LLwCdSp.png

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The stripper in the booth where you go with Evelyn now has pasties on the boobs.

I'm like 99% sure it didn't have them in v1.02

If they were added this would be hilarious because it's a "modesty patch" where they add an S&M thing in order to "hide" nudity, because apparently S&M clothing is less-"mature content" than lack of clothing :lol:
You mean that hologram stripper? She always had pasties (regardless of patch or censorship setting)... Unless my game bugged out back when I started it first or something.
Ok then. It's me going in the other extreme now and suspecting censorship everywhere.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
For giggles I just went through the Panam part of the questline in my head, and realized what horribly written interactive cutscene/railshooter it was, so ima share that with y'all.
No need to even put "Ghost Town" in spoilers, because nothing happens. :hahano:

Ride on the passenger seat for 15 mins.
Walk behind Panam for 5 mins so player can stare at her ASSet.
Press F to pick up crate.
Walk back (staring optional).
Press F to put crate in trunk.
Enter passenger seat again, ride 5 mins.
Press F to start power.
Press F to connect 1st cable.
Press F to connect 2nd cable.
Press F to wait.
Wait for Panam to tell you, then... press F.
Shoot 5 guys. Finally some action.
Press F to enter car, 5 mins ride.
Shoot 6 guys.
Press F to enter car. 5 mins ride.
Press F to exit car, watch Panam talking.
Follow dat ass again.
Press F to drink beer.
Press F to sleep.
There was of course a lot of linear talking to fill time, but that's pretty much it. Not making this up.

Her next mission is basically the same gameplay, plus Star Trek: Discovery makes-no-sense writing quality on top.
Come to think of it, Panam IS an angry irritating version of Micheal Burn'em the writer had a far to big hard on for. It's "The badass Panam Show" and the player just tags along to carry boxes. :hahano:

Yeah, but the first time round it's deeply immersive. For stretches of time you forget you're a fat nerd sitting in your Herman Miller doing this weird thing called "playing a videogame," and you feel you're out there in the desert riding in a truck with a sassy chick doing cool things. At least I did, YMMV. However, the real problem is it has little replayability. In fact it's just annoying the second and third time around (except if you're noticing more detail, but then that's pulling you out of character a bit). Thank Christ they had the nous to let you C through dialogues.

It would have more replayability if the C&C re. dialogue choices were more thoroughgoing and responsive to your actions in the world, but as the game stands that only happens now and then (cf. my post earlier about the Woodman dialogue in Clouds, or the earlier showcase C&C in the All Foods/Malestrom quest).

I really think VO is a double-edged sword. If it's well done it's hugely immersive. But it's so expensive that it means the devs have to keep a tight rein on the C&C, and that's bad for the gameplay - and ultimately bad for immersion too, and replayability in the long run, if it means everything has to be on rails too much.

I wonder if one day in the not too distant future devs wil be able to generate as much VO as they need to with actors, using advanced text to speech (like instead of getting the actor in to say lines, they get them in to do a tailored "voice font"). Some of the latest text to speech voices I've heard recently have been been getting stunningly hyper-realistic and only go uncanny for fleeting moments. That would be good enough for a game, I think.

orcinator

Liturgist
For giggles I just went through the Panam part of the questline in my head, and realized what horribly written interactive cutscene/railshooter it was, so ima share that with y'all.
No need to even put "Ghost Town" in spoilers, because nothing happens. :hahano:

Ride on the passenger seat for 15 mins.
Walk behind Panam for 5 mins so player can stare at her ASSet.
Press F to pick up crate.
Walk back (staring optional).
Press F to put crate in trunk.
Enter passenger seat again, ride 5 mins.
Press F to start power.
Press F to connect 1st cable.
Press F to connect 2nd cable.
Press F to wait.
Wait for Panam to tell you, then... press F.
Shoot 5 guys. Finally some action.
Press F to enter car, 5 mins ride.
Shoot 6 guys.
Press F to enter car. 5 mins ride.
Press F to exit car, watch Panam talking.
Follow dat ass again.
Press F to drink beer.
Press F to sleep.
There was of course a lot of linear talking to fill time, but that's pretty much it. Not making this up.

Her next mission is basically the same gameplay, plus Star Trek: Discovery makes-no-sense writing quality on top.
Come to think of it, Panam IS an angry irritating version of Micheal Burn'em the writer had a far to big hard on for. It's "The badass Panam Show" and the player just tags along to carry boxes. :hahano:
The game's biggest crime, aside from the braindead gameplay was giving you more than 1 choice when you went to pay respects to Jackie.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
Now, why would serializing save games have anything to do with fixed-size arrays?
Because the inventory is stored as a fixed-size array in the outputted save file I'm assuming hence the bug specifically the apartment storage. Players were exceeding the 8MB stack limit.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Alt Cunningham was also pretty much nude from the waist down and didn't keep anything hidden during Johnny's "Never Fade Away" story flashback. Don't know if they patched that or not.
Was still that way in 1.04. And hillariously so. She keeps her bra on all the time and the animations make sure there is always a hand or something in front of her pussy. But then she suddently spreads her legs and gives you full view. Wat.
In my case the area around had a square shaped frame, as if they put the wrong (hairless) pussy model on it. Or there was supposed to be pixalation? I have no idea, but who knows with this buggy game... :hahano:

Last edited:

Robber Baron

Savant
Because the inventory is stored as a fixed-size array in the outputted save file I'm assuming hence the bug specifically the apartment storage. Players were exceeding the 8MB stack limit.

So the game has a dynamic array for the inventory but writes the data into the save file with a static max value or what? How does it even work?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
This loot system reminds me of The Outer Worlds.
You have the same weapons, ranged and melee, and they go through various, increasing tiers. TOW also had this problem but instead of Common, Uncommon, Rare, Epic, Legendary ranks, it had Mk.1, Mk.2, Mk.3 etc.

Yeah, but here the scaling is two-fold: the level scaling AND Rarity rating. Real weird shit (well, maybe not so weird in Diablo-clones). Also decline.

Still, I maintain that I prefer mass produced guns to have multiple of each, with varying stats, then having hundreds of useless legendary swords, ala Witcher 2 & 3.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
So the game has dynamic array
Well do we know that it does? because dynamic arrays normally don't end up with stack segmentation violations if they're implemented properly.
I mean I'm going entirely on hypothetical. But either way what ever they used to implement the inventory isn't working well because of that constant flickering that occurs when you move items around. So I mean I wouldn't put it past them that they rushed it and accidentally implemented a fixed array somewhere that they shouldn't have. It's possible that the players own inventory is dynamic but the apartment storage is fixed array. I mean either way its a problem but its fun to think about what the hell actually went wrong here.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Serves players right for spending hours crafting/disassembling items instead of playing the game the way CDPR wants you to.
No fun allowed! :obviously:

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Is there any reason why food texture is so horrible in every damm game? Jesus christ, food looks like a cardboard.
I guess it really depends what kind of cuisine devs are familiar enough with. For example, potatoes are rather well rendered in this game.

I think even the setting in general would have benefited if the devs stuck to what they know, here is a possible plot outline:

You are W, an up and coming merc who raised up from the dirty streets of Neo-Intermarium, a free confederation consisting of the states that seceded from the EU after the Dissolution War of 2038 and the remnant of the western Ukraine that survived the annexation attempt by the New Russian Empire.

After many adventures that culminated in a daring infiltration of the European Commission HQ in Berlaymont Fortress, which saw you having your Ripper doc temporarily change your skin colour to black (no white people are allowed to EU anymore), traveling to Libya, making a deal with the local slavers and getting aboard of one of the official EU Diversity Boats before making your way through the brutal ghettos once known as Rome and Paris to the very heart of Brussels D.C. itself, you now know the true.

Neo-Intermarium is in fact ruled by an engram of Lech Kaczynski who the current president believes to be an incarnation of Virgin Mary herself. Now it is time to make a decision: will you go along with the plan presented by Jana, an evil corporate bitch operating from Prague, that wants you to hack Kaczynski´s engram to make it order legalisation of abortions? Will you instead side with Małgorzata, a beautiful traditionalist leader of a nomad clan out of Białystok, who promised to support you after you helped her save her clan from the rampaging Rad-Gopniks from the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone? All she wants is to preserve Neo-Intermarium´s independence and adherence to the True Catholic Church that formed in the Eastern Europe after the local clergy declared pope Francis a heretic in 2022. Or will you agree to work with the Tzar Vladimir III to unify the Slavs once and for all before launching and all out war on the despicable EU?

Of course there is the matter of your own personal problem too – Voloda the Silvertooth, the legendary Hardbass DJ who disappeared decades ago now lives inside of your head, his engram was carried into your brain by nanites hidden in a bottle of Kvass you were supposed to steal at the start of your adventure but ended up drinking it yourself.

Whatever you do, the world will never be the same.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
This is a weird game. It has a bunch of issues here and there, but it's oddly satisfying to play. Mixing up between doing sidequests, then roaming the city at night completing the blue stuff, then going for the main campaign a little bit...

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
You can the problem is that its in poor taste when something bad happens and your immediate thought is "how to I make money from this" which is exactly what Gibson did and he even admits it when talking about why the story changed.

You can but he did it wrong? There is not way to did it rigth, or it is always rigth.

Silverhand is a irredeemable narcissist, the only reason he becomes less so is because of the commingling of his brain with the less-of-an-asshole V. And even with that he only shifts his value from HARDCORE EDGY ROCKERBOY to selfless martyr hero
If he takes over V's body the chip'll probably continue the overwrite and return him to his asshole ways, the way he was when he was engramed.

Nah, it's just a typical character development arc.

- The
Mikoshi
ending is actually the most hopeful ending (I also haven't played this ending yet tho so).

How so? The "best" ending is clearly Panam/Nomads, with V back in his body going through Arizona for a cure, with everyone pretty much taking it for granted. In the end credits Misty also pulls out a "Sun" tarot for V, basically confirming the "happily ever after" etc ending for him.

Whereas for Arasaka all you manage is to bring back Saburo, who is basically an equivalent of Soros, and helping Arasaka complete Secure Your Soul project, who then bar it behind an astronomical price tag, basically ensuring that the corrupt elites live forever. This ending is literally named "Devil" lmao.

- I literally don't understand what Rogue saw in Johnny, I do not get it. Maybe he had a silver schlong too.

He's an apex alpha male and an ultimate irreparable, literal Rocker badboy obviously. Even the game mentions it explicitly in his retrospections. The fact he doesn't "respect womyn" is enough in the grim future lmao.

From what I've seen from an English VO, Keanu's voice doesn't communicate it well at all, or at least as good as Michal Zebrowski does in the Best language.

- If they canonize
it's probably gonna be V volunarily giving the body to Johnny which SUCKS ASS (and not in a good way)

Looking at the Witchers, they didn't canonize anything that was up to player's choices, so if we get Cyberpunk 2087 or whatever they'll likely just work around it, or skip Keanu's cost entirely.

Xeon

Augur
Gibson played the game or is he just shitting on the game just because. I remember him shitting on the game even during the first gameplay showcase iirc as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom