Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
Players were exceeding the 8MB stack limit.

So the game crashed during saving due to a stack overflow? You can verify this by changing stack size limits with editbin to avoid making spurious claims.

I'll hand you this that I'm completely wrong because I just checked the official forums and its stated the corruption occurs under the 8MB limit. Changing the stack did nothing on my end based on what you suggested so I'll give you a point there I'm sorry I didn't check first before I made that point. I was going on a hunch and I'm tired from working on my game all day and I come here to wind down but anyway I noticed other people on the official forums were wrong about their hunches as well. It'd be nice to know what the problem was and how they fixed it but we all know CDPR will probably never tell us. The PS4 version tops out at 12MBs so you're right and I'm wrong.

Fully agree with Mr. Gibson on this one.
I do too actually lol. Its rare that I agree with him, but yeah Cyberpunk is an average game and wasted potential.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
At least it's not an alloca caller getting inlined. I hate when it happens.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
How so? The "best" ending is clearly Panam/Nomads, with V back in his body going through Arizona for a cure, with everyone pretty much taking it for granted. In the end credits Misty also pulls out a "Sun" tarot for V, basically confirming the "happily ever after" etc ending for him.

Whereas for Arasaka all you manage is to bring back Saburo, who is basically an equivalent of Soros, and helping Arasaka complete Secure Your Soul project, who then bar it behind an astronomical price tag, basically ensuring that the corrupt elites live forever. This ending is literally named "Devil" lmao.
Doesn't that feel like a huge cop out tho?

Oh btw you get to live happily ever after because of some strange mystery in arizona even tho the best scientists on earth can't make a dent in the problem?

It just doesn't feel right and purely as feelgood fanservice

DeepOcean

Arcane
This is a weird game. It has a bunch of issues here and there, but it's oddly satisfying to play. Mixing up between doing sidequests, then roaming the city at night completing the blue stuff, then going for the main campaign a little bit...
Best way to play is to just forget the map, select a spot on the map and just go exploring, going from point of interest into point of interest is a fast way to get bored, besides, there are legendary crafting specs spread through the whole map on hidden locations.

Perkel

Arcane

Oh btw you get to live happily ever after because of some strange mystery in arizona even tho the best scientists on earth can't make a dent in the problem?

pretty sure they just "hope so", so no 6 months left with some drugs maybe tiny bit more.

And it is not "feels good" fanservice but legit choice imho. I did it not because of panam pussy but because this choice represents position where living life is more important than trying not die to fast. Or dying with honor not like rat in cornet forgotten.

Also it felt great as Nomad. You lost your family, went to Night City to find yourself a new, never found it and it the end at the end of your life you actually found second family away from NC. Poetic. Especially with lines at the end overlooking the city.

The whole 77 is basically debate on existentialism without taking easy way out (religion) which is one of the strong points about it.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Is there any reason why food texture is so horrible in every damm game? Jesus christ, food looks like a cardboard.

This one is proibably intentiohnal lol. You know, to reinforce that lying greeny narrative about shortage of food, bread from worms and maggots and such.

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

pretty sure they just "hope so", so no 6 months left with some drugs maybe tiny bit more.

And it is not "feels good" fanservice but legit choice imho. I did it not because of panam pussy but because this choice represents position where living life is more important than trying not die to fast. Or dying with honor not like rat in cornet forgotten.

Also it felt great as Nomad. You lost your family, went to Night City to find yourself a new, never did that and it the end at the end of your life you actually found second family. Poetic.

The whole 77 is basically debate on existentialism without taking easy way out (religion) which is one of the strong points about it.

My ending thoughts:
The Panam/Nomads ending felt quite open ended to me. Personally I felt it was more about V accepting his/her fate and living the best they could with their remaining time. V sounded quite uncertain I thought when Panam was talking about finding a cure, as if they were just humouring her.

I guess it's up to the player whether they want to believe V managed to find a cure, or lived the 6 months they had left in relative happiness with their romantic partner (or not).

Arguably the cyberspace ending is a more clear cut "happy" ending, because at least V's consciousness (or at least an approximation) would survive with Alt and a more matured Johnny gets to live as well.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess

Also it felt great as Nomad. You lost your family, went to Night City to find yourself a new, never found it and it the end at the end of your life you actually found second family away from NC. Poetic. Especially with lines at the end overlooking the city.

I don't mean the choice in general. I actually think the choice and the aesthetic of riding off into the sunset with your new family knowing you will die is actually really good.

It's adding the "oh btw we can solve this dying problem" is what feels like a cop-out

Renevent

Cipher
Okay just finished the game...took about 45 hours. Few thoughts:

1) Game, at least for me, was nowhere near as broken I keep hearing about. It ran smooth, looked amazing, and had no crashes. I had the game pretty much maxed out with raytracing on a 2080 with a 4 generation old i7 so imo that's pretty good. That said there are plenty of hilariously ridiculous glitches. Mostly around cars glitching out, guns disappearing from hands, and stuff like that. Didn't happen all the time but def was a constant throughout the entire playthrough.

2) The city, graphics, and overall atmosphere is a technical and artistic triumph. One of the coolest places I've visited in a video game and overall fun to explore.

3) They fucked up the item system...way too much shit. They should of focused on the player buying weapons/armor/cyber/etc and instead of picking up 1000's of items and selling/dismantling and had the player focus more on selling all that shit for eddies, and the player having to find different stores (maybe driven by clan association) where they would buy and upgrade shit at. The entire game is just finding shit on the ground and dismantling and equip-ing the hodge-podge of shit you find.

4) Combat and gunplay were fine, overall I enjoyed shooting things although it was all too easy imo. I barely died and the only real threat is explosions/mines which basically 1-hit the player. That said the guns were very cool and there's a impressive amount of them.

5) Skill system was just okay. There's some decent keystones that help define your build but overall I think it was weak. I never really specialized (crafting, handguns, shotguns, rifles, body) and even though I never took any of those to their limit I could kill just fine with any weapon even with difficult enemies towards the end of the game.

6) I mostly enjoyed the story, and they did a good job of getting the player to care about a few of them. Jackie is a bro and I ended up with Panam, which from what I've seen of the other love interests, is the clear choice. There's some annoyances, like the constant fucking onslaught of phone calls and some missteps as well.
For instance they did introduce Adam Smasher and it's cool you get to fight him at the end, but never really felt like he was part of the story so the eventual meeting was slightly ant-climatic. Also they took the whole "V's sick thing too far. Waaaaay too much of him crawling around coughing...get's grating eventually.

7) I eventually gave up bothering hacking stuff, the mini game get's extremely boring and the rewards are crap. They should have reduced the places to hack by orders of magnitude, made the hacking more involved (something similar to shadowrun on genesis), and the rewards far more interesting.

8) Side missions were okay...decent mix of different stuff to do. Some of the longer ones have flat out retarded rewards though.

7/10...although I think it could be a lot better with some updates.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
I don't mean the choice in general. I actually think the choice and the aesthetic of riding off into the sunset with your new family knowing you will die is actually really good.

It's adding the "oh btw we can solve this dying problem" is what feels like a cop-out

But it is not ? I mean they just want to do what they can, they know at that point especially V. Every few days or months means something in this scenario.

Renevent

Cipher

But it is not ? I mean they just want to do what they can, they know at that point especially V. Every few days or months means something in this scenario.

I was suprised by this as well...does it happen for everyone or is there any choice that could change it? For instance did everyone pay back our debt to that ripper doc?

Perkel

Arcane
The Panam/Nomads ending felt quite open ended to me. Personally I felt it was more about V accepting his/her fate and living the best they could with their remaining time. V sounded quite uncertain I thought when Panam was talking about finding a cure, as if they were just humouring her.

I guess it's up to the player whether they want to believe V managed to find a cure, or lived the 6 months they had left in relative happiness with their romantic partner (or not).

Arguably the cyberspace ending is a more clear cut "happy" ending, because at least V's consciousness (or at least an approximation) would survive with Alt and a more matured Johnny gets to live as well.

If you talk with Alt you know that isn't going to happen, Alts objectives are clear and free AI won't leave you intact. Best example of it is Alt which loved Johny but it is basically shell of herself kind of like legion in mythology.

But i guess this goes to existentialism debate. For some changing into something else is worse than death.

typical user

Arbiter

I think this is a cliff-hanger. You mean to tell me, V is terminally ill in age where radiation is a small inconvenience if you have the funds? Where you can insert different cybernetics to modify your immune-system? It also felt cheap hearing that yeah your problem is (sort of) fixed but no it is not. Planascape Torment does bring a better ending as TNO has similiar problem. Not the same but similiar. I expect CDPR will give us something in a DLC. Or Mike Pondsmith will with a new book.

But yeah it is poetic. Start as a Corp, deal with Corp - you end up with nothing or even worse without your soul. Start as Streetkid - make a legend of yourself. Start as a Nomad without family - end with a family. The story I feel wanted to tell us that it doesn't matter what you want, the journey matters. But again the cliff-hanger doesn't give a closure to this message. Also there is no debate around AI and if it is true or doing well at pretending to be.

Lastly I wish there was a way to reform Arasaka and other megacorps. But without nuking the entire city or doing something as extreme.

Perkel

Arcane
I think this is a cliff-hanger. You mean to tell me, V is terminally ill in age where radiation is a small inconvenience if you have the funds? Where you can insert different cybernetics to enhance your immune-system? It also felt cheap hearing that yeah your identity is (sort of) fixed but no it is not. Planascape Torment does bring a better ending as TNO has similiar problem. Not the same but similiar. I expect CDPR will give us something in a DLC. Or Mike Pondsmith will with a new book.

Alt explained it, basically you in engram form can't be planted because body was changed to Johny Engram so when you do it Body will start to reject engram. The only way i guess would be to second prototype chip with your engram on it planted again into your body but considering Arasaka that is not going to happen.

So you are dying because your body has been "molded" for johny and your souls is rejected. That is why Johny can actually inhabit your body without issue while you can't. Fucking hell this game goes deep.

And this goes deeper when you do Johny sidequest with dogtags and if you promised to take a bullet. So the "Sorry Johny" felt like shit to say, because you trade few months of live for life of a friend.

typical user

Arbiter
I think this is a cliff-hanger. You mean to tell me, V is terminally ill in age where radiation is a small inconvenience if you have the funds? Where you can insert different cybernetics to enhance your immune-system? It also felt cheap hearing that yeah your identity is (sort of) fixed but no it is not. Planascape Torment does bring a better ending as TNO has similiar problem. Not the same but similiar. I expect CDPR will give us something in a DLC. Or Mike Pondsmith will with a new book.

Alt explained it, basically you in engram form can't be planted because body has been changed to adjust to Johny Engram so when you do it Body will start to reject engram. The only way i guess would be to second prototype chip with your engram on it planted again into your body but considering Arasaka that is not going to happen.

So you are dying because your body has been "molded" for johny and your souls is rejected. Fucking hell this game goes deep.

But it feels cheap. You get shot, you have psyche problem, your identity is dying but let's add coughing and make an excuse to continue V's story by saying the Relic nanites did some black-magic fuckery to your every cell in the body.

Also I wanted to edit my previous post. RDR2 also handles it's story better because Arthur comes to terms with life. V does not. Which again makes me feel CDPR/Pondsmith won't give up on V just yet. Hell even Jackie has an engram in Mikoshi and in one ending Saburo gets resurrected. Only pawns not relevant to the story are removed (Smasher, Johnny, Jackie, Judy, etc.). Also we don't know what happened to Morgan Blackhand after 2023 as far as I know.

Hellion

Arcane
They could easily find a deus ex machina type of solution for the whole predicament as part of the game's final expansion or something. There are ways to make it look plausible.

Perkel

Arcane
nice small thing found by people.

If you are nomad and talk Jackie about his new bike, V will say some stuff and about upgrades. When you finish prologue you get that bike with those mods and it is faster than normal one.

They could easily find a deus ex machina type of solution for the whole predicament as part of the game's final expansion or something. There are ways to make it look plausible.

I am pretty sure all DLC will be for game before endings.

[
Hell even Jackie has an engram in Mikoshi and in one ending Saburo gets resurrected. Only pawns not relevant to the story are removed (Smasher, Johnny, Jackie, Judy, etc.). Also we don't know what happened to Morgan Blackhand after 2023 as far as I know.

Fuck you had to remind me this. That part was fucking haunting, they didn't even allow him to go to sleep, standing there to repeat same lines to forever.

Last edited:

Quillon

Arcane

Alt explained it, basically you in engram form can't be planted because body was changed to Johny Engram so when you do it Body will start to reject engram. The only way i guess would be to second prototype chip with your engram on it planted again into your body but considering Arasaka that is not going to happen.

So you are dying because your body has been "molded" for johny and your souls is rejected. That is why Johny can actually inhabit your body without issue while you can't. Fucking hell this game goes deep.

And this goes deeper when you do Johny sidequest with dogtags and if you promised to take a bullet. So the "Sorry Johny" felt like shit to say, because you trade few months of live for life of a friend.

And that is BS; how is Johnny's engram has easier time with V's body than V's own engram would have? And V's engram is up to date/brand new, not the old V without Johnny interference but after, it should fit like a glove logically.

Like I said before, they want Silverhand back for good so either now or 6 months later Silverhand is taking over, canonically.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom