Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Iron Balls McGinty

There's a known issue with item ID serialization in the save game. So don't be a fucking hoarder and store more in than you can count
icon_e_smile.gif
It's not a size issue, as someone reported saves over 8 MB get corrupted. It's a "how many items you hoarded" issue. And that comes mostly from "abusing" (see the "") the console and addToInventory or whatever command. So lay off the "lemme give you a complete save game with all items, weapons etc. in the game" drive. Don't say I didn't warn you...
Guy who runs the (imo) best trainer forum -> https://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?p=171333#p171333
Just yet another thing people are screeching about for no good reason. I added a whole bunch of items using the console and still not even breaking 4mb.
I never used the console or a cheat, and my game is at 5.2 MB and growing with each and every save.

Just bought my first car, a MAIMAI P126, love those little fuckers.

Mostly just drive my bike, but need a portable storage.
Bikes also have access to the portable storage.

My bike doesn't.
You have to approach it straight from the back.

Holy shit you are right, I have to jump on the back wheel and look straight down, but there it is, thanks mate.

Takamori

Learned
Its fucking weird that nothing at all changed about the city between 2020 and 2077 considering the change between like 1950 and 2000 in real life.

Also i know that probably in 2077 theres a ton of beauty surgery but people like Rogue and your band members being like 88 is completely weird.

So how long do people even live in Cyberpunk setting? 150 years?
if you got the eddies you can be basically almost immortal

overly excitable young man

Its fucking weird that nothing at all changed about the city between 2020 and 2077 considering the change between like 1950 and 2000 in real life.

Also i know that probably in 2077 theres a ton of beauty surgery but people like Rogue and your band members being like 88 is completely weird.

Why did they talk about that relic thing then as if it was a new thing to make people immortal?

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
Oh, I was mostly commenting on how V's apartment looks like a street kid decorated it. Doesn't really have a nomad or corpo flair.

O for sure, sorry, I meant that it's kind of generic from being around Jackie for a while, other than the boxing gloves and stuffed toy it's all stuff you can see in Misty's shop. Even the couple of posters aren't really specific to any of the lifestyles. Not sure if that ever changes? I've not even managed to get the legendary weapons to display in the store room though.

Takamori

Learned

Why did they talk about that relic thing then as if it was a new thing to make people immortal?

basically the relic allow you to keep copying yourself into dead bodies, just like a sleeve in Altered Carbon. So if you get killed by natural or unnatural causes they just slip the relic in a body boot up your new conscience until where you back up. Now if that count as being conscious living and your spirit now we fall into life and death discussions.

Vatnik Wumao

As far as I know, very rich people can live 200ish years. A far cry from immortality.

Turjan

Arcane
I've not even managed to get the legendary weapons to display in the store room though.
You just have to put them into the stash. Which, of course, poses a problem if you want to actually use them.

Last edited:
Vatnik Wumao
I've not even managed to get the legendary weapons to display in the store room though.
You just have to put them into a stash. Which, of course, poses a problem if you want to actually use them.
Not all iconic weapons get displayed. From the ones you can get early on that get displayed on the wall, I know of...
Saburo's katana and Dexter's pistol.

Turjan

Arcane

As far as I know, very rich people can live 200ish years. A far cry from immortality.
You just need to find a new V every few years.

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station

Sounds about right. Arasaka looks like the oldest bloke on the planet.
Hellerman is important because it's his work which gives Arasaka a way to be physically immortal - the engrams are kept in cyberspace, or imprisoned according to Johnny.

Turjan

Arcane
You just have to put them into a stash. Which, of course, poses a problem if you want to actually use them.
Not all iconic weapons get displayed. From the ones you can get early on that get displayed on the wall, I know of...
Saburo's katana and Dexter's pistol.
Sure. I'm displaying others than those, but yeah, I have no idea where you are supposed to find all the stuff that goes into those slots.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
the game seems cut to pieces like 6month-1 year ago, from all the things that was announced and shown, but cut.

they frontloaded everything in the first hour of so of gameplay.

The maelstrom mission with different outcomes, u never see that type of mission ever again.

The MaxTAC and trauma team are cool, but literally unused and u never see them in action again in any shape or form that matters... wtf

its funny because outer worlds was a medicore game, but still heaps ahead of CP 2077 in terms of replayability and C&C, but the rest was bad. CP 2077 has alot more going for it, but doesnt have the C&C and replayability that outer worlds had.

u just can't win, can you?

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Fuck that Oda guy!! "shimEEE... shimmmEEY.... SHIMEEEEYY!!"

His fight really emphasizes how sluggish and and awkward movement is, avoiding his melee attacks with dodge is excruciating, feels like V is stuck in quicksand the whole fight. Oda finally bugged out at around 20% health and got stuck in mid air so I could just nail him in his stupid face with my gigantic sniper rifle. I guess I got lucky that he bugged out next to a platform so I could actually reach him to interact and continue mission.

At this stage of the game, Act 3, drives home how schizophrenic the design is. The "you are about to die, main quest is urgent, URGENT" is laid on really thick, I feel like doing anything other than finishing the game completely destroys any verisimilitude with the character and the story. But I could spend another 40 hours bumbling around Night City doing peoples laundry and rescuing stray cats...

This shit has gotta stop, if you wanna make 100+ hour open world game STOP making 'world is ending, or I am dying' main quests, do something that actually fits with narrative flow of open world design.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
the game seems cut to pieces like 6month-1 year ago, from all the things that was announced and shown, but cut.

they frontloaded everything in the first hour of so of gameplay.

The maelstrom mission with different outcomes, u never see that type of mission ever again.

The MaxTAC and trauma team are cool, but literally unused and u never see them in action again in any shape or form that matters... wtf

its funny because outer worlds was a medicore game, but still heaps ahead of CP 2077 in terms of replayability and C&C, but the rest was bad. CP 2077 has alot more going for it, but doesnt have the C&C and replayability that outer worlds had.

u just can't win, can you?

CP2077 is what happens when you have a studio that let success and money get to their heads, overpromise on their next game, market and exploit their goodwill with fans, only to find out that you have to pay the piper eventually and you can't just keep delaying your game.

Meanwhile somewhere Chris Roberts is laughing his ass off.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Well, finally finished it. I've spent almost 90 hours on it now, did all side missions and gigs.

A big thing I would advise new and slower players: ignore all the blue police contract shit, 95% of it is a simple enemy hunt with one or two flavor text messages. In contrast a good number of yellow fixer gigs and side jobs have a good amount of story and take place in unique locations. Not ALL of them, but a lot of them.

I'm sure you can hit the level cap ignoring police "quests," but for the eventual rebalancing mod I would recommend adjusting XP values to make up for their loss and then removing their icons from the map and quest structure from the game. Just leave them in as random enemy encounters.

I strongly disagree, you get a good sense of life in NC, particularly gang life, from all that flavour text - there are some quite sad little stories there.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
3) They fucked up the item system...way too much shit. They should of focused on the player buying weapons/armor/cyber/etc and instead of picking up 1000's of items and selling/dismantling and had the player focus more on selling all that shit for eddies, and the player having to find different stores (maybe driven by clan association) where they would buy and upgrade shit at. The entire game is just finding shit on the ground and dismantling and equip-ing the hodge-podge of shit you find.

I would use STALKER system, all guns are found at a base level, so you can find all the guns in the world, enemies drop them etc. But then you do all the modding/upgrading as you level up to keep the specific weapons you like at the correct 'power' level.

Funnily enough Ass Bleed Valhalla kind of does this, there is a tiny pool of weapons you find as hand placed treasure in the game world and then upgrade as you play. Seems even the pants-on-head AAA devs are getting tired of the loot spam model...

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Tbh games like Fallout 3/NV, Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness, Skyrim, Ass Creed Unity were all much buggier than CP on release and the backlash was not so hard.

Everyone expected this to be the best game of the decade, it was bound to disappoint and piss people off whether it was buggy or not, shit on console or not.

On the face of it, but I wouldn't appreciate Johnny's writing as much as I do if I thought it was just that.

Johnny is an engram, the digitized copy of his brain at the time of being Soulkilled. Him getting slotted into V results in two material minds overlapping, Johhny's assholeness is tempered because V is less of an asshole and the 'redemption' arc is reducible to two minds contesting over the same grey matter wrt is and is not acceptable.

(...)

Ofc, this is all spitballing. Everything's at the whim of the writers regardless of the logic of the parameters they've laid out.

To be honest, I don't think even Pondsmith/the writers try to understand what they're dealing with here, in terms of consciousness/mind/soul and how exactly is this supposed to work. No exposition or in-game logic is given. Especially the latter basically has no mention or pondering, other than Alt saying "-it kills a soul and nothing will ever be the same:, "-no it won't", "-yes lmao". ?!??

I'll concede that it's the happiest ending if 'happily ever after' is six months, more or less. I know the nomads suggest they're gonna find a cure but how exactly?.

Don't ask me :lol: it's what it said on the tin.

Which makes sense for Alt since she seemed kinda like damaged goods

She is a strong wymyn who not only 10/10 in CP2020 but is also a genius and the best netrunner evar. She doesn't afraid of anything. Being smokin' hot and smarter than Feynman, she wrote a program that maybe kills souls, but she didn't name it "Soulkiller", but it's fortunate they named it that because that's what it does according to one line of text. Even Metal Gear Solid games make more sense I think.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Wish I could break Goro vision of Arasaka and turn him into a rebel too. But sadly no option for that, you have a conversation where you start shaking his worldview but you never return to that
When is this conversation? When you scout the Arasaka compound?
Yep
he talks about his childhood in Japan, how he was raised in basically an open sewer. Start talking about his career, but you have the option to say that the world still in deep shit due to the corps, you notice he relunctanly say that you can't fix everything in one day
That's one of the worst things of the game, it think it can do cyberpunk and be apathic about everything because "it's not a political game".

It's not just that I wish that I could make everyone into anarchists or communists and burn down Night City, you can't embrace the system and turn into a corpo either. There should be an ending about joining Arasaka. FFS, it's cyberpunk, you could put Johnny into the Arasaka dude's body and let him destroy the system from inside, or become Arasaka and rule forever.

But nope, the cyberPUNK game says that you shouldn't have ANY ideology or dreams, just go lay low in the country side or whatever. That's why both Johnny endings are ridiculous, in both he goes "why was I a rebel? Oh, it's because I'm a huge fucking poser, I should just have enjoyed life". It's the most cowardly writing/directing ever, a rebel written by people who hate rebels.

Yoomazir

Educated
Keanu Reeves wood acting is super obvious in the beginning of the game but I gotta say, he seems to "warm" up in the later parts.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom