Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
tbh if this game had actual good combat ai then it might have been really good

clearing those outposts just gets really easy after a while

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Lmao, isn't this the same issue that Skyrim had at launch? It was called memory leak or something. The more you played the game the bigger the save file became, increasing the possibility of getting the file corrupted. I think it's the same shit.
One more thing about this. The reason for the broken saves is excessive items in the inventory produced by crafting, possibly combined with adding items through the console.

But why does this happen in the first place?

The reason for players engaging in this activity in the first place is the unbalanced crafting system which makes it absurdly effective for players to upgrade their items through dismantling and re-crafting. To be fair, the system is so basic compared to Witcher 3's crafting that it invites this behavior from players even more.

But why is the system unbalanced?

Because the game was rushed without time for anything but functional tests - does the click of this button disassemble? Pass. Does the click of this button substract the crafting resources and produce the item in the inventory? Pass.

But why was the game rushed?

Because the board of directors decided so.

Also, whose decision was it to go with an MMO itemization and crafting in this single player game?

The board of directors (most probably) pushed for this, or some mid level manager under them pushed for this.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Keanu's usually known as a good dude who settles for less money etc.
He already got his bike in the game, too, and they could have integrated him very differently even if he wanted a larger role.

I think people come up with all manner of excuses to draw fire away from the devs and blame literally anyone else...

Turjan

Arcane
And what would that reputation system change if there's no faction based specific content? Who shoot you on sight and who dont?
It is implied. I think that say, Wakako should raise an eyebrow when V slaughters and messes with Tyger Claws' plans, for example. I think that fixers should be a lot more proactive than they are in the game.
The game is a bit of schizophrenic about it. Some texts, like those on items, suggest Wakako being the leader of the Tyger Claws, while many of her gigs you get are going against them, only sometimes with some words about those being wayward members you are going against. But yeah, given what my V did and where he allegedly lived, he should be lying dead in the smoldering ruin of his apartment.

Perkel

Arcane
He already got his bike in the game, too, and they could have integrated him very differently even if he wanted a larger role.

I think people come up with all manner of excuses to draw fire away from the devs and blame literally anyone else...

?? He has the most prominent role in 77 and at the same time he nails it.

Yosharian

Arcane
It's easy to criticise Keanu for his performance, yeah it's a been stilted and dry but that's his style, that's what he's known for - personally not really my cup of tea but there you go. Some criticism also needs to be levelled at his dialogue which ranges from 'ok' to downright awful. Keanu isn't in charge of writing his own dialogue or the acting direction. That's on the devs.

Turjan

Arcane
Lmao, isn't this the same issue that Skyrim had at launch? It was called memory leak or something. The more you played the game the bigger the save file became, increasing the possibility of getting the file corrupted. I think it's the same shit.
One more thing about this. The reason for the broken saves is excessive items in the inventory produced by crafting, possibly combined with adding items through the console.

But why does this happen in the first place?

The reason for players engaging in this activity in the first place is the unbalanced crafting system which makes it absurdly effective for players to upgrade their items through dismantling and re-crafting. To be fair, the system is so basic compared to Witcher 3's crafting that it invites this behavior from players even more.

But why is the system unbalanced?

Because the game was rushed without time for anything but functional tests - does the click of this button disassemble? Pass. Does the click of this button substract the crafting resources and produce the item in the inventory? Pass.

But why was the game rushed?

Because the board of directors decided so.

Also, whose decision was it to go with an MMO itemization and crafting in this single player game?

The board of directors (most probably) pushed for this, or some mid level manager under them pushed for this.
I guess the game doesn't let go of used item numbers, even if the items themselves are gone. But yeah, using the crafting system is an advantage, and if you give players this advantage, you better make it work without having your game get corrupted.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
Conspiracy hamsters say Sony wants to clear it's huge chunk of PS 4 inventory to make lost of the possible revenue of selling PS 5 which it's out of stock everywhere hence they would not let a powerful PC port run on the PS 4 with mediocre result jeopardizing their schemes. *Tin foil hat protocol initiated*

Problem with this theory is that GTA5 did the same thing already and proved to not have any impact on hardware adoption rates in any negative way. This will also do the same.

Druid Ardun

Whole concept of putting Keanu Reeves in the game feels so off to me. Couldn't stop seeing an actor from real life in Silverhand. I wonder how many people would have liked the character of Johnny "terrorist" Silverhand, if he had nothing to do with Keanu Reeves.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Was it posted here before? Development timeline from some guy who's uncle works at nintendo.

I don't find this shit believable. If there were that much turn over & lead problems there would be dozens of ex-devs trying to shit on the game in the past years but all we have is the 1 original story from around 2017 which is like this one and a few of these that seem educated guesses based on the original story :/ And some things are obvious; you don't need have worked at CDPR to guess that the game had a drastic vision change between 2012 to debut trailer.

not every dev can talk shit about their previous employer like Avellone.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist

?? He has the most prominent role in 77 and at the same time he nails it.
My post was meant to be in response to another post further up the thread, I just forgot to add the quote.

alyvain

Learned
Has anyone else had the experience that there are a lot more weird physics events in 1.05 than in 1.04? The physics seems to go all wonky for a moment when things spawn in - like balsa wood cars suddenly appearing and bouncing around, clutter stuff smashing for no obvious reason, etc.

1.05 feels much more clunky to me, but I haven't seen any substantive player backlash to be sure that it is indeed due to the patch.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
i think neo played it really well

if you are having difficulty because you can't get over an actual actor playing a character then sorry you are just autistic

Frozen

Arcane
So, how long until incompetent Potatos fix this shit so that its playable without all the bugs?

They had 7 fucking years and still crunching it.

That Keanu dude should have been Bowie but he dissed creator of this shitty setting long ago lol Dude knew his shit and what is trash.

Quillon

Arcane
not every dev can talk shit about their previous employer like Avellone.

allegedly CDPR fucked around 300 employees over the years and non of them are brave enough as Avellone? not 1? and what Obs did to Avellone seems mild offence compared to what's written in that post.

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
So, how long until incompetent Potatos fix this shit so that its playable without all the bugs?
The bugs are mostly insignificant stuff like sometimes a gun will disapear from npcs hands or some random guy on the street will tpose etc. Doesn't happen too often. Too bad the game is meh by design, the bugs ate the least of it's problems.

Generic-Giant-Spider

I haven't seen the latest Jimquisition video. Does he ditch Randy Pitchford in it?

If there's one thing Jim FUCKING Sterling doesn't do, it's ditch anything. You don't become a lard lord, a fatty cake, a spongebody like Jim FUCKING Sterling by ditching things.

God, I bet all those food vending machines in Night City has caused Jim FUCKING Sterling's brain to go into overdrive and knocked him into some sort of catatonic state for nearly two weeks hence why he's late with jumping on the hate boner for this game.

alyvain

Learned

It is playable, at least on PC. I feel that the fixation on bugs is a mostly retarded outer-Internet fetish which doesn't even scratch the surface of what is wrong with the game and what was evident to anyone with a gaming experience just by the look of trailers and other promotional stuff.

Black_Willow

Arcane
Whole concept of putting Keanu Reeves in the game feels so off to me. Couldn't stop seeing an actor from real life in Silverhand. I wonder how many people would have liked the character of Johnny "terrorist" Silverhand, if he had nothing to do with Keanu Reeves.
Yes, seeing an actor playing a role is very strange.
You know that some years ago Ted from "Bill and Ted" played in a movie about some hackers, agents and, uhm, pills? I watched it and it felt very weird.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I haven't seen the latest Jimquisition video. Does he ditch Randy Pitchford in it?

If there's one thing Jim FUCKING Sterling doesn't do, it's ditch anything. You don't become a lard lord, a fatty cake, a spongebody like Jim FUCKING Sterling by ditching things.

God, I bet all those food vending machines in Night City has caused Jim FUCKING Sterling's brain to go into overdrive and knocked him into some sort of catatonic state for nearly two weeks hence why he's late with jumping on the hate boner for this game.
Jim Sterling didn't even play the game. He said in a video that he is not playing it becaues CDPR was insensitive towards trans people.

Druid Ardun

Yes, seeing an actor playing a role is very strange.
You know that some years ago Ted from "Bill and Ted" played in a movie about some hackers, agents and, uhm, pills? I watched it and it felt very weird.

Not something I personally enjoy in a game.

just

Liturgist
it so easy to make money on youtube
just repeat what the general consensus is on reddit in your video
man i wish i was fat and ugly

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom