Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Guvide

Educated
is heretic gut?
It's like a fantasy Doom, but the enemies are more bullet spongy. Try Hexen instead. Or stick to Doom.

Guvide

Educated
Yay, more games I'll never play or already owned on Steam! Merry Christmas!

z40Jw8P.jpg
No exaggeration, Abe's Exoddus is one of the best games of all times and definitely in my top 10. I probably replayed it a hundred times, might even be able to speedrun it possibly - at least a glitchless run.

It's one of those infinitely fun games. Some of the later Zulags are such a joy to play, especially the ones where you can possess the Glukkon bureaucrats to give orders around and solve the puzzles. Incredible game.
Odyssey > Exoddus, by a large margin.

Melcar

Arcane
Brigador is free for the next 72 hours

Got their email, but I can't seem to be able to claim it from the site. Link throws me to their specials page and when searching for the game it list it with a discounted price instead of the giveaway.

It's on their main page, doesn't clicking on that button do anything for you?

Just sends me to their specials list. Maybe because I'm doing it on a mobile.

Pelvis Knot

Cipher

Got their email, but I can't seem to be able to claim it from the site. Link throws me to their specials page and when searching for the game it list it with a discounted price instead of the giveaway.

scroll down a bit on the main page, there's an additional banner

Melcar

Arcane

scroll down a bit on the main page, there's an additional banner

Yeah got it. Now to never play it.

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
How do I stop GOG Galaxy from trying to force the Revision mod for Deus Ex 1 on me every time I start Galaxy? I've unchecked automatic updates and the mod, but it still does it.

zapotec

Liturgist
Right click on deus ex entry -> manage installation -> configure -> untick Deux Ex revision in the DLC section (below language selection box)

lightbane

Arcane
It's sad how every new update of GOG makes me more and more disappointed with the former service dedicated to preserve good old games. Now they don't even bother to do that right, seeing there are many games with missing/faulty features compared to Steam. Or not publishing stuff for inane reasons while indie crap that no normal human being will ever play is given a pass.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
It's sad how every new update of GOG makes me more and more disappointed with the former service dedicated to preserve good old games. Now they don't even bother to do that right, seeing there are many games with missing/faulty features compared to Steam.

Which games are these? Other than KotOR 2 GOG usually treats their older games with a lot more care than Steam does. Steam throws them up without a care in the world usually, it's the publishers that have to fix them (if they bother). Galaxy quirk above is a quirk, just download the normal Deus Ex installer.

El Presidente

Arcane
I already grabbed everything that interests me from it, but a feature GOG desperately needs is to tag every good old game with a, well, 'good old game' tag and let people filter the store by just that. Considering how GOG these days is packed full of indie/modern shit, it really is a pain to find gud classics.

While GOG does have a "browse by release date" feature and that kinda serves as a temporary solution, that doesn't help you to keep track of, say, a good release from 1999. If you sort it by oldest first get you'll get thrown to Akalabeth, the Zork games and other 80's stuff, and said 1999 release will be hidden many pages in.

I imagine releases such as Myth and Discworld won't go by unnoticed, they'll make a lot of fanfare on the front page and warn me by email (not to mention I'll probably know about it in this very thread, but that doesn't count), but it does worry me that more unknown stuff such as Black Dahlia and Orion Burger might get lost amidst the sea of indie shit they release.

lightbane

Arcane
Which games are these? Other than KotOR 2 GOG usually treats their older games with a lot more care than Steam does. Steam throws them up without a care in the world usually, it's the publishers that have to fix them (if they bother). Galaxy quirk above is a quirk, just download the normal Deus Ex installer.

This is a good start, for example.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zjwUN1mtJdCkgtTDRB2IoFp7PP41fraY-oFNY00fEkI/edit#gid=0

The annoying Galaxy program which is more annoying with every new update is bad too.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Yeah, although without the steam comparison still a whole lot of the good old games on gog have issues that vary from seriously annoying to pretty much show stoppers ane not all of them can be externally fixed. But the thing is - it was always like that.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
How do I stop GOG Galaxy from trying to force the Revision mod for Deus Ex 1 on me every time I start Galaxy? I've unchecked automatic updates and the mod, but it still does it.
Right click on deus ex entry -> manage installation -> configure -> untick Deux Ex revision in the DLC section (below language selection box)
I have done this, but it still tries to install it after I start Galaxy.
I'm sure you can see the problem on your own here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom