Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Underrail, Dominating, Oddity, Too Squishy

Yaz

Learned
Welcome to an Underrail Let's Play.

This will be a Dominating playthrough on Odditiy. Somewhat serious but if there are any fatalities I will give detailed background about what went wrong.

GJHvWa8.jpg

pIGA3Ew.jpg

This is the build at lvl 1 - https://underrail.info/build/?AQgKAwMDAwoADwAPAAAKAAAPAAwGDwUMAAAAAAAADybCo9-_

With that out of the way.

fYeAMZC.jpg

The only real option here is the 5mm gun. If you have Aimed Shot then the Hammerer is good, as well. If not only the vanilla gun is actually good even if you don't have any points in Guns.

ryNyy7f.jpg

I get two 'nades rolling plus a lucky Crawler Caltrop spawn from the shop.

TlrKP31.jpg

Got the Nets from Agronomy.

vAqHaNc.jpg

And proceeded to the caves. The first two Rathounds were separated so dealing with them was easy.

zYZMKis.jpg

In the next area I started combat immediately and moved to the fence.

YsMu1GD.jpg

Getting noticed is important as it will force the Rathounds to move away from the outpost.

BcRTOkL.jpg

They will instead walk all the way around alerting the rest of the pack but by this time I've opened the door and can move inside. Flares are always available in case something goes wrong.

ociUFZA.jpg

The clean-up is easy.

j4JhuD4.jpg

In the next area I keep to the wall and start combat from that spot.

WkCZRLw.jpg

Throw a 'nade on the explosive barrel. If the throw is lucky the Rathounds will be scared, if not it will kill a few Rathounds.

38Etsp7.jpg

What happened was two Rathounds were out of sight of the barrel explosion which is quite rare, mind you. Still a Net and a flare, and those weren't a problem.

xlBtnUd.jpg

Next I trapped off Ratula inside the outpost and threw a 'nade. Again, if the throw is lucky it will kill Ratula, if not it will kill the Rathounds.

32TLqhi.jpg

It was an unlucky throw but Ratula gets trapped and shot, regardless.

8kLusZG.jpg

As is usually the case with me I forgot to get the gizmo to power everything up.

JouCWVj.jpg

On the way back I robbed Jonas of his stuff.

klbagVJ.jpg

And after powering the area up I found what is a pretty rare drop for this stage of the game.

bT7mmb9.jpg

This secret door is important for later on.

Last edited:

Yaz

Learned
BtTE2ya.jpg

I checked the body at the med office. Never done pyromaniacs before, btw.

fvy4IFR.jpg

Instead I stocked up on my own magic powder.

84CzDPM.jpg

And head for the Junkyard.

17rZ8dt.jpg
5b3NvN7.jpg

E34USJq.jpg
bdlb2Eo.jpg

This is just some of the notable Pickpocket-able stuff. There's also the Scrapper and Eel's Oddities plus a few other ones which are quite easy to pick up.

Qm2NPSd.jpg

RNGeebus blessed me with a good Tac Vest part from Gort.

lR1a58M.jpg

Capturing the 3 Hoppers leveled me up.

tNUkYo8.jpg

And I reached the first important milestone with the build - Magnesium Molotovs.

cLpMS35.jpg

Borrowed the SGS sentries' bullets. This is where the secret trap door comes in as it makes the circle quicker.

I5OInXj.jpg

Got another part for a Tac Vest.

vovwH9H.jpg
mzStx7J.jpg

And went off to roast some beetles. One Magnesium cocktail can kill a beetle if it sets it on fire. Otherwise if you make them walk through the entire area they will be left with 20-10 % hp.

gRWuOj0.jpg

Repeated the same with the beetles in front of Newton's hiding spot.

8VGZlIr.jpg

And went inside. The first thing to do is to close the door from Stealth.

VPTbnYT.jpg

Two traps and some stabbing to deal with the lone roach.

Qz6BZdt.jpg

So that I can prepare for the rest.

nNoXMxi.jpg
ZCWLlPm.jpg

Using a Frag 'nade will alert them all, but that's how we want them.

uyuY1H7.jpg

Looted the area down and managed to lvl up, hitting yet another important milestone - Frag MKIII.

Y6wppra.jpg
cs1WwAG.jpg

Managed to grab the Oddity here without fatalities on either side as the roaches were chased off by the fire. Suits me fine, actually.

lw2lyBu.jpg

Putting everything together I made myself this Tac Vest which would come in handy for dealing with a lot of what's to come.

uMCMKZ7.jpg
FMpODxc.jpg

The bandits on the way to the GMS were worth a MKIII Frag. The pack of Rathounds that came to investigate the noise was easily dealt with by two Magnesium Molotovs.

Yaz

Learned
yUnqtTj.jpg

Because I am putting points into Traps I can spot these ones.

bf3Nexq.jpg

Finished Jack's task.

FVjDYAs.jpg

And gathered the map with a crappy vanilla 'nade. Important to note that the pack won't move outside of turn-based mode, but if you're stealthed you can get close and force them to gather together for a big 'nade throw.

3mfaD7o.jpg

It was an unlucky throw so it got about half of them. Still, with the help of the SGS soldier, a flare and a Net it was an easy clean-up.

mfDXub6.jpg

Looting the first floor of the GMS gave another level and 40 base Pickpocketing which means now I can get the best stuff around. I immediately went back.

5I0BGT3.jpg
qlLhazh.jpg

GEjrKzH.jpg
w0HeP2I.jpg

Consumed an Eel Sandwich beforehand to make it all possible and armed myself pretty well for the 2nd floor of the GMS.

ZmhhTPY.jpg

This is what I took to deal with the rest of the area.

pv226qr.jpg

One MKIII Frag almost kills the bots. Nothing a bullet or two won't fix.

LNBEidp.jpg

I raised a little ruckus to get the rest of the bots together with an EMP and a MKIII Frag. The Tac Vest's threshold of 33 means that they can almost never deal damage.

Y8sKVqT.jpg

Had a Root Soda prepared for the 3d floor. Despite that the Knife Bandit still took first turn but he just didn't deal any damage. Captain's Svana's superior dagger easily dealt with these two.

ZlAZ2wV.jpg

Laid a trap and stabbed the lone Raider.

M64PHld.jpg

Donning the Tac Vest back and using another trap easily dealt with the rest of the Raiders on the floor.

oRYmXLR.jpg

For the last bit I trapped the rest off in the room for just in case and threw the last MKIII Frag. It was a lucky hit and all 3 went down in a single go without hurting the citizens. Looted the area, gave Gorsky his key-card and went back to report to Tanner.

pqhYbs5.jpg

First thing at Junkyard I checked Fixer and threw some few hundred charons his way.

FYAz0wC.jpg

The results were good.

ZzqHkN0.jpg

Also made this sneaking overcoat from stuff I had lying around. Pretty good for this part of the game.

QFsLyY3.jpg

I focused on doing Abram shenanigans since I wanted the prison available asap. An easy way to let the spawn in is to stand on this tile and keep an eye on the camera.

QcOEX1D.jpg

Once the camera points to the North consume an Adrenaline Shot, sneak and walk to the shaft. Having the spawn on the quick-bar helps a lot, as well. If you have at least 61 stealth you will never fail that way. Ninja Tabis are not essential.

SFf3glw.jpg

After getting paid I stole Elwood's key-card and went into his maze. The trap is detect-able even on a 3 Per character as long as you have enough points in Traps. Together with the Tac Vest and the newly-minted Acid Gun the bots weren't an issue.

cVa09qZ.jpg

For the Plasma Sentry I took off the armour as to get as much MP as possible and threw an EMP at it. Since it's against the wall it's quite unlikely that it'll miss, but even if it does you can just close the door. Threw another vanilla 'nade to detonate the rest of the traps and looted the locker.

rSjgO09.jpg

Adrenaline Shot makes the whole thing easy as you can just slam the door behind you and the Sentry won't follow.

DIsZrfM.jpg

This is the crappiest Energy Weapon I've ever looted from Elwood's place.

m2QUjWy.jpg

But RNGeebus still blessed me with this Pneumatic Leather Glove from the weapon's shop. That's another few hundred charons, but it's worth it.

D7lFcYe.jpg

Went in the cave next to the Eels' place and started throwing Molotovs until there weren't any Rathounds left.

nPpbmFH.jpg

Vilmer is easily dealt with by opening the door from stealth then laying a trap with Quick Tinker and forcing him to go in. His stuff is good and you gain about 300 charons for the effort. Plus the Xp from the dagger.

z90zAQT.jpg

Next I headed for the Depot and shot the barrel here to get their attention.

KYH8r7G.jpg

Quick Tinkered a trap and used a Net to keep the dog in place long enough for everyone to gather together for a MKIII Frag. It pretty much wipes them all in a single throw. There's also Flashbangs in case something goes wrong and you have to wait for Grenadier cooldown.

TjAS77M.jpg

Sneaking in the basement I took the first Mutie out with the Pneumatic Leather Gloves. Here I had to go back to unload, plus I wanted to loot a number of other small Oddities elsewhere.

Last edited:

Stormcrowfleet

Aeon & Star Interactive
Developer
I'm horrible at this game and never finished it. Thanks for explaining your tactics and all.

BTW what's up with your build? What your short term and long-term goal with STR 8 DEX 10 and INT 10?

Yaz

Learned
uQUxtwf.jpg

I went back to the under-tunnels of SGS.

NynLyJE.jpg

There's some Oddities here for looting.

XCuiJKU.jpg

Finishing that gave another lvl and not one but two important milestones - MKIV Frag and Metathermics base of 35.

xh40pN0.jpg

With one looted Sludge and one bought from a store I made 6 Magic Gas 'Nades.

AAuBAps.jpg

And set off to learn some Psi.

EGjQDbR.jpg

The pack outside of SGS had respawned a long time ago so used some Magnesium Cocktails for that.

Oq0qSFt.jpg

Paid only 50 SGS Credits for these 3 which will pretty much guide us through the rest of the game.

GJj2xNN.jpg

Back at Junkyard Abram shenanigans were up again.

wJZcdBr.jpg

So I immediately went in.

d2LeZxk.jpg

The trick here is that even though the Soldier can resist some of the Pneumatic Leather Glove procs I can always use Cryostasis and retreat. Rinse and repeat until a proc lands and now I can use a Toxic Gas 'Nade with 100 % accuracy.

bWL9Ipp.jpg

Waited for the PLG proc to wear off and froze him for as long as I could.

C54FTwR.jpg

Other builds can do it with a single Gas 'Nade. This one needs two. It's fine.

zxfsvPt.jpg

His loot is good.

NQP5ez6.jpg

Broke a camera off and hid in the vents.

gtul2MX.jpg

Froze the camera room guy after sneaking in.

VxAWJBA.jpg

And hid here in the corner to wait for cooldowns.

Cu2N1dq.jpg

Again the same applies, you can just retreat back to the safe corner after freezing and wait for the proc to land.

V7kp9yf.jpg
IWogVOo.jpg

His stuff wasn't bad, as well. Btw, there is a way to do this without any casualties on either side. This build can dislodge vent shafts so the key to Maura's cell is found in the infirmary or laboratory or whatever that place is to the SW. You can also navigate the whole area safely through the shafts but I just wanted the loot.

OsSFBcb.jpg

Maura free, big charons in the pocket.

61joJ8x.jpg

Next I head to the Burrower maze.

IrpxMQx.jpg

The Spawn are probably the worst enemy in the game in terms of detecting stealthy characters as their detection radius is reduced. Sneaking past these is nothing more than just some waiting for them to vacate the door. There probably is a way around here through the vents, but I never checked, just fyi.

DcjIrdD.jpg

So I sneak inside this here room and spot the mine.

SkQ8XjK.jpg

I trap one of the spawn here and I prefer if the bear trap doesn't crit, but even if it does I have Cryostasis for the other one. The intention here is to raise some noise. Note that this 'nade throw - unlike other ones I take - is not a safe one as I am not at least 3 tiles away from the AoE zone. Instead I have the shield on which is an Amplified one and will always soak all the damage. Still, it's good to do the math of how much damage your shield can soak in case of a bad throw. Just in case. Regardless, this throw wasn't wonky.

Kyeb8JX.jpg

So I just drop a Gas 'Nade here(100 % accuracy) and close the door.

7m4XLYq.jpg

Happy to see that almost everyone made it here including the Warrior.

ajpspLt.jpg

I had an Adrenaline Shot from earlier so I had to wait inside until the after effects wear off. After that I opened the door from turn-based mode and took a step forward to alert the enemies to my presence. If you just open and close the door it won't work.

CXyNhT8.jpg

I repeated that several times because if I stay behind the door at all times combat will end due to the non-hostility rule. Just open the door, walk forward one tile and walk back closing the door. One Gas 'Nade is enough to suffocate them all, including the Warrior. He starts taking something like 120 damage per turn with 20 stacks on.

RzQtesH.jpg

Looted the area down and found what - at least for me - is a very lucky drop of a Warrior Carapace. Happy to say this will make a sick Tac Vest some time soon, but more on that later on.

Tigranes

Arcane
You know, in some weird lapse of reason, I never even thought about going high INT and pushing for upgraded nades that early. I guess if the merchant rolls are right and especially with pickpocketing you can get enough materials to get by?

Yaz

Learned
You know, in some weird lapse of reason, I never even thought about going high INT and pushing for upgraded nades that early. I guess if the merchant rolls are right and especially with pickpocketing you can get enough materials to get by?

The vast majority of the stuff involved in making 'nades is deterministic from the merchants. There's the occasional extra portion of Toxic Sludge, Hexogen or Magnesium here and there, but that's about it. As long as you don't plan on killing everything with 'nades it's quite ok, or at least I am so used to it that it never bothers me.

Yaz

Learned
GGf2eEc.jpg

I head for the Pyromaniacs next. Since this is the first time I spawn these I was extra careful around.

cSj4qKD.jpg

Turns out that these are probably the easiest enemies out there. They die to a single MKIII Frag, can't detect too quickly, easily stunned with PLG or just outright stabbed. Seemingly always incapacitated by a Flashbang. In addition to that they don't react much to sound so you can go around chucking 'nades and their Pyrokinesis is easily tanked by the shield. There's only one mine for the entire dungeon and you can see where it is. I was careful with checking for mines, but there's literally only one.

TknnkLO.jpg

After clearing the first floor I snuck to the next level and found these two around the corner. LGP proc and freeze took care of them without raising any alarms.

V5xvHQK.jpg

I must have raised a little ruckus with the next stealth kill as more enemies appeared to be alerted. Retreating around a corner I laid a QT trap there, next to that Propane Tank. One 'nade wiped all of these out.

xaHBL34.jpg

Flashbanged these two to let the exploding Propane Tank finish the job and there were no more enemies for the floor save for the boss room.

CsxaFOy.jpg
AZFOPP8.jpg

Opened the boss room from stealth and laid one trap from a diagonal tile. Waiting a little bit to refresh the AP I initiated combat and QT'd another trap to wall the entrance off. One 'nade wiped the two acolytes and left the boss on half HP. He got trapped and was easily stabbed.

cDEtqoK.jpg

Found the rare Doctor's Pouch here which will come in handy for later on.

NBE17Yn.jpg

Back at Junkyard Chester was waiting for me to give him back his ring but I could only get 100 charons for it.

mJZyWwX.jpg

So I got that and stole the ring back. I will see how much I can get later on for it.

NC0dsAP.jpg

Finishing that I set off to pick Depot A back from where I left it. I started by raising some noise around this here turret.

cgoSfxy.jpg

Only the dogs will react to it, but that's fine. I chucked some basic Molotovs since I had quite a lot of them from the Pyromaniacs.

tuIm5eb.jpg

Next I chucked an EMP at the turret.

eOu5hj8.jpg

And ran here. From that spot I took the turret down with a Catalysing Belt and the Acid Gun.

bG0pndF.jpg
akXPbsG.jpg

Spot the mines here.

TRhEAA6.jpg

And trapped off the first batch of muties like so. I used the basic Molotovs and was just chucking them inside until there was nothing left. Since Incendiary Grenades don't make as much noise as Explosive ones the other group of muties doesn't get alerted.

CfdFJrg.jpg

Sneaking past the mine and opening the door, I trapped off the second batch and waited for the dogs to show themselves from cover. After that I chucked more Molotovs to alert them and hid around a corner.

GwM2I00.jpg

Using the mine pretty much can wipe them on it's own.

yNI4thD.jpg

After getting the keys I went back a little and went into the first area with Acid Dogs. Spot the mines there.

0CC3CyG.jpg

Dodged the Turret like so. Put the Tac Vest on and easily dealt with the bot inside. Now that produces some noise and the dogs will get alerted, but not the player's presence. They will come to investigate so it's important to close the doors after you here.

j96nj3K.jpg

I trapped off the entrance from stealth like that and chucked a Molotov to alert them.

wLHSezi.jpg

I chucked a few Molotovs more and they retreated to the other side as the flames were too stacked.

vOH1ZoY.jpg

So I had them all like that. When the flames began dying out they started coming back around.

linBVlJ.jpg

I still had two traps left at the door plus I could QT more but since they were all so injured one 'nade wiped them.

GxHIaRs.jpg
xD7Ju9D.jpg

I dealt with the two turrets using the Acid Gun and an EMP to reposition. Their loot is good.

7bHSC7T.jpg

Next I head back to the basement where I chucked an EMP at this here Sentry from Stealth and managed to trap him in acid. If something goes wrong one can always just close the door and reset cooldowns. Dealing with the small bots is easy by this point. They just don't deal damage.

hKRrmCQ.jpg

Looting the area down I found what I thought to be an interesting drop. Don't remember finding stuff this good here before. Maybe it's just me. There were still two turrets in the area guarding some good stuff but I had a plan to deal with them.

BYwq7Ug.jpg

For that I went back to the GMS and down to the Raider cave.

Wtu4A5V.jpg

Alerting the first batch of Raiders and they go down to a single 'nade throw. I was using MKIV Frags at this point, but maybe it's an overkill.

DfXivSs.jpg

For the next area I Flashbanged these two from stealth and hid around the corner. The rest of the raiders all pile up around them.

sQnVNoB.jpg

Another frag and those go down while the Sledge Raider get's frozen off and stabbed.

k5ODj3U.jpg

I found what I was looking for here. Crappy sniper, sure, but it will get the job done. After that I did some shopping and stocked on some bullets.

vugGlNh.jpg

Since the Plasma Turrets can't shoot you if you're at your maximum vision range you can just sit there and poke them down with a sniper. Slow process, but it's safe. Using Flares speeds things up.

6qTod80.jpg

Turret loot will sell for good coin, plus those two turrets are guarding some Oddities and a key-card I like using.

Xpysqrc.jpg

Back at the upper level I used the looted key-card to open this door here. Sneaking around all the dogs and mutants was quite easy. But if you get a bad position for them you can always just wait for them to reposition and operate the door using turn-based.

kUZTq4d.jpg

Said ''hi'' to Wyatt and stole his Oddity...

z0RQNuA.jpg

...grabbed the stuff...

VcFImTt.jpg

...and trapped off the mutant batch next door for some easy explosions. The area has some Oddities so it's important to get everything.

12OJeHO.jpg

Next I head to the last Depot A area that needed clearing and I entered from the West as I like to have a way to escape.

YEdWSxT.jpg

Using stealth and QT I laid some traps there and used those Crawler Caltrops since they were catching mould in my inventory.

3VSNPJP.jpg

I started chucking various 'nades at the horde, but there's a lot of them. That's why I like to have the way to escape because this encounter can be a little wonky. Here there are still enemies outside but they won't step in the flames since they are already injured. The ones that did make it through - because they had less fire area to traverse in my direction - were easily dealt with, but with no traps left on the door I chose to leave the area once the Entanglement wore off.

EnVT16p.jpg

Going back around I found the stragglers here and that was it.

drqq62m.jpg

Looted the area down for another interesting drop and I was done with Depot A.

ouuKBpg.jpg

Grabbed all the craftable stuff and left everything else for later selling as I will be travelling around.

iXqhDof.jpg

With that I opened the global map.

This is the build at the moment: https://underrail.info/build/?CggMAwMDAwoAPAA8AAAyAAAoGSYePAolAAAjAAAAIybCoy8WMCsgJ9-_

Trashos

Arcane
Thanks for doing this!

Weird to see an Oddities run without Lockpicking/Hacking.
Strange that the robot at Elwood's does not attack if you close the door.

Please, focus a bit more on your level ups. I got lost regarding what level you were at each location. Is your progression carefully planned or does it have certain thresholds you have to reach and other than that it is however you feel like it at the moment?

Is STR high for your melee attacks? I do not know melee well.
I am guessing that INT is that high for the crafting skill points.
What psi disciplines are you planning to invest in?

Personally, I would prefer it if pics where in spoilers so that it is easier to scroll up and down, but hear from the others on this as well.

Yaz

Learned
Weird to see an Oddities run without Lockpicking/Hacking.

You've also been under the impression that you need those skills to find Oddities? :)

Strange that the robot at Elwood's does not attack if you close the door.

Always been like that. Robots can't open doors.

Please, focus a bit more on your level ups. I got lost regarding what level you were at each location. Is your progression carefully planned or does it have certain thresholds you have to reach and other than that it is however you feel like it at the moment?

I did put a lvl 10 build at the end of the last post where I stopped playing for the day. I suppose it is something that I can look further into, though. Maybe at each even level. As for the rest of the stuff I think you're trying to read a bit too hard into it. The method is the more important thing rather than the stats.

Personally, I would prefer it if pics where in spoilers so that it is easier to scroll up and down, but hear from the others on this as well.

Not that I am against it, but I doubt folks - yourself included - will read several posts, or even one entire post at once. Having the screenshots like that can help someone navigate easier to a spot they stopped reading at an earlier point. That is unless I don't know something about these forums, of course, which is quite likely.

Is STR high for your melee attacks? I do not know melee well.
I am guessing that INT is that high for the crafting skill points.
What psi disciplines are you planning to invest in?

Well... isn't this what makes a LP like this interesting :)?

Trashos

Arcane
Well, some Oddities *are* in locked boxes. But I have never tried not investing in these skills to judge the difference. I have seen some good players not investing in them, but it was always on Classic.

Robots can't open doors.

Holy...
I could bet that I had tested this once upon the time in GMS. Apparently not.

Yaz

Learned
BTW, if you guys want screenshots in spoilers do let me know.

Yaz

Learned
yA8l2Y3.jpg

This is how I open up today.

WPxD2RK.jpg

First thing - hit the Core.

q4JQG3o.jpg

I started on the somewhat mundane, but nonetheless important stuff.

HdUZn5y.jpg
5FwPHnV.jpg

Oddities to be grabbed, money to be stolen. This early in the game it's important.

YUZnx0z.jpg

Random Mugger can spawn here so beware.

tN0m0ha.jpg

I punched this guy here because no one cares.

Y2k8Q1L.jpg

He can spawn decent stuff. I am not a huge fan of metal gloves, but still a nice drop.

CbaWY9z.jpg

Moving on into Drop Zone I laid this trap here. The Gangsters don't care even if it's so close to them.

K22vfCe.jpg

This allows them to be grouped for a nice 'nade.

mJFwesn.jpg

With the survivor getting frozen for easy clean-up. Note that enemies with high Evasion will take full damage from a 'nade if trapped.

grPFYvx.jpg

Another Mugger there.

D4owgtH.jpg

Bump into him, freeze and throw a net. If the throw is unsuccessful retreat while frozen and wait for cooldowns.

ZiE6rR1.jpg

Hid Oddity is important.

hk8XJw4.jpg

Another Mugger on the way to the Merchant's district and he's easily taken care with a trap.

KTGi7vF.jpg

The Pneumatic procs were starting to do some damage. And this is only using a crappy 700 Durability glove.

r1OrpKr.jpg

Abram shenanigans were up again. We like those.

qNDLfEf.jpg

Took a little detour to the upper floor of the Hardcore Bar.

lfbJBdy.jpg

Throwing a crappy looted 'nade here will make all these Scavengers open up their doors.

T0Oe1Ef.jpg

So I can take them down one by one. Their loot is good.

406QXEm.jpg

Moving on to the area next to the Merchants and you can get a random Mugger to spawn there.

7lzR90I.jpg

I moved to the Gangsters and opened up with a MKIV Frag + Flashbang and froze the Psi Gangster since he can resist the bangs quite often. Another 'nade cleaned up and I grabbed the Oddity from the barrel in the corner.

e1czJne.jpg

I signed up for Coretech to get their respirator. Even though I had the Gas Mask from the Pyromaniacs dungeon I still needed the extra detection for later on.

4D6Yc25.jpg

I took a quick detour to the sewers and snuck to the first toxic barrel for a lucky double Sludge drop.

lFpBeuH.jpg

Continued on with the Oddity hunt and you can spawn another random Mugger here.

y5S6BiQ.jpg

I met this dude whom I've never seen before.

3SXKs2A.jpg

He must be bugged because even though his conversation was basically nothing but ''I kill you now'' he didn't attack. Well, easy pickpocket for his 3 Adrenaline Shot/Morphine Shot.

hsCSSny.jpg

I moved to the back of Drop Zone again and beware of the random Mugger that can spawn in this room here.

IN2ZZM9.jpg

I was interested in the Gangster in the back, though. Note that their entire area passes through to a single tile entrance. This can easily be abused.

aOQaimP.jpg

I walked forward after procing the conversation and telling the guy I will be gone. Dropped a Gas 'Nade with 100 % accuracy on that tile there and walked back leaving a QT'd trap on the single tile entrance.

6cKaP5C.jpg

Whoever gets trapped gets frozen for 5 turns allowing the rest of the gang to soak nicely in toxic gas. I added some acid puddles for quicker clean up.

F3iShp0.jpg

Their loot is good plus the area has Oddities. I gave the Faceless his Advanced Health Hypo and send him on his merry way.

cVXfH1v.jpg

This Tchortist here gave me a lucky Aegis BP drop. He can spawn it quite often, but I still like it a lot when he does.

pIMLT6E.jpg

I attacked the guard next door and the fact that he can resist so much Mechanical damage tells me that his armour is super good.

r3jVICF.jpg
2xRlp5u.jpg

I moved behind the curtain while he was incapacitated and left a QT'd trap. Dealt with him using the Acid Gun.

k4QgrdP.jpg
Z8TuUAb.jpg
pgNJ7x9.jpg

His drops were super good, but I am most happy with the Tac Vest. I definitely will be using this later on. Not right now, though.

VNkiCOl.jpg

I travelled back to SGS to pick up some of the crafting mats I left there. I also passed by the Junkyard to sell some of the crap I stored in there. Good habit to have.

scAzWw9.jpg

I also had to pay these guys a visit.

gfhbQ4e.jpg

One MKIV Frag wiped the ones in the back while the one here was easy with the PLG.

SnhgZvp.jpg

Had a lucky Sludge drop plus an Oddity that leveled me up.

1gFrIgw.jpg

https://underrail.info/build/?DAgNAwMDAwoARgBGAAA7AAAoGSwiRQ4oAAAjAAAAPCbCoy8WMCsgJxLfvw

OnpHqqC.jpg

Went back to the Core and crafted a lot of stuff I'd need for the next few encounters.

sjufIVG.jpg

I went to the De Pacino basement and snuck to that Guard there. Some nice damage is coming from the PLG. Do note that in such cases even if they resist there's freeze which will allow for safe retreat or Adrenaline Shot for more attacks since the PLG costs 6 AP at this point.

aeS0l5z.jpg

Very nice drop from him.

Here I recorded the first video of the run because why not. I play the game in 720 because I like everything larger but that also somewhat impacts the quality of the vid. Uploading to YT seems to have made everything a little darker, as well. If anyone has any advice on how to record/upload this better do say. Anyways, enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFwwdpztAE4

Trashos

Arcane
Why is the video age-restricted?

I like the trap+cryostasis trick!

Yaz

Learned
Why is the video age-restricted?

Not that anyone will look down to a random nerd on the web, but my entire... ''channel'' is 18 + because of the DOOM videos :)

Sounds like a joke, I know, but if you dig some into YT's ToS you will find some interesting bits about content appropriate and inappropriate for children. It's a relatively recent thing, but at the end of the day it's just safer that way. The next Underrail Video won't be 18 +, though, but it still won't be children content.

Last edited:

Yaz

Learned
PBwgTTy.jpg

The stuff from De Pacino's gang sells for some good coin and I got another Energy Shield upgrade.

S6EXNKb.jpg

After getting done with that I focused on Abram shenanigans again.

D3Rx2ph.jpg

Necessary tedium, sure, but once you get into that Oculus' basement there's no going back.

jcuou4W.jpg

There's a lot of traveling here, but basically nothing much to show for it. For those who haven't done these quests I think it's best you do them on your own because they are really good. Once I hit Foundry for Everard's assignment I also started the Beast questline.

1CCF3ui.jpg

Evelyn's basement earns you the Mayor's trust.

DdOpbVz.jpg
AL1zO0m.jpg

Didn't miss the opportunity to make some extra cash.

0uLXdDA.jpg

Looting the Oddities around the mine gave me lvl 13 and two important milestones - MK V Frag and 95 effective Mercantile.

MuomRb1.jpg

Tested the Acid Gun against the Bladelings.

PXLFWNq.jpg

And got me two Borers for later.

5pMHymW.jpg

And opened Kevin's Tier 2 shop. He didn't have anything noteworthy but is a good source of W2C bullets nonetheless.

2KlIw9q.jpg

Before that I was under the impression that I can just waltz through the vents to Todor, but I forgot the fact that this door here is locked - 35 Lockpicking. I won't be putting any points into it but this means that I'd need to deal with the Beast before I can finish Everard's thing.

29EcGml.jpg
mPjGyT3.jpg

I did a full circle of the merchants around the map in preparation and made me those Metal Striders, as well.

nLGyGxO.jpg

I am sure that using anything else than an Acid Gun for the Bladelings would be a pain... but I had an Acid Gun.

nD4zplZ.jpg

Got these 3 to help after paying West to fix Gloria.

lOU2cgC.jpg

And made a nice danger zone on the stairs.

9kFHQe7.jpg

Left a Gas 'Nade in the middle there and pushed the button.

7GZh3ou.jpg

As soon as they started appearing I started stacking Incendiary 'Nades.

Fd3QKpJ.jpg

Occasionally chucking additional Gas 'Nades or caltrops, as well.

ul8Pa1T.jpg

The combination of the build up flames, caltrops and gas will deter some of them from moving through. Standing near the mining cart in the back is important because you won't catch a random Dan bullet as he's bursting all the time. Most of the damage on the Bladelings is done through the environmental hazards. Stragglers are cleaned up with the Laser or Acid Gun.

bKDKYYi.jpg

It was a relatively easy encounter. More of a resource check than anything else.

ei5fJRC.jpg

Here you can see that only one managed to leave the stairs.

5O1vlo2.jpg

Don't forget to get the Beast's stuff.

t2DApx1.jpg

It leveled me to 14. https://underrail.info/build/?DggNAwMDAwoAUABQAABGAAAoGTciSxo1AAAjAAAAQybCoy8WMCsgJxI-378

tjfQM6T.jpg

But more importantly I was able to meet Todor now.

3g5Fg0y.jpg

Unless you speak with him this line here won't appear before that.

WmmIffU.jpg

Finally finished all the Abram shenanigans.

JOjJDvc.jpg

And opened up Constantine's Tier 2 stock.

KeNxIvX.jpg

As is tradition you pay him big coin the first time you meet him. He didn't have any good weapons otherwise I'd have spent more. But I'd be checking him again soon, anyways.

EXgeku6.jpg

After stocking up on good Stealth equipment I head back to the caves of SGS.

r7EkNRg.jpg
UTyMOjw.jpg

Roasting some Rathounds along the way.

rD8bkGK.jpg

And reached the target zone here. I exited stealth and waited for cooldown. Chucked a vanilla 'nade in the NE corner you can see there(it's in the LoS.) This will alert every enemy on the map, but the Rathound pack won't move unless it's turn based mode.

ycWoei1.jpg

The Death Stalker will move outside of combat to investigate the noise but it's important to initiate turn based mode close to enemies so that the entire pack moves in to engage the bug.

ekiQEOD.jpg

Once they are nicely occupied with it you can just pass through.

KuqgVSg.jpg

There literally are no more Rathounds on the map.

eNU9Hva.jpg

Put on the Coretech Respirator and spot all these traps. Taking it slow here is good. We don't want any surprises :). The dead body in the corner there gave me a lucky Stuffed Bat so that was welcomed. All in all, nothing noteworthy other than a slow trek through the tunnels to the Rathound King's lair. There's also the Energy Shield for extra protection but I didn't trip on anything.

Here's another crappy vid of the encounter. Boy, do I hate how uploading to YT makes it darker... but whatevs. At least you can see the method and the fact that obtaining the Rathound Regalia is cheaper and easier than fighting Goliathuses on the Silent Isle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7AxUcsSgwo

Last edited:

Yaz

Learned
BD7UlH5.jpg

Looting the area I found this leather which will make something nice in the future. I think it most probably would be a pair of PLG.

xb4Ut4O.jpg

Got an upgrade for the knife, as well.

AsbN1qc.jpg

Because I didn't issue any hostilities against the Rathound pack earlier I can just move safely now with the Regalia on. Had a lucky Oddity drop from the bug.

UXXraxm.jpg

Went back to Hathor - changing the Regalia out, of course - and boarded the boat to the Core. Went deeper into the sewers this time. There's a mine there that can be detonated(Pyrokinesis) to grab the attention of the muties.

bT1q2QN.jpg

Also put a trap on the bridge for extra safety, but it wasn't needed. Pretty much a 'nade, Flashbang, 'nade and they were done.

DxBNqDe.jpg

I found what I was looking for.

ndmTRjC.jpg

And went up to Merchant's district to dump it all in my favourite barrel. While there I also gave Sophie her Borer.

kvaPBWS.jpg

For a price.

S3F6K0u.jpg

Made another crafting circle of the merchants.

gRh8gzl.jpg

And prepared a bit for the next step.

wyEbktG.jpg

It was time to do some pest control.

LG0uJ5G.jpg

The combination of the Shield Emitter and that Tac Vest from the guard at De Pacino's was soaking all the damage from the Burrowers and the spawn. The rest was just a matter of throwing a 'nade or two and some shooting.

4rNv958.jpg

Inside the mine combat doesn't immediately start even without stealth.

guRw9mO.jpg

So I threw a bunch of Gas 'Nades around and a Magnesium Molotov at that bug there.

aNYbH0h.jpg

Barred the other corridor with fire, as well.

GMZ5LPr.jpg

And baited the Warrior into a trap.

Qnpfoz6.jpg

Down he goes. Important to note here that as long as you don't use explosive 'nades you won't alert the group of bugs in the pool. Incendiary don't make as much noise.

ywKgnrk.jpg

I changed into stealthy gear and snuck to the upper floor.

Zrz1eEf.jpg

I raised a little ruckus here and baited some bugs closer to the Explosive Barrel.

4i2h9DR.jpg

The Flashbang landed well here, although I still had AP for Cryostasis and Adrenaline Shot.

gtUdbT7.jpg

The clean up was easy with the Warrior getting baited into a trap.

NAI5Qgm.jpg

I took a Sniper Rifle for the effort as it was the only thing I didn't have a decent one of.

hpEwXox.jpg

Grabbed the Special Hathor Perk...

Dt8bxtn.jpg

...and left for Junkyard to finish their questline.

s2kaaHL.jpg

First thing on the Silent Isle is to throw a 'nade somewhere to the West. Made sure there are no beetles there as we don't want combat to start.

0sW2snc.jpg

The friendly Rathounds can be still annoying as they can block the path quite often.

eWtX8Gq.jpg

Sooner or later you will walk forward, though. As soon as I initiated turn based more the beetles moved to investigate the sound from earlier vacating the quest area.

TAleNWd.jpg

Smooth and easy.

ZM4hbF7.jpg

Met with Blaine after progressing the Eels' questline.

mgnUndA.jpg

And got the Protectorate to help them with the assault.

3q0g6hy.jpg

Made a small detour to the casino to grab a few hundred charons from the box there. Don't break any cameras here as the Scrappers can become aggressive.

aWMLeBm.jpg

After a bit more tedium I was finally done.

AXwhGAE.jpg

And chose to ''attack'' from the Depot.

Ljz0BNd.jpg

For the simple reason that I won't be force into combat. The rest of the conflict will resolve itself in real time. Takes about 30 seconds.

yjHRvGp.jpg

These guys weren't doing so hot, but that only means more loot.

IG4nGQQ.jpg

I looted the entire area in a single go.

uZGrA1a.jpg

Sold what I could, made some Repair Kits and stashed the rest in my favourite Dumpster next to Len's shop.

MMs6JQ7.jpg

Don't forget to get paid for your ''contribution.''

df5OBEv.jpg

Back at the Core I upgraded the Acid Gun.

OHtJVTK.jpg

And introduced myself to Briggs.

jqtC3l4.jpg

I immediately left for Expedition Isle.

jWA0hg5.jpg

There the first important thing to do is obtain this critically important piece of gear.

sB8SYik.jpg

And now I had to do some beach defence.

AkgGhjA.jpg

I spawned two snipers here which is pretty damn rare.

zwT30qo.jpg

I threw a Molotov there to discourage the horde from taking this path. Doesn't stop the xbow guys from shooting, though. As long as you keep STs in front if you you will never get shot, so that's nice.

MCRCDQv.jpg

Was happy to see that on the other side the natives were starting to work on the Turret.

cjsDQGq.jpg

And they piled very quickly on top of it. Nice. Using 'nades is out of the question here. I just left the STs to sort it out, really.

rvtq2Na.jpg

Finally threw a Frag at these guys here only to finish the whole thing quicker.

WG1o3o7.jpg
P8DBB49.jpg

And started looting everything.

6X8teIR.jpg
7XlqskP.jpg

I got an upgrade for the SMG and some pretty decent Detection Goggles.

Ic3ZJJ5.jpg

I even got paid for my ''defence.''

TXS8bPG.jpg

I opened Ladelman's special stock and sold some of these things which I have no idea how I found. I mean I am sure they won't say no to some extra supplies now, right?

106NMgV.jpg

Went to introduce myself to Razor and interestingly enough with that much Intelligence I can guess the special line. Not that it matters, but still nice.

Up8h0ON.jpg

The Ferryman was also at Mutie Isle. Again - Nnt that it really matters at this point.

6rUeF0C.jpg

Intelligence gives you this special line.

BDw0X0k.jpg

You basically bs your way inside for free. Even if I'd given him his 3 Morphine/1 Aegis I'd still have stolen those back. But nice to have this.

cGLM1rn.jpg

Inside I snuck to this here door and picked the lock.

Wgw4zSo.jpg

There's an Odditiy inside, but also this crane which I think is good to get repaired.

bGNUbf0.jpg

I didn't go down immediately. I met with Wesley first and checked his pockets.

9G1dPP0.jpg

That lvled me up. https://underrail.info/build/?EAgOAwMDAwoAWgBaAABQAAAoGUMoUCFDAAAjAAAASSbCoy8WMCsgJxI-BuKdjQHfvw

LYGqUGz.jpg

Wesley also has a special Intelligence line.

kRcv9XL.jpg

Though it doesn't really do anything.

gx8HeyS.jpg

I just left him alone after that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom