Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Bliblablubb

Arcane
You know... People can play the game the normal way, like an actual RPG or stealth game or some shit.

OR

They can do it the FUCKING AWESOME WAY and pretend it's 3D Hotline Miami 2077:

Hillarious part of that mission was: the target is standing at his window, so you can snipe him from the balcony. But when I tried to be super pro and ghost the shit... he despawned. Was gone. Left for Australistan.
Haven't bothered with sneaking ever since. :hahano:

overly excitable young man

Those seizures are so annoying. You cant make a game where you take control away from the player all the time.
I want to play the fucking game ffs!

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Hillarious part of that mission was: the target is standing at his window, so you can snipe him from the balcony. But when I tried to be super pro and ghost the shit... he despawned. Was gone. Left for Australistan.
Haven't bothered with sneaking ever since. :hahano:
Must have been a bug. I snuck in through the balcony, snapped his neck, and then just in case cleared out the other two floors for the loot. :lol:

Takamori

Learned

That fucking shit eating grin. Makes the scene better.

So regarding the Hotline Miami discussion, yeah it could be possible if they fix the fucking AI to be really aggressive and making areas slightly bigger with more enemies. Also use the lethality of the original PnP system. Having the right guns to pierce armor if the guy is wearing armor, using EMP to fuck with people chrome, fire rounds to set people flesh on fire and so on, but who am I kidding that would require some FUCKING RPG in this game.

Robber Baron

Savant
There should be a limit to how much health packs a player can carry
Like 5 with no perks, then increase the number with tech perks
Hopefully some rebalance mod does this in the future

Gerrard

Arcane
Gerrard
Bring that article you posted months ago about fucking kiciński or some other cdpr top fag selling his shares what is funnier they lied to investors that game is in great shape. :lol::lol: Sounds like some wolf of wall street pump and dump shit.
Months ago the officially they were selling them as part of the company motivational program, to fund subscription warrants or some shit.
But like that reddit post says, he did sell his personal shares before release.

Crazed Weevil

Prophet
You should be able to call them AFAIK, but in most cases, they won't answer. You can even question them about their past, Regina about her journalism and such.
I passed the gig from Regina where you help that friend of hers - Max, Mark, or whatever. I haven't visited her yet to see if he is at her base, but my guess is that no. In general there is a lot going on during gigs that seems reasonable to have reactivity about it.
He is there if you visit Regina after that gig.

There is small reactive parts here and there with some of the conversations left on shards you find in some of the gigs. I found a few that mention one of the Tyger Claw goons I killed (the one that liked torturing/killing hookers for braindances) saying someone had killed him and how they were freaked out by it. Nothing that special, but there is some effort there...

Takamori

Learned
There should be a limit to how much health packs a player can carry
Like 5 with no perks, then increase the number with tech perks
Hopefully some rebalance mod does this in the future
Yeah being able to spam meds is definetly retarded, could balance the damage output with drugs and consumables, or even a good armor system adding categories of armor like the tabletop.

Naraya

Arcane
Ugh. I already feel that replaying the whole
Heist final + JS Arasaka Tower stuff + car chase + ripperdoc reviving you + JS first encounter
section is going to get VERY OLD VERY FAST. I'm on my 3rd playthrough and I could barely do it again...

Steezus

Savant
Patron
Heist final + JS Arasaka Tower stuff + car chase + ripperdoc reviving you + JS first encounter
section is going to get VERY OLD VERY FAST. I'm on my 3rd playthrough and I could barely do it again...

Yes, except for the
Arasaka Tower raid.
I love that shit.

Takamori

Learned
Yeah being able to spam meds is definetly retarded, could balance the damage output with drugs and consumables, or even a good armor system adding categories of armor like the tabletop.

Oh some healing side effect debuff

something along the secret ending, where you max hp get reduced as time goes by, but could use this as mechanic for the meds. Making less effect each time you use to avoid spamming it

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
You can't skip through the Dexter Deshawn talk in the limo either. Among other things. Gets really fucking old...

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
tkztb6t.jpg

And this is an impressive detail:

https://i.gyazo.com/010fae30d285fb45ded2812ce900b8fc.mp4

Takamori

Learned

Yeah, now I understand why there are no 3rd person cutscenes. V character model look like shit compared to the rest of the important NPCs

Regarding character creation, I think they had in mind in the original pitch that V would be like a original character on its own like in the 2018 trailers, then leadership saw that people were like Hey its Tabletop based can we custom it? They decided to scramble resources and go like LETS FUCKING DELIVER IT YOU CAN EVEN CUSTOMIZE YOUR CHODE and we got the mess we are in, like you can't customize basic stuff like cheekbone, cheeks, face ratio and so on. Not even talking about boob sliders, muscle, size and so on.
Also missing stuff like barber shop to recustomize.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
Cutscenes were definitely snipped due to time constraints.
No way all these scenes where your character is sick/sniffling/crying and you see none of it because it's all first person were what the writers envisioned.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom