Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Ugh. I already feel that replaying the whole
Heist final + JS Arasaka Tower stuff + car chase + ripperdoc reviving you + JS first encounter
section is going to get VERY OLD VERY FAST. I'm on my 3rd playthrough and I could barely do it again...
I am (was) on my first playthrough and it already felt old. Halfway through the memory flashback I was like "just let me play my fucking game already."

That car chase was just about the worst car chase I've seen in a modern video game.

It took me a few seconds to realize the enemies were immortal until a cutscene trigger. After like I emptied three or four full magazines in their faces and just thought they had boss HP.

Fucking lol. 2020 gamedev right there.
Yeah,the whole game feels like a fucking film. It really feels like chore to watch it.

At least lessons were learned. By me at least.

I'm adding a giant "Skip all this fucking shit" button to my games.

The biggest problem of the game is the lack of player agency and choice during those sections,you are just sitting there and pressing next,it is like a shitty jrpg.

PS: Did you people noticed that gog froze their cybercuck rating on 3.8?

Takamori

Learned
As a stealth character I rarely use them, so I literally have like 300 health injectors. Outer Worlds had the same problem.
Same also have like 50 grenades in my pocket, they should limit consumables to like 10 and rest should be in your stash so you can replenish after a mission.
Imagine if bullets and consumables had weight, just like an RPG :happytrollboy:

Like to make stealth gameplay interesting, they should add a time limit when the AI start getting suspicious if you KO'd and hid someone in the trash lid. Also instead of having a detection bar, if you are caught in the LoS you are detected, but could be overturned if you managed to hack the commsystems first and managed to kill the guy before he yelled or start shooting at you. Could add the detection bar in case you got augs or armor that had a stealth field.

As for full frontal assault builds just make a decent armor system where you take into consideration armor categories and limit the healing capabilities.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
It wouldn't work because you can't save during the combat and you're relatively fragile early on. The first healing items were The Witcher/New Vegas-like (heals only a small portion of health right now and the rest is done over a certain period of time), but they quickly give you the instant healing ones. They would have to either introduce save anywhere or rebalance the game completely from the scratch.

It not allowing you save during combat is part of what would make it super easy to limit health items, IMO. You wouldn't be able to quicksave mid-battle and screw yourself, you could always leave and stock up and come back, because you can load your last out of combat save. The game also keeps like 10 autosaves and three quicksaves in rotation, so really you'd never be screwed like that anyway.

You can't screw yourself as long as proper auto-saves exist. Enemies killing you in 1-2 shots would become extremely frustrating with combat builds when facing tens of enemies and would slow the pacing down to a crawl. I'm all for introducing limitations (both in quantity and quality of the health items), but fuck that console/arcade bullshit of having to replay the whole section all over again.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
It's like you've never played Call of Duty.

The thing is, the COD games I've played usually indicates when an enemy is invulnerable. You can shoot at a helicopter, but you're not going to down it with your pistol. Or you just don't have a gun, period.

CP2077: Here's a gun, here's some bad guys. Have fun watching the cutscene!

Danikas

Arcane
Wow ENXGMA's physics/systems comparisons between CP2077 and GTA5/4.... just wow. I know I said previously that it's a somewhat apples to oranges comparison but holy shit does this game get shat on from a great height on this particular thing.
Dude Rockstar spent a lot of dough developing that system nobody has anything like it and they dont sell it.

Gerrard

Arcane
It's like you've never played Call of Duty.

The thing is, the COD games I've played usually indicates when an enemy is invulnerable. You can shoot at a helicopter, but you're not going to down it with your pistol. Or you just don't have a gun, period.

CP2077: Here's a gun, here's some bad guys. Have fun watching the cutscene!
Last one I played was Black Ops 1 and it sure as hell did not. Or they use infinite spawns instead.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Wow ENXGMA's physics/systems comparisons between CP2077 and GTA5/4.... just wow. I know I said previously that it's a somewhat apples to oranges comparison but holy shit does this game get shat on from a great height on this particular thing.
Dude Rockstar spent a lot of dough developing that system nobody has anything like it and they dont sell it.
Ahhh nobody would have cared if it was good game,but it isn't really.

Anyone else impressed by how meaningless the levelling system is? There is like 100 skills you could spend perks in,but all of them are pretty much the same shit. Most of them are all about chose a weapon and do more damage with it. Only exceptions are hacking and crafting....and half of those trees are about do more damage with shit thing.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Getting some issue where the fps gets lower and lower the longer I play. Don't remember that happening before patch 1.05, but I may be wrong. I mean, I played it for like 8 hours straight before and it was still running ok.

Mandatory game restarts it is...

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Getting some issue where the fps gets lower and lower the longer I play. Don't remember that happening before patch 1.05, but I may be wrong. I mean, I played it for like 8 hours straight before and it was still running ok.

So they added a memory leak as feature,amazing :incline:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Last one I played was Black Ops 1 and it sure as hell did not. Or they use infinite spawns instead.

I haven't played any COD game past MW2. Do they still have infinitely spawning enemies until you reach certain map points?

Not as bad as unkillable enemies, but still pathetic.

Wow, I overestimated gamedev in 2020.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
8f4pz8olyr661.jpg

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Might be CPU/GPU temperature?

Anyone else impressed by how meaningless the levelling system is? There is like 100 skills you could spend perks in,but all of them are pretty much the same shit. Most of them are all about chose a weapon and do more damage with it. Only exceptions are hacking and crafting....and half of those trees are about do more damage with shit thing.

Partially true. Most starting Perks are slow percentage increases (that have multiple levels)*, but later on, you open up specific abilities that enable you to slow down time, reload and/or shoot during special moves, double jump, being unlockable, and so on.
*same as Fallout really. In fact, most of the Perks were lifted straight from it. Fallout was better though because it had more unique ones (although people overexaggerate it by a lot - it almost seems like people are thinking of Traits instead) and because they had to invent them in the first place.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Partially true. Most starting Perks are slow percentage increases (that have multiple levels)*, but later on, you open up specific abilities that enable you to slow down time, reload and/or shoot during special moves, double jump, being unlockable, and so on.
*same as Fallout really. In fact, most of the Perks were lifted straight from it. Fallout was better though because it had more unique ones (although people overexaggerate it by a lot - it almost seems like people are thinking of Traits instead) and because they had to invent them in the first place.
How is that partially true??? I said that they unlock things that make you kill people easy,not that they are just %update lol. 99% of skills are boring combat shit,it would have been better if they stream lined it and made 20-30 interesting perks than 5 different perks that do the same shit.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist

Not a chance. My cooling setup handles both going 100% just fine...

Steezus

Savant
Patron

I'm certain my performance got worse with 1.05. Certain spots like Jig Jig Street ran always at low 20s, but now I'm even getting sub 30 fps in the city at times. Shit got noticeably worse to the point where I just turned off RTX. Game runs obviously smooth now, but I do miss some RTX features after playing so long with them enabled. CPU utilization is also lower with 1.05 than it was with 1.04 while using the hex editor fix, which doesn't seem to work now.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
You cannot be serious.

I guess it depends on what kind of core gameplay you have a bias toward. These modern open world checklist games are all very similar, really. I haven't even played a ton of them but "enter setting, get main mission cutscene or side quest bare bones story setup, follow marker to location, do the combat type thing, press 'F' on the thing, go on to the next" is the basic formula for all of them. I much prefer stealth and pistols in first-person in a sci-fi setting to whacking dudes with a sword in third-person in a Tolkien homage setting, so this game does it for me more than the rest. While my preferences might incline me to see this as the better of these checklist games though, I really don't see an argument for it being worse than average. On PC anyway, the console versions seem to be completely fucked.

I wish it were a more crafted Deus Ex (or Witcher 2!) style experience with better RPG aspects, but once it was known to be open world I feel like it being... well, an open world game... was inevitable. I was hoping it would be open world Deus Ex 3 rather than Far Cry 3, and I think I mostly got that. It was never going to be what people here really wanted though.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Are MAX-TAC even in the game aside from that moment where they wreck some hobos in the prologue?

You see them once or twice in static locations, and they teleport in after you if there's a high enough bounty.

Don't expect anything cool.

Quillon

Arcane
There is a cringefest side mission with MAX-TAC in a clothing store, connected to the first cgi trailer of the game but cringefest nonetheless. Might be the worst piece of writing in the game.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom