Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of warcraft: Shadowlands announced

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik

Shitposter
The expansion at max level devolves into too much busy work. You have the daily covenant callings, the weekly covenant anima quest, then weekly torghast on both wings (layer 6 justifies getting a group for, not necessarily faster but less of a hassle to run it), the the weekly pvp quests, the weekly dungeon quests, the daily and weekly maw quests, the maw and world bosses events, mythic and now raid... Plus the mission table.

All that means that there's a lot of ways to get equipment for your character but due to RNG it also means that you can spend a week doing all that shit and not get much out of it.

Also, 2 weeks into this and I'm already tired of the dungeons, they are fast to run but not memorable at all.

that's how WoW always is that's why I play the first 2 weeks of an xpac, have fun exploring the new shit, then uninstall. as soon as they open the raid and mythic plus the skinner box rat race begins

J1M

Arcane
The expansion at max level devolves into too much busy work. You have the daily covenant callings, the weekly covenant anima quest, then weekly torghast on both wings (layer 6 justifies getting a group for, not necessarily faster but less of a hassle to run it), the the weekly pvp quests, the weekly dungeon quests, the daily and weekly maw quests, the maw and world bosses events, mythic and now raid... Plus the mission table.

All that means that there's a lot of ways to get equipment for your character but due to RNG it also means that you can spend a week doing all that shit and not get much out of it.

Also, 2 weeks into this and I'm already tired of the dungeons, they are fast to run but not memorable at all.
The idea is that you have 3 viable end-game progression paths. Of course it feels like too much to attempt all 3 of them at the same intensity.

Cromwell

Arcane
Started again, and played pandaria last. I'm levelling a char from the beginning starting with the bfa zone and its suprisingly fun. Also I can die again when adding mobs and am not able to kill elites alone.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Merry Christmas mog time!

unknown.png

Myobi

Liturgist
Rolled venthyr on my havock DH, how much of a shitty idea would it be to switch to night fae at this stage?

J1M

Arcane
Rolled venthyr on my havock DH, how much of a shitty idea would it be to switch to night fae at this stage?
You will be slightly behind for 2 weeks. There are catch up mechanisms.

Myobi

Liturgist
Feels like the ability is slightly better n table missions seem to be much easier, just dunno if its worth it.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I rolled a Vengeance Demon Hunter to tank for buddies, been enjoying the mythic dungeons. Only problem is that a lot of DPS does not kick or stun, and almost every other mob has an ability. Some mobs have two, one you can can ignore and one you absolutely need to kick. For example, in Necrotic Wake, some casters have a mean cast ability that reduces healing that stacks with each hit. Another example, also Necrotic Wake, there are two giant skeleton warriors that guard the end of a bridge, both of which have an AOE fear ability that they cast in tandem. Communication would solve the problem, but it is awkward getting PUGS into discord.

I thought I would be indifferent to Torghast, but it is silly in a good way. The anima powers keeps it interesting, such as the one that turns every jump into a heroic leap, metamorphosis increasing your size by 100%, near permanent immolation aura, etc. It is decent way to pass time with friends, especially while drinking.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I rolled a Vengeance Demon Hunter to tank for buddies, been enjoying the mythic dungeons. Only problem is that a lot of DPS does not kick or stun, and almost every other mob has an ability. Some mobs have two, one you can can ignore and one you absolutely need to kick. For example, in Necrotic Wake, some casters have a mean cast ability that reduces healing that stacks with each hit. Another example, also Necrotic Wake, there are two giant skeleton warriors that guard the end of a bridge, both of which have an AOE fear ability that they cast in tandem. Communication would solve the problem, but it is awkward getting PUGS into discord.

I thought I would be indifferent to Torghast, but it is silly in a good way. The anima powers keeps it interesting, such as the one that turns every jump into a heroic leap, metamorphosis increasing your size by 100%, near permanent immolation aura, etc. It is decent way to pass time with friends, especially while drinking.
I rolled two tanks this expansion, a vengeance demon hunter and later I converted my balance druid to guardian. Both are fine tanks but i think the druid has an advantage in terms of legendaries, got one from the raid finder where every time you cast barskin it casts a self healing regeneration and an armor buff at the start and at the end of the barskin, and a +30% dmg reduction, it's just ridiculous.

Tanking itself, the dungeons are very simple, and mythic is very straight forward with a couple exceptions, after doing up to +5 on all dungeon, necrotic wake first boss can be a pain on the ass due to people not wanting to clear enough and people not killing the grub adds fast enough or getting too close to them, also on necrotic wake the doctor boss still gives some pigs trouble because the dps stays too far out that they don't have time to get into position for the boss meat hook pull. Then there's the mists maze, but there's a weak aura for that.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron

I rolled two tanks this expansion, a vengeance demon hunter and later I converted my balance druid to guardian. Both are fine tanks but i think the druid has an advantage in terms of legendaries, got one from the raid finder where every time you cast barskin it casts a self healing regeneration and an armor buff at the start and at the end of the barskin, and a +30% dmg reduction, it's just ridiculous.

Tanking itself, the dungeons are very simple, and mythic is very straight forward with a couple exceptions, after doing up to +5 on all dungeon, necrotic wake first boss can be a pain on the ass due to people not wanting to clear enough and people not killing the grub adds fast enough or getting too close to them, also on necrotic wake the doctor boss still gives some pigs trouble because the dps stays too far out that they don't have time to get into position for the boss meat hook pull. Then there's the mists maze, but there's a weak aura for that.
I tanked paladin and death knight briefly last expansion. I enjoy the mobility and cooldown cycling of DH. The sigil for AOE grip/slow, aoe fear, and silence, are amazing. I am hoping Soulforge rotates in next week, so that I can obtain the Fiery Brand legendary and switch from a Soulbomb build to a Fiery Brand build. Have a AOE-spread -40% damage debuff almost every 30 seconds is wild.

I have only gone as high as 2+, but I am anxious for more. This is probably the most fun I have had with an expansion in a long time.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
both of which have an AOE fear ability that they cast in tandem. Communication would solve the problem, but it is awkward getting PUGS into discord.
Omg it's a slow cast, everyone kicks it. What level of key do you play at? Lol. Don't play with retarded guildies, just get people with good RIO.

I'm laughing at the idea of getting щт discord to coordinate kicks, it's that stupid. Reminds me of TBC raiding with a dumb cunt (female) raid leader who demanded everyone to be on Ventrillo, and then screeched at people with stupid obvious shit that nobody needed to hear, like "healers, heal!!!".

Last edited:
Shitposter
both of which have an AOE fear ability that they cast in tandem. Communication would solve the problem, but it is awkward getting PUGS into discord.
Omg it's a slow cast, everyone kicks it. What level of key do you play at? Lol. Don't play with retarded guildies, just get people with good RIO.

I'm laughing at the idea of getting щт discord to coordinate kicks, it's that stupid. Reminds me of TBC raiding with a dumb cunt (female) raid leader who demanded everyone to be on Ventrillo, and then screeched at people with stupid obvious shit that nobody needed to hear, like "healers, heal!!!".

wait, weren't you the retard who asked for dps help on a mage ffs?
18768.jpg

13858.jpg

OH SHIT VAMPIRE BATTLE

Fki5JqR.gif

Maculo

Arcane
Patron

I know, right? I died a little inside when I saw it go off.

I just started +keys, so relatively low level still. Once in a while I will get a group that barely kicks. I suspect it will get better once I can push into higher keys and/or find a guild.

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Poor warriors right now. I invite them only to make fun of them and then kick later. Love that WoW makes these meta mechanics possible.

8a56323509cf81569efb5e47f4d7c11b.png

But I don't want to be racist, so I sometimes do it to DKs who waited from the start.

ee26b99dd6e17c749a57ad721c4b3648.png

Last edited:
Shitposter
Poor warriors right now. I invite them only to make fun of them and then kick later. Love that WoW makes these meta mechanics possible.

8a56323509cf81569efb5e47f4d7c11b.png

But I don't want to be racist, so I sometimes do it to DKs who waited from the start.

ee26b99dd6e17c749a57ad721c4b3648.png

I would sometimes tank M+ and leave like 5 minutes into the run just to troll so it's nice to see this happening from the other side.
Merry Christmas!

jackofshadows

Magister
The usual pug mess. That's why you want to play with your guildmates/friends/highrionerds (where almost everyone knows everyone anyway) only.

The fact that someone cannot find group with no-meta class is fine, unfortunately, especially with all these rio addons nowadays. I experienced this with my shadow priest myself even if my dps is enough (not enough compare to meta mosters like fire mages anyway).

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Transferring real life hierarchies and cliques into the game, a thing you do for fun, is such a wonderful idea!

Caim

Arcane

So is she going to die, become the next Jailer/Lich Queen as punishment or will she have some kind of bullshit redemption?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom