Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Hey hey people, it's the SsethTzeentach thread

Drakron

Arcane
This is on game pass btw, going to give it a try myself and see if it's worth the purchase.

From what I seen, its not.

And I dont think the game changed much, the first game had issues but a lot were because the devs really wanted to make it a competitive multiplayer game so most of the missions were the basic type and very soon you seen all the possible variations, the sequel appears to be doing the same but it even removed mission types but cracked up the repetition to 11, there is a reason why there is a auto resolve but at start you have to suffer the exact same mission types over and over because you cannot just auto-resolve then.

Also everything that is in 2, is in 1 ... just more of it and I dont mean "better" ... I mean simply more systems, more crap to juggle and the devs already ditched 2, like they ditched 1 and like they ditched Stellar Impact.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
This is on game pass btw, going to give it a try myself and see if it's worth the purchase.

From what I seen, its not.

And I dont think the game changed much, the first game had issues but a lot were because the devs really wanted to make it a competitive multiplayer game so most of the missions were the basic type and very soon you seen all the possible variations, the sequel appears to be doing the same but it even removed mission types but cracked up the repetition to 11, there is a reason why there is a auto resolve but at start you have to suffer the exact same mission types over and over because you cannot just auto-resolve then.

Also everything that is in 2, is in 1 ... just more of it and I dont mean "better" ... I mean simply more systems, more crap to juggle and the devs already ditched 2, like they ditched 1 and like they ditched Stellar Impact.
I own both, and fwiw I finished the campaign of the first game (even though it was a bit repetetive) and gave up on the 2nd after trying each of the campaign races for 2-3 hours each.

In theory both rely heavily on skirmish matches, but the first one felt like it had a lot of story missions and you'd kit out each ship to suit different roles, and as they got damaged you'd make do with what you had for a battle or two. The second felt more like an infinite amount of procedurally generated skirmishes where your generic army clashes with their generic army.

Might be the campaign in 2 would not have grated so fast if I hadn't already played the first one for 30 hours but I really don't think the 2nd is obviously superior.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Discounts on GOG while on Steam there is this thing

ss_fac2cdf95ce2ee5afba13ffd597f5411e4d2c936.jpg
:hmmm:

Baron Dupek

Arcane

Max Damage

Savant
That's a great discount for 3 games, I remember checking out TDP years ago and having technical issues, going to give these a try later :dance:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom