Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

orcinator

Liturgist
So is it possible to defeat Oda with a shit build?
Trick question, there are no shit builds since the game is easy as fuck.

RIP throwing knives build.
Okay, one shit build (that can still be made workable if you have autism and can tolerate crafting 1000+ knives to constantly equip new ones)

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
aaaand with the camera hacking, phone tracking, remote arrests, double crossing, betrayals and violence everywhere, "sleeping dogs" manages to be more cyberpunk than cyberpunk.

Watchdogs Legion is 70% crap, but it actually has more realistic and interesting transhumanist ideas than Cyberpunk. Not that it's a high bar or anything.

Also, actual spiderdrones which are cool as fuck.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
aaaand with the camera hacking, phone tracking, remote arrests, double crossing, betrayals and violence everywhere, "sleeping dogs" manages to be more cyberpunk than cyberpunk.

Sleeping dogs is one of the most underrated sandbox games ever. It's worth a try just for the combat system. And it only cost like 2 bucks on Steam in every Sale.

DeepOcean

Arcane
So is it possible to defeat Oda with a shit build?
Trick question, there are no shit builds since the game is easy as fuck.
It was easy as fuck until this point for me, which is why I'm now stuck with a shitty build and shitty vanilla weapons
I destroyed 80% of his life with a single clip of a quasar pistol and some basic perks on tech weapons and revolvers, he is easy as fuck. You only need some basic perks to improve weapon damage and a decent blue weapon with more crit chance and crit damage. Just hack his eyes or use the slow motion power with a decent weapon.

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.

MUH BEAUTIFUL HALF-BREED! Mud Baby Ameri-mutt Master Race! This is the "hottie" that some people have been spunking over for 250+ pages. Also did you notice that both your 'hetero' romance options are with negros? Half-nagger Panam and half-nagger River Ward. MUCH SJW. SO PROGRESSIVE. MUCH WOW!

58c.png

Last edited:

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.

Profesional gaming journalism™ never disappoints. I guess that when you aren't capable of writing useful shit you are forced to make those trashy clickbaits articles in order to stay afloat.

Bbbbuuuubbbuu, bbbuuuu ,bbbbbuuuuuttt, didn't you read THIS LINE in the review?!!11? They are so enlightened and 'above' it all like every faggoty nu-male glory hole O-face soy manlet. How dare you! How very dare you... (literally shaking)

#6 Worst Problem w/ Cyberpunk according to NPC #343091 who wrote that article:

"6. It was clear years ago that it would have a low-brow sense of humor that routinely punched down, with rampant misogyny and transphobia, and the kind of vulgar and juvenile jokes that only seem “mature” to those weird middle school kids who like to carve naked women onto their school desks."

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
Bbbbuuuubbbuu, bbbuuuu ,bbbbbuuuuuttt, didn't you read THIS LINE in the review?!!11? They are so enlightened and 'above' it all like every faggoty nu-male glory hole O-face soy manlet. How dare you! How very dare you... (literally shaking)

#6 Worst Problem w/ Cyberpunk according to NPC #343091 who wrote that article:

"6. It was clear years ago that it would have a low-brow sense of humor that routinely punched down, with rampant misogyny and transphobia, and the kind of vulgar and juvenile jokes that only seem “mature” to those weird middle school kids who like to carve naked women onto their school desks."

Somewhere, there is an empty helicopter idling for this fellow and his one way ride.

Xeon

Augur
A talking vending machine wants me to move a dumpster, it seems the only way for me to move it is to up my body to 4, that kinda sucks, I tried to ram it and move it with a car but it didn't seem to move.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I just emptied a compound of enemies (15-20 of them) standing outside of it and using surveillance cameras and quickhacks.

It kinda felt cool(tm) to be able to, but are you supopsed to be able to quickhack through cameras? Can't remember if there was something about that at the beginning of the game.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
I just emptied a compound of enemies (15-20 of them) standing outside of it and using surveillance cameras and quickhacks.

It kinda felt cool(tm) to be able to, but are you supopsed to be able to quickhack through cameras? Can't remember if there was something about that at the beginning of the game.

You need to quickhack shit through CCTV in the heist mission, at least kinda.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
As I'm continuing with the story, the lack of overall direction is crazy. The opposition between the Witcher with Guns and GTA Clone is such that the former is directed at adults, the latter at the Far Cry crowd. How did anyone think this is a good idea, or they just said "Throw everything and the kitchen sink in there; button - content!".

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
A talking vending machine wants me to move a dumpster, it seems the only way for me to move it is to up my body to 4, that kinda sucks, I tried to ram it and move it with a car but it didn't seem to move.

I applaud your commitment to glass-cannonhood :)

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

Yeah it's in the tutorial, but it only passes by very quickly. I missed it myself, and only discovered it in-game by dint of, "Hey, I wonder if I can ...YESSS!" It's definitely the coolest and most cyberpunk combat thing about the game (BD analysis is the coolest non-combat cyberpunk thing).

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
As I'm continuing with the story, the lack of overall direction is crazy. The opposition between the Witcher with Guns and GTA Clone is such that the former is directed at adults, the latter at the Far Cry crowd. How did anyone think this is a good idea, or they just said "Throw everything and the kitchen sink in there; button - content!".

Yep, Witcher 3 kind of works with Open World + Focused Narrative. With CP2077 it all falls apart and the dissonance is impossible to ignore between the two separate games that are mashed together. Witcher 3 is improved vastly with mods to water down all the MMO bullshit design. I doubt mods will ever be able to fix the underlying schizophrenic design in this game.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

I doubt mods will ever be able to fix the underlying schizophrenic design in this game.

Modders:

Game:

5aa22d7456db5.image.jpg

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
I really, really like the glass cannon combination of Technical and Hacker. It certainly makes sense of all the crap that I OCD-edly pick up, and being able to open Technical doors is a nice extra. And the Tech boosted Satara shottie on full charge is a thing of beauty - though I hardly ever need to use it these days, as my Quickhacking is getting absurdly powerful, especially now that I've got several mk4 Cyberdecks of various kinds, where I can slot 7 or 8 quickhacks for various purposes. Basically one Contagion pretty much neutralizes a whole outpost now, if it's on-level.

Distract, call reinforcements, overload/exploding gas pump/tank is a rewarding multikill.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Yep, Witcher 3 kind of works with Open World + Focused Narrative. With CP2077 it all falls apart and the dissonance is impossible to ignore between the two separate games that are mashed together. Witcher 3 is improved vastly with mods to water down all the MMO bullshit design. I doubt mods will ever be able to fix the underlying schizophrenic design in this game.
I've been going on about the same thing for multiple posts now, but it keeps hitting me the more I play.

You can sell the idea of a long winded journey in a medieval fantasy setting, and you can space out the side content more, but when everything is happening in the same city and in a futuristic setting, AND your main character is a blank slate supposed to be characterised by his choices and interaction with the support cast of questgivers...

There are also the obvious - in my opinion - cuts. So far I've seen two instances where in the course of the main quest I am looking for a favor from a fixer. I can guess that this was intended to be one of multiple options, and that I was supposed to be developing my relationship with multiple fixers whose missions become available gradually. My estimation based on that leaked timeline of development was that these plans were dropped in April.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom