Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
I knew Kingdom Come: Deliverance was something special when the very first loading screen had a tip that said "Life is God's precious gift!".

It only got better and better from there.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
It is giving me The Witcher 3 vibes with the compass - I think the game would have benefited from not relying on the compass (but you would need to be given good directions).
I recommend the Hardcore Mode, which hides your character marker on the map, making you actually pay attention to your surroundings at the risk of getting lost. Even on the standard difficulty level it's nice that the game usually just gives you the general area the quest objective is located in, not the exact spot where you need to go. It's not perfect nor as good as being given actual directions, but it is definitely an improvement over most post-Oblivion open-world RPGs.

xuerebx

Erudite
Perhaps I might one day (try hardcore mode), but at the moment I suck too much at combat to even attempt it

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
answer seriously or i will start insulting you in czehc
It's a faithful recreation of a small region of Bohemia in the late middle ages. If that's not enough for you, I don't know what more do you want.

It also has a learn by doing system that can make you a melee fighter, archer, thief, a sneaky taffer.

It's also a bildungsroman of a young white heterosexual man - literally no one is brave enough to make this kind of game any more.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
You can knock out a grown man with the back hooves of your horse while being drunk on booze and medieval potions, after just having sex with a gorgeous woman.

If this doesn't sell you, I don't know what does.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
KCD has heart. It has soul. If KCD sang the Blues, you'd want to listen.

It's a (very) flawed gem but a gem nonetheless. It's got likeable characters and a setting that'll make any decent person feel right at home. It's also more ambitious than one might think and does some very cool things that you won't see in any AAA action RPG. Even with all of its rough edges it's a beautiful thing to behold in these dark times.

GrainWetski

Arcane
REDPIL ME ON

buying this discounted
Germans
Redpill me on Germans.
1596383347631.jpg

xuerebx

Erudite
Having a blast with this game. It's the FIRST ever game where I am truly living with my choices and consequences e.g I've enrolled in 3 tournaments and lost in each in the first round - and I didn't reload.

And I've only encountered one bug up till now (can't complete Lost in Translation quest because the Cuman captive just disappeared from captivity)

Jrpgfan

Erudite
there's a dlc where you play as a woman and it's pretty good

hivemind's back on board, guys...

You can also play as a mercenary in a mercenary company. That might appeal to someone like hivemind who has more than 1k hours in Battle Brothers.

I don't know what was the overall reception of that DLC over here but I enjoyed it so much I kept reloading in the last fight until I managed to keep everyone alive.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Started in Hardcore Mode because I'm no fucking casual.
Finish the hunt with Hans, ride all the was to Neuhof, run to the bandit in the forst, accidentally get fucking stabbed to the death by him. Last Hardcore save: When I slept at the camp for the hunt.

:rage:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom