Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ninja Destroyer is correct - Strange Brigade is good fun solo, even better in co-op. The same can be said for Zombie Army Trilogy, in fact I like Zombie Army even better.
Both games are published by Rebellion, which means they are insultingly overpriced at list, but they do insanely deep sales.
Huge value for your $ on sale.
Full endorsement for Zombie Army Trilogy. Surprisingly the zombie spinoff games did something that Sniper Elite has always been lowkey best at - one where you set up the warzone with traps and utilities to deal with inevitable face to face encounters. Sniper Elite 2 and 3 suffered from too much point n click sniping, but 4's superior level design and Zombie Army games legit felt like pure arcadey survival fun where it plays best when everything clicks.

Strange Brigade, sadly I'm not a fan, game felt a bit too safe, didn't find much replayability compared to ZAT. But if you have spare cents for a fast paced game then why not. Not like we have that many adventurous Indiana Jones-ish shooters outside of maybe Deadfall Adventures.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is there any racing games where you race yourself, but also have to manage things like in Football Manager? Maybe some hidden title or something, mostly I find seem to focus on only the actual racing.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is there any racing games where you race yourself, but also have to manage things like in Football Manager? Maybe some hidden title or something, mostly I find seem to focus on only the actual racing.
F1 2020 has an very in-depth career mode if that's what you're talking about. You own a team, you manage schedules for various activities, manage financial and technical development, making deals with sponsors, answer post race interviews and so on. It operates like a usual career mode in FIFA or Pro Evolution Soccer, and while some aspects can be a bit shallow (like the rivalry system or dialogue choices in interviews) the career mode as a whole feels really immersive and well thought out.

Last edited:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Strange Brigade, sadly I'm not a fan, game felt a bit too safe, didn't find much replayability compared to ZAT. But if you have spare cents for a fast paced game then why not. Not like we have that many adventurous Indiana Jones-ish shooters outside of maybe Deadfall Adventures.
I think SB excels in co-op, especially if you play "coopetitively" i.e. you are racing your friends to grab all the gold but still working together to fight the enemies.
Solo, the main game loses some oomph for sure ... try the horde mode though, some good challenge there I thought.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
My stuff is on sale, if you enjoy dungeoneering and would like something that doesn't follow the Wizardry/Dungeon Master template, it might be right up your alley.

Honest question: Can you make a living out of it?
Not unless you make it big or find your own niche. You can try, but I'd suggest doing it in your spare time and not abandoning your day job (at all, given the current circumstances).

duke nukem

Augur
I bought Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni Complete Edition from winter sales:

Its pretty fun action/hack-n slash game. Fun gameplay with bounching titties. Also has like 30 mins of dialog between gameplays and Manpukumaru-chan has more personality than all cp2077 characters combined.

Manpukumaru-chan <3.

Only thing i dont really like is maps where you have to play with Mana, because her attack moves are so weird.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Wolcen has horrible reviews and has had them for awhile, yet it keeps getting even more (negative) reviews and I guess people playing/buying? I don't understand it.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Wolcen has horrible reviews and has had them for awhile, yet it keeps getting even more (negative) reviews and I guess people playing/buying? I don't understand it.

Fans of Hack & Slash, who already played to death everything from Diablo to Grim Dawn and want something new dont have much other options. So probably even if its mediocre game its still good enough for them.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Hey, this game is getting overwhelmingly positive reviews even before it's out.
thinking.png

F19nmQp.png

And you see who is trying all these sort of deceptions by another game they linked in the description. It's PlayWay, in the guise of CreativeForge.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Hey, this game is getting overwhelmingly positive reviews even before it's out.
thinking.png

F19nmQp.png

And you see who is trying all these sort of deceptions by another game they linked in the description. It's PlayWay, in the guise of CreativeForge.

Can you pillage and rape entire villages with your orcbros? Emphasis on rape.

Is Desu EX: MD worth getting? It's peanuts so I might as well buy it.

Big fan of the original, played it on release. Didn't like HR all that much and never finished it.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is Desu EX: MD worth getting? It's peanuts so I might as well buy it.
I got bored with MD and didn't get very far, but it's not like it's super terrible. It's there, it's a game, if you're asking the question "should I" it's probably worth the $2 at this point to just try it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom