Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Learned
All BD segments and the story cutscenes could use a skip button in consequent runs.

maxresdefault.jpg

Doktor Best

Arcane
Aww, the romance sequence with Judy is really sweet, with quite an imaginative and beautiful preamble. My female character seems to have drifted into having a lesbian relationship with Judy without trying, the little minx.

Somebody mentioned Detroit: Being Human above. I didn't actually play that but I found myself intrigued by Christopher Odd's playthrough so I know it fairly well. It does seem to have good C&C but my god are the themes shallow and trite (or rather, treated shallowly and tritely) compared to this game's. Even though I don't think BDs and Engrams are actually possible, they're still a wonderful philosophical thought-experiment to play with.

Ontology V, ontology.

I had a hilarious bug where my character still had a revolver in her hand. Sure made the sex scene...interesting. Who knew V was that kinky. :lol:
Talked with a friend of my brother yesterday. He had an opposite bug during the Mealstorm mission - he pulled a gun on Royce, but for some reason had no guns in gun slots, which made his hand to be empty. So he threatened Royce with an empty hand. And then he chose an option to pull the trigger... killed the guy with an imaginary gun :)

Thats a feature not a bug you idiot. If your cool stat is high enough and you fingergun people they will die out of respect.

You guys moan about the lack of RPG elements but you cant even recognize those laid out in front of your eyes. SAD.

|NOVVAK|

Novice
I turned on raytracing and could barely tell the difference
I depends on a location. In some locations you can barely see the difference, in others a lot (Afterlife bar).
Yes. But. It's still halving my FPS even in the locations where I can't tell the difference.

Do you see the problem
That's why I have it turned off and only occasionally turned on. Good thing that turning rtx on/off is instant (it would be nice if you could bind it to a shortcut).

DeepOcean

Arcane
Every time I see an youtuber "reviewer" saying crafting is useless, just reaffirms my conviction that those "reviewer" youtubers must be chemically castrated for the good of humanity. You need crafting to...
My problem with this game is that all of this is useless even on very hard.
First you call reviewers retards for saying that crafting is useless. Then you proceed to explain how crafting is indeed useless because of level scaling. So wtf are you talking about?
Level scaling is only automatic for enemy health, armor and damage, your guns need to be upgraded to keep with your level and that involves crafting unless you are happy with only using blue quality weapons and keep replacing them with frequency what isnt viable to do with legendaries and legendaries unlock alot of op shit.

Zer0wing

Cipher
What does that tidbit of information and forced scene add to anything in any way?
Nothing. I thought that after "When Gravity Fails" novel the question of gender/species transitioning back and forward should be closed in the case of Cyberpunk. But nope, not for such adoring CP2020 fans as CDPR higher ups apparently.
Hell, even GTA: Vice City/Stories mocked them even before this game happened.

GrainWetski

Arcane
Then why the fuck you expected something grand from an open-world action game from the developers of the Witcher 3, surrounded by over-the-top marketing, while EVERY SINGLE TRAILER was unimpressive as hell? every single tidbit of information about it was signaling a mediocrity at best and a pure clusterfuck disaster at worst.

I thought Codex was the place were anyone knew better.

I don’t get why you decided to bring up bugs. I’ve already written in this very thread that they have little to do with this game’s actual problems. The development cycle hell, poor choices here and there — it all has nothing to do with the fact that the very design philosophy behind this title cannot at any rate result in a gem, even in the best-case scenario.
They only spent 80% of the marketing appealing to Youtubers and trannies. How could anyone possibly have known this game would be shit?

Or if you're an immersive sim patrician that has literally nothing else to play except Prey, Dishonored, System Shock, Thief or Deus Ex for the hundred and fiftieth time. Not saying it's better than any of those but I did enjoy playing something new for once.
Are you people on some crusade to water down that 'genre' so much that every game ever made fits in there?

Whatever makes you able to still pretend this game is anywhere near good, I guess.

Gargaune

Magister
They're being sued. It started guys, grab the popcorn.
Or not.

Interesting how complete clusterfuck games like Anthem, Fallout 76 etc do not end up in lawsuits. Cyberpunk sold 13mil right? Regardless of bugs that seems pretty much like success.

Its almost like the "Establishment" wants to take an opportunity to kick the shit out of CDPR while they are down.
Zenimax was privately owned during that debacle, so no scammed investors, just consumers. And Anthem looked like a regular flop.
I assume we may have a few hints at insider trade here with CP77, or in other words, some of the owners may have profited a lot from the drop in stock price, which poses a few questions worth asking.

Well its not just the law suits, its the complete rabid dog-piling from pretty much everyone, media/YT/gamers/normies. I in fact would love to see the people in charge of decision making at CDPR, the ones who fucked the game during the previous 8 years, get raked over the coals. Alas I fear that is unlikely to happen.

The pile-on from the Sony centric games media/Resetera against CDPR has been disgusting to watch. It started a while back with prominent ratman Jason Schrier crying very selectively about "crunch" at CDPR . Sadly CDPR manageme dropped the ball and we have to watch these worms go to town feverishly deconstructing CDPR with the same ferocity they fellate Naughty Dog with.
Yeah, that's one of the thing that irritates me as well, the deck is so obviously stacked against CDPR that it makes me wanna cut them a bit of slack. Probably the worst is when people defecate No Man's Sky comparisons and argue that "not even that one got pulled from the Playstation Store." It's like, hey genius, Sony partially funded No Man's Sky, of course they didn't boot it from the store. It wasn't just "a" fuckup, it was their fuckup.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom