Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

OctavianRomulus

Learned
I found something I genuinely like about the game and it's something you don't hear often. The traversal mechanics are great and if it looks like you could climb something you can probably do. I love this. It reminds me of games like Thief. You even get rewarded for it often.

For example, there is this mission where you have to infiltrate an Arasaka warehouse and there are multiple ways to get inside and the game doesn't tell you how and you have to figure it out on your own. There was a construction site nearby, I went up a few floors and then jumped beyond the Arasaka wall. I then sneaked by the guards and got to my objective. I'm sure there are other ways to get in too. It was pretty great and felt a lot like Deus Ex. That is until you see how retarded the AI is. You can just stay in their cone of vision for like 4 seconds unironically and they won't react until it's full. It seems those fancy implants make people dumber instead of smarter.

I'm pretty sure the game would have been great if it was just smaller and more dense.

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.

It is already fixed, why do so many Codexers post long YT videos w/ absolutely no context, not even a one liner, about what is the content of the video? It basically screams- "lOoK aT hOw cLeVer I aM, posting this awesome 20 min video that nobody gives a fuck about except me because surely you will want to waste your time watching the retarded crap my room temp IQ brain finds interesting".

It is a disturbing trend I'm seeing here along with the reddit fags constantly linking to reddit threads/gifs/etc. Did IQs drop precipitously on the Codex recently? STOP POSTING stupid ass video links w/o context and with shit tier hot takes from YT nobodies.

tl;dr for people that can't be arsed to watch all the dumb ass vids people link to here. Random YT nobody whining about 8MB save corruption which is already fixed anyways.

p.s. I think as a Public Service I may just start posting one-liner piss takes under these videos summarizing whatever stupid shit is in them in the hopes that enough public shaming will discourage this mid-wit brainlet tier behavior.

Turjan

Arcane
I found something I genuinely like about the game and it's something you don't hear often. The traversal mechanics are great and if it looks like you could climb something you can probably do. I love this. It reminds me of games like Thief. You even get rewarded for it often.

For example, there is this mission where you have to infiltrate an Arasaka warehouse and there are multiple ways to get inside and the game doesn't tell you how and you have to figure it out on your own. There was a construction site nearby, I went up a few floors and then jumped beyond the Arasaka wall. I then sneaked by the guards and got to my objective. I'm sure there are other ways to get in too. It was pretty great and felt a lot like Deus Ex. That is until you see how retarded the AI is. You can just stay in their cone of vision for like 4 seconds unironically and they won't react until it's full. It seems those fancy implants make people dumber instead of smarter.

I'm pretty sure the game would have been great if it was just smaller and more dense.
Some of this is trivialized later in game. I was in Heywood last session and cleared out the "Organized Crime" location there. As the area is crawling with Valentinos, I also sniped one of them who showed in a window closeby. On approaching that buidling, I got a fixer job to steal something. With double jump V could jump through that upper floor window where he had just shot that guard. Turns out that was the room the whole infiltration section was supposed to lead to. While it's cool you can do that, I'm not sure about missing out on the whole infiltration job and complete the mission in a minute.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I turned on raytracing and could barely tell the difference

Main reason I see a big difference with reflections is because the normal SSR implementation is pretty grainy. Also there are so many reflections you see them vanish and reappear a lot when moving the camera around. I'm still using SSR because I don't want to halve my framerate, but I do wish I could use RT reflections just for that reason. The quality of the reflections aren't anywhere near different enough for me to care though, I agree on that. Maybe on big bodies of water sometimes.

compvet24

Educated
I swear there is about like 20 or so guns in the game. Rest are just reskins with different PAYDAY2 decals. I've had quite a bit of fun with the game anyways. I was surprised by the quality of the ACT 1: Prologue, Jackie was a neat character that grew on me after a while.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I swear there is about like 20 or so guns in the game. Rest are just reskins with different PAYDAY2 decals.

This is literally true, they all have brand/model names at the top and everything else is just their "condition" (stats). Find the weapon models you like and just upgrade them or swap them out for a higher quality one when you find it. For me it's the overture model revolver and the pump shotgun I forget the name of.

Turjan

Arcane
Looks like Panam has a 115,000 eddies price tag. That's what the free car you get if you betray her to Saul costs.

Turjan

Arcane
Nothing matters because after meeting Panam you can then get Bugatti Veyron for free. Nice trolling of people who bought a car :lol:
I still think the other one is the better car (you get lots of cars for free, anyway). Much better handling, which I know from a version that was used in a quest and I continued using for a while afterwards. And you always get that Caliburn.

Yosharian

Arcane
I swear there is about like 20 or so guns in the game. Rest are just reskins with different PAYDAY2 decals. I've had quite a bit of fun with the game anyways. I was surprised by the quality of the ACT 1: Prologue, Jackie was a neat character that grew on me after a while.
Hot take: when Jackie
dies
the game becomes a lot less interesting from a story perspective, for me. I actually shed a manly tear for my bro. I was pretty much bored by everything that happened after that (played up to halfway thru act 2 before I uninstalled).

Maybe it picks up afterwards...?

Turjan

Arcane
Hot take: when Jackie
dies
the game becomes a lot less interesting from a story perspective, for me. I actually shed a manly tear for my bro. I was pretty much bored by everything that happened after that (played up to halfway thru act 2 before I uninstalled).

Maybe it picks up afterwards...?
I think Jackie is exactly impactful because of what you hid in spoilers. You only have memories of having a close friendship. The weird thing in Act2 is that every aspect takes place on its own planet. I did that Panam quest line early, ending in what the game claims to be some relationship (I think), but she won't interact with you or the other relationships that make up your life. Same with the River story arch: he also has this "best bro" potential, but after the arc is done, it's done. At the moment, I'm dealing with Judy, but that will be similar, I guess. I haven't had many dealings with Goro Takemura yet, except a meeting at a food place, and he's been waiting at the docks for weeks now. I guess his popularity comes from people grasping for straws.

I have the same feeling when I go to the bars in this game. Everyone on the pic is their own planet. No interaction.
yXSuYEE.jpg

Last edited:

DeepOcean

Arcane
In fact this game should be a breeze to do a 'no perk' run.
Invest no perk, just grab the latest blue weapon that dropped from the dumpster and is on your level, there you are, win the game, that is the magic of level scaling for you. The difference between a no optimized build and a super optimized build is that instead of taking 2 mins to kill them, you will take 45 seconds. This shit trivializes the whole progression mechanic from the game that is already really limited to begin with.

It is so obvious they used the system they plan to use on their microtransaction trap of a MMO on the single player version to not have to design two different systems.

Turjan

Arcane
In fact this game should be a breeze to do a 'no perk' run.
Invest no perk, just grab the latest blue weapon that dropped from the dumpster and is on your level, there you are, win the game, that is the magic of level scaling for you. The difference between a no optimized build and a super optimized build is that instead of taking 2 mins to kill them, you will take 45 seconds. This shit trivializes the whole progression mechanic from the game that is already really limited to begin with.

It is so obvious they used the system they plan to use on their microtransaction trap of a MMO on the single player version to not have to design two different systems.
I didn't try that specifically, but I can still use a melee weapon and simply clobber enemies to death, and that with Body 3 and no melee perks.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I didn't try that specifically, but I can still use a melee weapon and simply clobber enemies to death, and that with Body 3 and no melee perks.

The only perks are good for are stealth and hacking.

If you just go in and shoot/smash faces you literally need 0 combat perks and just use whatever equipment you have.

If you get hit by something hard you can just spam the potions. They are cheap and within the first 10 hours you probably already got 200 of them there is no reason to save them. At least Witcher 3 tried to limit potion spam through the toxicity mechanic however limited it is.

Because the AI is fucking dumb you can cheese and bait them one by one into a shotgun blast anyway.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Welp, finally finished it at about 60 hours. I still hold to my half-way estimation of just over 6/10 as it stands, probably around 8/10 if/when finished and polished.

Overall there's more good than bad, but only just; and while it has some real flashes of brilliance and deep immersion here and there in both story and virtual world realization, and even in some of the bread and butter gameplay, it's just too unfinished and wonky in too many areas to get a stellar score as it stands. Whether it ever will get the completion it deserves or whether CDPR will ultimately just patch up the worst bugs, call it a day and move on to the next game, is anybody's guess.

Watching in the credits the army of people who've been involved in one way or another, one can't help but reflect wistfully on what could have been. So close in many ways, yet so far ...

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.

Another awesome YT video full of incredibly interesting content. 26 seconds of my life I will never get back from you idiots making this comically long game thread just a little longer because let's go for 500 pages! Pro Tip- flipping a pistol around awkwardly & slowly while dropping a magazine can be done by a bike helmet wearing window licking paint chip eating 10 year old retard. I realize you've never touched a firearm in your life so wouldn't know this, but I'm here to help... <3 <3

Here is one I really like too, check it out, it reminds me of you Silent Youtube Linkers and that video in particular.

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
The only perks are good for are stealth and hacking.

If you just go in and shoot/smash faces you literally need 0 combat perks and just use whatever equipment you have.

If you get hit by something hard you can just spam the potions. They are cheap and within the first 10 hours you probably already got 200 of them there is no reason to save them. At least Witcher 3 tried to limit potion spam through the toxicity mechanic however limited it is.

I'd agree with this IF you health spam. Obviously the game allows you to so there's no real reason not to, but if you refrain from using health potions constantly then you can die pretty easily on hard difficulty if you're running around like an idiot. When my stealth chick gets caught she can die in one or two shots, and when my action man doesn't last a hell of a lot longer. However yeah, if you just keep mashing 'X' while fighting then you'll be invincible. First thing a rebalance mod should do is put those on a cooldown or something.

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
It's fun to play for what it is. I don't expect art house cinema from MCU capeshit, and I don't expect complex C&C or a bug free AAA multiplatform release from a publicly traded company.
As long as games like Disco, AoD and AtomRPG or fan mods like FO: Resurrection/Nevada/Sonoma exist, I'm happy enough. Nu-Obsidian and Bethesda can suck a dick though.

With the Tune Up perk, an option to bulk convert would be nice. I think I had over 10K in common parts. And a confirm dialogue if trashing Iconics.

Goro >> Jackie.

Gerrard

Arcane
They're being sued. It started guys, grab the popcorn.
Or not.

Interesting how complete clusterfuck games like Anthem, Fallout 76 etc do not end up in lawsuits. Cyberpunk sold 13mil right? Regardless of bugs that seems pretty much like success.

Its almost like the "Establishment" wants to take an opportunity to kick the shit out of CDPR while they are down.
Yeah dude, looks like a success.

rjj9dQ4.png

Hellion

Arcane
The stock will bounce back, as it did back when the game was originally delayed in the spring. Its sales are a more concrete indication of its success or failure, and 13+ million units, even on just the PC, is by no means a number that indicates a failed game.

Gerrard

Arcane
The stock will bounce back, as it did back when the game was originally delayed in the spring. Its sales are a more concrete indication of its success or failure, and 13+ million units, even on just the PC, is by no means a number that indicates a failed game.
The stock did not drop because the game was delayed in spring. That was a market crash.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The stock did not drop because the game was delayed in spring. That was a market crash.

Nah it will recover. Whether to the high before CP2077 is another question tho.

Right now investor confidence in the company is understandably low. After much delays, the game still runs like shit on 2 main consoles (and you don't really expect people to adopt PS 5 or XBONE X fast until late Q2 next year I presume) to the point that digital storefront delisting your product.

This also means that for the whole year CDP has been "This time for sure it's ready and it will run great on last-gen console! Don't worry it's all guchi" for it to blow up in their and investors' face. Right now I think some of the investors is making class action lawsuit as well because it seems CDP management are not clearly informing the state of the game (https://www.resetera.com/threads/ro...action-lawsuit-against-cd-projekt-s-a.350260/).

While TW 2 and 3 launch has been mired with bugs it was not to the point that the game being delisted in major digital storefront (Playstation) and basically have your product unconditionally accepted for a refund because it runs like shit and is a buggy mess on both consoles. This is even worse for CDP which is infamous for its long dev cycle. Up to TW 3 people and investor are willing to wait for the big "payout" namely a good game (and good sales for the investors). Cyberpunk fuck all that confidence into oblivion and it is questionable that this practice will be tolerable in the future.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom