Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware So, Clash Royale.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Anyone playing it?
I started a week ago, quite fun and addictive, any comment?

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
It will seem okay at the beginning. It will get worse the more you play, around level 6 is when the game goes to shit.

Humanophage

Arcane
I played it a bit on the tablet. It is pretty entertaining in that both deck-building and controls matter at a fine level (e.g., a lighter unit can push a heavier unit to move faster, a chain of units can change the trajectory of enemy units, etc.) It's satisfying to defeat people above your level. My main issue was getting headache from staring at smaller screens. It is also annoying that there are too many rewards for things like dailies and clan membership as opposed to winning.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Just to let you know guys, I got 4.000 cups my first month playing this, no money spent.
Admittedly my king level, eight, is a bit lower than it should be because I stopped leveling every card and began to careful choose which one level up, I must have at least twenty cards ready that I left to rot, so my king level is surely nine.
In hindsight that would be a sneaky way to progress, level up all the cards you care about and at the same time keep your king level low.

Norfleet

It is also annoying that there are too many rewards for things like dailies and clan membership as opposed to winning.
Giving too many rewards for winning is a long-term design problem, since it means those who are winning will pull further ahead of those who are not. This becomes especially exaggerated if the gameplay does not support a low/high mix and higher-level players primarily contend with themselves and ignore the lower-level ones. The challenge is in a reward scheme that incentivizes winning without creating a widening gap.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
I’ve been playing this since 2016 and probably have put more hours into it than any other game I’ve played.

Currently at #5,321 place in the world in Ultimate Champion.
:prosper:

Myobi

Liturgist
I've always wondered how people here get titles such as "Dumbfuck!" and "Sad Loser", I guess now I know.

Justinian

Arcane
Developer
No, I play Tiny Heroes 2 on Steam because playing games on phones/tables is for peasants, and 1 mobile style attention hog game full of microtransactions is enough.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
IMG_0683.jpeg

Myobi

Liturgist
As I said, no need to further prove my point. We understand already.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom