Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry Long Live Wizardry! (And The All-New Games By Ex-Wizardry Developers) - UPDATED: MARCH/07/2016

Dorarnae

Arbiter
Thanks for the gameplay Dorarnae (drpg 4ever). Do you create your party members in Galleria? Wondering if it's different from the monster recruitment style of the first game.
it's similar to the first game, you select the class for the doll you create and choose it's stats growth, I unlocked the mage class recently but looking at the selection for weapon type I think there'll be a few more class...what seem to be different are the skill you learn, on the status screen of your character you have a number of points and you can turn on/off the skills you've learned.
in the previous game you could transfert some skill when you changed class but you were limited to 7-8 I think and it was kinda a pain. I get the feeling in this one they'll keep all the skill but can only activate a certain numbers of them depending on how many points you have and how much they cost...

Twizman

Scholar
Hi Dorarnae any further updates on how the game is going? Watching your latest gameplay upload (with the big red blob boss monster) it looked like you were mostly attacking with the party - is there magic or other skills that are important in battles?

Dorarnae

Arbiter
Hi Dorarnae any further updates on how the game is going? Watching your latest gameplay upload (with the big red blob boss monster) it looked like you were mostly attacking with the party - is there magic or other skills that are important in battles?

It's pretty much like the first game, coven gives some different skill(heal, buff etc..). I'd say so far I kinda have mix feeling with the game for now, the gameplay is an improvment, the exploration with the water and other different thing they added is really nice but I feel like I've been in the same two dungeon for about 20-25 hours, maybe lack a lil bit of variety there, or at least they could of changed the music or something the deeper you go in those dungeon.

Twizman

Scholar
So Wizardry 1 on WonderSwan Color right on time for the Christmas holidays. Wonder how it compares to the other versions. I'm impressed from the gameplay trailer.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
I think I might start a screenshot or actual LP in the upcoming year of Busin 0 Wizardry Alterate Neo.

Translations are coming along nicely, but still arre a pain in the ass though, because it sure feels like that the second game ramped up the conversations, A LOT.

Dorarnae

Arbiter
still playing Labyrinth of Galleria. still kinda mix feeling, I started to reincarnate my doll, so now they have higher stat but also more points to allocate into passive and they keep all their previous passive too, probably get crazy later with all the passive you can choose, but this seems really fun, there's also 2 set of facet, not sure if they have the same skill or not but lots of stuff to play around with characters. main issue are with the dungeon/monster variety I guess, I just did a 120 ish floor dungeon that is randomly generated(which isn't too fun) and now I have to do another one about the same size. the first two dungeon had great design, though you spend way too much time in it and with the lack of variety of monster/music....

the mechanics are there and are great but saddly I feel there are some problem that really doesn't help the game. I hope I'll have some impressive looking boss later, it's been disapointing so far.

d1r

Patron
Shitposting in Busin 0

Screenshot-3609.png

Dorarnae

Arbiter
heh nice and yeah some quest have deadlines, one quest in particular in the beginning(second dungeon) which give one of the best AA in the entire game. first time I played I missed it but second time I did it and it made the game much easier.

d1r

Patron
heh nice and yeah some quest have deadlines, one quest in particular in the beginning(second dungeon) which give one of the best AA in the entire game. first time I played I missed it but second time I did it and it made the game much easier.

Yupp. The AA was called End Lash in Forsaken Lands and was pretty strong. Same in this game, but you get it way earlier, and it's an absolute life saver for the early maps. Especially because you can level up the AA's now too, and a fully leveled up End Lash performed by two team members who are compatible with each + have high trust is absolutely devastating. And if you have a monk perform End Lash, it can kill undead as well at a higher level. The quest can be pretty annoying though, since the the bulletin board only hints at a certain gameplay pattern. But then again, you get this strong AA. So, its a fair trade.

Bulletin board messages about this quest:

7. Anyone been playing Rock, Paper and Scissors?

Hey, has anyone gone to that place to play Rock, Paper and Scissors with that one guy?

I've been doing this for a while now… And just I can't win! And if you lose, you get sent back to the town via the RIPPU spell.

From now on, when I want to go back to the city, I'll go to Jankenman, because I am sure I'll lose again anyway…

,Yusu

The Rock-paper-scissors man's habits

I've been there a few times and his luck is unreal.

But there is one thing that bothers me. His way of saying 'janken' (rock-paper- scissors) is always a bit strange.

His voice is a bit gravelly. And the way he says it and the way he plays it seem to have become a pattern. If you can spot the trick behind his speech pattern, then you might win for real!

,Ordi

Last edited:

NerevarineKing

Learned
I recently beat Elminage Original and really liked it. My main complaints are that some of the dungeons felt barren and the mid-game got a bit repetitive. I might do some class changes and try out the post-game at some point. Overall, it was a pretty fun blobber.

I went ahead and started Elminage Gothic and already I'm enjoying it more. The Ex skills are a cool addition and I'm digging the darker atmosphere of the dungeons. Also, the PC port is so much better.

Also for some background, I have played Wizardry 6 and 8 and am currently playing 1 on and off. So, I was already somewhat familiar with the Wiz formula.

d1r

Patron
Another great reason to start Busin 0!

Main game, side quest, and some other translations are almost finished. The guide might take one or two months to create. I will have to replay the game for some stuff that I might have missed out. Besides that, there is a fucking exra dungeon after the main quest, that seems to be randomly generated and huge. No idea how long this one will take.

Zerth

Arbiter
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I haven't played wizardry before, so I thought to give It a chance to the first title.

However, I'm torn between MSDOS and NES. Have to admit I'm partial to the NES version tho.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Take the NES version, the Dos version is buggy when it comes to levelling up your chars

Deflowerer

Arcane
I think NES version is fucked, iirc AC doesn't work at all.

Best to play SNES or PS1 version, easier to also export characters I think.

I prefer the PC-98 version myself though.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Funny how many of these ports had major bugs that had quite an impact on how a game would have been perceived. Not that it would have stopped me as a kid, played through Dos Captive and only found out years later that the EXP was bugged and you leveled far slower than in the original Amiga version

Dorarnae

Arbiter
I think NES version is fucked, iirc AC doesn't work at all.

Best to play SNES or PS1 version, easier to also export characters I think.

I prefer the PC-98 version myself though.

this explain why when I saw Itachan on youtube all his character had 10 AC even his fighter...

Zerth

Arbiter
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Here's proof the ROMHACK actually works. Check party's AC values too.

trWFmCt.png

Still, got two fighters one-shotted in a couple occasions, I should've allotted more points on my frontliners's VIT a bit more. Yet since I want to eventually change those fighters classes into Lords and a samurai later, I thought improving their worse stats would make a bit easier to reach the min requirements as they lvl up.

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
No PC fix? (Which i didn't know was broken). It was a little bit of a slog but no disk access so meh. C64 was slow.

LongSchlongJohn

Barely Literate
I am playing through the Gaiden games and I was wondering if anyone has recommendations on party building. I have played 1 and 2 with the following party:
2 Dwarf Samurai
1 Dwarf Priest
1 Hobit Ninja
1 Elf Bishop
1 Elf Mage

Which party members should I consider replacing with the new classes and races introduced in 3? Ideally I'd like to carry over my party from Gaiden 3 all the way through Dimguil.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom