Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

they're assuming CDPR will do to Cyberpunk what they did with Witcher 3 and 2. It's a long shot that's for sure. I would've assumed CDPR already moved their resources to multiplayer like they said they were going to originally. The shakey release might have changed things though but you can feel that there's pressure on CDPR from the industry to release a multiplayer title (likely at the expense of their customers, quality and reputation).
Yeah this is the fate of any company that grows so large.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Because coporations aren't like that. They own everything. They own masses minds with media spitting narrative useful for corporatios and those who above them. They spitted lie about covid for example, and everything worked. GMO, G5, globull warming, total espionage and absolute lack of privacy - they did everything

Also
you do not get immortal by making an "engram" of your "soul" into some SSD or whatever, that is just a copy of your brain (if anything), not "you"

These things would annoy me normally, but CP2077 is based on a universe created during a time when people had a vague understanding of how computers worked and thought of cyberspace as some sort of another dimension where magic happens, so i water down my expectations there and try to accept the universe as it is presented - basically more like TRON and less like Ghost in the Shell.

(though i'd really love a game that tried to be modern cyberpunk - ie. tried to imagine how the next ~50 years would be starting with modern tech and having all the fears people have about it become reality)

and there was no (and won't be) "rebellious heroes" that could assault some Google Tower gun blazing and fix everything.

FWIW
Johnny's assault fixed nothing and the pointlessness of it is something V and other characters bring up several times during the game

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
So, now I am 150+ hours into the game, in just one playthrough (don't judge me, I like to do everything, roam around to explore the city and I don't fast travel) and sometimes I just feel depressed about the lack of reactivity.

I mean, how the hell they completely screwed reactivity in this game? Everything, literally everything. There is no reaction to player actions at all! Simple things:

- I like the design and painting of Wraiths cars, so I often steal it. I can go anywhere with it, people are just fine and no panic at all. I can drive it to Aldecados Camp and they are fine.

- In the same topic: I can steal a police car and drive to any gang. No reaction at all. They will not be alerted.

- Another thing in stealth: I was infiltrating into a Wraith camp, a concrete factory, in the middle of the night. Suddenly I decided to use force and rip a fucking gate with my bare hands. Despite being a complete silence in the night, and have enemies literally 3m away from me, they didn't hear anything at all. Zero. Nothing.

What the hell, CDPR??? WHAT THE HELL?

:negative:

You were expecting a GTA and it was never going to be a GTA.

Quillon

Arcane
this fucking guy

5jSADlO.jpg

keeps showing up sometimes, following me ever since I saved him after the massacre at his house. I was going to one of Claire's races and listering to never fade away on the radio, checked the passenger seat if johnny was there for some reason and I see this guy, fucking gave me a scare :P

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
So, now I am 150+ hours into the game, in just one playthrough (don't judge me, I like to do everything, roam around to explore the city and I don't fast travel) and sometimes I just feel depressed about the lack of reactivity.

I mean, how the hell they completely screwed reactivity in this game? Everything, literally everything. There is no reaction to player actions at all! Simple things:

- I like the design and painting of Wraiths cars, so I often steal it. I can go anywhere with it, people are just fine and no panic at all. I can drive it to Aldecados Camp and they are fine.

- In the same topic: I can steal a police car and drive to any gang. No reaction at all. They will not be alerted.

- Another thing in stealth: I was infiltrating into a Wraith camp, a concrete factory, in the middle of the night. Suddenly I decided to use force and rip a fucking gate with my bare hands. Despite being a complete silence in the night, and have enemies literally 3m away from me, they didn't hear anything at all. Zero. Nothing.

What the hell, CDPR??? WHAT THE HELL?

:negative:

You were expecting a GTA and it was never going to be a GTA.

Was I? I never played GTA. Its just common sense.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
This one also needs 20 street cred and can be found in City Center, at the back of the "Empathy" club (conveniently at the exact spot where you can do the related gig), behind Arasaka Tower.

I've been riding the ARCH Nazaré "Itsumade" bike you get for free, but they are all quite nice. You can turn them on the spot actually (don't forget to brake).
Thanks, bro! I'll check 'em out, see which drives better. The big issue I've had with the starting vehicles isn't that they're hard to steer at speed, it's that they have no turn range even when setting off.

You'll like Scorpion's bike (Apollo) that you get as a reward in one of the Panam quests then. It's the smoothest-handling of all the bikes IMHO, super-tight turning circle, great for setting off and while driving through the cramped parts of the city, but a bit slower than either the Arche Nazare or the Kusanagi. I love the Kusanagi's speed and style but it's a bit unwieldy. The Arche Nazare is sort of inbetween, solid all-rounder, and the best sound IMHO.

Versions of Spider's bike and the Arche Nazare are available to try out at some of the criminal hotspots in the starting area (China town), though those ones with the big backrest are more common (they're awful, slow and poor turning).

DeepOcean

Arcane
Lol every third post is ppl saying what'll be in some DLC or another. My dudes... the base game's been in dev for 8 years and this is what they could come up with. What makes you think your wishlist is going to make some DLC, were one was to even release at this point considering everything surrounding CDPR at the moment?
they're assuming CDPR will do to Cyberpunk what they did with Witcher 3 and 2. It's a long shot that's for sure. I would've assumed CDPR already moved their resources to multiplayer like they said they were going to originally. The shakey release might have changed things though but you can feel that there's pressure on CDPR from the industry to release a multiplayer title (likely at the expense of their customers, quality and reputation).
And I totally expect a microtransaction hellscape with no content and lots of grinding to fool people and keep them waiting for the rare drip fed content. Man, when they announced this game would have a multiplayer version, I was already suspicious but I had no idea that the single player version would be just a marketing demo for the multiplayer version. CDPR lied on this game more than Todd Howard lied on his entire career, that is an acomplishment.

I mean, when they announced Keanu Reeves was on the game, I thought, well, that is a plus, little I knew that Keanu Reeves was to promote the demo version of the real game that is the online version and the entire game was just a marketing stunt, that is news, before, you did marketing stunts and lied alot to promote a game, now, the game itself is a marketing stunt for another game. What I took from this mess is that it isnt worthy to even pirate CDPR games anymore, they will be just over marketed garbage with zero worthy content from now on the future. I mean, I pirated the Witcher and despite being terrible as a game, it had its redeemable qualities.

Tyrr

Liturgist
This one also needs 20 street cred and can be found in City Center, at the back of the "Empathy" club (conveniently at the exact spot where you can do the related gig), behind Arasaka Tower.

I've been riding the ARCH Nazaré "Itsumade" bike you get for free, but they are all quite nice. You can turn them on the spot actually (don't forget to brake).
Thanks, bro! I'll check 'em out, see which drives better. The big issue I've had with the starting vehicles isn't that they're hard to steer at speed, it's that they have no turn range even when setting off.

You'll like Scorpion's bike (Apollo) that you get as a reward in one of the Panam quests then. It's the smoothest-handling of all the bikes IMHO, super-tight turning circle, great for setting off and while driving through the cramped parts of the city, but a bit slower than either the Arche Nazare or the Kusanagi. I love the Kusanagi's speed and style but it's a bit unwieldy. The Arche Nazare is sort of inbetween, solid all-rounder, and the best sound IMHO.

Versions of Spider's bike and the Arche Nazare are available to try out at some of the criminal hotspots in the starting area (China town), though those ones with the big backrest are more common (they're awful, slow and poor turning).
Scorpion's bike is the best. It even has a trunk.

DeepOcean

Arcane
How is it naive ?

Because coporations aren't like that. They own everything. They own masses minds with media spitting narrative useful for corporatios and those who above them. They spitted lie about covid for example, and everything worked. GMO, G5, globull warming, total espionage and absolute lack of privacy - they did everything and there was no (and won't be) "rebellious heroes" that could assault some Google Tower gun blazing and fix everything.
Cyberpunk was a naive childish fary tale, that died log ago, which I stated in some previous post.
Even Gibson himself telling that.

Meanwhile you can look around and see real cyberpunk, if you have the eyes.
The reality is even worse than Cyberpunk, on Cyberpunk fantasy, there are still people willing to defy the system and you can get some refuge between the cracks in the system, in reality, with the way things are evolving, soon, tought police will be everywhere and your neighbour will be the one to denounce you for wrong thinking. Dont like SJW? You will lose your bank account and guess what? All money is digital, so good luck buying food. So, be a good boy, go on twitter say that you are against the system and like trannies while sucking the cock of Google and company like everybody else.

compvet24

Educated
I swear there is about like 20 or so guns in the game. Rest are just reskins with different PAYDAY2 decals. I've had quite a bit of fun with the game anyways. I was surprised by the quality of the ACT 1: Prologue, Jackie was a neat character that grew on me after a while.
Hot take: when Jackie
dies
the game becomes a lot less interesting from a story perspective, for me. I actually shed a manly tear for my bro. I was pretty much bored by everything that happened after that (played up to halfway thru act 2 before I uninstalled).

Maybe it picks up afterwards...?

Unfortunately not really. Nothing after the whole Jackie sequence put me in a point where I was thinking "fuck, this was actually good". I had false hope afterward instantly thinking that if this was just the prologue/ACT 1, its gotta keep on getting better. But I was wrong, it seemed as if this was the prime time spot in the story for this game where all the little pieces that the game does right comes together.

compvet24

Educated
Also, at this point if the whole Cyberpunk 2077 Online thing makes its way out for purchase, I do not think there will be as much hype or potential to overshadow this game. Anything they release with this brand name will be expected to be full of bugs and unpolished, it is stained no matter how you look at it. I am not doubting they will try though to create similar a marketing campaign for it as they did for this one.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I swear there is about like 20 or so guns in the game. Rest are just reskins with different PAYDAY2 decals. I've had quite a bit of fun with the game anyways. I was surprised by the quality of the ACT 1: Prologue, Jackie was a neat character that grew on me after a while.
Hot take: when Jackie
dies
the game becomes a lot less interesting from a story perspective, for me. I actually shed a manly tear for my bro. I was pretty much bored by everything that happened after that (played up to halfway thru act 2 before I uninstalled).

Maybe it picks up afterwards...?

Unfortunately not really. Nothing after the whole Jackie sequence put me in a point where I was thinking "fuck, this was actually good". I had false hope afterward instantly thinking that if this was just the prologue/ACT 1, its gotta keep on getting better. But I was wrong, it seemed as if this was the prime time spot in the story for this game where all the little pieces that the game does right comes together.

I think the Takemura relationship is just as good as the Jackie one. Especially
when he dies if you listen to Johnny's advice - you can actually save him at that point, but the game cleverly doesn't flag it, you have to discover that for yourself by ignoring Johnny, which you probably will do if you're invested in a character that's found Takemura to be a good friend.

If you do that he
helps you at the end if you choose to go with Hanako.

Speaking of the end,
I went the Hanako route with the character that's just completed the game. It's interesting that the final choice there is whether to be engrammed or go back to Earth and "die before Winter." That character was so sick of all the corporate and cyber crap that she chose to die with dignity as a human being, a very bittersweet ending. But I sense one of my other characters, if I get that far, will choose to be engrammed. That's actually the "winner's" move, because it's more or less a promise of immortality at some point in the future, and it's aligning with the "winners" of the world - the rich, the corpos, the Arasakas. My current character will probably go with Panam, if he gets that far - again, because he prefers human contact and human life, and the Nomad life.

Last edited:

compvet24

Educated
when he dies if you listen to Johnny's advice - you can actually save him at that point, but the game cleverly doesn't flag it, you have to discover that for yourself by ignoring Johnny, which you probably will do if you're invested in a character that's found Takemura to be a good friend.

You can save him at that point? That's actually pretty neat, kind of like saving Paul in Deus Ex. For the longest time I didn't know I could save him either.

Perkel

Arcane
Also, at this point if the whole Cyberpunk 2077 Online thing makes its way out for purchase, I do not think there will be as much hype or potential to overshadow this game. Anything they release with this brand name will be expected to be full of bugs and unpolished, it is stained no matter how you look at it. I am not doubting they will try though to create similar a marketing campaign for it as they did for this one.

Lol in 2-3 months no one will remember 77 launch and people will line up when it will come in a year or so. Already you can see that trolls are getting pushed away as no one listens them and people start to praise game.

It takes about 2-3 weeks for normies to finish their games which is about the time it took for public opinion to start to change. Even steam reviews went from mixed to mostly positive lately (200k reviews+)

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

You can save him at that point? That's actually pretty neat, kind of like saving Paul in Deus Ex. For the longest time I didn't know I could save him either.

Yep,
I didn't do it on the character that's just finished, but my current char probably will. I read that it's actually quite a tough fight to get the Arasaka elites off him and save him - juicy! :)

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
Combined with Peralez quest, that fucking song everyone humms but no one can actually remember the name of, and Mr. Blue Eyes watching you the whole game and being present in some of the endings, there is definitely some Deus Ex conspiracy going on. Future expansions hints?

1:41?

Yes! Doesn't it also play when you make all the important decisions?

Remember Sandra Dorsett the girl you rescue from scavs in the first mission? Later on you get a quest from her to retrieve her databank if you crack it you learn this:

cyberpunk2077screenshfsjxx.png

cyberpunk2077screenshmxjaz.png

Tldr. she found out that night corp is doing mind control experiments, you can find this shard in her house.

cyberpunk2077screenshimjxb.png

Also there is a curious milk bottle in peralez house:

9pzh3dllam761.png

So yeah sounds like the next dlc will be about mind control conspiracy.

JESUS still saves in 2077.

Starwars

Arcane
Can we have an analysis of the analysis videos too? I feel like we're not spending enough time watching other people analysing every single thing a million times over.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Can you go muddin'? Are there pickups & commercial trucks to rip the roads (and buildings)?

I recall these odd CD movies for win 98 I purchased on discount. Odd format but one was Ghost in a Shell and another was Dirty Pair. I think the other two were tank dominion or something. Didn't know much about anime at the time but the dystopian futures were a draw.

Just how big is this city or world? Is every building able to be explored?

edit..... oh. I guess an overview is given.
Cyberpunk 2077 map size
In terms of the Cyberpunk 2077 map size, no official figures have ever been released, only a statement from CD Projekt Red that it would be slightly smaller than The Witcher 3. Fan estimates from trailer guess work had sizes around GTA 5 Los Santos size, but from actually playing the game and measuring across the map it's actually approximately 11km tall and 10km wide, putting in a 100-110 square kilometer range, allowing for the rough in game measurements. That's also measuring the entire map, including the sparsely populated outskirts - the core playable area is probably a little over half that.

This is the full playable area of the Cyberpunk 2077 map. There are six city districts which we'll get to shortly, as well as the Badlands and outlying areas. The blue lines are roads which give a good indication of where you can actually go within this space. You'll see pretty much all the possible areas during the course of the game, with various missions taking you to all the major locations. Each area is self-sufficient in that you'll find a selection of all the vendors, services, fast travel points and so on that you need. So you can easily just camp out in an area for a while to explore and see what's there without having to worry about needing to go anywhere else for supplies.

The majority of your time will be spent in the city itself which is made up of six main districts divided up into sub-districts. Each area differs in style and look depending on its status. Some areas are run down, others wealthy and the people, shops and buildings will reflect that. There are also different gangs controlling most areas.

Each of these main districts is composed of additional sub districts and, again, can change in appearance as you move between them.

• Watson - Northside, Arasaka Waterfront, Little China
  • Westbrook - Japantown, North Oak, Charter Hill
  • City Center - Corpo Plaza, Downtown
  • Heywood - Wellsprings, The Glen
  • Santo Domingo - Arroyo, Rancho Coranado
  • Pacifica - Coastview, West Wind Estate

Fast travel points appear all over the map once you've found them meaning you can easily move between any area you've been to already, and where you've passed a fast travel point. They appear as small kiosks with a holographic map in the real world, and as blue markers on the map. You don't have to interact with them to unlock anything, they'll just be added as you explore and you'll be able to move freely around the areas you've visited in no time at all.

Does it seem that big though?

Last edited:

res11

Novice
Thorough analysis from Fudgemuppet of the differences between the game's promotional "gameplay" videos and the reality:-

Is there any actual proof that the inclusion of Keanu Reeves altered the whole design of the game or is it just some dumb meme that everyone is parroting?

Druid Ardun

Thorough analysis from Fudgemuppet of the differences between the game's promotional "gameplay" videos and the reality:-

Is there any actual proof that the inclusion of Keanu Reeves altered the whole design of the game or is it just some dumb meme that everyone is parroting?

Cyberpunk was announced in 2012 and Keanu joined in 2018. Isn't it fucking weird that the whole story revolves around Keanu Reeves aka Johnny Silverhand? And we know that originally Silverhand was intended to be just a lore character that could be picked as a childhood hero in character creation. That is by no means Keanu Reeves' fault, retards just wanted to use him to make more money which they did successfuly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom