Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is Desu EX: MD worth getting? It's peanuts so I might as well buy it.

Big fan of the original, played it on release. Didn't like HR all that much and never finished it.
Second best in the Deus Ex series, after the original of course. I liked DE4 much more than DE3. It feels closer to the original, and doesn't have idiotic boss fights.

Butter

Arcane
Patron

Big fan of the original, played it on release. Didn't like HR all that much and never finished it.
If you didn't like HR, you're probably not going to enjoy MD. I thought it was OK, but that still makes it a good deal at its current price.

if you didn't like the previous one, no reason you'd like this which is exactly the same but with annoying crafting, a pointless gimmick, a retarded and incomplete plot and a single hub split with no apparent logic and with lots of backtracking.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer

It's better than HR but still way behind the original. Feel free to check my impressions:
Completed Mankind Divided and all DLC.

Liked the improved gunplay and movement, plus the game felt much harder on 'Give me Deus Ex' than its predecessor. Then again, I've decided to not meme myself into a 100% stealth playthrough and played a jack of all trades instead. The game looks much nicer than HR and the amount of detail is enormous at times, but there's a big downside -- the environment is almost unreadable from time to time, and quite often I encountered usable objects being used as decorations with no way of interacting with them.

Barely used the new augs apart from remote hacking at the very end of the game, as they felt unnecessary, but it might warrant another playthrough in a couple of years if I ever decide to give it another try.

Also, the AI feels somewhat inconsistent at times and muh storee and characters can't shut the fuck up about the Augs. Augs. Augs. Would you like to talk about the Aug problem? Would you like to talk about the Aug issues? Augs. Augs. Augs. I think the short length is actually the saving grace of the game, as the last third felt somewhat tedious (kinda reminded me of the Omega Ranch and Panchaea in HR), which activated the autopilot mode in my head and made me zoom through the remaining content.

Overall it's a few steps forward, a few steps to the side and a few steps back. The DLC feels much better than the base game, though -- beating all 3 of them in one go felt a bit closer to the original Deus Ex, and the missions are pretty fun.

Nice to see that they're willing to take notes from the previous games and double down on them, such as taking long-ass loading times from Invisible War and cranking them up to 11. :troll:

Duralux for Durabux

Please specify what you hated about them.
Boring, Characters and voice actors don't seem to even care? Also, they are mostly the classical "hey you help me out with this"
"investigate that"' Oh and first choice and consequence was so bad, it did lower my will to finish. Or maybe, Universe didn't catch me. Although I wanted to like this game but I stopped playing it after a few hours.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Please specify what you hated about them.
Boring, Characters and voice actors don't seem to even care? Also, they are mostly the classical "hey you help me out with this"
"investigate that"' Oh and first choice and consequence was so bad, it did lower my will to finish. Or maybe, Universe didn't catch me. Although I wanted to like this game but I stopped playing it after a few hours.
I'd say the side content is better and bigger now, but the main story is kinda weaker, but gameplay improvements compensate for that.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
I'd say the side content is better and bigger now, but the main story is kinda weaker, but gameplay improvements compensate for that.
If you could rate it, how many would you rate it out of 10 in all honesty?
Too lazy to assign numbers right now. Deus Ex > Invisible War == Mankind Divided > Human Revolution > Project Snowblind > The Fall.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It seems that something is wrong with my account. Anybody received free stuff from the list below (especially the one from 24.12)?

comment_1609073045zd74gkr1.jpg

in a fit of spending rage i started to add stuff to the cart, because, you know how they say, shopping lifts mood and stuff. then i started to trim some fat, cutting stuff i obviously didn't need or desired. cut here, cut there, i'm left with a game i don't want, another i'm not sure i ever wanted and an eternal early access. the capitalistic fury might be strong, but as soon as logic comes into the system i realize i'm literally buying air. not even of the hot quality.
yup, steam definitely saved gaming.

Last edited:

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Just bought and refunded The Forest. I thought it was a story-driven exploration game, instead it's just plain survival against cannibal and mutant hordes.

I have to admit the first one I saw gave me a good scare.

Last edited:

Gruncheon

Savant
buy muh game, apparently I arranged for it to be 50% off for a while:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/983640/Theseus_Journey_to_Athens/

AllSpiritedEgret-small.gif

Edit: Seriously though if you buy it, leave a review. Apparently I don't have enough reviews to get a score or whatever, and I want my official steam score

Will it work on Linux? I will pick it up if so as the setting looks interesting and graphics are simple but nice will pick propably also Arcanum, DOS 2 and FNV 2 and the ultimate edition if both will run under Linux or Wine of course.

Uh... Yes, it definitely maybe works in linux and wine. Buy now while stocks last!

I don't know if anyone has tried to do that yet, and I don't have the setup to test it. I imagine it will run fine, but if it gives you trouble Steam will let you refund the purchase. If Steam tells you to pound sand, write an angry post about how I ripped you off and then I'll magically appear and send you money.

If it does work, please come back and tell us, or better yet post a review about how considerate I was for making my game compatible with non-windows machines. May the gods be with you.

EDIT: Just figured out how to post the button instead of a link:

Sciron just pushed me off cliff, ending story. No saves. Terrible game, not accurate to Plutarch, 0/10.

(It good game tho Agesilaus, congrats!)

Krivol

Magister
[UCHIHA]XxDarkSasuke420xX said:
guys i havent gotten a winter sale game yet please recommend something for me!
my favorite games are forza, madden, skyrim, naruto ultimate ninja STORM series, and fortnite
SteamWorld Dig is pretty good for £1.80

It is indeed great game.

IIRC I got it for free on Origin Store but it was long time ago...

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
buy muh game, apparently I arranged for it to be 50% off for a while:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/983640/Theseus_Journey_to_Athens/

AllSpiritedEgret-small.gif

Edit: Seriously though if you buy it, leave a review. Apparently I don't have enough reviews to get a score or whatever, and I want my official steam score

Will it work on Linux? I will pick it up if so as the setting looks interesting and graphics are simple but nice will pick propably also Arcanum, DOS 2 and FNV 2 and the ultimate edition if both will run under Linux or Wine of course.

Uh... Yes, it definitely maybe works in linux and wine. Buy now while stocks last!

I don't know if anyone has tried to do that yet, and I don't have the setup to test it. I imagine it will run fine, but if it gives you trouble Steam will let you refund the purchase. If Steam tells you to pound sand, write an angry post about how I ripped you off and then I'll magically appear and send you money.

If it does work, please come back and tell us, or better yet post a review about how considerate I was for making my game compatible with non-windows machines. May the gods be with you.

EDIT: Just figured out how to post the button instead of a link:

Sciron just pushed me off cliff, ending story. No saves. Terrible game, not accurate to Plutarch, 0/10.

(It good game tho Agesilaus, congrats!)

Plutarch is a tabloid rumour-monger, wherever we part ways you should definitely follow my version.

Glad you enjoyed it. There should be a save function; basically it autosaves at every new location and you can press escape while walking around to use one of the two save slots. Loading is only done from the main menu; I bet if you load the autosave it will resurrect you right next to Sciron (unless you started a new game after that). Either way, impressive stuff getting to Sciron without using the save function, clearly I should have made the game more difficult.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom