Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Honestly, the 50-year technological stasis is hilarious and never really adequately explained, unless it's an ending thing. I'm not going to finish this game in its current state, I'm just not going to put myself through that.

1969 - Man lands on the moon
2020 - We can barely make it into earth orbit

1954 - First nuclear power plant on the grid
2022 - Germany decomissions all nuclear power plants to replace them with coal power plants

Yeah, going back to politics for a bit, devolution is a fact. e.g. materials science has been stagnant for decades, apparently, and probably most of us here are aware of the "replication crisis" in the softer sciences (psychology, sociology, etc.). I don't think this was at all inevitable, but that's another story ...

When your setting has AI for 50 years and they sit on their asses doing nothing (and relatively powerful AI at that, being that the ones we see are general intelligence and above).

Cyberpunk truly is expanding the frontier of transhumanism.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Some datamining.

DLC+weather system.

2020-12-28-031902.png

Apartamet tuning and something about combat car AI?

Also, creepy sheit.

Wannabe major killer cyberpsycho to the rigth.
Connection to Sandra/Peralez quest?
I think that's the best part of the game, really interesting. Main quest is boring shit.

Last edited:

Wunderbar

Arcane
Only on codex:

- I finished VTMB at launch best game ever 10/10
- Arcanum is my favorite game ever 10/10
- Nev Vegas grew on me 10/10
- Cyberpunk is buggy mess!
except VTMB, Arcanum and FNV weren't made by a thousand devs with an 8 years of dev cycle and a $300M budget.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Only on codex:

- I finished VTMB at launch best game ever 10/10
- Arcanum is my favorite game ever 10/10
- Nev Vegas grew on me 10/10
- Cyberpunk is buggy mess!
except VTMB, Arcanum and FNV weren't made by a thousand devs with an 8 years of dev cycle and a $300M budget.

Also, not to beat a dead fucking horse, but those were RPGS. CP2077 is, straight from the dev's mouth, an open-world, action-adventure.

RPGcodex hates a buggy, unfinished non-rpg:

Surprise.jpg

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Well, Bloodlines was a quite ambitious project back then. It uses the Source engine and in some areas is super impressive, like facial animations. It came out unfinished and with a pletora of bugs, but definitelitvely wasn't a low budget game. On the other hand New vegas was supposed to be a cheap side-quick, Bethesda did not pay Obsidian their bonus due to not reaching enough score in whatevercritic.

Koolz

Learned
Possibly Retarded
Rand and the Economic Forum Cyberpunk on Steroids!

The future will challenge our understanding of what it means to be human, from both a biological and a social standpoint. Emerging biotechnology agendas promise to improve and augment human lifespans and to enhance physical and mental health. The opportunity for the integration of digital technologies with biological tissues is also growing, and what that portends for the next decades is inspiring a range of emotions, from hope to wonder to fear. Optimists depict a more sustainable world, free from the diseases that we battle today. Pessimists warn of a dystopian future of designer babies and unequal access to the fruits of biotechnology.

Yoomazir

Educated
Some datamining.

DLC+weather system.

2020-12-28-031902.png

Also, creepy sheit.

I think that'sthe best part of the game, really interesting. Main quest is boring shit.
*insert Dave Chapelle meme* Ya got more of that datamined stuff?

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
Also, not to beat a dead fucking horse, but those were RPGS. CP2077 is, straight from the dev's mouth, an open-world, action-adventure.

Open world, action-adventure story, is the definition they used.

They didn't even call it a game, they were super honest :lol:

Keshik

Arcane
I see a lot of comparison to GTAV and this game no matter how buggy shits all over it. The only thing GTAV does better is small details like NPC AI and stuff like that, but as far as combat, story and everything else that matter goes Cyberpunk is way better

Well, one can compare the open world parts, the games are in different genres entirely. One would expect CP2077 to at least equal GTA V in those areas, given it's nearly 8 year advantage.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Someone knock out girls at/on streets and carry them home in a trunk of a car.
Sometimes they do disappper, sometimes they don't.

This could be quite a bomb for a twatter mouthbreaters.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There should be 75% less gigs and blue missions, and then they should have just tried to make more involved side stuff in general. Some gigs have had the potential to be really cool, but they get to feel very samey. It's a shame that they stuck to the Ubisoft design, but I'm not surprised that they did.

One that WAS cool was the one where you have to go to a shrine outside the city and try not to get detected. There were a few more that were interesting, but there are to many similar things that you have to do.

When I get bored with my blades playing style, I change it up. On one mission, I went shotty only, double jumping over covers and one shotting enemies. Other times, I do hacking only, or assault rifle only. If there are missions that say "don't raise the alarm" or "don't get noticed", I try to do it pacifist style. Items could have been done better. The Witcher 3 all over again. Level scaling items is shit design.

I'm still in act 2 only, cleaning up the map. A 7/10 game is what this is. It's a shame that this game was in development hell. Aftr 30 hours, it really feels like they bit off more than they could chew. The city is nice, but it feels like everything else had to take a hit for it to work.

I'm curious to see how any possible DLC will turn out. They should be more focused experiences in smaller areas, with more focus on good mission design. The expansions of The Witcher 3 were batter than the main campaign, so there is a possibility.

I've had one crash on PS4, so far. A few bugs, but nothing major. The big one was that Jackie was stuck in a mission area and couldn't get out once the mission was over. A reload solved it. Other than that, I had a floating body that I had to carry in a gig, a car that was halfway down the ground and a corpse flying around when V and Jackie were talking in an elevator.

potatojohn

Arcane
Somehow the Codex thinks Deus Ex, a gameplay-wise very boring totally linear FPS with token stats that improve your crosshair wobble and three whole cosmetic dialogue choices is the 8th best RPG of all time, but Cyberpunk 2077 is not just not an RPG, but not even a game.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
Some datamining.

DLC+weather system.

2020-12-28-031902.png

Also, creepy sheit.

I think that's the best part of the game, really interesting. Main quest is boring shit.

DLCs being gigs given by fixers, what a great idea. That will really integrate well with the urgency of the main quest

:despair:

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
DLCs being gigs given by fixers, what a great idea. That will really integrate well with the urgency of the main quest

:despair:
With the way they ended the story, what options they have?

Different character. Maybe they could somehow fix the lack of C&C of the base game by having Vs actions affecting indirectly the story of this other character

Danikas

Arcane
Also, creepy sheit.

Show Spoiler

You know who recommended V to the Peralez couple? Judy.....

cyberpunk2077screenshcnjgr.png

cyberpunk2077screenshi1juo.png

Semiurge

Cipher
Lot of references to the Beetles? Beetles were a creation of the Mi5 and CIA basically your typical Intel.

Hence if you look at the cover you will see many creations of Intel and those involved. 60s? Created by the Navy Intel along with CIA and Mi5. Same with Psychological Warfare as LSD, Horror Movies, and Beetles?

We all live in a Yellow Submarine. I am sure all of you already new this such smart fellows.

More like CP77 drew its Beatle references from the same source as the prestigious comic book "Invisibles". The very first story in it was called "Dead Beatles", and knowing what it was about it's safe to assume that it wasn't mainly about the fab four appearing as ghosts in it or even the author's love of the band, but about the significance of beetles, as symbols of rebirth. Consider the scarabs of ancient Egypt, for instance. Rebirth and immortality of the soul figure into Cyberpunk in the form of engrams among other things, don't they?

Ah, you about this.

Just how do they expect that groups that are by definition different, hence the split into demographic subgroups, can't produce different outcomes? But of course, the point of that is not that they couldn't, but that they shouldn't because it's against doctrine. Even logic is now bigotry.

Someone knock out girls at/on streets and carry them home in a trunk of a car.
Sometimes they do disappper, sometimes they don't.

This could be quite a bomb for a twatter mouthbreaters.

Wait, you can knock out random NPSs and bring them to your flat, and not all of them disappear afterwards? Can you strip them?
9CSUNuN.gif

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom