Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So is this game out yet or what? What's the current state?
It's out in early access / alpha. It's buggy, performance is poor, and it crashes from time to time. If you have an itch for space trucking, this game provides nice looking spaceships and environments in which to do so, with lots of different ships and customizations to work toward. There's some other stuff too but it is mostly not fully baked.

They have a few events per year where you can try it out for free for a week. I would recommend trying before you buy.

Space trucking is currently broken right now. Trade terminals aren't loading correctly. Sometimes they will if you wait for 10-15 minutes, but no one has time for that shit.

You can't do space battles yet?

AN4RCHID

Arcane
So is this game out yet or what? What's the current state?
It's out in early access / alpha. It's buggy, performance is poor, and it crashes from time to time. If you have an itch for space trucking, this game provides nice looking spaceships and environments in which to do so, with lots of different ships and customizations to work toward. There's some other stuff too but it is mostly not fully baked.

They have a few events per year where you can try it out for free for a week. I would recommend trying before you buy.

Space trucking is currently broken right now. Trade terminals aren't loading correctly. Sometimes they will if you wait for 10-15 minutes, but no one has time for that shit.

You can't do space battles yet?
You can. There are missions for PVE space combat with various scenarios and difficulty and bugginess. The new patch adds some capital ship battles, I haven't checked them out yet. You can try your luck with PVP bounty hunting criminal players, but it tends to be time consuming to catch someone outside of armistice zones. Or you can just pick fights with other players randomly - it's not profitable but it can be fun.

Perkel

Arcane
Official data from CIG for 2019 publiches 22 dec this year.

https://cloudimperiumgames.com/blog/corporate/cloud-imperium-financials-for-2019

income:

05805cfa0ed5473f9e73771798b0227e.png

spending:

178c5785fd73406b8fe25d349db6d39c.png

headcount:

5243d19f1d884313951e5440d8a2ec2c.png

Myobi

Liturgist
Jesus fuck, it’s like these mother fuckers keep materializing from thin air just to keep throwing even more money at this endless pit. I don’t get it.

Myobi

Liturgist
Jesus fuck, it’s like these mother fuckers keep materializing from thin air just to keep throwing even more money at this endless pit. I don’t get it.

That is nothing. They DOUBLED income in 2020 year on year compared to 2019.

It’s only a matter of time till their number of backers surpasses the world population I tell you.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!

It’s only a matter of time till their number of backers surpasses the world population I tell you.

I think there might be something fishy about this whole thing - like maybe the whole "game" is being used as a huge money laundering operation. Sure hope that law enforcement looked at that angle.

Myobi

Liturgist

I think there might be something fishy about this whole thing - like maybe the whole "game" is being used as a huge money laundering operation. Sure hope that law enforcement looked at that angle.

Sounds a bit too tin foil hat. However, I wouldn’t be surprised if that data was pure bullshit.

Usually, crowdfunded projects get the highest amount of funding at start and shortly before it ends, this one keeps getting higher and higher with every year, where the hell do all these new backers keep coming from with all this money for almost a decade now…

RRRrrr

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
A retard and his money are easily parted. And Star Citizen is a magnet for retards. Like taking candy from a candy-hating baby.

ADL

Prophet
Have you guys ever considered that you know, people play the free weekends and want unlimited access to it because they're having fun and then their friends start wondering why Discord shows that they're always playing Star Citizen, hit up the free weekend rinse and repeat?

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
UK Numbers bit hard to verify, but not impossible. You can go to https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/08703814/filing-history and start digging for all their entities. I already don't particularly like the headcount numbers. 2017 had all 318 people in Foundry 42 (then renamed Clound Imperium Games Limited), but that headcount chart lists only 317. A small discrepancy, sure, but not a good sign. For 2018 it's 338 vs 355, so most likely they are counting other UK entities. I haven't seen their 2019 stuff uploaded to CH, though I haven't dug too much - not going all Derek Smart on this. However, I would take any numbers that are published in non-regulated documents (i.e. SEC/FCA fillings, Companies House fillings, etc.) with a grain of salt. And quite likely there is some lovely accounting magic in the official docs as well.

Myobi

Liturgist
Have you guys ever considered that you know, people play the free weekends and want unlimited access to it because they're having fun and then their friends start wondering why Discord shows that they're always playing Star Citizen, hit up the free weekend rinse and repeat?

Its been going for almost a decade, number getting higher n higher each year, by fairly large amounts, " haVe U gUyS CoNsiDereD FwEE weEkEnds", yeah dude, totally makes fuckin sense now, thanks Alexander DeLarge Fuckin Brain.

Myobi

Liturgist
It's a multiplayer game that's getting substantial updates every three months. Makes sense to me.

It’s a multiplayer game project, in a pre-alpha phase, with very limited content even after a decade worth of “substantial” updates. Still, I have no doubts that it’s getting a fair share of new backers every now and then, I’m also pretty sure that it has a fair amount of them constantly dropping fat bucks on it every fucking month, what I find it weird is that that’s enough to keep this big ass non-stop growth over all these fucking years.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Some people just want to belong to a cult. If it had been just about the game this would have tanked after 5 years when it became clear that apart from crowdfunding the business plan was nonexistent.

I mean what have they to show other than a buggy prototype that needs hardware from 2030. Elite Dangerous started at the exact same time and is already outdated, becoming replaced with a sequel soon.

Data4

Arcane
As irritated as I am with the game, I have to admit that I still like the idea of it and hope something comes out of it. I won't be spending any more money on it, but if they do manage to get something put together eventually, I'll definitely play. You can see all kinds of potential in it when you're not raging over the bugs.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Man, I wish I had bought some super rare ship or account in the beginning that I could now sell for a huge profit.
Just like I wish I had kept my two bitcoins that I owned before they were worth a damn.

I'm not good at this investment stuff.
I never would have imagined that this scheme would last as long and as successful as it did.

Myobi

Liturgist
By the way, what happened to this last SQ42 alpha "this time foh sure" release, wasn't it supposed to come out last month or some shit?

Perkel

Arcane
Hmmm i don't believe this. Is there an actual legally binding data or is it just some spread sheet than someone made? Is there any taxation data,do they even have to pay tax on those funding money?

yes. Posted it like page or two ago.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hmmm i don't believe this. Is there an actual legally binding data or is it just some spread sheet than someone made? Is there any taxation data,do they even have to pay tax on those funding money?

yes. Posted it like page or two ago.
There is nothing legally binding in this data. I didn't see any tax/company reporting document posted recently in this thread, though I did link to some UK records (which are accurate and have legal requirements, though are still subject to accounting magic)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom