Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
By the way, why the fuck isn't there a Collector's Edition for PC?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Imagine Disco with hex-based RTWP combat.

Imagine preferring RTwP to TB. Literally subhuman
Imagine being a butthurt old fuck that can't keep up with other people and gets angry at them for that....

what happened to you man, you got seduced by decline big time.

I enjoy all kind RPG and prefer to spend my time playing than to bitch about who is liking what kind of combat system.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I enjoy all kind RPG and prefer to spend my time playing than to bitch about who is liking what kind of combat system.

I thought Fallout vs Baldur's Gate combat argument is a cornerstone for Codex.
Ahh is it? Don't know,time passes old fagz die,new one come in. Also i don't see what the argument is. Old fallout combat is garbage,only deranged fanboys will say that it is good. It is one of the worst examples for a TB. There is a bit of arguments going on about TB vs RTwP from time to time,but most of the are about how old people can't cope with RTwP and complaining because of it.

So literally the opposite of the daily existence on the Codex, which is not playing anything and aggressively debating everything.
Don't care about that garbage,i like playing games and talking with people about them. You do you,i guess.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Wang bada bing
Good change

U2XJQL4ET7VTJKW4WZ6HVOYLM4.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/632470/view/2917732722272981875

Disco Elysium is now available in French, German and Traditional Chinese!
-40% Winter Sale!

eabe5569b01e493f8c4befcd73bd6767b6a06702.png

Hello everyone! We're very happy to be updating Disco Elysium with three new supported languages: French, German, and Traditional Chinese. That means Disco Elysium is now playable in a total of eight languages! This is our final language update of 2020 but we plan on bringing you more in the future. The Great Internationale will continue!

As always, this update would not be possible without the dedication of our translation teams, who we have worked very closely with during this whole process. We'd like to say a huge thank you to them and hope that you will join us in celebrating and supporting their efforts.

Going forward, we will be continuing to improve these new texts, so please do be sure to let us know of any ways we can do this. Remember that you can use the language switch feature by pressing the Q or L button mid-game to change the language, after selecting your chosen languages in the settings menu.

fc40855511301c049d5f9bbfd0b267502e576279.png

The game is also having its biggest discount ever at -40% during the Steam Winter Sale! Now is a great time to pick up Disco Elysium if you haven't already, or to gift it to a friend who has been waiting to play it – especially if their preferred language is French, German, or Traditional Chinese!

Thank you so much for all the support we have received and continue to receive. We hope to keep impressing you and reciprocating your love with future updates. In case you missed it: we recently announced Disco Elysium - The Final Cut, so be sure to read all about it here!

96b674148c12a4aa87dea8f3c0dd76ad25e1bb29.png

Merch Shop
We now have a wide range of branded clothing, bags, masks, and more available in our Merch Shop. Live for pre-sale now, shipping in January 2021! Check it out here!

4415fd0ef1788a308a0e0c8fda694ee514a3e7af.png

Displate
Yesterday we also launched our Displate store where you can buy one-of-a-kind official Disco Elysium metal posters. Check out the wide range of Disco Elysium designs available here!

a25ecda97ea748bfa2bd46f38db6eb703deb277c.jpg

Disco Elysium Patch notes for version 9024c13d (viewable in the F1 menu, bottom right)
  • Traditional Chinese! French! German!
  • Some minor fixes and enhancements, new fonts, and lots of bugs squashed.
  • But, most importantly, new languages! Maybe there should be an achievement for finishing the game in a language you can't understand...
  • Check new end credits (you have to complete the game, detective!), lots of teams and people added!

Remember to report bugs here.

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
ZA/UM

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
А русские как обычно сосут. О мстительные прибалты!
А сам ты че придумал такой богатый и сложный язык! Наоборот, мы хотим чтобы перевод был достойным
Are you working on whatever Disco Elysium material comes out next?

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
А сам ты че придумал такой богатый и сложный язык! Наоборот, мы хотим чтобы перевод был достойным
I almost feel bad for asking this, but don’t you know who knows best at this point?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I almost feel bad for asking this, but don’t you know who knows best at this point?
I do,he is working on the next thing. It will a dark noir conspiracy supernatural tiller where you investigate the deep cult of THE GAYS and their plans to summon cuckthulo to destroy the world!

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Chickenshit. The proper response woud have been "I'm working on your mom".

AwesomeButton

Patron
I do,he is working on the next thing. It will a dark noir conspiracy supernatural tiller where you investigate the deep cult of THE GAYS and their plans to summon cuckthulo to destroy the world!
I've been thinking that all his talking about moms is a sign of repressed homosexuality.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I've been thinking that all his talking about moms is a sign of repressed homosexuality.
Hmm you are pretty slow mate,faggit being the only censored word in the fucking game should have give it away.

While I doubt many other people are seeking this experience, I figure I am going to document some of my personal house rules and the philosophy behind them here, the intent of which being making the game a more classically hardcore RPG experience. Waiting for the Final Cut to try them out, but I feel pretty good about them based on my last playthroughs, although feedback would be appreciated.

Basically while I broadly disagree with the idea that DE is not an RPG but some sort of visual novel/walking simulator/adventure game/etc, I do feel like it could be a more mechanically engaging experience with a few tweaks. Hardcore Mode certainly made for more considerate and unpredictable play, but did not address the fundamental design choices that - ironically - encourage gaming the system in the most tedious and consequence-free way possible. For instance, your endurance and volition stats only matter for checks, as you effectively have as much morale and health as the healing items you carry, since using those consumables is not restricted in any way. The clothing items you find are readily accessible bonuses, so you are encouraged to always collect them as soon as possible and play the world's most dubious version of Ken to optimize your dude's threads for every encounter. So the gameplay loop turns into ignoring all the NPCs until you scour as much of the map as possible for the free clothes, money, and items lying about everywhere, before resuming as normal. "But Lithium, have you tried playing the game like a narrative adventure game and just not worrying about all those pesky mechanics? You retard? You absolute moron?" Well yes I am those things, hence I believe DE is an actual RPG, game mechanics and all, and would prefer them to better engage my tastes.

These should be very easy to manage and the most you will need is paper and a writing utensil (or a notepad, if you feel inclined to alt-tab the game) to keep track of the healing consumables limit, but I will additionally split the rules into two categories - the former those that I think will be of interest to the average cockdexer, and the latter probably only reserved for the masochists like yours truly.

Harder Core

1. Clothing can only be changed in the morning of each day, before Harry leaves his bedroom. Items can be swapped from hand slots whenever, except for the yellow fritte bag, which plays by the same rules as clothing - this means if you choose to equip the fritte bag in the morning, that hand slot will be reserved until the following morning. Now you have to strategize and try to pick an outfit that best fits what you have planned for the day, and the ability to collect trash for dolla dolla billz will take up a hand slot for the rest of the day (consequential if you also play with the time limit, as described below).

2. Nosaphed/Magnesium can only be used an amount of times equal to your current Endurance/Volition respectively, per day, and cannot be used in dialogue. This means your health is no longer purely dependent on how many health items you've managed to accumulate, and there is now a tactical (avoiding routes which will lead to needless damage-taking and pursuing options that will restore health/morale) and strategic (having a hard limit on the health you can recover at will and knowing when to "call it" for the day) element at play. The more extreme consequence of this change is that I am aware of at least 1 instance of inescapable health damage in the game, which means that 1 PHY builds will need to level their Endurance at least once - which I personally think is very appropriate. Character death itself becomes more consequential if you choose to play with the save restriction, as described below.

Hardest Core

3. The Tribunal must occur before the morning of the 6th day - if it does not, reload a save to make that happen
(time limit may need to be pushed back to taste once the amount of content of the Final Cut becomes known, but for now I quite like a 5 day limit). I always thought DE may benefit from being played a bit like Pathologic 2, in that you don't have time to do everything and each run gets to see a different slice of the game not only due to having different chances to fail/succeed at certain things but simply out of prioritizing certain parts of the experience. Also the game telegraphs a time limit like a motherfucker only to never deliver, and while I get that the developers wanted to keep things comfy, I don't want comfy; I want pain. And besides, you can still extend your vacation in Martinaise and read books or whatever in the interim of the Tribunal and the game's actual ending.

4. The game can only be saved in the morning of each day, before Harry leaves his bedroom. Yeah boi, we peak masocore now. Of course, this entails playing the game in a manner that I doubt anyone will actually enjoy, ie skipping repeat dialogues and shit like that, but fuck you, motherfucker, I am in it for making mechanically consequential decisions and losing minutes/hours of my life in the event of failure.

/autism

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
How about an additional time limit:
Bedtime at 23:00 at the latest, because you need sleep.
Subtract one use of Nosaphed from rule 2 for the following day per hour you go above this limit. Using the fact that the clock stops at 2:00 is cheating, even if you have lots of endurance.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom