Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The next Elder Scrolls game mechanics

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Higher level areas will be gated off by Power. If you don't have enough of it then enemies in that area will simply be impossible.

Too restrictive.
You can go anywhere from the get-go, they will just be different skin of enemy depending of your own power.
Just like skyrim.
While this is also suitably sterile, it's not quite the effect I was going for. My method of game design would lead to infuriating crap like level 1 zombies standing here and level 12 zombies standing over there, just beyond the fence, a few paces away from the level 1 zombies. Modern devs lack the brains to recognize that monster placement should have a logical pattern and will instead have illogical nonsense that would frustrate anyone who has more than two brain cells as they keep running into obscenely high level enemies who happen to be hanging right behind the inn that's next to the capital city. It also funnels players into taking the predetermined path set by the developers, giving them even less choice in their RPG experience.

Sykar

Arcane
Just shut the fuck up and buy his games, nerds.

bzg33mx.png
He was in the chess club.

You sure about that?

8OoV99O.jpg
Are you a heretic who says that God himself is lying?

You tell me:
7Vj3vrI.jpg

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
- some redguard technique to compensate for no shouts, maybe weapon stances

Shehai Shen She Ru.

I'll ALMOST forgive Todd his removal of magic making if they put that in the next game and you can run around summoning magic spirit swords to cut motherfuckers in two with.

Someone mail him a copy of Jedi Academy ASAP.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Nothing will be more complicated than what we've seen in Skyrim. Not one single system. If anything there will be less skills and perks e.g. pickpocket can be integrated into sneak. You're in for an unpleasant surprise if you think they've "learned their lesson" from Skyrim or Fallout 4/76.

No idea where this nonsense about stats becoming more simplified is coming from. Fallout never had a complex character system. Yes, it had attributes, skills and perks but the skills were extremely shallow to the point where blending them with perks like Fallout 4 did resulted in no actual loss of complexity.

Elder Scrolls has seen a reduction in skills but the skills themselves have also gotten more complex over time and the series has never had a good attribute system to begin with (the exploitable messes in Morrowind and Oblivion are arguable top 5 contenders for the worst attribute systems in any RPG ever).

I'd love to see Toddler put more meat on the system (lol) but people who think he's been some sort of decline haven't actually thought it through. All he's done is rearrange shit around in ways he thinks retards would find easier to understand.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Most of the gameworld will be in the singleplayer portion of the game (where the player goes on a lengthy quest to stop an ancient threat and Peter Dinklage plays a main character), but there will also be a multiplayer component to the game, similar to Fallout 76. Online play will take place in the Realm of Inspira, a new Realm of Oblivion where mortals unknowingly get their creativity from.

In Inspira, players can build bases using materials found by doing daily quests as well as in an in-game store where they can be bought with imaginary Microsoft money. Though text chat is prohibited, some players will find creative ways to spoil the singleplayer story by naming items in their stores, and by placing objects in their base in the forms of letters that spell it out for visitors.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom