Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Elder Scrolls Online - gone B2P

kreight

for casul cucks its a nice little game, "worth ma maney". If go deeper, youll all the cracks it has. As mmo its shit, as a singke player game its worse than skyrim.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
for casul cucks its a nice little game, "worth ma maney". If go deeper, youll all the cracks it has. As mmo its shit, as a singke player game its worse than skyrim.
what can i say, i just want to log in, kill some monsters, do some quests and enjoy in-game lore, then go into dungeon with random 3 other people to slay some shit together, and maybe sometime later i'll try pvp.

I'm no autist, i hate metagaming, i don't want to think for hours how to spend my next attribute point to make my character perfect, or how to join a guild party that forces me to log in at particular hours to do raids or otherwise they throw temper tantrum like a typical WoW users.

I am as casual as it gets in MMOs and I like it :smug:

If you're autistic then go WoW or EVE, obviously.

Though I miss fun times in Haven & Hearth :cry: Good times.

kreight

what can i say, i just want to log in, kill some monsters, do some quests and enjoy in-game lore, then go into dungeon with random 3 other people to slay some shit together, and maybe sometime later i'll try pvp.

I'm no autist, i hate metagaming, i don't want to think for hours how to spend my next attribute point to make my character perfect, or how to join a guild party that forces me to log in at particular hours to do raids or otherwise they throw temper tantrum like a typical WoW users.

I am as casual as it gets in MMOs and I like it :smug:

If you're autistic then go WoW or EVE, obviously.

Though I miss fun times in Haven & Hearth :cry: Good times.
what r doing on this forum i thought neckbeards live here

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'd enjoy it casually if it played/ran any better. But it's annoyingly slow, and I can't get "muh immersion" from all the dofuses who look like Sauron walking around.

I'd play a SP version with instant loading, all the convenience stuff upfront permanently, and bosses changed to be solo.

I don't really get anything from playing wit randoms.

Shitposter
I'd enjoy it casually if it played/ran any better. But it's annoyingly slow, and I can't get "muh immersion" from all the dofuses who look like Sauron walking around.

I'd play a SP version with instant loading, all the convenience stuff upfront permanently, and bosses changed to be solo.

WAIT hold up you're telling me you don't like when you finally reach some boss at the end of a long quest, start fighting, and 10 seconds later Level 160 _D4rKG4m3r1337- charges in and spanks the boss on the ass for 10 million crit damage instantly killing it for you? :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

WAIT hold up you're telling me you don't like when you finally reach some boss at the end of a long quest, start fighting, and 10 seconds later Level 160 _D4rKG4m3r1337- charges in and spanks the boss on the ass for 10 million crit damage instantly killing it for you? :cool::cool::cool::cool:
Lol, no I don't. For a game to just chillout and explore admitedly nice locals with neat lore the game takes every opportunity to not let me do that comfortably.

And it's not an MMO thing DDO lets me explore at my own pace easily, but apparently industry supergiant zenimax can't cough up the dough for private instancing.

Deleted member 7219

So weird. It’s the only main MMO that does that, then. LOTRO did instancing first, FFXIV and SWTOR are basically built around it, and WoW’s done it since WotLK.

Shitposter
There's no reason to play MMOs aside from endgame. The actual world content has never been good enough on its own, in any game of the genre.

but endgame in themepark mmos is speedrun spamming the same 5 instances over and over forever to try to min max gear so they can speedrun the same instances a few seconds faster. I'd say that's more autistic than the leveling/questing bit

but yea mmos suck eve is the only good one maybe osrs too

Avarize

Magister
It's the problem of the genre that WoW is the only one to have had a consistently challenging and interesting endgame. It's not even that good, but no one else ever tried.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2

Its nice to be able to complete quests with not mini-maxed build Comrade, I play casually one or two quests a day so help is appreciated.

ADL

Prophet
This thread truly shows how autistic the Codex is. Leveling, completing MMO quests and enjoying it as a single player experience. You can't sink much lower.
It's an Elder Scrolls game that plays exactly like the single player ones with more depth, that's good enough to not require extensive levels of modding to enjoy and it's made by developers that doesn't try to hide how fucking weird and cool TES lore is. Meanwhile recent mainline games try their best to hide it and turn it into a generic fantasy series. Why wouldn't people like it?

kreight

This thread truly shows how autistic the Codex is. Leveling, completing MMO quests and enjoying it as a single player experience. You can't sink much lower.
It's an Elder Scrolls game that plays exactly like the single player ones with more depth, that's good enough to not require extensive levels of modding to enjoy and it's made by developers that doesn't try to hide how fucking weird and cool TES lore is. Meanwhile recent mainline games try their best to hide it and turn it into a generic fantasy series. Why wouldn't people like it?
You are a fucking idiot.

Psquit

Arcane

True, but most of the quests after Summerset are kinda crap. The game died, plot wise.
that's good enough to not require extensive levels of modding to enjoy
I Wouldn't go that far. The game needs better combat animations for a more fluid combat experience. You know the combat is crap when you have to cancel your animations to get more DPS.

ADL

Prophet
You are a fucking idiot.
Presumably anyone playing The Elder Scrolls Online is a fan of the series and it excels at being a better Elder Scrolls game than everything in the mainline series since Morrowind by far. Feel free to go to bat for Oblivion and Skyrim if you disagree.
I Wouldn't go that far. The game needs better combat animations for a more fluid combat experience. You know the combat is crap when you have to cancel your animations to get more DPS.
Agreed but at least TESO's combat is fun and you have active skills and the ability to roll around compared to left clicking with your stat stick until your target dies in the other games.

It's been so long since I've seriously played ESO.

Every time I get the hankering to try it out, I end up quitting after 30 minutes out of boredom.

Perhaps ESO is not a game suited for my tastes.

:hmmm:

Sarkile

Magister
Patron

Every time I get the hankering to try it out, I end up quitting after 30 minutes out of boredom.

Yeah, the level scaling does that for me. I have no interest in the endgame BS.

Yeah, the level scaling does that for me. I have no interest in the endgame BS.
The only games I can tolerate playing now are Western RPGs (I include CRPGs and non CRPGs), Immersive Sims, and DOOM.

Gaming bores me now. All I wanna do is music and philosophy.

Generic-Giant-Spider

It means nothing, but to say the single player TES games have better combat is lol.

Yes, ESO is an animation canceling mess but holy fuck at least it's not left clicking and watching your weapon have zero feedback until the enemy falls over.

Gerrard

Arcane
At least in Morrowind when you're at high level you go through enemies like a hot knife through butter, meanwhile in ESO you have to keep up 10 buffs every 15 seconds to do damage and avoid as much combat as you can.

Codex Year of the Donut
At least in Morrowind when you're at high level you go through enemies like a hot knife through butter, meanwhile in ESO you have to keep up 10 buffs every 15 seconds to do damage and avoid as much combat as you can.
the tedious buff management is one of the worst parts of combat
idk why MMO devs think it's interesting or fun to micromanage buffs

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom