Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Child of Malkav

Erudite
The devs need to add a feature where they will notice and either come immediately to where you are or just shut down the camera system entirely.

Fuck that psychic guard shit. How would they know that their friends were killed or KOed by someone? And if they do, how would they know how that person operates? Yeah, maybe they can take out the cameras but you can ping in the game showing you all enemies and objects you can interact with and just quickhack them through walls. I don't want that "stop right there criminal scum" in my games. They should focus on how information propagates and allow you as the player to interrupt or control that chain of communication.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
Fuck that psychic guard shit. How would they know that their friends were killed or KOed by someone? And if they do, how would they know how that person operates?

In a world where you can literally buy an array of deadly quickhacks in stores for like 50 dollars a pop they should be immediately suspicious of hacking if they see two or more of their fellow guards start mysteriously dying after sparks shoot out of their brain. Doesn't mean they should be able to immediately find you, I agree, but it would make logical sense for them to have some sort of counter measure beyond just wandering around, as if in a daze, while they continue to die, one by one, as you kill them.

Turjan

Arcane
Now I wonder whether things in your apartment change during the game. I should check whether the "Vote Peralez" poster had been hanging there all the time.

Other than the cat and Misty's dreamcatcher, I know that
the stolen painting from space appears on your cupboard door while you have it in your inventory and there's a Militech box from banging that Militech woman
. Pretty sure I saw a model car (Nomad related?) which isn't there on two saves I've got in/close to apartment.
I guess the painting is the one in the golden frame? Just got the cat, as I found some cat food
while stealing Kerry Eurodyne's guitar from a fan
Good that, in 2077, cats don't need litter boxes anymore.
And yes, there's a model car with the name of V's former nomad clan (Bakkers) printed on it.
Not that anything of this matters, but these are nice little touches.

Quillon

Arcane
blank slate generic character.

Black slate means there should be some room to write shit on there is very little in V's case.
Oh, there is plenty of room. Issue is that there is nothing to write therein due to the lack of narrative C&C offered by the game.

This is all a matter of perspective though. I see a white piece of paper and say that it is blank since there's nothing written on it while you argue that the piece of paper is fully painted in white.

Do you consider Shepard blank-slate too? Because V is more defined than Shepard whilst having the same customization options.
To me Shepard's personality seems much more defined, although I'm not sure how to 'objectively' qualify that. V just seems like a bland average Joe ergo a blank slate.

Shepard is much more of a bland superjoe both male and female version. Very monotone and serious sounding all the time. V has much more emotional range. Some of the quips he says are fucking gold.

Hence V's even more defined than Shepard or Geralt.

We can't even fucking decide if V is a smoker or not previously. This here alone is contradicting what my V would have been if we could have a blank-slate V or a blank-er-slate V :P

Turjan

Arcane
I just did two of Claire's races, and I'm not sure why i got the idea this would be difficult, given my driving skills.
If you have an accident, the other cars just wait in an orderly starting array.
If you really don't manage to catch the first car, it miraculously slows down (okay, this may be from Claire's shooting).
I wonder if you can actually fail these.

Quillon

Arcane
I just did two of Claire's races, and I'm not sure why i got the idea this would be difficult, given my driving skills.
If you really don't manage to catch the first car, it miraculously slows down (okay, this may be from Claire's shooting).

If you drive good and look at the minimap you see other cars keep teleporting to keep up :P

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Fuck that psychic guard shit. How would they know that their friends were killed or KOed by someone? And if they do, how would they know how that person operates?

In a world where you can literally buy an array of deadly quickhacks in stores for like 50 dollars a pop they should be immediately suspicious of hacking if they see two or more of their fellow guards start mysteriously dying after sparks shoot out of their brain. Doesn't mean they should be able to immediately find you, I agree, but it would make logical sense for them to have some sort of counter measure beyond just wandering around, as if in a daze, while they continue to die, one by one, as you kill them.
I agree, but not the psychic stuff. They should have other means of searching for you. For example one of them can take manual control over the cameras and look around for you, just as you can do the same. IDK. Something to that extent. But omniscient, psychic crap can go to one place: hell.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Now I wonder whether things in your apartment change during the game. I should check whether the "Vote Peralez" poster had been hanging there all the time.

the stolen painting from space appears on your cupboard door while you have it in your inventory and there's a Militech box from banging that Militech woman
. Pretty sure I saw a model car (Nomad related?) which isn't there on two saves I've got in/close to apartment.

I noticed the monk altar as well and also the cat you rescue from your building.

I won all the fights and no sign of any trophy tho. Or the races.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
Is FEAR's 2006 AI better than Cyberpunk's one?

FEAR's AI is better than every FPS I've played since. I don't understand why they don't just outsource that AI. Lazy devs can buy it and modify it slightly.

I don't know how game AI works, so it was probably heavily scripted to only work in the limited and confined spaces of FEAR's level design, but it's still really impressive.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Not really onboard here, I'd say "narrative-heavy interactive movie-game" is a key factor.
Yes, I didn't mean it for any type of game.
For start why not disable camera switching for hacking a camera, limiting you to that one you hacked into? And only if you have access to a security terminal can you view every camera.
Have you noticed how turning surveillance off from a computer actually does nothing. All the cameras that were working continue to work :D

Turjan

Arcane
It's funny that your "romance" options are commemorated by a weapon (and an additional apartment), regardless whether you actually romanced them or not. At least I've got three of those so far.
Ny0LJdk.jpg

Top left are Panam and Judy, the row below are River, Jackie and Dex. Top right is Saburo.

Last edited:

Tyrr

Liturgist
The most difficult part was to read "her" database info and still have the resolve to finish the quest.

res11

Novice
Is FEAR's 2006 AI better than Cyberpunk's one?

FEAR's AI is better than every FPS I've played since. I don't understand why they don't just outsource that AI. Lazy devs can buy it and modify it slightly.

I don't know how game AI works, so it was probably heavily scripted to only work in the limited and confined spaces of FEAR's level design, but it's still really impressive.
Apparently FEAR's AI is just standard shooter AI but is elevated by level design tricks.

Turjan

Arcane
Not really onboard here, I'd say "narrative-heavy interactive movie-game" is a key factor.
Yes, I didn't mean it for any type of game.
For start why not disable camera switching for hacking a camera, limiting you to that one you hacked into? And only if you have access to a security terminal can you view every camera.
Have you noticed how turning surveillance off from a computer actually does nothing. All the cameras that were working continue to work :D
Sometimes, they embody Heisenberg's uncertainty principle. There's no real way to tell whether they are on or off. They look as if they were on, but the hacking options only let you turn them on.

Robber Baron

Savant
As far as I know FEAR has custom AI scripts for special encounters, that is why encounter design is so good. I doubt same can be achieved in an open world map of CP, well maybe in indoor locations, but that still boils down to programming special events for AI per encounter. Forget about FEAR, CP needs some of that Halo AI. But that would require a combined effort from programmers and game designers.

Derringer

Prophet
Monolith is praised a lot since a lot of shooters are just plain shit but they still put the bare minimum effort into making competent products with competent AI when they were still active up to Fear 2. That bare minimum is still more than a lot of European and Californian trash nowadays.

potatojohn

Arcane

I noticed the monk altar as well and also the cat you rescue from your building.

Judy gives you a box with the diving suit if you wait a while

alyvain

Learned
It's funny that your "romance" options are commemorated by a weapon (and an additional apartment), regardless whether you actually romanced them or not. At least I've got three of those so far.

It's more about finishing their character arc. Or sometimes just progressing through it. If I remember it right, there is a romanceable dude, a member of Johnny's band. He gives you his weapon in the middle of his arc, or even before it begins properly. I think you can get 4 different apartments in the game in any completionist playthrough.

And of course you have no reason to visit your place whatsoever, so it is even more meaningless than the vast choice of cars to buy.

Turjan

Arcane
Judy gives you a box with the diving suit if you wait a while
She had the most "after character arc" interactions written for her, as far as I can tell now. She already sent several messages, and her hologram is standing in her apartment for you to talk to. Which I find rather unsettling.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Ny0LJdk.jpg

Top left are Panam and Judy, the row below are River, Jackie and Dex. Top right is Saburo.

Where is the place for a dildo? :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom