Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

alyvain

Learned
Who is lady and who isn't defined by chromosomes only, though I expect that modern "science" (the corrupt wench of capitalism) will do something about that for sure.

bro, это генетика продажная девка капитализма, you got it all wrong

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
I really want to play this but I'm obsessively-compulsively waiting for more & more patches because... well, you know. Has anyone played this with 1.06 and had very few problems or is this possibility just as mythical as the unicorn? Also, has there been a humorous compilation of CP bugs yet on YT or something (please, not too many twitchtards)? I always find those fun to watch... as long it only happens to the other guy.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Also about 1st person vs 3d person - anyone who think that playing while ASS is in the center of the screen along with unnaturally animated moves of knees and legs and heeps and such is more immersive, should reconsider his life, cause it went wrong at some point clealy.
Imagine System Shock 2 or Thief with 3d person view.
No, it won't work.

Maybe if camera only shows upper part of the PC body - it's not as jarring, but not THAT better immersion-wise.

First person view is the best.

Turjan

Arcane
I really want to play this but I'm obsessively-compulsively waiting for more & more patches because... well, you know. Has anyone played this with 1.06 and had very few problems or is this possibility just as mythical as the unicorn? Also, has there been a humorous compilation of CP bugs yet on YT or something (please, not too many twitchtards)? I always find those fun to watch... as long it only happens to the other guy.
I really don't have many technical issues. A few glitches, plus a few bugs, but none of them game-breaking. At least on GoG, you can just return the game within 30 days, even if you played it.
Other people seem to have lots of bugs, so I guess the only way to find out for you is to try it.

alyvain

Learned

Wait for a month or two. I had practically no bugs in 1.04, but now they're everywhere (1.06), although for most people it was the other way around.

Not a single game-breaking or quest-breaking bug though.

Druid Ardun

I just did two of Claire's races, and I'm not sure why i got the idea this would be difficult, given my driving skills.
If you have an accident, the other cars just wait in an orderly starting array.
If you really don't manage to catch the first car, it miraculously slows down (okay, this may be from Claire's shooting).
I wonder if you can actually fail these.

If you drive good and look at the minimap you see other cars keep teleporting to keep up :P

Every race depends on the last turn, literally. Unless you fail the last turn it is impossible to not be first.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Game has many strange design decisions where you miss stuff by doing what seems to be the obvious choice. E.g. when you visit Fingers and don't talk to get in, but climb outside through the window, you can talk to him, while he operates on a woman with her jaw off. Ewwww.

Crazy this game actually has alternative quest solutions for the backgrounds, I could walk into the Arasaka Industrial complex by convincing a guard that I am still an Araska Counter-Intelligence officer and upload the hack without being bothered.:incline:
Why isn't there more stuff like this?

My guess is that they started with the intention to add as much detail as they could but quickly came against the realities of deadlines :-P.

I, for one, feel glad that a PC version of a game finally shits on its console version, not vice versa (as it usually is).

It isn't really the PC version that shits on consoles though, it is more that all versions have issues and high end PCs can ignore most of them through sheer brute force. You can see that with the high end consoles (Series X) also not having issues while low end PCs (like low end consoles) having issues too.

Nah, the interface was made for consoles

Try crafting uncommon components from common components. Several thousand common component worth. Also selling dozen items selling each item refreshes the whole inventory, taking a second. What the fuck.

The interface was absolutely designed with gamepads in mind

Not at all. I played the game with a gamepad and the UI was absolutely awful with it - you control a virtual mouse cursor and "click" on things with the A button, if anything between mouse and gamepads, the UI is designed more with mice in mind (and by "designed" i mean they did a mouse-based implementation first and didn't bother adapting it for a gamepad).

It is just bad regardless of input method.

FEAR's AI is better than every FPS I've played since. I don't understand why they don't just outsource that AI. Lazy devs can buy it and modify it slightly.

FEAR's goal-based AI is actually somewhat common nowadays (and FWIW it wasn't the first game to use goals in its AI - Quake 3's bots also had a -much simpler- goal-based approach, though FEAR was probably the first SP game to use it), though decision trees and finite state machines are still much more common - largely because they are more predictable than goal-based AI, after all...

As far as I know FEAR has custom AI scripts for special encounters, that is why encounter design is so good

...FEAR doesn't use any custom script for combat and this was actually an issue the team had in a few cases where they wanted something specific. It is also why other games rarely use the method.

FEAR does a great job at showing off their AI and the levels are designed around the AI, which isn't as common with other games (regardless of their use of goal-based AI) - especially nowadays when you have different teams working in level design (which also often tries to be varied and more realistic - it wasn't a coincidence that FEAR 2's AI felt worse even if from a technical perspective it was improved from the first game).

DOOM 2016 is another. Mostly because ID hadn't made much of any value, pretty but boring games.

ID is largely different people nowadays, especially those who actively worked on the games. From their earlier days only Kevin Cloud is still there and he mainly worked as an artist.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Yea I shoulda probly gone for a sneaky silent build as I can see that would make encounters slightly more interesting, but I honestly NEVER imagined I would sink so much time into the game on release. I went for body/reflex to try melee and shooting as assumed the game would be so buggy I would have to restart. And the game is so front loaded with its best content that I was pretty well sucked in and committed once I finally started thinking seriously about my character build.

At least I have a brand new build with hacking/stealth to try out sometime down the line when the game is better (fabulously optimistic??).

I really can't imagine playing the game any other way that stealthily. The "levels" seem designed around it, a lot of the missions tell you to be stealthy and offer bonuses for it, the whole vibe of the game is rooted in it. Just did a gig last night where the fixer was like "do that ninja stuff you do and don't get seen." I have an alternate character I've messed around with a bit who is a rough and tumble nomad with a shotgun and it's just nowhere near as enjoyable. My main character is a steathy silenced pistol type with technical ability to open doors, and it plays very well. I have a lot of issues with the game but very few are rooted in the basic gameplay. Last night I got a contract to assassinate a corporate lady and I walked into her hotel, talked to the desk guy, got access to the elevator, took it to the roof instead, dropped in through her skylight, killed her while she drank wine and read a book, then used cyberlegs to jump back out the skylight and walk out the front door like nothing happened. It was fucking awesome, I love that shit.

I'm nearing the end but once all the DLC is out I might replay it on "very hard" instead of hard, but I'm pretty sure I'll do a hacking blades stealthy guy, because I just can't see playing the game any other way than stealthy infiltration assassin.

Danikas

Arcane
I really can't imagine playing the game any other way that stealthily. The "levels" seem designed around it, a lot of the missions tell you to be stealthy and offer bonuses for it, the whole vibe of the game is rooted in it. Just did a gig last night where the fixer was like "do that ninja stuff you do and don't get seen." I have an alternate character I've messed around with a bit who is a rough and tumble nomad with a shotgun and it's just nowhere near as enjoyable. My main character is a steathy silenced pistol type with technical ability to open doors, and it plays very well. I have a lot of issues with the game but very few are rooted in the basic gameplay. Last night I got a contract to assassinate a corporate lady and I walked into her hotel, talked to the desk guy, got access to the elevator, took it to the roof instead, dropped in through her skylight, killed her while she drank wine and read a book, then used cyberlegs to jump back out the skylight and walk out the front door like nothing happened. It was fucking awesome, I love that shit.

I'm nearing the end but once all the DLC is out I might replay it on "very hard" instead of hard, but I'm pretty sure I'll do a hacking blades stealthy guy, because I just can't see playing the game any other way than stealthy infiltration assassin.
You also miss a ton of npc banter if you go guns blazing in every mission. Im playing on very hard and try not to save scum so sometimes when I get discovered Il try shooting my way out of this but on very hard all it takes is few shots and you are dead so its not that easy even with subpar enemy ai.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Stealth is pretty much mandatory to get the full experience. A lot of dialogue between the enemy NPCs will be missed if you decide to go with the run and gun approach so I would recommend that you at least start with a stealth approach until you reach your main objective, you are free to create a bloodbath afterwards if you're not interested in extra XP/eddies.

P.S. even the "blue" police quests have some starting dialog providing more background to the conflict at hand. Nothing special, but if you're interested in hearing it - make sure you sneak your way to the enemy position before you engage in conflict.

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
CD Projekt closes this year with impressive 1,01% growth.

image.png

:discohitler:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Stealth is pretty much mandatory to get the full experience. A lot of dialogue between the enemy NPCs will be missed if you decide to go with the run and gun approach so I would recommend that you at least start with a stealth approach until you reach your main objective, you are free to create a bloodbath afterwards if you're not interested in extra XP/eddies.

The blue police missions, particularly the ones marked with a club which are just a small gang of bad guys to slaughter if you want to, are a good place to "action it up" as a change of pace as well. I mainly only care about the yellow gigs and side jobs because they're much better content, but if you need a break from stealth and just wanna gun some guys down you can do a string of those police missions and get a lot of money, XP and loot out of it.

Turjan

Arcane

The blue police missions, particularly the ones marked with a club which are just a small gang of bad guys to slaughter if you want to, are a good place to "action it up" as a change of pace as well. I mainly only care about the yellow gigs and side jobs because they're much better content, but if you need a break from stealth and just wanna gun some guys down you can do a string of those police missions and get a lot of money, XP and loot out of it.
The "organized crime" locations often also give you crafting blueprints.

Robber Baron

Savant
...FEAR doesn't use any custom script for combat and this was actually an issue the team had in a few cases where they wanted something specific. It is also why other games rarely use the method.

That is another lesson for me on not to parrot random shit I read on the internet

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom