Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Yoomazir

Educated
Man, what the fuck, you can't even recreate the V from the cover. Hell, you can't even get the hair color...

ChildInTime

Learned
Now I wonder whether things in your apartment change during the game. I should check whether the "Vote Peralez" poster had been hanging there all the time.

Other than the cat and Misty's dreamcatcher, I know that
the stolen painting from space appears on your cupboard door while you have it in your inventory and there's a Militech box from banging that Militech woman
. Pretty sure I saw a model car (Nomad related?) which isn't there on two saves I've got in/close to apartment.
I guess the painting is the one in the golden frame? Just got the cat, as I found some cat food
while stealing Kerry Eurodyne's guitar from a fan
Good that, in 2077, cats don't need litter boxes anymore.
And yes, there's a model car with the name of V's former nomad clan (Bakkers) printed on it.
Not that anything of this matters, but these are nice little touches.
There is a litter box for the cat left of the toilet.

For start why not disable camera switching for hacking a camera, limiting you to that one you hacked into? And only if you have access to a security terminal can you view every camera.
Have you noticed how turning surveillance off from a computer actually does nothing. All the cameras that were working continue to work :D

Kinda, from what I was able to tell, cameras turn back on if you try using them after turning them off (which makes sense), even though it says they are still off at the terminal (which does not make sense). If that happens, turning them on and then off puts them back to off again, at least for me.

Learned
Back to 79% positive from 78% on Steam. There's no way to go but up now, at least until the "completely optional" multiplayer mode with its "completely optional" microtransactions. Standalone or not, it will be controversial.

Man, what the fuck, you can't even recreate the V from the cover. Hell, you can't even get the hair color...

There's this ugly greenish brownish tint that pollutes the character creation screen and makes every color inaccurate. Don't know what the hell they were thinking.

Tyrr

Liturgist
Doing my 2nd playthrough now.
With low armor, ... for the challenge, yes
z9DN1mH.jpg

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
Yea I shoulda probly gone for a sneaky silent build as I can see that would make encounters slightly more interesting, but I honestly NEVER imagined I would sink so much time into the game on release. I went for body/reflex to try melee and shooting as assumed the game would be so buggy I would have to restart. And the game is so front loaded with its best content that I was pretty well sucked in and committed once I finally started thinking seriously about my character build.

At least I have a brand new build with hacking/stealth to try out sometime down the line when the game is better (fabulously optimistic??).

I really can't imagine playing the game any other way that stealthily. The "levels" seem designed around it, a lot of the missions tell you to be stealthy and offer bonuses for it, the whole vibe of the game is rooted in it. Just did a gig last night where the fixer was like "do that ninja stuff you do and don't get seen." I have an alternate character I've messed around with a bit who is a rough and tumble nomad with a shotgun and it's just nowhere near as enjoyable. My main character is a steathy silenced pistol type with technical ability to open doors, and it plays very well. I have a lot of issues with the game but very few are rooted in the basic gameplay. Last night I got a contract to assassinate a corporate lady and I walked into her hotel, talked to the desk guy, got access to the elevator, took it to the roof instead, dropped in through her skylight, killed her while she drank wine and read a book, then used cyberlegs to jump back out the skylight and walk out the front door like nothing happened. It was fucking awesome, I love that shit.

I'm nearing the end but once all the DLC is out I might replay it on "very hard" instead of hard, but I'm pretty sure I'll do a hacking blades stealthy guy, because I just can't see playing the game any other way than stealthy infiltration assassin.

And so the Stealth Archer arrives again. Bravo, CDProjekt!

DeepOcean

Arcane
Yeah it is dumb that the game signals that you're dying while simultaneously giving you infinite time to do side quests, I remember wondering about that myself, like well am I on a time limit or not FFS
It is Oblivion gates all over again, CDPR aimed at Rockstar and ended being like Bethesda in the end. Man, "never go full Bethesda" that is a lesson we get from this.

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Just found out you can literally talk to all the targets in the assassination mission gigs, where they will attempt to explain their situation, plea, or even bribe you, you can take the bribe and then kill them, or you can take the bribe and leave failing the mission, then the fixer would call you and talk your ear off "wtf V?" You also don't have to kill them, you can knock them unconsciousness, and then carry their body to a truck that will be waiting nearby.

There's this ugly greenish brownish tint that pollutes the character creation screen and makes every color inaccurate. Don't know what the hell they were thinking.
oh my, a brownish prevalence during character creation? blimey, what an unexpected, never attempted before surprise!

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Just found out you can literally talk to all the targets in the assassination mission gigs, where they will attempt to explain their situation, plea, or even bribe you, you can take the bribe and then kill them, or you can take the bribe and leave failing the mission, then the fixer would call you and talk your ear off "wtf V?" You also don't have to kill them, you can knock them unconsciousness, and then carry their body to a truck that will be waiting nearby.

1. I know about the optional knockdown + carry the body to a car trunk option
2. Don't know about being able to talk to them honestly, had a gig where I had to drive a car to Tyger Claws and opened the trunk instead, there was a guy inside it so I've let him go. Asian obaasan fixer was amused.

Robber Baron

Savant
2. Don't know about being able to talk to them honestly, had a gig where I had to drive a car to Tyger Claws and opened the trunk instead, there was a guy inside it so I've let him go. Asian obaasan fixer was amused.

If you give the dude to the TCs she comments on how V is a pro and doesn't ask questions

typical user

Arbiter
During the warehouse infiltration mission with Takemura I stole a car to get inside. The game is so untested the friendly-AI script which is turned when you sit in faction vehicle is not disabled when you exit. So I walked in like one of their own, infected the computer and walked out. NPCs turned hostile when I was spotted by a camera. It's a main mission btw.

On the positive side there are instances where you can get additional dialog for some missions if you read stuff on the computers. But I didn't get the chance as there is so much stuff to read and the quality of the game just makes me to rush through and be done with it. Plus I play as follow-orders & ask no questions merc. Rarely I sneak around, only when I feel the story demands it.

Turjan

Arcane
...had a gig where I had to drive a car to Tyger Claws and opened the trunk instead, there was a guy inside it so I've let him go. Asian obaasan fixer was amused.
Yes, she was amused because you got double the money, compared to the original contract. Plus, you will find a very dead Russian later.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Yeah it is dumb that the game signals that you're dying while simultaneously giving you infinite time to do side quests, I remember wondering about that myself, like well am I on a time limit or not FFS

So then what is the indicator in the main menu to the right of Keanu Reeves' affinity score?

Turjan

Arcane

So then what is the indicator in the main menu to the right of Keanu Reeves' affinity score?
I think it's how far into the main quest you are. It only moves if you finish certain main quests.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Is FEAR's 2006 AI better than Cyberpunk's one?

FEAR's AI is better than every FPS I've played since. I don't understand why they don't just outsource that AI. Lazy devs can buy it and modify it slightly.

I don't know how game AI works, so it was probably heavily scripted to only work in the limited and confined spaces of FEAR's level design, but it's still really impressive.
What is heavily scripted on FEAR is the audio chatter, this use enviromental triggers. The ai basic behavior? Not so much. They use a state machine, not enviromental triggers for it (with exceptions for something like enemy spawns and scripted action sequences), its been a long time since I read the articles about their Ai so I might be bsing because I'm speaking of memory, but I think they have two levels of Ai, squad and individual and a state machine to regulate both. The squad Ai controls the relationships between each enemy soldier and the player, like... if he is alone, if he is on player sight, if he is far or close to the player. The individual Ai keeps track of things like individual animations, if he is injuried, what weapon the enemy soldier has and etc.

Each individual Ai has a state that is changed by the squad Ai, the trick of FEAR is that this isnt an universal state change, some individual Ais can recieve a state, while others might get other states and this state is changed all the time. An ai that is on player view and full health might get the "assault state" (this isnt the names they used for the states, I'm just simplifying) while other Ai that isnt on player view might get the "flanking behavior" state where its pathfinding algorithm tries to avoid the player cone of view until they hit the player once then they change to "assault" state.

That Ai could be adapted to be used on an open world game, of course, the FEAR Ai used a series of assumptions about its level design but you can use the same concept, only change the assumptions, like the player cone of view changing greatly with distance on open world games, for example. This requires adaptation but it isnt impossible.

However, an Ai like FEAR on an open world game might mean, enemies using buildings to hide and not exposing themselves to your sniper, frustrating popamole players, enemies forcing you to move like crazy because they will move to hit your ass mercilessly, what isnt that good for controllers and FPS with slow movement like pretty much all console shooters as your reaction time isnt that good. You also need to balance the game, it doesnt matter if the Ai can flank you if you have infinite instant healing on demand like Cyberbug. You will also need to nerf or remove weapons that can fire through walls or tracking weapons because no Ai can handle that and giving that sort of power on the same scale to a decent Ai means you are toasted the moment combat starts.

Also, keep in mind that most shooters these days are PvP or extremely linear what doesnt require Ai at all and those that arent, some shitty Ai is more than enough for the average normie. Modern FPS have a very rudimentary Ai with universal state changes from unaware state to combat state, once combat state begins, they seek the closest pre stabilished cover positions and melee ones just charge in your direction, that is it, and most console gamers are okay with it. Good luck finding someone that have alot of experience on complex FPS Ai these days, even assuming the companies want it.

Last edited:

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
I remember Crysis and Far Cry having OK open world AI. Far Cry was cheesy hard on higher difficulties, so maybe it just cheated, but Crysis seemed pretty reasonable in the way AI would flank you and such. My memory could be wrong, though, as it's been years since I've played those games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom