Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

thesecret1

Arcane
Started in Hardcore Mode because I'm no fucking casual.
Finish the hunt with Hans, ride all the was to Neuhof, run to the bandit in the forst, accidentally get fucking stabbed to the death by him. Last Hardcore save: When I slept at the camp for the hunt.

:rage:
Learn how to make savior's schnapps, buy ingredients for it from herbalists for cheap, and never feel strapped for saves again.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Started in Hardcore Mode because I'm no fucking casual.
Finish the hunt with Hans, ride all the was to Neuhof, run to the bandit in the forst, accidentally get fucking stabbed to the death by him. Last Hardcore save: When I slept at the camp for the hunt.

:rage:
Learn how to make savior's schnapps, buy ingredients for it from herbalists for cheap, and never feel strapped for saves again.

Nigga I just started out, I'm trying to get all the tutorial stuff over first.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
this is the stupidest mechanic I have ever heard of in my life

if I ever see Vavra around Prague i will shout "stupid simulationist cunt retard" at him and then add one more "cunt" for emphasis

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
if I ever see Vavra around Prague i will shout "stupid simulationist cunt retard" at him

While i agree with the sentiment, what exactly does a potion to enable savegames simulate outside of pointlessness?

Eliminates the F5-F9 faggotry, plus it's a potent alcohol so even if you brew a bunch and still spam quicksave every 2 minutes like a brainless casual you'll get drunk, pass out and long term you'll get the Alcoholic debuff.

In one word - incline.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Nigga I just started out, I'm trying to get all the tutorial stuff over first.

L2Alchemy in general. On Hardcore it'll make your life so much easier.

Also what negative perks are you running with?

Tapeworm and Nightmares. The latter makes saving via sleeping even worse in the beginning.

E: Okay fuck OFF, Hardcore forced more immersion breaking behavior than regular play because you're walking on eggshells. Not saving between cutscenes is also the most retarded shit.

e2: The fucking alchemist in Rattay doesn't HAVE the schnapps recipe!
Im an idort - Didn't think Henry would know the recipe from the get-go.

Last edited:

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Eliminates the F5-F9 faggotry, plus it's a potent alcohol so even if you brew a bunch and still spam quicksave every 2 minutes like a brainless casual you'll get drunk, pass out and long term you'll get the Alcoholic debuff.

In one word - incline.

In one word - bullshit. Games should not mess up with the save system to affect difficulty, that is just a cheap way out. But i already wrote about that extensively in this thread before, no point in repeating myself.

Hassar

Scholar
KCD has heart. It has soul. If KCD sang the Blues, you'd want to listen.

It's a (very) flawed gem but a gem nonetheless. It's got likeable characters and a setting that'll make any decent person feel right at home. It's also more ambitious than one might think and does some very cool things that you won't see in any AAA action RPG. Even with all of its rough edges it's a beautiful thing to behold in these dark times.

I initially purchased it used at a Gamestop. After playing for twenty or so hours, I returned the used version for an exchange and purchased a brand new “Kingdom Come” game disc so the sale would register. Gotta support new efforts with such vision as much as possible.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

In one word - incline.

In one word - bullshit. Games should not mess up with the save system to affect difficulty, that is just a cheap way out. But i already wrote about that extensively in this thread before, no point in repeating myself.

If it bothers you that much just use the mod.

xuerebx

Erudite
Meh, I'm enjoying the limited saves. I'm not learning the recipe to brew saviour schnappes though as I think it would defeat the purpose.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If it bothers you that much just use the mod.

I've dropped the game since i find it very tedious (a lot of the stuff you have to manually do would probably work fine in VR but to me they just feel unnatural on a mouse and keyboard or even a gamepad - i tried both and couldn't get used to any control scheme) but i played it enough to not really need the mod. I'm not looking for a workaround, what bothers me is the idea of messing up with the savesystem itself, i just find it bad game design to have the game's simulation interact with elements of the simulation's implementation. But as i wrote above, i went into great detail on that stuff already before.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
this is the stupidest mechanic I have ever heard of in my life

if I ever see Vavra around Prague i will shout "stupid simulationist cunt retard" at him and then add one more "cunt" for emphasis
There's a mod that removes it.

Enviado de meu SM-G950F usando o Tapatalk

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Bought this on release and got to the final castle siege, but then moved on to other stuff. Figured I should finish the game before the year is out lol.

Gotta say I am somewhat surprised that the game actually ends in such a massive cliffhanger - waiting several years to find out what happens next will be tough. I would be pissed if they had a new protagonist/did not follow up on the story in KCD2.

while i appreciate non-orthodox saving methods and i wish i never needed to quicksave again, this game and its bugs can't afford it. i still resent this game for screwing with the capturing birds in cages quest and no way to work around it. i hope all this time later it's been fixed, but even if not at least now i can have my modded schnapps.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
upload_2021-1-1_6-31-23.png

The fuck is going on with the graphics here.
Is there a tweak guide for this game somewhere? I couldn't find any. Fucked around with various graphic settings and ended up with... that.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Looks like some issue with ambient occlusion or global illumination (AO looks more likely though). I'd check any settings related to those.

Funposter

Arcane
The limited saves would be fine if not for the fact that it's an open-world RPG with lots of bugs. Anyone claiming that the schnapps save system is somehow perfect (or even just better than a normal system) is either being disingenuous for codex cool points or didn't play through the Monastery quest at launch. Great quest, but it has about 10,000 variables which caused things to go wrong regularly and created a lot of frustration due to the quest's structure.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I've returned to KCD for an ultimate Hardcore playthrough with all DLCs.

Spent 2 hrs on the fight with Kunesh, reloading from a Normal mode game's autosave :lol: It's not a "difficult" fight in the normal sense of the word, it's just very much a case of "self-reinforcing feedback" - the side which manages to score two hits without getting hit soon will most likely win. And the more beaten you get the more likely you'll get beaten further. It's really decided in the first couple of hits. Also, I think there is an element of randomness to how much delay will be to the player's key input. In some attempts my blocks seem to connect much more often than in others. There is an undocumented feature - tapping the block key while the enemy is swinging performs a counter which he can never block. I'm still mashing keys too often to ascertain if it's just the first press of the block key while he is swinging, or does it need to be a double tap while he is swinging.

Anyway, I think for the Hardcore playthrough I'll go with whatever comes out of that fight. There are so many other ways to solve the quest.

Last edited:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Even with proper access to Schnaps for saving, it's obvious that hardcore was simply tacked on. The game not saving after its constant long ass cutscenes is utterly retarded.

Harthwain

Magister
It's an interesting take in my opinion. You have the option to save at any point, but with a drawback so it doesn't render limited saving pointless. And limited saving has an impact, because you are more willing to carry on with negative consequences of your actions if the alternative is loading a save that's an hour (or more) earlier.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom