Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Gargaune

Magister
CD Projekt Red, why did you put a prompt on-screen to press T to answer a call if you're gonna answer it for me anyway? How about voice mail? Or a ring-back feature? I know it's too late for a Codex fundraiser, but here's what I'd like to see for some quest DLC anyway:

V picks up a side job to uncover a 2077 scam where a Nigerian prince spams the good people of Night City that if they'd just open a small account with 100 eurobucks for him, he'll send them the location of another settlement that needs their help. V investigates this public menace and discovers that Regina's the secret mastermind behind it. Upon confronting Regina, the dialogue presents the player with four options, namely "←", "↑", "→" and "↓", and all four of them lead to V shooting Regina in the head. Then V automatically answers a call from Alex Jacobson who says "Well done!"

FEAR's AI is better than every FPS I've played since. I don't understand why they don't just outsource that AI. Lazy devs can buy it and modify it slightly.

I don't know how game AI works, so it was probably heavily scripted to only work in the limited and confined spaces of FEAR's level design, but it's still really impressive.
Never played FEAR, but I seem to recall STALKER having some decent AI back in the day, and that game had plenty of open spaces. Then again, it's been ages since I've played it, am I misremembering just on account of the high lethality?

There's this ugly greenish brownish tint that pollutes the character creation screen and makes every color inaccurate. Don't know what the hell they were thinking.
I still don't know whether there's brown hair in the game.

Mortmal

Arcane
I really want to play this but I'm obsessively-compulsively waiting for more & more patches because... well, you know. Has anyone played this with 1.06 and had very few problems or is this possibility just as mythical as the unicorn? Also, has there been a humorous compilation of CP bugs yet on YT or something (please, not too many twitchtards)? I always find those fun to watch... as long it only happens to the other guy.

Wait for a month or two. I had practically no bugs in 1.04, but now they're everywhere (1.06), although for most people it was the other way around.

Not a single game-breaking or quest-breaking bug though.
Got a cyberpsychosis quest bug , the one near the pier , it's not validated, so stuck at 16/17 . Got quite a few graphical glitches and quest bugs , that doing almost everything now 50+ hours in . All in all lot more glitches than an ubisoft AAA game but a lot lot less than something from bethesda, i still had to use the console to fix my little nephew 's save in skyrim so he can finish stormcloak quest line . That's 10 years after release and still busted.
If you see many videos about them bugs its simple, there's a whole fauna on youtube feeding upon this, when the CDPR giant fall the hyenas feast. Make meme , make a funny video telling everyone it's complete shit and you'll get views, thats all it is about, money.

KK1001

Arbiter
Fixing the dissonance between "you're dying" and "hey V, got a gig for you...": have each side gig you choose advance the 'fuck you're dying dude' meter. This wouldn't be popular, and this sort of thing is probably an unfixable part of the design of open world + linear storytelling.

Fixing the combat AI: 1) add basic pin + flank behavior 2) alert when you see an ally get killed by a hack or disappear and start patrolling 3) deal with verticality with grenades, holding tight to cover 4) deal with snipers by enemy hacks that fuck with weapon sway, or have the NPCs go to weapon caches and try to get snipers of their own

Fixing reputation, gang reactivity: probably unfixable in terms of how it affects quests, but I'd like to see at the very least the gang send elite soldiers after you, charge you more at shops, or refuse to sell you certain items. I shouldn't be able to betray dee voodoo boys and then have them like "oh well we will sell you stuff still"

Those are, as I see it, the main problems with the game as it stands.

typical user

Arbiter
The combat AI of Cyberpunk 2077 is OK. The game just lacks reinforcements system or fight or flee mechanic as the best tactic usually revolves around falling back and killing anyone who rushes you. The rest is just polishing the combat systems like enemy AI being able to stagger/knock-down player, slow him down, disarm him or disable cyberware. The game has scripted turrets in one story-mission which fire mortar shells, it is a good mechanic to punish camping behind cover and playing popamole. Enemies try to flush you with grenades, the problem is the game is missing a grenadier enemy type. And explosive weapons in general (rocket and grenade launchers apart from projectile arm).

The AI is doing good job at flanking you. I very often get busy with snipers, turrets or a rushers to not notice someone attacking me from the side or back. That is if I deep-enter the area. The NCPD distress-calls have none, so the combat there sucks as it usually revolves shooting people in the streets or middle of the desert.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Yeah it is dumb that the game signals that you're dying while simultaneously giving you infinite time to do side quests, I remember wondering about that myself, like well am I on a time limit or not FFS

So then what is the indicator in the main menu to the right of Keanu Reeves' affinity score?
I think it's how far into the main quest you are. It only moves if you finish certain main quests.

I've had it on 40% right before the finale. They made the glitches more severe as the time went on, even in (after) side quests. Interesting how V never seemed to droop blood at inopportune moments.

To be honest, the game succeeded at making the whole situation seem like a fucking curse, unlike MOTB. Despite the fake urgency and coughing blood for no reason.

alyvain

Learned
I've had it on 40% right before the finale.

I believe that's it, it was the case for me too. Maybe it increases faster if you have quarrels with Johnny, but I really do not think so.

If I remember it correctly, it even changes post-epilogues with custom descriptions. But that may be fake news.

Gerrard

Arcane
Just found out you can literally talk to all the targets in the assassination mission gigs, where they will attempt to explain their situation, plea, or even bribe you, you can take the bribe and then kill them, or you can take the bribe and leave failing the mission, then the fixer would call you and talk your ear off "wtf V?" You also don't have to kill them, you can knock them unconsciousness, and then carry their body to a truck that will be waiting nearby.
And? Does that actually affect anything?

potatojohn

Arcane
Just found out you can literally talk to all the targets in the assassination mission gigs, where they will attempt to explain their situation, plea, or even bribe you, you can take the bribe and then kill them, or you can take the bribe and leave failing the mission, then the fixer would call you and talk your ear off "wtf V?" You also don't have to kill them, you can knock them unconsciousness, and then carry their body to a truck that will be waiting nearby.
And? Does that actually affect anything?
Did your post affect anything?

just

Liturgist
hard to talk to them when you're burning their synapses 200m away

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
dunno if anyone posted this, watching it now
It was very much a letdown, clickbait. Self-promotes for 15 minutes explaining how the Earth revolves around the Sun, while namedropping Cyberpunk 2077 but has no insider knowledge and makes no in-depth analysis of public sources, because that would mean going through the trouble of researching them. Everyone is great at reciting the alphabet in project planning, but practice differs from theory.

Naraya

Arcane
I think we can expect a plethora of "X killed Cyberpunk" movies created by armchair developers.

This sweet sweet youtube-ad money.

Meanwhile I'm in the middle of the 3rd playthrough of this DEAD GAEM and still having tons of fun.

KK1001

Arbiter
The art direction, sound design, and world building are really next-gen shit. Anyone who says the city feels "dead" because you can't go bowling or whatever needs to have their head checked.

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter
I think we can expect a plethora of "X killed Cyberpunk" movies created by armchair developers.

This sweet sweet youtube-ad money.

Meanwhile I'm in the middle of the 3rd playthrough of this DEAD GAEM and still having tons of fun.
ijDCchg.jpg

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
The art direction, sound design, and world building are really next-gen shit. Anyone who says the city feels "dead" because you can't go bowling or whatever needs to have their head checked.

I agree that GTA 'minigames' are extraneous garbage to please the hoople-head masses. But the complete lack of AI for NPC pedestrians, cars, and police is inexcusable. And there should be WAY more reactivity in how you interact with the city. Gangs that actively patrol their territory and hunt you down the more you kill them, mercenaries paid to make a hit on you (nemesis system) etc. The aesthetics of Night City are GREAT and it can carry the game for a distance. But this game has the classic, "wide as an ocean, deep as a puddle" open world game problem, and I think as soon as that begins to show through the whole structure begins to crack and fall apart. Obviously this depends on the individual how long it takes to happen.

Turjan

Arcane
By the way I wonder whether some of the weirdness in my game, like that sex shop with all the dildos missing from Jig Jig Street during the first patches, came from someone at CDPR mistaking Austria for Australia.

Koolz

Learned
Possibly Retarded

dunno if anyone posted this, watching it now

This guy should have been teaching the Board of CD Project Red on how they would go about their development proccess.

He probably teaches CEOs of companies his theoretical approach.

And yet, he speaks the truth about creation in the Biz. You always have to be flexible. If something needs to be changed you have to change it and you have to factor in time vs finished product.

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.

You are a fucking masochist. Real talk man- It isn't THAT good. Not even a little. It is very decent but it in no way warrants 3 playthroughs unless you are terminally bored and having literally nothing else to play. I played it 1.5 times and that was more than enough. I restarted half way through because I became so OP so early on I was terminally bored. 2nd playthrough I sort of purposefully gimped myself to keep it interesting but the game is so on rails I can't possibly see the value of a 3rd playthrough.

Down the road if modders get into it to a Skyrim level of modding then there may be something to play through again, but now no way in hell.

Koolz

Learned
Possibly Retarded
Sound Design??????????

I didn't hear anything that I could compare to Film for Sound Design.

You know the Hits in Blade Runner are the Drums smacked with Compression with a Lexicon 220 creating long washed out tail and taking out the transients of those drums.

Boom...decay....Blade Runner!

Semiurge

Cipher
There are no kids in NC, it's just little people. They're invincible because little people are clearly superior and got cyberware that stops you from shooting them (seriously, why is this not a thing?)

3nuphpy8p7861.jpg

She's an adult in a child's cyborg body! Totally okay to bang.

motoko_kusanagi_gits_1995_60_by_edua234_dcv3izt-fullview.jpg

Yeah that's the whole game in a nutshell, starting out innocently believing that this is an actual world that one can get immersed in, and then having that immersion destroyed by bugs, inconsistent storytelling, shitty AI, game-ruining balance issues, nonsensical characters, stupid Easter eggs, hilarious 'physics', etc

There's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad.

I agree, but not the psychic stuff. They should have other means of searching for you. For example one of them can take manual control over the cameras and look around for you, just as you can do the same. IDK. Something to that extent. But omniscient, psychic crap can go to one place: hell.

What makes you think they're simply not tracking you via your cyberbrain, like people are tracked via smartphones. :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom