Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Flying Dutchman

Learned
Another translation of same comments on net not sure how accurate:

<Clipped>

>If you didn't play the first game or read any rulebooks you can lost in the character's logic. Many of nonimportant NPC's don't have logic at all, like, they tell you for 3 hours how they can't kill anybody, because they gave an oath and now they only feed on rats, because they've rad Twighlight (what???) and after 5 minutes they fucking splatter the police spec ops with a wooden board and burn them to the fuck's mother.

>It's a big-big secret. You should write them (not me). They called people to test their game while they had a free time. They took me for a 2 months, some peeps wowrked for a half of year and I fuckin know they are hear, they're just afraid of 30 k bucks sanctions.

"Burn them to the fuck's mother" is my new battlecry.

Flying Dutchman

Learned
Indeed, and this was shown to me even before the game was announced :). I never understood why Paradox didn't release videos of it to the public after the press had discussed it already and new content was obviously missing. It clashes with several points of the alleged beta tester, unless they changed it completely...

Since you can't discuss the game itself (although this is helpful), can you describe your general emotional state 5 min before playing/shown the Bloodlines 2 material, and then compare it to your emotional state right after the demo/video was done? We don't even have to discuss the game, just your... feels. All of them. Come on. Give them to me.

Or just rate your pain on a scale of 1 to 10

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Indeed, and this was shown to me even before the game was announced :). I never understood why Paradox didn't release videos of it to the public after the press had discussed it already and new content was obviously missing. It clashes with several points of the alleged beta tester, unless they changed it completely...

Since you can't discuss the game itself (although this is helpful), can you describe your general emotional state 5 min before playing/shown the Bloodlines 2 material, and then compare it to your emotional state right after the demo/video was done? We don't even have to discuss the game, just your... feels. All of them. Come on. Give them to me.

Or just rate your pain on a scale of 1 to 10
I vaguely recall him being fairly positive about it in the aftermath, honestly. But I think people in general were a lot more positive back then (shortly after it was announced).

Flying Dutchman

Learned
Looks like Paradox shill Outstar is shitting all over the beta tester feedback that we also posted in this thread:

Guess that's why they pay her the big bucks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wesp5

Arcane
Since you can't discuss the game itself (although this is helpful), can you describe your general emotional state 5 min before playing/shown the Bloodlines 2 material, and then compare it to your emotional state right after the demo/video was done?

I was in fact positively surprised! Remember that this was long ago before Mitsoda and the others were fired. The intro was similar to Bloodlines, more or less a sequence of cutscenes that showed the mass embrace, you being caught and brought in front of the vampire council of Seattle. Then all hell broke loose when fire shook the building and you had to flee. Which was the tutorial. You ended up at the pier which had a fantastic atmosphere, met another thin blood that was killed right before your eyes and took over his flat where you met Dale. Especially the dialogue with the latter had all the wits and fun of Mitsoda and I liked it and the character very much!

Flying Dutchman

Learned
I was in fact positively surprised! Remember that this was long ago before Mitsoda and the others were fired. The intro was similar to Bloodlines, more or less a sequence of cutscenes that showed the mass embrace, you being caught and brought in front of the vampire council of Seattle. Then all hell broke loose when fire shook the building and you had to flee. Which was the tutorial. You ended up at the pier which had a fantastic atmosphere, met another thin blood that was killed right before your eyes and took over his flat where you met Dale. Especially the dialogue with the latter had all the wits and fun of Mitsoda and I liked it and the character very much!

Was that other thinblood also turned during the Mass Embrace?

Was Jeanette one of the council?

Am trying to find out what Ellison was on about with her writingz and how verified-checkmark the beta tester's comments are.

Flying Dutchman

Learned
Wesp5

So I'm not a modder, but are Hardsuit planning to make Bloodlines 2 truly moddable, or is it more an issue with what the Unreal engine allows?

I've lost track of what they've promised/not promised, but I figured you'd be one of the best people to ask.

Also, kudos on all the work you did on Bloodlines 1, I wasn't aware of exactly how much until I went researching. Thank you!

Flying Dutchman

Learned
I doubt that's high on their priotities list now, even if it would allow gamers wesp to fix what they couldn't bother to.

Oh, I agree. I think they have their hands full trying to plug all the leaks in their pipelines first, but I was curious what they had said/promised, if anything. And if they promised nothing, was curious how moddable UE was (I know nothing, so asking).

I'd probably add that I don't think Hardsuit even knows what a "priorities list" is, based on how things are going with their management.

Wesp5

Arcane
Wesp5
So I'm not a modder, but are Hardsuit planning to make Bloodlines 2 truly moddable, or is it more an issue with what the Unreal engine allows?

The original producers, some of who came out of the modding scene, had this high on their list, with beta testing by me and other modders planned. But they are all gone now and I don't know if Assassins Creed games are moddable at all ;)...

prengle

Savant
Wesp5

The original producers, some of who came out of the modding scene, had this high on their list, with beta testing by me and other modders planned. But they are all gone now and I don't know if Assassins Creed games are moddable at all ;)...
lol you know the game's fucked with a capital f when not even wesp can fix hardsuit's game for them

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Why are you guys even talking about modding lol, don't you understand that game being allowed to mod is harmful for the company that made that game?
That's why it's less and less modding out there.
Forget about it in new games from AA and AAA monsters.

Last edited:

Flying Dutchman

Learned

Was Schlutter one of these producers? (He was fired along with Cluney and Mitsoda.) Would love to know who these producers were or if they left the project.

To be fair to Paradox, I always thought they recognized how important modding was to the type of games they'd previously made. I know RPGs are different than strat titles, but still.

Is Unreal very moddable or is it extremely mod-resistant? Or does it depend on the company and how it uses the engine?

HansDampf

Arcane
Why are you guys even talking about modding lol, don't you understand that game being allowed to mod is harmful for the company that made that game?
That's why it's less and less modding out there.
Forget about it in new games from AA and AAA monsters.
Don't forget the future of gaming: AAAA games.

No really, they're trying to make that a thing.
What a AAAA game entails compared to a AAA remains a mystery, but Ubisoft is working on two of them, including Beyond Good and Evil 2.

ZUeCbT5.gif

Avarize

Magister
In another time I might actually be excited by a super triple A sequel to Beyond Good and Evil, but not in our present. The game had a somewhat ethnic female protag. The sequel is going to be jerking off on that while doing little else.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
In another time I might actually be excited by a super triple A sequel to Beyond Good and Evil, but not in our present. The game had a somewhat ethnic female protag. The sequel is going to be jerking off on that while doing little else.
Just call it what it is. She's a nigger.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom