Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Say one SHITTY thing about a GOOD game

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I am once again reminded that 'good game' is very much a subjective term...

curds

Magister
Arcanum has shitty combat.
VtMB has shitty combat.
Fallout 1 and 2 have shit inventory UIs.
Baldur's Gate II drags on a bit in the middle, and has annoying companions.
Planescape: Torment has the Curst Prison.
ToEE has the Village of Hommlet.

curds

Magister
Knights of the chalice is too reliant on initiative rolls. If you don’t get a good one on the first round, in some battles, you may as well just reload then and there.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The way that kingmaker handles sneak attack and enemy AI is awful.

I mean, I love the game, but why the enemy who can cast dimensional door decides to walk into a zone fulfilled with sirrocos, magma deadly earth, cloudkills and etc?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Thief 1 doesn't have enough domestic, non-fantasy levels.

Was gonna say this, brofist.

• Morrowind's default starting walking speed is ridiculously slow and meant to pad the game out, and it sucks.
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution's ending is a horrible, horrible button choice with zero preceding differences.
  • Pathfinder Kingmaker's bullshit kingdom management is a tedious slog with arbitrary challenges and turning it off was glitchy as fuck at release.
  • Resident Evil 4 controls like ass.
  • FEAR has repetitive as hell level visuals.
  • Prey gives you way too many neuromods.
  • Wolfenstein: The New Order has too many fucking cutscenes.

Reinhardt

Arcane
  • Morrowind's default starting walking speed is ridiculously slow and meant to pad the game out, and it sucks.
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution's ending is a horrible, horrible button choice with zero preceding differences.
  • Resident Evil 4 controls like ass.
  • FEAR has repetitive as hell level visuals.
  • Prey gives you way too many neuromods.
  • Wolfenstein: The New Order has too many fucking cutscenes.
Title says GOOD GAME

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Every aspect of Arcanum that is not writing or reactivity related is shitty. Particularily the combat.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Every aspect of Arcanum that is not writing or reactivity related is shitty. Particularily the combat.

Spellcasting is not tied to writing and amazing. I can cast disintegrate into objects lie doors, windows and etc. Even the heaviest iron door

That said so many RPG's has a caster capable of disintegrating colossal sized dragons but unable to use it on a wooden door...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

FNV -> Enemies are too bullet sponge and hardcore should make you and the enemies more "human" in survivabiilty.

TheBreadcrumb

Novice
Underrail PSI nerf. No fun allowed

Mount & Blade the Second: Bonerlord isn't finished yet

Divinity Original Sin 2 had source magic which was only a bit more powerful than regular spells at best which made the idea of sourcerers being these mighty beings underwhelming at a gameplay standpoint.

Arcanum, Morrowind and VTMB has terrible combat

Trap Shrine/Legend are too short, gameplay not to be intended if you know what I mean

Hitman 1 and 2 Has that god awful always online shtick going for it

Kingdoms of Amalur is super generic in both it's story and the look of the world in general

Evenicle has some VERY questionable sex scenes to put it lightly

Last edited:

Thal

Augur
Icewind Dale is too linear and it's scope is too unambitious.

Baldur's Gate should have had a more extensive and involved questline in Chapter 5 instead of just being able to waltz into Iron Throne HQ.

Fallouts have bad combat and poor encounter design.

Arcanum
has even worse combat.

Morrowind's
systems are too easily broken.

Thief 1 is too easy without self-imposed restriction of ghosting levels.

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
Pathfinder: Kingmaker gets boring fast, though it shouldn't be.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom