Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Problem with Watched Threads - unread threads not showing

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Has something changed or broke related to the functionality?

Previously I was able to read only one page of a thread if I felt like it and then go back to Watched Threads, and if the thread still had pages I hadn't read, it'd be shown on the list. Now, however, it seems that I'd have to read a thread all the way to the end, since a partially-read thread is handled as if it had been read completely, i.e. it doesn't show on the Watched Threads list.

To give a tangible example, I opened the Star Citizen thread a while ago from the Watched Threads list. It took me to about halfway page 308, exactly where I had left off. I read to the end of that page and instead of continuing on to 309, I decided to leave it for later and clicked on Watched Threads instead. No Star Citizen thread listed.

This isn't the first incident, I noticed this problem earlier today with another thread. It may have been happening even earlier, I don't know.

Please fix, I use the Codex on multiple devices and losing this functionality will make reading the threads very hard indeed.

Morblot

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I've been experimenting further with this. It seems that it kind of almost works correctly if the thread I'm abandoning midway is long enough. If a thread has, say, 20 pages, and I read to the end of page 12 before abandoning it, the thread does show on Watched Threads and clicking on it takes me to page 14 (when it should take me to page 13). If I then read pages 14 and 15, it will still show on Watched Threads, and then next time it'll take me to page 17 (instead of 16 as it should).

So I'm guessing the problem is not really with Watched Threads but instead there's something wonky or broken about how far XenForo thinks I've gotten in a thread.

I'm getting used to this but obviously it's not optimal and I'm still hoping for a fix of some kind. (Is anybody else experiencing any problems of this sort?)

Syl

Cipher
The 'Unread' functionality only tracks dates up to 1 month back. If the last post you read is older that 1 month, it doesn't work. Instead, it takes you back 1 month ago in the thread.

It would indeed be nice to make Watched threads a special case that tracks last read post anywhere/anytime.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
The administration listened to your complaints and finally gave us exactly what we needed to solve (among many others) the issue at hand:

doritos.png

Morblot

Patron
The 'Unread' functionality only tracks dates up to 1 month back. If the last post you read is older that 1 month, it doesn't work. Instead, it takes you back 1 month ago in the thread.

Yes, but this isn't the case here. My problem occurs even though the messages are only at most a week old.

Although, to be honest, I don't know if the problem still persists. I don't feel like testing it either, too busy with other shit.

edit: Yes it still happens. Fuck. How many potato do I have to give for this to be fixed?

Syl

Cipher

Yes, but this isn't the case here. My problem occurs even though the messages are only at most a week old.

Although, to be honest, I don't know if the problem still persists. I don't feel like testing it either, too busy with other shit.

edit: Yes it still happens. Fuck. How many potato do I have to give for this to be fixed?
Chrome has an option that preloads pages in the background, it could be the problem. It can be deactivated in chrome://settings/cookies.

Or you have a browser extension that does the same, I don't know. It's working fine for me so I guess the problem is on your end. :|

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom