Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Underrail, Dominating, Oddity, Too Squishy

Yaz

Learned
3UoCQ1Z.jpg

I opened this here curtain from stealth.

TluGYSO.jpg

And made some noise inside after waiting for stealth to come off cooldown.

OMke7Xz.jpg

While the commotion was on I snuck behind to the elevator. There's a Dex check here so keep that in mind.

3GpGyS7.jpg

First thing downstairs is to barricade myself in this here room.

rIFQlmt.jpg

And use gas, ice and acid to deal with the first crab group.

FzLSMZD.jpg

Some nice damage coming from the new Acid Gun.

usB1TW5.jpg

Repeat the same with the next group of crabs.

JSrivFJ.jpg

I though I'd get the attention of the entire group here. Instead the ones to the west don't get alerted. Crabs don't holler for help.

AbTqajN.jpg

This could be useful for someone out there.

XaIyEu9.jpg

Regardless I still alerted the rest as usual.

ruGyPNQ.jpg

And made the usual kill zone here.

elKQdIa.jpg
4c5LBO5.jpg

The next level has nothing but a handful of Strongmen which are easily dealt with by the Acid Gun. There's also Nets, Taser and Cryostasis for one turn if Entanglement doesn't proc, but in my case it always did.

XTEX06E.jpg

In the generator room there will be four Strongmen. I don't use stealth here, instead I start combat while they are still in the animation of waking up. That way I will have movement point to push this console here and lock 2 of them out.

eyJ3xDK.jpg

EMP'd these two.

yvcA2Tz.jpg

And grabbed the quest item with Adrenaline Shot.

1ebkz1e.jpg

ON the next turn they were still inactive so I just opened this here door and ran.

qJXS0VI.jpg

Since Strongmen are pretty slow you can just run away from there given enough space. Combat ended and I exited through the chain from the crane I repaired earlier.

zOVDtcd.jpg

Since I didn't activate the power the muties weren't aggressive so instead I opened their vendours. There can be interesting things from them.

LD8t6TO.jpg

vOt0zh3.jpg

I finished the Aegis shenanigans and opened the global travel.

DDfRCun.jpg

I did some small crafting back at the Core and then walked out to this zone here.

7A9TWy7.jpg

PNQEQDr.jpg

Used the new Detection Goggles to spot all these trap while sneaking around. Happy to say it was pretty smooth.

t9im9vC.jpg

I then hid out of sight here to start combat out stealth.

suwmmmc.jpg

One MKV Frag did good work here.

bH3rvwf.jpg

Managed to take down the Bomber with a bullet or two, then consumed an Adrenaline Shot + Vanishing Powder Grenade and exited to the North.

UhnGI6T.jpg

The dogs you saw from earlier can actually chase you after you use a Vanishing Powder Grenade on the basis of them being fast enough to keep their Orange Eye up at all times. The didn't spot me as I, too, was quick enough with the Adrenaline Shot.

XhMUml6.jpg

I then snuck all the way around to the other entrance of the zone.

6eJ1GlI.jpg

Hid here to start combat out of stealth.

PIkyckq.jpg

Since some enemies in this zone won't move back when investigating noise I can just resume from where I left it.

welXEK3.jpg

Flashbanged these two Gunners and created some space.

eERKJgG.jpg

Leading to all these enemies stacking at the source of the first explosion. We can use the additional mines there for some extra boom.

5wX8x5M.jpg

The correct thing to do after that is create more space.

a4hFJSx.jpg

Froze this Demolisher here next to the mine.

PCdTrq1.jpg

And made more booms on the following turn with the help of said mine.

MxcjZUx.jpg

Decided the leave the area again before the Adrenaline Shot wore off.

YRFd2bE.jpg

And snuck all the way around. Combat starts at a disadvantage, but the enemies are so far away that it doesn't matter.

oDRyUVh.jpg

A Demolisher finally managed to throw a 'nade at me, but it was soaked entirely by the shield.

vDDR2v8.jpg
eiyliIL.jpg

The clean up involved a 'nade or two more plus some punching and stabbing for the last enemy.

E9iwNw1.jpg

I consumed a Root Soda to take first turn when I walked in the range of this turret. Then just ran to it and tased it.

E8diM5N.jpg

Took it out using this corner and the Acid Gun.

xRH2wAo.jpg

And reported to the Faceless next door.

4qfONt9.jpg

This Gaunt here can spawn interesting poisons, including Spirit Poison, but you will need more Pickpocketing than me to get it in case it does spawn.

HvGfa9h.jpg

Took the train to Rail Crossing and passed by Constantine's for some big spending.

q2ZErNm.jpg

Started their questline and stole the money back from Myles for his help with the device.

y2rrwUh.jpg

Always equip your Detection Goggles when sneaking around.

ucI2zW9.jpg

For the small group of Ironheads I waited for the patrolling Gunner to pass close to the rest and opened up with a 'nade from stealth. Froze the Gunner who resisted the Flashbang and took a position around the corner.

AzqKfAb.jpg

Standing around the corner is means to avoid getting a 'nade chucked at you. Unfortunately my next throw was off target so I couldn't finish the encounter here. I had to resort to another Vanishing Powder Grenade and left through the North to refresh cooldowns. Note that I moved slightly closer in order to hide with the VPG. Clean up was easy after that.

6iHLKtn.jpg

Moved on to the next area and broke all the cameras while they were powered down.

PgddGZx.jpg

Activated the power...

eDV96oN.jpg

...and equipped the Tac Vest with the new Antithermic Tabis. Not that the suicide bots would get the chance to come close, but just in case. The Sentry Bots can't deal any damage against bullet threshold of 72. All in all, easy clean up.

rdSYZix.jpg

Detection Goggles and I spot these mines here.

JxjIoiU.jpg

Out of stealth I threw a crappy 'nade at this bot there.

ViVPNPj.jpg

This alerts the entire level and both bots and bugs come to check what's up. They will also fight each other which is welcomed. Sometimes depending on the Plasma Bot patrolling pattern the bugs will attack it, but here, unfortunately they attacked the Industrial Bot against which they can't do anything.

yMDpaFs.jpg

Had a nice drop here from this bug.

fUyN2ZR.jpg

Snatched the quest item here.

lUsbeME.jpg

Looted the area and left for back for Rail Crossing.

oC14hdb.jpg

Gave Myles his thing to deactivate the bots.

bUMd777.jpg

And started working on the Faceless.

D8Vj1Vi.jpg

Lucky me - this one dropped an Oddity.

IVsEzsl.jpg

I also broke down the bot for extra loot.

YnInrBV.jpg

One of the bots in the next area dropped what I was looking for.

MTXqOgC.jpg

Over here I deliberately stepped on a mine just to show that with the Tac Vest and Antithermic Tabis you won't take much damage at all. 36 in total.

lBqBA9u.jpg

I continued on and snuck next to this Faceless there as to be out of sight of the patrolling one in the back.

GSHkc3E.jpg

Dropped me another Oddity which is pretty damn rare.

ac876Zb.jpg

I opted for peaceful resolution since I've read the memo from the computer I got from the Ironheads.

VBGxPa4.jpg

Also having Buzzer as an additional shop to sell things to is nice.

lQpfa9Y.jpg

His place can have something nice so do check.

57ZQ4JG.jpg

The captain then send me after the Protectorate train.

y1gQ1Ju.jpg

On the way there you pass by a ran over Crawler which will always have a stinger on. One such stinger is 5 pieces of Crawler Caltrops, for example. Don't forget the 55 Bio you need for that.

RSGxtfw.jpg

There's zero reason to fight these guys.

cyOZZfZ.jpg

The only thing worth doing it over is easily stolen... plus you will get one later on, anyways.

PogtHOZ.jpg

Instead I just went to the Protectorate Outpost and reported on the location.

QuEvyI8.jpg

This will still open up the Protectorate questline so I used the elevator in the outpost and met with the Ambassador.

HanRcZr.jpg

Did some trading in Junkyard then took the ferry to SGS to report to Tanner on the Rail Crossing situation. It does give xp and money.

WG4g8Ur.jpg

Took the train back to Rail Crossing and finished their questline.

QQDNBNy.jpg

Went to Upper Underrail next and directly to Fort Apogee. Note that if you click past this guard here and tell him that you're sent here by the Ambassador your character's movement will be locked during the next small cut-scene. Which means that you can trigger the entire fort to be hostile to you, so do be careful.

WbvTObv.jpg

I join the Protectorate because I am a right-wing imperialist.

igmqoKi.jpg

Well, not really. This guy's the real reason.

kUhPJ5S.jpg

I pick up the Consul's task for some easy dollars. It involves nothing but leg work.

YtBPFV1.jpg

Having stolen a few dollars from the soldiers around and with this payment I can do some shopping.

DhlKRNH.jpg

His supply of explosives is the best in the game.

Yaz

Learned
eN6tBMk.jpg

Something I forgot to mention. This dude will sell Metaworm Gizzards after the Beast is dealt with.

MsoPrsm.jpg

This crafting material is without a doubt one of the most crucial ones in the game.

SI5yv7N.jpg

After doing some crafting and stocking up on all things a cave scientist could want I went to Upper Underrail in this here zone and made some noise at that location.

wYuzbbL.jpg

These guys are not outright aggressive unless you enter their area to the North. If you make them move to a location like that they won't go aggressive at all. So I threw another frag there.

oAYqajo.jpg
mE6trnd.jpg

The frags were starting to do a lot of damage. The lone survivor took a bullet or two.

UNfaDCs.jpg

Curiously combat ended after that as I took to hiding around that corner there. Apparently the sniper from the gang was far away as the commotion was on and because of that he wasn't aggressive. I did spot him first, mind you. But still, good to know. He still came to investigate the gun shots.

l6X5iqI.jpg

Spot these traps there with Detection Goggles and looted their place.

7mjuBhR.jpg

I made my way to the next area.

gcbChrO.jpg

After making a nice kill zone I alerted everyone with a 'nade.

8TD8lCO.jpg

And started making acid puddles everywhere with the usual Gas 'Nade. The area has a two tile entrance. One of the tiles is already occupied by their own mine there so they will never detonate it, i.e., step on it.

cmf7y4o.jpg

This here is good to show. Bear Traps will catch different enemies in a different way. This sniper is slight behind the corner probably due to him sneaking. Some times some enemies can even trigger two Bear Traps at once. Regardless I can't shoot him because it means getting caught in a trap of my own.

wPdUmYt.jpg

Instead I let the toxic gas and acid puddles do their thing and finally detonated the mine with a 'nade.

JIGBRRQ.jpg

It did a lot of damage.

4Ks7PUH.jpg

The clean up was easy.

9CkTHEx.jpg

The area has some decent Oddities and their loot is worth a lot of money.

c9kFDcx.jpg

Looting a barrel or two more I leveled up. https://underrail.info/build/?EggOA...vUylTAAAjAAAASSbCoy8WMCsgJxI-Bl3inY0C4rWuAd-_

CYizzum.jpg

After that I went back to my favourite crafting barrel and made myself this Tac Vest.

nQ9qSFH.jpg
cB8kGVK.jpg

Went to Panacea Lab to stock up on some Toxic Sludge.

8oFtbK2.jpg
KXXAiHI.jpg

And made another crafting circle of the merchants.

jZNGipc.jpg

Made my way to the Core's sewers.

kGbTNhw.jpg

I made myself tanky here since I can't disarm the trap.

MpHxAo2.jpg

The trap crit, though, so I started turn based mode and used a bandage before combat.

VbmQJAi.jpg
NbwESBc.jpg

Blew up the xbow mutie with a frag and froze Rick. A Net and a SMG burst dealt with him. They have some Oddities that need looting.

iSh4Veh.jpg

Went to Zaman's lair without further incident as I already cleared the area.

JG2dUXR.jpg

Always keep good Detection Goggles around... you must be getting tired of that. Anyways - I had no problem spotting the webs. You should have the option to deal with those with Incendiary 'Nades. FUI you can't.

Hftbh6w.jpg

I waited for the first two Coil Spiders to team up a bit and froze the big one. Moved with PLG and quickly dealt with the small one.

vu35URr.jpg

Single isolated target are no problem at this point for a build like that. Expose weakness, a good knife to capitalise on the PLG procs with Opportunist. They just die no matter what.

6yUUGVd.jpg

Some more sneaking around and I made my way to the next group. Note that there's no green eye on that GCS to the west there(I actually cropped it out, my bad, but there's no green eye on that spider there which means my character is out of it's LoS.) Be careful not to bump your character while sneaking as it can happen even when dealing with stationary target like these two small spiders.

cb9Whah.jpg

Freeze, punch, stab.

w1hQy3B.jpg

Again note how there's no green eye on this spider to the SW. That makes the isolated GCS easy to deal with.

Ghy7BDe.jpg

Proceeded to the next area and laid 4 bear traps there. I got the beetles' attention with a 'nade.

ROI2cWU.jpg
R4S6GnW.jpg

I was surprised but a MKIV Frag one shot a beetle. Good stuff.

I9UCtQE.jpg

I made some more acid puddles and let the gas work it's magic. The clean up took another frag.

wZTYaAy.jpg

There's a much needed Oddity here, after all.

ROpv5fR.jpg

Went back to the lair and met with Chop Chop.

mVdKqt8.jpg

The Acidic Entanglement trolled me a little bit as it wasn't proccing until this point here.

WEV4ifW.jpg

Zaman showed up. I know that Acid Guns cause some noise but I didn't expect it to be that much. Since we've moved closer to his room the shooting must have alerted him and he came to investigate. That's good to know.

iK685e1.jpg

Regardless, with QT and Cryostasis he's not a threat on his lonesome.

FVSawvi.jpg

Reported back to Harlan and he sent me after the ICPD.

9ISKcJ1.jpg

Didn't fight Luben 'cause why should I?

daZ8SFt.jpg

Also didn't fight these guys 'cause why should I?

ofehVhJ.jpg

Just stole back the money I paid for it.

UpLezwv.jpg
YwBUhm8.jpg

It's time to do the Warehouse. It's without a doubt one of the hardest encounters in the game.

sm279Aa.jpg

I carpeted everything with poisoned caltrops. I had only Burrower and Crawler on me; unfortunately, I didn't take the time to pace this build more thoroughly. Usually I'd recommend having Cave Ear into Creeper into Crawler for some massive damage. But I'd make due with what I had. Also note I used Metal Boots to walk around.

OKj2q1R.jpg

I laid some Bear Traps in the choke and changed gear while waiting for the horde to appear.

Aac9YOj.jpg

You get the sound queues before combat starts so you can start combat on your own term. Those two Coretech goons get insta gibbed. No chance. I just started chucking 'nades and shoot around this corner there.

psEkNMN.jpg

Stunned targets have their Evasion reduced to zero so that's nice to bypass their damage mitigation when using 'nades. You can see that the mercs which pass the choke are also all getting stunned which makes them easy to take down with bullets and Opportunist.

olvH1J8.jpg

Basically there's no problem while you have Crawler Caltrops in the choke. When you run out of those it can get a bit scary. Here I use a flare to check for stealthed opponents. Because that merc is blocking the pathway there any additional enemies will have to pass through tiles with Crawler Caltrops. None came, however.

9P7jHnz.jpg

Instead I built some flames in the choke and waited for combat to end. Clearly there were more enemies around but they must have been injured as they weren't walking forward.

Nf998JJ.jpg

That gave me the opportunity to recharge the shields and sneak around to find two gunners still lurking around.

2W1e90H.jpg
wrU5jei.jpg

Dealt with them one by one.

L0gygbL.jpg

And looted what I could from the place. It's good coin for it.

WKRwDO1.jpg

Coretech's questline won't proceed unless some Arena shenanigans were in place.

M9SWGlt.jpg

So that's what I did next.

COV10N6.jpg

I took first turn against the Rathound. Blew almost all of them up and let the helpers handle the Ancient Rathound.

HFRsGSI.jpg

Also took first turn against the beetles. Blew half of them up and Flashbanged the other half.

AVnQUSQ.jpg

The Goliathus was no problem on his own as the projections were quickly eaten by us 3.

0TNXe9E.jpg

Some of the siphoners moved before me but I still threw a frag/Flashbang at the ones in the back. For those who came forward I had PLG, Taser, Nets, Cryostasis to repeatedly cc and clean up with the help of the other two.

nRZ2xaA.jpg

Nice and smooth.

ItuRTYq.jpg

Some of the spawn moved before me here but they focused on the helpers.

eQsV0id.jpg

Trapped the Warrior here and did some nice damage with Expose Weakness and a SMG burst.

TKGAjwg.jpg

Before long I was up against Pulveriser. I had forgotten to equip my Acid Gun and the Toxic 'Nades.

8quKyuv.jpg

I do have Quick Pockets on the build so I can do that mid-combat. He didn't move before me so it wasn't a bit issue. I laid a QT'd trap there together with a Gas 'Nade.

lwduoIk.jpg

Entanglement wasn't landing so I switched to the Bio-Technician's Boots mid-combat while he was frozen. You can do that at no penalty if the enemy is either frozen or incapacitated.

RRxbQhz.jpg

Tased him here while safely walking through acid and gas. He does have Flashbangs but in case of failure I could hide around the corner as he's also in Adrenaline withdrawal.

UtadsqB.jpg
WsH2AlZ.jpg

Landed the Entanglement and you can see some nice damage even though he used his Morphine.

RnZl4ne.jpg

Before the next encounter I made myself this piece. Just had some stuff lying around and thought it would be nice to use it for the occasion.

bxtY8ZA.jpg

I made myself tanky.

GQ8NoYJ.jpg

But I still took first turn. So much for the preparation.

bR49nKJ.jpg

I froze Bullseye and hid here to wait for cooldown while changing gear.

74cSrVr.jpg

Started combat and froze him again. Ran to him and placed a Gas 'Nade under him.

3ozyHfy.jpg

Entanglement was quick to follow and that was that.

HUoRbSF.jpg

They named me Sandman. I'll take it.

xMbd4d0.jpg

I put on some Heat Immunity for Master Exploder.

MtAjK8H.jpg

It wasn't needed as I took first turn again.

cbVRwah.jpg

Froze him, changed gear mid-combat and continued on with the usual.

kmsS1tx.jpg

Coretech called.

SKx0ze9.jpg

And I got the task to hunt the Acid Hunters.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
It's time to do the Warehouse. It's without a doubt one of the hardest encounters in the game.
I'll disagree. Here, you have all the time in the world to prepare the battlefield, lots of cover and three allies to distract the heat from you for a time being. I'll rate port Zenith docks and Magnar lair as way harder.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I head for the Pyromaniacs next. Since this is the first time I spawn these I was extra careful around.
I've literally never seen this dungeon before? Who the fuck is Chester? Is one of the new random quests that styg added in an update?

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Also, could you spoiler the pictures? And damn, I thought I was decent at Underrail until I saw this thread. I play like a baby and use a ton of reloads on dominating haha, while this shit looks like a cakewalk for you.

Yaz

Learned
I've literally never seen this dungeon before? Who the fuck is Chester? Is one of the new random quests that styg added in an update?

Pretty much.

Also, could you spoiler the pictures?

Can do. Somebody already asked me before. I actually asked if people wanted spoilers for the pics but no one else chimed in. I will do the next one in spoilers. See what folks think.

And damn, I thought I was decent at Underrail until I saw this thread.

Curious thing about UR I've observed over the years. People can become stuck in their own way of playing the game to the point of not being able to process new ideas.

I usually run a pure psi build. Never really bother much with grenades or building my own equipment.

I really enjoy crafting in this game. Just asking - Legacy Psi?

Yaz

Learned
aQv4SZB.jpg

Since the task is to hunt the Acid Hunters I didn't even talk. Talking can be wonky with it's Initiative checks. Also I didn't have anything with half decent Acid protection on.

MpJ9cZM.jpg

Blew a frag, threw a bang and froze Cornell.

JKvZRAp.jpg

After another frag I retreated behind the one tile entrance leaving a QT'd trap. This made the clean up easy.

C2MOwjl.jpg

Finally got me an ACB.

LIOO3GL.jpg

Reporting back to the Coretech boss opens up the Coretech shop.

woG55d2.jpg
UKSNk6o.jpg

I am not used to Harlan having good stuff, but now he decided to surprise me a bit here with these key parts.

vMzY9YL.jpg

The next task is the Coretech research facility.

3oAlvGZ.jpg

Down there I took to sneaking first and laid some traps around. I exited stealth in broad... cave light and simply waited for the bugs to appear.

kbPD0QV.jpg

I made some noise and threw a Gas 'Nade there. No additional bugs showed up and I was checking with flares quite often.

kZTktEp.jpg

It's because the Cute Snails made a mess out of them.

7q0VdPW.jpg

Anyways, those are easily taken care of.

kTfylbO.jpg

Got me more Toxic Juice.

7iInzZd.jpg

And equipped my version of the Demo Armour.

29u9d4b.jpg

Over here I detonated a mine just to show that they are not lethal.

WMIXegE.jpg

These stairs will lead to the muties, but since I don't have a proper piece of armour for them I skipped this.

NpEUgUt.jpg

Instead I opened up this here door with the key card from the lower floor.

rPe3NG8.jpg

There's Oddities to be had, after all.

JpVscN4.jpg

The Tchortists showed up.

JRVIU3t.jpg

You can scout to check from which tile you can start combat out of stealth.

2Lb2dbH.jpg

Having the MP is important to move around and leave a trap behind you. I used the trapped Tchortist as further tile block and poked the rest with the Acid Gun. Interestingly the Tchortist in the corner there wasn't able to be targeted by a ranged weapon but instead could be attacked with a melee weapon.

pz5rG4m.jpg

Reported back to the boss...

cVQa87U.jpg

...and opened up the private house.

uYSWgWo.jpg
lyEEdrc.jpg
yJWjT4J.jpg
V7RUlT1.jpg

Got me some benches rolling.

tQLjByB.jpg
fLbhmJp.jpg

And got some upgrades.

kWYik6l.jpg

Next I head to Upper Underrail again.

ekzXXNg.jpg

Those two are easily taken care of.

RkPs5hl.jpg

Downstairs I opened the door from stealth and started combat from this corner here.

x90B5DA.jpg

Moved in and left a Toxic 'Nade there.

30tZEgS.jpg

Plus the usual trap a tile behind. After someone gets trapped I decided to make some noise with a frag to call in the additional Drones from the adjacent room.

5iHE8AL.jpg

That's actually a bad idea. The reason is this dude here which I now have targeted uses a Morphine Shot. A detail I forgot to take into consideration. He's the one that initially get's trapped and since I underestimated the amount of damage I would do with my frag I ended up triggering his Morphine Shot. This means that he won't be suitable to be used as a tile block to let the gas build up which means that I now have to clean the whole gang up asap. I still had tools to use, however. My Flashbang managed to incapacitate the three Drones next to the entrance after this frag. Pogchamp.

XAU92aR.jpg

This allowed for a refresh of the frag cooldown and another trap to insure no one can pass the entrance tile.

tpt0CtV.jpg

Once trapped Shred goes down quickly.

saABeBk.jpg

Looted me another random Barrel or two for Oddities.

BHDaAxz.jpg

And leveled up. https://underrail.info/build/?FAgPA...AjAAAASSbCoy8WMCsgJxI-Bl1I4p2NAuKqsgHita4C378

pynSKV7.jpg
ecFGwEO.jpg

Got paid for the job.

HGrGbN6.jpg

And did the shopping. That's a 164 Tungsten Plate there.

MACI6pJ.jpg

Bought me the last bench.

lvnGVT4.jpg

And made this headband.

Lm4dyLO.jpg
VUD5bEL.jpg

With the insane Psionic boost I went to the Core's Docks to poke this ST down. Hide behind this wall here to make it all possible.

mQ6Hoyr.jpg

After a while he will use his Morphine Shot so I can freeze him and use the opportunity to speed things up.

3FQTkVL.jpg

Aegis are now aggressive; we're pirates...

Pvp4ZfM.jpg

...but the Protectorate are still alright with us. First thing I did with the new jet is to sail to this Outpost here next to the Silent Isle.

qCaymOC.jpg

Equipped some Metal Boots and dropped a bag of Crawler Caltrops here. The Soldier there won't go aggressive because he's immune to caltrops.

nhDgF8F.jpg

I worked myself in that corner there by spending MP/AP in turn based more and waited for combat cooldown. Then I made some noise in that location.

AFbP2Gu.jpg

The tin can will come to investigate and go back, but the Sniper and Marine will suffer the poison. They get blown up after the stun procs.

E2Or3Lv.jpg

The Flashbang did it's thing with the tin can, but I have more tools in case it doesn't. Now you can notice that Plasma Turret there. I simply go back to the starting corner tile to hide from it and make sure I don't leave the area by spending all AP beforehand; that's the reason why I pick this spot in the first place.

CkykYqV.jpg

Stab the Marine, then poke the tin can with the new SMG and some W2C bullets.

JAb20Hs.jpg

I got some lucky crits so he goes down before I even have to freeze him.

vuLFvNM.jpg
YJCWGNn.jpg

I work on both the turrets with the Acid Gun.

n5e8qP4.jpg

And strip the Cruiser to make me a super Aegis Jet.

mz5Ri8U.jpg

Literally next door is the Drag'n'Drop and I laugh because I really didn't notice it until now.

ZRg6U1h.jpg

I bought me a White Dude and an Absence. No All In, unfortunately ;).

E7N6ahm.jpg

Showcasing the Marines are not aggressive after that.

39LIh3a.jpg
64pxyom.jpg

I got two new pieces of equipment I'd need for the next step.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I usually run a pure psi build. Never really bother much with grenades or building my own equipment.

I really enjoy crafting in this game. Just asking - Legacy Psi?

I've done a few, pre-expedition runs with other builds, also doing crafting.
Then after expedition came out, I rolled a new psi user. Haven't actually played in months, and I recall reading about psi being reworked. When you mention "legacy psi", is that before rework? If so, I think yes.

Pure psi is powerful, and I like not having to micromanage ammo/consumables.

Yaz

Learned
I've done a few, pre-expedition runs with other builds, also doing crafting.
Then after expedition came out, I rolled a new psi user. Haven't actually played in months, and I recall reading about psi being reworked. When you mention "legacy psi", is that before rework? If so, I think yes.

Pure psi is powerful, and I like not having to micromanage ammo/consumables.

Yeah, I think you've only done Legacy Psi. Pure Psi after the Psi rework has consumable management as now you have a secondary reserves bar from which you draw Psi to use during combat.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Great update. Forgot all about that Free Drones fight by Epione, since I've only done the Protectorate quest line once. One thing that's not talked about is how well executing the "Gas the Drones" quest is. When I saw what I was doing and all the named characters in the Free Drone base, I was super bummed out and felt like a monster. Never did the Protectorate Quest line again.

Yaz

Learned
Great update. Forgot all about that Free Drones fight by Epione, since I've only done the Protectorate quest line once. One thing that's not talked about is how well executing the "Gas the Drones" quest is. When I saw what I was doing and all the named characters in the Free Drone base, I was super bummed out and felt like a monster. Never did the Protectorate Quest line again.

The idea here is that the Drones also have used biochemical warfare in the past. At least the faction are grey in this respect.

But when it comes to which shop I like better - there's just no doubt here as Fraser is the superior merchant.

Yaz

Learned
jDq7grg.jpg

Finally changed my crappy old PLG. I was still using the ones I bought from Len ages ago.

H9fHCXR.jpg

I wanted to work on Dude's quest so I head to Rail Crossing.

OTrUKYa.jpg

Melee attacks from stealth insure first turn under any circumstances. Here combat is still on cooldown when I enter the zone so instead I attack from stealth and take first turn.

gCcMOKF.jpg

The new PLG are coming with some very nice damage.

Vh4ovrg.jpg

The rest is more leg work than anything else so I get the Mushroom Brew without any problems.

KDvvEXM.jpg

I immediately start the drinking session...

XVYQlL4.jpg

...and proceed to Drop Zone.

krRkhgq.jpg
fNUnPX9.jpg

Where I engaged in the traditional Drop Zone exchange of pleasantries.

NbInMyo.jpg

Intelligence allows for an easy pass.

csJV7CB.jpg

Note that the Zoner Ma has this Oddity in case you haven't gotten it before.

Yl70XmZ.jpg

The base stat malus doesn't bother me at all and I engaged the muties in the next Dude home.

AotKVLv.jpg

Trapping and freezing one as a tile block then poking the rest with the SMG.

YMcWbMO.jpg

Not much else to show for it.

ARlyjz6.jpg

Surely Biochorp paid top dollar for the research concerning the Laser Cats.

83UcrJH.jpg

Cooked The Juice.

HbQCEvA.jpg

And hopped in the Rift.

06MUYLX.jpg

So the interesting part can begin. Mineral Oil.

QKqfpvU.jpg

There is one Spec Ops Gunner in the middle of the room to the North but he won't be able to spot character if they move next to the south wall. Their detection is fairly high so you might want to keep that in mind. This build has more than enough Stealth to make it trough even in their detection radius. I started turn-based mode there to run past that camera without it beeping.

qHifYND.jpg

Stole a Grey Army Soldier vest from the locker in the corner and now the cameras all over the place won't beep as long as we're dressed as one.

OAnWLL8.jpg

Stealth takes a hit but I can still remain hidden from the regular soldiers. The Spec Ops will always detect me, though.

QjtnkPg.jpg

Nodding twice the soldiers will leave you alone.

XXW8Ajd.jpg

This only works in the first zone. I haven't tested if it works for the Spec Ops but you can just avoid them by not going in the large middle space.

yOGGeen.jpg

I opened this here Vent Shaft. Note that it's illegal to do so if seen. Have to wait till the cost is clear.

YDEPe6t.jpg

Also opened this one, as well.

DWqorrq.jpg

Having prepared the area for later I moved on.

sbZFGiy.jpg

Changed to full Stealth gear here.

GQ9FZ2B.jpg

And made my way to this crate here. The circle there shows the location of a camera which will beep and I don't want that. The red lines are the path I took on the way there. There's a Spec Ops to the South there so if you have average Stealth you'd need something extra to sneak around.

eLXGHBR.jpg

Passing this Strength check is also possible on a min Str character with Regalia, Vitality Powder, Str Food and probably - although not needed - the Power Fist.

PyoUjZb.jpg

After moving the crate I changed to Grey Armour and hid there to wait for that soldier to pass on.

dyBTgmn.jpg

There is another soldier to the South but he's also on a patrolling route so this camera here will be left alone after a while. Even though it's illegal to be spotted here by anyone you can still walk around if keeping enough distance from the grey dudes.

dXoP3rQ.jpg

I destroyed the camera as an extra precaution and you can see that they are not aggressive. Moved here in turn-based mode to prevent them from walking around. Usually destroying cameras is illegal, although that particular one isn't. Not sure if intended or not but I noticed that on an earlier playthrough so I think it's nice to have the extra protection for later.

3pUeaRk.jpg

Hopped in the tunnel to avoid the commotion and proceeded on.

0m6kwZu.jpg

The tunnel leads to this here Vent Shaft which is conveniently located on the way to the Shtab(HQ.)

cKSyMUy.jpg

First thing at HQ is to open this Vent Shaft while keeping an eye for the patrolling soldier. Best done in turn-based mode.

g503otp.jpg

This location here has a hidden Per passage which can probably be available with Marsh Honey, Per food, Per Goggles and Super Soldier. All In would also help. Regardless, I didn't prepare for that but if spotted it makes everything a lot quicker because you can opt for full non-lethal approach.

kcfNyvF.jpg

Noted the location of that sniper there.

sC1Hzv3.jpg

As any good cave murder hobo I waited this here patrolling soldier and punched him good. The end of my non-lethal shenanigans.

vmO0sMo.jpg

Since that was the only patrolling soldier passing close to the sniper I started combat several tiles back and attacked the now isolated Spec Ops diagonally like so. It doesn't alert anyone else.

Mq094R9.jpg

Took his sniper and waited for this dude to pass by. He's also on a patrol.

jDFEL2v.jpg

While the cost was clear I started combat from that tile there as to be as close to the shaft as possible and have vision of the camera. Popped the camera out safely and used the remaining MP to move to the shaft.

q7yIDpd.jpg

Waited here until the commotion died down.

GkhLxkk.jpg

And closed these doors back.

jWK0ib7.jpg

Snuck next to this Spec Ops and gave him everything with a Vitality Powder on. They are a bit tanky.

iuzcMJG.jpg

Safely refreshed cooldowns and took these soldiers out. I was feeling safer with their numbers reduced, plus I was enjoying the stealthy kills.

BjSR3td.jpg

Also took this guy out. Looking back at it he should be taken out before the Spec Ops to the South as he can patrol around while the Spec Ops is stationary. Something to keep in mind.

AHkawNh.jpg

Waited for this camera to turn the other way and used TB to pass by.

0xvccAj.jpg

Closed the door and hid behind this pillar there as there's a Grey Officer on the other side.

8epOuay.jpg

Once cooldowns were up I dealt with him and he has this key which opens the door to the East.

9MR9VgK.jpg

The room also has this shaft...

Pvk96L3.jpg

...which leads to this room here. If you can spot the hidden passage in the vents you can move here directly.

Jblh0PK.jpg

The room to the East has the quest key card.

Qd1G9Uw.jpg

With that I was done with the Shtab.

FL4UevE.jpg

Checked the exact location of all the cameras here.

Zuu8k0X.jpg

And using the underground tunnel snuck safely back to this location. Since there were no alarms and no camera on the way back there was literally a single soldier on a patrol route. I used the sniper to take the camera out safely.

xuoANwo.jpg

And hid in this here corner. There're only a handful of enemies who come to investigate the camera.

HXGuevm.jpg

Scored another stealth kill...

s4k9kym.jpg

...and moved on to the last area.

3pZecLQ.jpg

I moved in TB around that corner as there's a camera there and it will beep, but it will never detect as long as one uses TB.

5k1ci7y.jpg

Hid behind the guard booth and waited for cooldown. The White Dude allows for this Agi check to be passed (if you remember from earlier I made a Cave Hopper Overcoat.)

kkU48gT.jpg

There are two enemies which scout this area and neither are Spec Ops so sneaking around is easy. I was also using the Cloaking Device I made earlier and was hiding around the pillars to recharge it.

b6ySY5D.jpg

For the curious this is the number.

BlAvE1d.jpg

Took the quest item here.

tNn3WNZ.jpg

And was done with this area without further conflict.

owXtmA2.jpg

Making my way back to the first area I passed around this corner in TB. I think consuming an Adrenaline Shot before entering could be a better way of doing it as you really want to pass this particular route asap. Regardless the camera only beeped but didn't alert them as I was quick enough.

DZch1aX.jpg

Hopped in safely in the Vent Shaft. The reason why I think it's good to prepare it early.

Q7tVHgd.jpg

Snuck out of the bathroom past this patrolling soldier there. I could score more stealth kills but didn't bother. Sneaking was good enough.

rXEtDKT.jpg

And I was done. With more preparation this could have been even faster. Anyways...

A6LINiQ.jpg

Immediately head for SGS and opened Dude's stock.

gtqTxJr.jpg

Use the portal in Agronomy there to get back to him.

neCn76Y.jpg

And got me more Juice.

Last edited:

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
All my characters have Persuade and I already know all the checks, so I always breeze through the Grey Army section. Interesting to see the lengths some people must go.

Yaz

Learned
Happy New Year, everyone! To mark the occasion here's my totally not special next LP post ;D.

DBxsFx8.jpg

I took some time opening Rifts around the map and checking merchants for goods.

BM5u76M.jpg
HlHz0MS.jpg
nX9y1mq.jpg
eQvZNLO.jpg

I used the benches in the house to make some additional equipment and a brand new SMG and Laser Pistol.

Iu7XWNB.jpg

Once done I hopped on the Aegis Patroller and jetted out of the Core.

6HVebMo.jpg

I spawned this dilapidated barge which netted a few extra Toxic Sludges.

Dx02ZCP.jpg

A few maps to the SE combat started as soon as I entered the area. All the random encounters are between opposing factions so the player is never in any immediate danger(at least as far as I am aware of.) Some of those, however, can spawn snipers on boats who are always aggressive but not outright aware of the player. I always proceed tile by tile until I see what I am dealing with. Luckily it was just Freelooters on jets vs Eels. I always have my heaviest and most protective gear on me when jetting so they weren't a problem.

gJHMN7B.jpg

Made it to the Black Sea.

QsXlOs7.jpg

My initial idea was to gather some crafting materials from the SW corner of the Black Sea but a map or two in I got this call that Aegis are under attack. I thought it would be a good opportunity to give the natives a hand.

dLk2ZlL.jpg

I made my way to the beach using diagonal map transition and placed my jet there on that tile so that I am not alerting Aegis. The natives are also not attacking as they are solely focused on the STs.

tIsR3y0.jpg

I spent a few turns at the previous position then moved the jet to this location and just waited till combat ended. That way I force the natives to deplete Aegis' numbers a lot more than if I am just going around the map which will result in auto defence success with some pre-determined losses. Not much to show for it, though. Not gonna alert those xbow guys now, would I? ;)

jwKi7dM.jpg

I checked the map to the West and found that it only had one ST left standing. You can always spot enemies before they spot you.

5QW4QqG.jpg

The camp was also quite depopulated with more auxiliary staff than military personnel left.

Z7URSt3.jpg

Snuck to this tent and did the usual cave murder hobo thing. Let's put it that way - better me than the natives.

4KNnlBi.jpg

I did it for the Super Hypo.

CooXMj2.jpg

Found boss-man there.

ok8SSv6.jpg

And chucked a frag + Cryostasis.

2vLklzi.jpg

Went back and jetted out of the camp to this map here. I think there are no more patrols left, but I wasn't completely sure. This map here doesn't have Aegis patrols.

IEA863G.jpg

Went back to Razor.

1I5mly3.jpg

And joined Pirateville.

nDC7pC0.jpg

Aegis were already out of the game. I don't know if the additional killing contributed or not, but I will take it either way.

CG7sE6O.jpg

I did some more shenanigans around Port Ceto but most importantly I opened Katya's special stock.

E6pK194.jpg
XQlZUVl.jpg

Corrosive Acid and Gizzard Enzymes are just two of the helpful stuff she can have. She does always spawn these two, though.

zI2za1R.jpg

I opened The Pirate Bay's Rift and went back to the Core to unload and do some minor crafting.

95vwIZq.png

Came back and used this route to get to Port Crag.

Edq7dw6.jpg

It's illegal to get this key but you can either wait for the patrolling guard around or sneak.

dnxMZFD.jpg

Apart from the extra Oddities and a few interesting things to loot Port Crag's basement also has these 4 Naga Protectors who wake up as soon as you touch this tile here. Sneaking beforehand is recommended. I started combat asap as they came online. But not to fight, just to keep them stationary while I was moving away.

bgYpRID.jpg

Hiding in this room here the Nagas could never detect me so I just waited for RNGeebus to eventually make them go away so I could press some buttons on that console next to me. Just mash the 1 key and the area's lockdown will be lifted.

tVcuG3F.jpg

I might come back later but didn't want to deal with them right now. Those do drop Super Steel plates which I'd love to get my hands on.

tUJyMlA.jpg
WwrP1Sb.jpg

Inside the Archive I got the Hypercerebrix BP I was after plus a lucky Twitch BP which, as far as I am aware, won't spawn there all the time. I like that drug a lot.

ySRf2vc.jpg

Left the basement without incident and jetted out of Port Crag. You can see the route I took to my next location.

KbrqfDa.jpg

It was the beach before the Boneyard.

Agd1H6c.jpg

There are a bunch of native women plus this dude. He's easily taken care of despite being a potent psion. The tents and pottery around him have good stuff like Demon Squid, Bison Milk, Glittershrooms and if RNGeebus likes you today - a shot at getting some good Expedition Leathers. Unfortunately for me I got none ;). The Demon Squid were still a good haul.

sgJqmBA.jpg

I even messed a bit around the Boneyard as there is another container that can have a good leather or two, but again - no luck.

8nTTfS8.jpg

Jetted out of there and went to the SW corner of the Sea as I initially had planned.

plOJUu8.jpg

This particular cave has recurring Glitershrooms spawn so if you want your Hypercerebrix on you might want to pay a visit. I knew I had to because I was a few points short on some of the crafting.

8C2k0PI.jpg
2wFU0ah.jpg

Looted another map or two for some Black Sea fauna(avoiding the Serpents, of course) and head back to the Pirate Bay to rift to the Core. Made these two new pieces with the help of the new Hypercerebrix pill.

Qj3ENed.jpg

Mechanical Resistance was starting to stack plus the HP bonus effectively doubled the health of this 3 Con psicher.

CqTm5MK.jpg

Hopped in the rift and jetted back to the Boneyard.

ZCizWAS.jpg

Entering this area from the SW won't put anyone in any danger. I had my heaviest stuff on so I wasn't afraid of the xbow guys plus the jet can tank a few shots itself. I opened up combat here with a 'nade and a shot or two to finish that dude there.

P2UiZQt.jpg
AwKJgC7.jpg

Kept chucking 'nades and shooting. As long as you stay away from the range of the ''Pikecaster'' the jet is not in any immediate danger.

DaIjzVZ.jpg

Having thinned out their number sufficiently I landed here to speed things up a bit. I was paying attention while on the jet for one particular type of Skaerder - the one that can launch an acid ball, but never saw one. Maybe he doesn't spawn all the time. I wouldn't land if he's still around, you know.

SFxRIRx.jpg

Anyways - one good thing about playing a character with high Str is that Nets only work for a turn on you. Escape Artist is still better, but oh well, you can't have it all :).

0Io9C0D.jpg

Still no good leathers. There were a bunch of other useful crafting materials around, though.

FUrBKAP.jpg

I entered the boss area to the North.

eiQuZhP.jpg

And exited as shown to double check at which tile will my character spawn at. I laid some traps around on the rest of the tiles.

MEj66qy.jpg

Placed a Gas 'Nade there...

G0YqC18.jpg

...and went back in, chucking a 'nade to get them to move.

R68hkFm.jpg

On the way back I left a QT'd trap on the exit tile and hid around this corner here. When the traps started going off I took a peek.

PHnr0dq.jpg

I don't exactly know what's happening there but this dude is spawning past the trap line so there's no space for him. I think there's like 4 characters in one tile space there.

rUWasTC.jpg

This frag throw made things a bit clearer.

AqcGJVZ.jpg

The Flashbang landed on both of them and I let the other guy in the back suffocate.

tG36DHG.jpg
D5WV2Wj.jpg

Even though Nets only land for a turn on high Str character it's still good damage with Opportunist and especially when they have 20 Toxic Gas procs. I also QT'd a trap there in front of him which he must have spotted because he didn't move. I don't remember him using Last Stand.

KbqwggK.jpg

Either way, moving on.

TYbuCaj.jpg
S6UgZxL.jpg

Not quite what I was looking for, but not too bad, as well. Unfortunately that was my last shot at getting good Expedition leathers this early in.

MyctNnL.jpg

Jetted back and rift to the Core for some crafting.

Last edited:

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Free Drones are worse than Protectorate, though. Protectorate kills innocent people by accident or mistake, Drones target anyone with United Station affiliation regardless of their status, be that soldiers or civilians.

Yaz

Learned
wq1RvXA.jpg

I jetted over to the Abandoned Waterways. This time I used the slide of fun to get inside. It would be the first time I'd have to deal with that route.

gzqD1da.jpg

Took a Twitch drug before changing zones because I wasn't familiar with the geography of the route. I knew it would be beetles which means I'd have first turn guaranteed.

VHnRvlQ.jpg

First turn it was but the corridor was too long to simply jet through and jump over them. So instead I threw a Gas 'Nade there and a Net on the beetle next to it.

G2okRVH.jpg

Flashbanged the group that was gathering after that.

2nuJSq2.jpg

And froze that beetle there which managed to resist it.

XU6Lvzg.jpg

While Incapacitation was on two more small beetles showed up but I gunned them down with a flare for improved accuracy in the dark.

68ivPK8.jpg

When the rest woke up I blew them up with a frag and hopped back on the jet to hide behind that conveniently placed pillar there. I am sure that's that it was placed there deliberately for that purpose.

AqmOs1J.jpg

It provided very nice cover as you can see. While hiding at this tile, though, the beetles will move all the way around to gain vision of you from the other shore which is to the South.

AsGZoSP.jpg

But you can easily fix that by hiding here. That way the beetles will move back and forth providing an easy way to control their movement.

l1x0QPe.jpg

I found a few individual beetles wandering forward alone as I was doing so and they got blown up.

7tUx1fh.jpg

This group showed up after a while of me waiting in sight. I got off the jet and since I could also hide behind those corners to the NE. Used a frag and Flashbang.

RRAoTlp.jpg

And it worked well. Another lonely small beetle came but it wasn't a problem.

rKI4T45.jpg

These 3 were the last ones so I punched the one close to me for a PLG proc and hid behind the corner to gather them up.

4Ji03wT.jpg

Blew them up when they were closer to each other.

FbtyRiL.jpg

Followed by a Flashbang to refresh the cooldown of the frag.

cNmckxc.jpg

It was a fairly long fight.

f3w7oX3.jpg

But as it would appear it's worth doing as there not only a rare Oddity here...

hxaByye.jpg

...but also a chance at some decent crafting materials.

xHb0wN5.jpg

There's also this Agi check here but I couldn't pass it now so I don't know where it goes.

1qTPtUm.jpg

I proceeded through the slide of fun to the area proper.

Ak9tYXa.jpg

And put on some protection for the muties.

Wguwwd4.jpg

Only the Throw Objective from the big ones was doing any meaningful damage, but not enough to be a concern.

YuCWthf.jpg

Mine was pretty decent, however.

8Me6Gz3.jpg

Grabbed these cables here and proceeded to the North.

Y8OLItX.jpg

Over here I even took an unsafe frag throw.

baRCaUw.jpg

Which blew me up. But as you can see the armour makes everything manageable.

5L9d196.jpg

Activated the console here.

EXW5fnR.jpg

And used it to clear the debris.

ztvRPik.jpg

Having done that I went to the basement located to the West. Stealth equipment and Detection Goggles for the spiders.

8f3qFmX.jpg
Y9D5hQG.jpg

No problems here.

LRGOXTT.jpg

This area here can be a little tricky. Equipped the cloaking device and waited for the patrolling GCS to go to the South.

zzwQr9u.jpg

Managed to catch it here out of view of the rest.

3uHu5cS.jpg

That opened this lonely fellow here.

NoKwhGz.jpg

And the last two were no longer a threat.

73R12OC.jpg

Flipped the switch and was ready proceed into the next area. I had 99% Heat Resistance with the Tungsten Armour and the Antithermic Tabis on so I could also swim through the fire. It's good having the option in case something goes wrong.

Yaz

Learned
f651a8h.jpg

Got to the upper level.

1L2rHxQ.jpg

And snuck to to this mutie here. Avoided that crack in the wall as the rest of the muties can see through it.

LXBZjFq.jpg

I trapped off this door from the outside.

YCsi7gb.jpg

And after placing another trap here I grabbed the muties attention. These enemies are virtually deaf(but not blind) so the commotion doesn't alert any of the other ones in close proximity.

gFj6rkt.jpg

Since they get separated they are easy to deal with.

jvYArhN.jpg

Lobbed 'nade at the jetters outside. Took a few shots and hid behind cover.

p7HalGZ.jpg

Another frag dealt with the jetters so I proceeded with the next group.

TkU6UAC.jpg

Curiously more jetters showed up.

wGQ4jwI.jpg

Set the muties on fire again and let the ones with the jets gather up a bit more.

roytP0f.jpg

Blew those up. I was lucky to have the extra jet still intact.

Yj4IwSd.jpg

Proceeded slightly to the the East to this room with the controls for one of the gates.

zs2MmAF.jpg

Across the canal there was another jetter and a bunch of muties.

pdA2vdC.jpg

Dealt with the rest of them using this here corner and a few Magnesium Molotovs.

eExkdi9.jpg

They can still deal decent damage.

PHu5hcy.jpg

Hopped on the extra jet and had to deal with this here sniper as he's constantly overlooking the canal.

FHszP1G.jpg

Had a lucky throw despite the abysmal accuracy.

CSosmTq.jpg

I stopped at this tile here.

BDF2S6I.jpg

And used combat more to land, freezing this mutie. Dealt with the extra one in the room with the gate controls.

pj8IMRH.jpg

And went back to the previous area to get the Aegis jet. I did some more looting around and since the area had only isolated groups of one or two muties at a time there's not much to show for it. There's a good jet part to be had plus decent crafting materials and some extra stuff like repair kits.

dzwPWI5.jpg

I equipped the heaviest stuff I had and proceeded to the area to the area to the West.

U9ZpTL2.jpg

Had a good EMP 'nade lob here as it disabled all 3 jets.

tSriAJv.jpg

I Flashbanged these 3 after primarily to disable the one in the corner as he still had jet battery.

x2vV1Gx.jpg

Blew the Techie with a Plasma 'Nade since those can have EMPs. Not sure if this particular one has it, but better make sure. Hid behind the rocks to the South after that.

acKc8tp.jpg

Another jetter showed up from the fog of war but I managed to sink him with a good crit on the jet.

5IkjfTb.jpg

And again hid behind these rocks here.

VSEISLi.jpg

Used the Quick Pockets to change for some HE MKV 'nades and started poking them down with the SMG.

wZQ1Y1Z.jpg

These two had no battery left so they were easy to deal with.

10jdwRt.jpg

Next, I wanted to try something slightly different. I wanted to check if the muties inside this here large room can be taken down with stealthy kills. While the enemies in this entire area are deaf, they can still see, as it turns out. I managed to kill that mutie close to the barrel there but the rest got alerted and combat didn't end. So I ran outside and hid around the corner. I could board the jet and swim away but I noticed that this mutie here blocked both entrance tiles so I decided to use that and threw a Napalm 'Nade after tasing said mutie.

GZllzln.jpg

This slowed the muties down enough for me to get the Napalm 'Nade cooldown off and I had another very good throw here. Had the LPG ready and Aegis/Morphine in case they didn't set on fire.

N1zEzXM.jpg

Now I was reliving the early Depot A days as I could see the muties over this crack, but couldn't attack them. Neither could they.

epqVRph.jpg

When the flames died out I started chucking more Napalm 'Nades and taking pot shots at them from around the corner. Since they were injured they refused to walk through the flames making them easy to deal with.

GweupAK.jpg

Slightly to the south and across the slides of fun(accessible only with ''fast'' jet) I found this container with 2,300 durability weapon ready. It's rare to find such high quality weapon so this is quite good for those who can't craft. Not sure if you're guaranteed such drops all the time, but it's worth checking.

FCcxscX.jpg

Put on the Detection Goggles and ate a Stuffed Bat to spot these here webs. If you get caught in one you'll alert the spiders inside. Otherwise the Coil Spiders inside are isolated and easily dealt with.

Se5PyFy.jpg

Slightly to the West there's another group of Coil Spiders and these can be easily dealt with by simply raising some ruckus and creating space with the jet. Took a frag or two to deal with them.

k2hldlN.jpg

After the spiders were dealt with I went in the room to North and opened the door to let the bots in. They are upgraded versions and this Cleanser Bot, for example, can chuck Magnesium 'Nades. He was dealt with by using the Amplified Laser Pistol.

fVkbtQb.jpg

Used a MKIII EMP to disable the group behind him and started poking them with the Laser Gun.

5YwhznW.jpg

Nice to see so many Polarisation stacks.

Y5bjCUJ.jpg

Looted what I could and set Kaya free.

8Y5ZlDT.jpg

Got the mythical 177 crafting material :D. Could probably make an Infused Cave Hopper with that. To be honest I prefer if it was Hard Foam Padding of 170+ since I've never gotten the chance to use one of those on such high quality. Or maybe some Tungsten... Oh, well. One can dream, at least.

lHM9quP.jpg

Got back to the first area and started cleaning some mutants up since I couldn't use any other route to get back.

jHyXBYx.jpg

It was fun making a mess. The Bio-Technician's Boots provide excellent protection for such cases.

R6Bke7D.jpg

Ok, this is important. For a while I've been wondering if the Thrown Object thing can crit and as you can see from here it can. So expect roughly 250-300 damage in case it does crit. Of course I was in no danger.

ID2ComY.jpg

Just jetted past these two on the way to the exit.

3jiMzR4.jpg
fHk9pxk.jpg

Used some of the new materials to craft me some new items.

YbLf1GY.jpg

Unfortunately, even though with the new boots the Mechanical Resistance adds up to 98%, apparently it's hard capped at 95%, so that's something to keep in mind. I could still use them to make a melee immune set in case I did get good Super Steel or Sea Wyrm Scales/Leper Serpent Leather.

SsmVZFP.jpg

Fully furnished as a tin can I got back to the Abandoned Waterways for the boss fight.

dnwQ8jL.jpg

I just took them as they were and first thing Drilldozer applies a Yell for a whopping 170. Now I was useless but I still froze him for 3 turns to last the duration of the Intimidation.

TWINazU.jpg

One good thing about the snipers in this area is that their magazines are empty by default so they always waste a turn putting bullets back in. This is more for those who don't show up dressed in steel, though. As you can see the numbers are before Aegis/Morphine.

6wAhUaR.jpg

Took some more single digits from them all and popped off a Super Hypo before Morphine procs.

AQvHqJ7.jpg

Put them most of them to sleep with a Flashbang/Cheap Shots proc.

DoMV9oc.jpg

And blew them up with a frag. Now it was only Drilldozer and me left and we engaged in the Clanging Fist Contest as we both sounded like tin cans when punching each other.

Om14QTq.jpg

Eventually he will use his Last Stand... and it's over :D. Other than his Oddity he didn't have anything notable and there weren't any good crafting materials in the additional room he was locked in before. Oh, well.

JcB3IwC.jpg

On my way back to the exit of the Abandoned Waterways I noticed there is a place to land close to the entrance accessible by any jet. So, as a matter of fact, this can make the lives of so many people easier as they can easily take care of all the mutants without having to get rocks thrown at their Junk Jets. That's good to know. I just never had to use this particular route before.

YhfhqSl.jpg

Got back to the Core and head straight to the under-tunnels.

10etD7b.jpg

I wanted to mess with some Lurkers.

uHh9ogW.jpg

And mess with them I did.

X3X6sNq.jpg

Chasing snipers around was a fun change of pace.

DiG6PWI.jpg

Once I got to the Lurker dog fight pit I grabber their attention with an Incendiary 'Nade throw there.

G9Uvp5V.jpg

And made a mess of Lurkers running around. Only the Snipers and Psionics can deal any damage and the Psionics were taken care with 3-4 bullets or a 'nade lob.

rBdvotw.jpg

The Butcher wasn't much of a problem, either.

PFxlqKe.jpg

Looting his Oddity leveled me up. https://underrail.info/build/?FggPA...jAAAASSbCoy8WMCsgJxI-Bl1IS-KdjQPiqrIC4rWuAt-_

Yaz

Learned
lTjGIxL.jpg

Used some Juice to travel to SGS.

xHLE3xR.jpg

Made my way North drilling past these rocks here. This area has some rocks to the NE which lead to Hephaestus. It's fairly close, actually.

x94aSuM.jpg

Put on the heaviest stuff I had...

BJ04AqD.jpg

...and went in. Combat started immediately, but you also can't sneak because of the door interaction. Sometimes RNGeebus will do that.

IATINPz.jpg

But here I was moving in with no fear. Chucked a fire 'nade and started making acid puddles around.

ecCUu3n.jpg

Used the Explosive Barrel for some additional boom and generally made a mess. It was fun ;)

UMTRXxx.jpg

The armour set also protected from walking in fire and acid. There would be a limit to that, of course.

eZ6f8LE.jpg

First thing I drilled through these here rocks and went in.

lXq0IcQ.jpg

Pressed them buttons.

lHCnhsb.jpg

And roasted the first bug that came my way.

DFMMTUR.jpg

Lobbed a frag here to thin the number.

IswUeAq.jpg

And now they won't even go through the fire.

VExySbZ.jpg

So I made some more.

wHLiZbd.jpg

It was only a handful of bugs left to clean up after that.

I3a33Up.jpg

I punched some rocks away, but unfortunately I still couldn't free the soldiers as there were bugs left in the previous area.

VQapeeE.jpg

So I had to deal with those. Bleed for 1.

9JoSek9.jpg

Found some rusty ol' junk here but who needs that anyways,

QCyVYMf.jpg

Now I could tell them to get back. Ok, job done.

ImVLl8F.jpg

After that I moved two maps North from Hephaestus to this place here. There's a turret past these rocks but it's easily taken care of with the Amplified Laser Pistol.

XB0iHyq.jpg

Once inside I went to that door here and used TB to open it.

Y0vjGmw.jpg

Shot down this here bot to grab their attention.

zerOq1Z.jpg

And tucked myself away in this here corner.

3SDI8WJ.jpg

The bots all piled up on the door for a good EMP throw plus a HE MK V.

frHrver.jpg

The stragglers I just kited back with an additional EMP.

7bGk5BB.jpg

Put the Tungsten Armour on plus the Bio-Tech Boots for these here mutants.

Vz1mAOl.jpg

And grabbed the D5.

zsf1FTp.jpg

Got back to SGS and used another Juice to rift to the University. Took the train to Apogee after that.

OsmAkMr.jpg

CAU shows up.

qBmBSDl.jpg

But I was prepared.

DbVVJ71.jpg

More importantly I got paid and did some shopping from Frazer.

tYVSHMA.jpg

Rifted back to the Core and crafted me this new Shield Emitter.

c317kyF.jpg

And proceeded to the Docks.

Kibn0VK.jpg

Since I am fairly sneaky I didn't think the bugs will find me, and they didn't. So I waited for TB cooldown and QT'd a trap on this tile here.

0vfiCmz.jpg

Exited stealth and caught me a big one.

rTgyr7S.jpg

Took away this Vent Shaft with my bare teeth.

0BLb5jF.jpg

It leads to this here spot which is quite convenient.

z8iDmef.jpg

Nice Warehouse you got there.

WHtxCFa.jpg

Snuck to the Captain's office and defeated him with the power of my mind... and a few punches.

4QdCiv6.jpg

Left a Gas 'Nade on that tile there and got their attention by poking the Soldier.

eTN6Udq.jpg

QT'd a trap on that tile.

HiAi6HV.jpg

And hid in waiting.

JyfAaYz.jpg

Once the trap went off I froze whoever was caught and started poking the rest.

wKZihay.jpg

Some nice damage is coming from the SMG.

qQ1jMSu.jpg

PLG proc to block the Soldier in the front and a Net to disable the Shock Trooper and they were quickly dealt with.

3rFOsXt.jpg

Curiously there was no Dreadnaught showing up.

cxTTXiC.jpg

But if Moses doesn't go to the mountain...

WqPP5SE.jpg

There's some nice damage done to the ol' rusty pile of junk. It does give an Oddity after all.

aS4Gv21.jpg

Looted the place plus the quest item for Gorsky and head back.

Yaz

Learned
6adDKAb.jpg

Repaired the Tunneler next.

HUner5k.jpg

And handed in the Gorsky quest.

Gj9XFGk.jpg

Quickly rifted to Foundry to get Dan's help.

GYs7IMc.jpg

And went straight to Gorsky. Him and Dan reunited.

fCKtvlN.jpg

And we were ready to raid the place down.

AnvPdEq.jpg

I got my turn fairly late. Almost everyone else moved before me and I also got Intimidated.

2l0THwn.jpg

Not scared of the repercussion I threw a Frag very close to the allied group. If it were a wonky throw I'd have to deal with them, as well, but I thought I could manage with everyone fighting.

ONi8oFg.jpg

Followed with a Flashbang for the back row and it worked only on two of the Crawlers. Dan & Gorsky bursted down the hammer guy and Sneaky and the Zone Rats pretty much wasted their turns dealing with the Assassin with no success.

nYYO5wj.jpg

I dealt with the Assassin. Dan & Gorsky continued to dakka down the group and the Grenadier from the back blew up the Explosive Barrel with a frag. Wiped Sneaky and two of his own, however. I also wasn't in any immediate danger and everyone that was left from the Crawlers were those two guys plus a sniper. The clean up was easy after that.

Z7FvYW9.jpg

Changed the boots for the Bio-Tech's and went outside for some mutant pest control.

HXTCDZ5.jpg

Made some noise by blowing up this here Explosive Barrel.

gZTvSg5.jpg

And Dan, Gorsky & Co. joined me for some fun. I was tanking most of their aggression so it was good and steady. Ended up losing only that Zone Rat who went swimming in the toxic cloud.

uaIx8s6.jpg

It's fun to get to fight together with allies when the opportunity presents itself.

7CPQ4wF.jpg

Went to the University next and introduced myself to Denzil.

dHk1K7U.jpg

The Lunatic Mall was next. The entrance is camped by this here group of Bandits.

ecfGsU8.jpg
gPQFCf9.jpg

Frag/Flashbang and they were mostly done. Some easy clean up with a few shots and punches.

gW1LsW9.jpg

Once inside I waited for a patrolling Freezer to pass by out of sight and snuck to these two. Punched one down from stealth and froze the other guy so I could end combat and retreat around a corner for cooldown refresh.

SkgVduF.jpg

Rinse and repeat and now I had this here room for personal use.

Y4fXwmA.jpg

I checked to see if the patrolling Freezer would spot my traps but he wasn't able(or didn't want to disarm them.) Either way, left those two Bear Traps blocking the entrance. Note that this room does have more visibility due to windows missing. Ranged skills and weapons can still hurt you and vice versa.

dkaIWGL.jpg

I checked to see if there is a green eye on him while he's in vision range but he couldn't see this far. So I exited stealth and started combat for the MP.

bZDLjjp.jpg

First thing is blow him up and thus alert the entire floor. Now everyone will eventually pile up here, but that's how we want them.

CoFTst1.jpg

Gunned him down and threw a Gas 'Nade at that tile there. It's possible to get a wonky throw that way and the 'nade might even fly in the room. In such case I think it's best to VPG out of there and reset. But mine was ok.

0r5aY46.jpg

Curiously, combat ended after that which I actually didn't expect. With so much noise made I thought they'd be aware of me by now. Regardless, I put the shield on and started walking back to the room when these two intercepted. I did roll first turn, but even if I didn't the Gunner won't be able to punch trough the shield. I am not sure about the Pyromaniac, though. I know their Pyrokinesis can crit, but I've actually forgotten how much they can do. I still don't think he can kill me, even on crit.

pT1LI26.jpg

Anyways, I took advantage of the additional open space and gunned down this dude.

wpH0Aa8.jpg

And hid here out of harm's way to wait for the clap.

DqoKRnl.jpg

Clap! And I got this guy there to whom I began applying frost debuffs each turn while he was trapped.

QZH9zv7.jpg

Until he was nice and frozen.

64UD57L.jpg

Threw a Flare just to reveal any stealthed Psychopaths.

2OyWVaF.jpg

Unfortunately I couldn't use this dude as a tile block any longer as I was sure he'd die due to the gas next turn.

G76MIh1.jpg

So I threw a frag.

CaVl6s4.jpg

And it almost entirely wiped them.

DiFZhYi.jpg

Threw a Flashbang just to be sure, then retreated back to wait.

wccmtuU.jpg
KkColq0.jpg

Those were the last two so I was done with the first floor.

FnLxqa9.jpg

It was time for the Oddities.

eAqTCXo.jpg

Put the Detection Goggles and ate my Stuffed Bat to spot these here mines.

jJkKeEz.jpg

And waited for the patrolling Lunatic to disappear. Exited stealth and started combat from this tile there.

eD85dPU.jpg

I did the usual stuff and retreated back.

vdgocYo.jpg

Only to come back.

kxoPwFN.jpg

And dealt with the patrolling Nuker.

KSBeINJ.jpg

A little to the East there was this Scanner here.

nclaZg0.jpg

Spot these traps here as I went to the other side.

At9k8Ai.jpg

And added some of my own for extra flavour.

xrYBhup.jpg

I hid behind that pillar there which I am showing and waited slightly to start combat with MP. Simply threw a Flare to alert them and hid back.

xrYBhup.jpg

On the following turn I saw a bunch of them and I know there's a Psychopath there somewhere. So I threw another Flare and managed to reveal him.

LewlF0D.jpg

Since those and the snipers are pretty much the deadliest of enemies for me I threw a frag at them.

vRDp13W.jpg

Which ended up doing good work as it got rid of the Psychopath.

z5abj6J.jpg

Threw a Flashbang at the back row but the sniper and the Scanner ended up unaffected. Froze the Gunner to stop him from sucking my shield away. A bullet took care of the Scanner and I hid back behind the pillar.

4Lcvj7e.jpg

On the following turn I caught the sniper in a Net for extra bullet damage.

VOvHq8J.jpg

Took two bullets for him and one each for the other two so I was left with a lot of AP. Used Adrenaline Shot and gunned down the Gunner. Once again I was surprised here as combat ended. I expected them all to be aware of me by now, but there you go.

miVLAYF.jpg

I just quickly repositioned to the bottom floor to wait for the withdrawal to wear off.

wcrHRga.jpg

Snuck back to a mostly empty mall. There was still a sniper abouts so I didn't want to mess with him.

ISsiIOh.jpg

Instead I froze Frost and punched both Vanga and Firecracker.

RFoSZ5j.jpg

There's some nice damage coming from the PLG. And that's even without all the perks for glove weapons.

DwaZQeC.jpg

Took the Figurine and went back to Denzil.

Last edited:

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Interesting you weren't agroing people. I remember the last time I did the Lunatic Mall I aggroed the entire map when killed either of the patrolling guys on the second floor. I had a Spear too, no noise. Go figure.

Yaz

Learned
Interesting you weren't agroing people. I remember the last time I did the Lunatic Mall I aggroed the entire map when killed either of the patrolling guys on the second floor. I had a Spear too, no noise. Go figure.

The first bit of the second floor is pretty much as you'd expect. Take them out one by one and they won't holler for help, which, btw, will pretty much function like a grenade noise-wise.

It's the bit after I used my own grenade that surprised me a bit.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom