Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl - coming September 5th

frajaq

Erudite
Only game that has a chance to beat Cyberpunk's disappointment.

*SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP*

TQfS87a.png

Baron Dupek

Arcane
3D PDA? Looks like they were inspired by the Gunslinger...
Like in Hitchcock - it's start with the Emission.
RIP X-Ray Engine 2001-2010
we hardly knew ye
Its legacy will live with Anomaly and OpenXRay or whatever, at least it works better with 64bit compared to the original

Dodo1610

Arcane
As if anyone really expects anything from this game, I'd be content if it turns out to be decent open-world single-player FPS because no one makes those.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
i sincerely hope they make an modding SDK, but it's UE4 so i dunno.

also, i really, really hope they don't use the default effects. the default motion blur in UE4 looks like dogshit. infact, i hate crysis 1 for making excessive motion blur a thing. there's a select few UE4 engine games that use their own custom made effects and filters, such as panzer corps 2. they look a million times better

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
Whatever they do, I hope to God they don't shove in some Misery tier autism into the game. I just want to stalk about, not have to deal with some pointless bloat "features."

prengle

Savant
Whatever they do, I hope to God they don't shove in some Misery tier autism into the game. I just want to stalk about, not have to deal with some pointless bloat "features."
you're going to get a half-baked microsoft exclusive metro clone and you're going to like it

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
oh no i really doubt they hired the gameplay design lead of MISERY. the only good thing those guys did was this text-based adventure game named The Seed.. then they just kinda disappeared

prengle

Savant
eir4ow.png

all of microsoft's sick development cash went straight to feeding sergei's bepsi, sportscar and romanian sex slave addictions, can't wait to play STALKAN 2!!! on post-apocalyptic american soil in 2037

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
he spent all of the proceeds from cossacks and stalker sales on sports cars and soda pop; there's numerous accounts of GSC employees being paid hardly anything

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
Don't forget about his ties with the mafia. Surely they also get a little attention here and there from Sergei.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Name's Skif: https://www.gamasutra.com/view/pres..._at_the_Zone_in_a_new_teaser_of_STALKER_2.php

A long and tedious road.

The hostile and treacherous Zone.

Unbelievable treasures that might cost you everything.

A blood trial, separating your old life from a new one...

The debut S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 trailer at the Xbox Games Showcase was all about the atmosphere. And now, here comes the first-person look at the Zone.

That's how the game actually feels: fast-paced change of scenery, ominous landscapes and the ever-present feeling of an inevitable danger accompanied by a barely-distinguishable guitar soundtrack.

You’re seeing this world with the eyes of a stalker named Skif — remember the codename, you will hear it a lot. Following the steps of its predecessors, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 introduces a completely new main protagonist. His actions will shape the new grand chapter in the history of the Zone.

Now uploaded on the official channel. Official press release doesn't call this gameplay fwiw. Maybe it's IGN thing:

Gerrard

Arcane
You just know the game is going to have some shit crafting system and you're going to be picking up crafting junk all over the place.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Lolwut?

Theres already a S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2

Or is this gonna be one of those millennial shit numbering things like the Xbawx series or Prince of Persia?

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
So how many DLCs/expansions/skins/premium weapons/etc do you think S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 will have?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom