Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Broooooo... people took off to play Cyberpunk, Imma take off work to play Owlcat games, wooooooooooooo~!

Reinhardt

Arcane
https://owlcatgames.com/news/61

Wait they have already 60 devs! Just a couple of months ago they had only 40.
Hmm, if they are actually that far into development, I guess they'll make their initial may-june 2021 release date?
The first 90% of the project takes 90% of the time. The other 10% of the project also takes 90% of the time.
And you don't want to know how much time the last 1% takes.
90%

CyberModuled

Arbiter
Call it fabulously optimistic, but if they aren't pulling a "Nvidia" with that completion bar, then I suppose it really might come out June 2020. Wouldn't mind to guarantee it gets as many sales as possible before tards inevitably compare every CRPG under the sun to BG3 once out of Early Access.

Who am I kidding though? They've already done it for Solasta.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
So they made a a dumbed down version (console release) and the testers they had barely managed to make more than one character per person. Grrrrreat job.

So they made a a dumbed down version (console release) and the testers they had barely managed to make more than one character per person. Grrrrreat job.
The alpha isn't available on console. In my opinion the only thing that makes the console version for Kingmaker dumbed down is the turn based option. Other than that it's the same game

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
The alpha isn't available on console. In my opinion the only thing that makes the console version for Kingmaker dumbed down is the turn based option. Other than that it's the same game

Anything that is presented to console players is by definition dumbed down shit. You don't give these people actual CRPGs just like you don't feed expensive meat to dogs. They neither deserve nor appreciate it.

Gargaune

Magister
https://owlcatgames.com/news/61
Wait they have already 60 devs! Just a couple of months ago they had only 40.
Fuck yes! Imagine how many more bugs they can make!

Happy new year!

Call it fabulously optimistic, but if they aren't pulling a "Nvidia" with that completion bar, then I suppose it really might come out June 2020. Wouldn't mind to guarantee it gets as many sales as possible before tards inevitably compare every CRPG under the sun to BG3 once out of Early Access.
I'd actually rather it came out after BG3 so I can wash the taste of toilet chain from my mouth.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I can't believe I backed a game I won't play for like 5 years or so. :lol: That shit will be crazy buggy on release, though.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I'd actually rather it came out after BG3 so I can wash the taste of toilet chain from my mouth.
I mean hey, who's to say you won't have to wait a few months anyway for Wrath in the worst case scenario regarding bugs. :troll:

That's what I did with P:K, waited for five months in. I'd be surprised if I'll need to on Wrath. We'll know more with the beta.

Mazisky

Magister
I've bought the game and the alpha access (downloading now). Never played the first but this one seems too interesting to ignore.

Also I hate Larian for their ability to kill immersion by refusing to add day\night cycles in their games

and Obsidian for their ability to screw up the world by going pirates and caribbean instead of sticking to classic fantasy

and I think Owlcat has a word here and I want to support them

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I've bought the game and the alpha access (downloading now). Never played the first but this one seems too interesting to ignore.

Also I hate Larian for their ability to kill immersion by refusing to add day\night cycles in their games

and Obsidian for their ability to screw up the world by going pirates and caribbean instead of sticking to classic fantasy

The Market Square area bogs down when you first enter near the flames but settles back down again and everything else is good.

A Grenadier or Preservationist makes a good MC given the makeup of the other Companions. I like giving Camellia Hampering Hex since DEX melee takes awhile to develop.

Last edited:

Sarkile

Magister
Patron

The Market Square area bogs down when you first enter near the flames but settles back down again and everything else is good.

A Grenadier or Preservationist makes a good MC given the makeup of the other Companions. I like giving Camellia Hampering Hex since DEX melee takes awhile to develop.
I can run Cyberbugs on Ultra with raytracing and all that shit on my laptop. And the market still has performance issues for me.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
What's wrong with a new setting? Also, it is more Polynesian than Caribbean.

For me Deadfire has much more glaring shortcomings than abandoning freaking Western Europe.

Also, they are the unique guys who realized that the "new world" is not only Carib. That just like the extreme north is cold, the extreme south is also cold. But the problem with Pillars is the balance cultism present in that game. Spellcasting is extremely lackluster in PoE 1/2... They could abandon western europe to go steampunk or something like that. Would be better IMO.

WoTR I an so hyped. I can't become a lich in a RPG since M&M VIII - Day of the destroyer

Mazisky

Magister
What's wrong with a new setting? Also, it is more Polynesian than Caribbean.

What's wrong? Medieval cities, forests and castles are more pleasant than tribal fuking villages and frogs. Here what's wrong.

Mazisky

Magister
I would have preferred steppes, horse riders, mounted bowmen, small villages behind wooden palisades and cities with dukes who rule by the jarlig of the Khan. I don't need your Europe.

I am sorry mate but even your russian brothers at Owlcat or the other russians making King Bounty prefere the Europe classic medieval fantasy most people love.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom