Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is there any modern Isometric Fantasy Rpg other than the triad Pillars\Divinity\Pathfinder?

Mazisky

Magister
Looking for something like the games mentioned in the title.

However, to avoid wasting your time with pointless suggestions, it must be.

-Modern. No old games suggestions unless the game still looks good.

For reference, Baldur's Gate 1\2 EE looks too dated. Pillars\Divinity\Pathfinder look fine.

-Isometric. Pretty self explanatory.

-Classic fantasy. No Caribbean like Deadfire or Postapocalyptic à la Wasteland. Just low-high fantasy like Pillars 1 or Baldur's Gate.

Can be either action\HnS like Diablo or more Cprg like Pillars\Divinity.

V_K

Arcane
Lords of Xulima (although combat is not isometric).
ss_f3de505af0e4eafce3b5d819625016a7340e76f6.1920x1080.jpg

Exiled Kingdoms.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Do more experimental settings like Tyranny count? It is probably the only RTWP/TB classic isometric fantasy that is actually out apart form those three.

Action has a few. Grim Dawn, Torchlight, Ember and so on. But I do not play those so I can't tell you what is good and what not.

Also learn to fucking lift and play some old crpgs.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Expeditions: Viking looks modern enough and I guess you could consider it (very) low fantasy.

Solasta: Crown of the Magister is still in early access and doesn't look too good from a graphical point of view, but it's still acceptable and very promising.

There are Dragon Age: Origins and Tyranny, but you probably already know about those.

Icewind Dale 2 is an IE game like Baldur's Gate, but it still looks good after all this time. I'd say it looks a bit more modern than the BG series.

If you are fine with Diablo clones, you should check Grim Dawn and Titan Quest.

But the only right move is to reject modernity and play Knights of the Chalice.

Mazisky

Magister
-Classic fantasy. No Caribbean like Deadfire or Postapocalyptic à la Wasteland. Just low-high fantasy like Pillars 1 or Baldur's Gate.

So basically it has to be boring?

Ok.

No, it has to be classic. I like standard fantasy and sticking to it doesn't mean boring. It's like I like women and you tell me I should go trannies cause women are boring after a while

Mazisky

Magister
Regarding your suggestions:

-Realms Beyond: It was my most anticipated game but we know it's just vaporware at this point.

-Black Geyser: It does not give me confidence. It gives me feelings of a Pillars ripoff but somehow worse. I'll buy it anyway to support devs and genre

-Exiled Kingdoms: Too cheap looking.

-Tiranny, DA Origins, Torchlight, Grim dawn: Already onw them.

-Ember: Mobile game (look the UI)

-Expeditions Vikings: Not fantasy.

-Solasta: Interesting but it will be out in 2029 finished.

-All infinity engine games: Already own it and played them decades ago.

-Knights of the Chalice: Wanna stick with 2020 and tech improvements made since 80's

-Hades: Too limited. Greece myth setting and only dungeons. Prefere more open ended

I have purchased the Pathfinder sequel (Wrath of something) since it seems very interesting

Last edited:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Ok.

No, it has to be classic. I like standard fantasy and sticking to it doesn't mean boring. It's like I like women and you tell me I should go trannies cause women are boring after a while

No, it's like only wanting simple plain Janes when there's goth chicks, arthoes, barefoot hippie girls, edgy punk girls with tongue piercings, kinky middle eastern girls, sporty gym chicks, nerdy tomboys, etc etc but you only go for that boring girl who has no hobbies :M

Mazisky

Magister

Ok.

No, it's like only wanting simple plain Janes when there's goth chicks, arthoes, barefoot hippie girls, edgy punk girls with tongue piercings, kinky middle eastern girls, sporty gym chicks, nerdy tomboys, etc etc but you only go for that boring girl who has no hobbies :M

If you had some experience you'll know that simple plain Janes can be a lot more dirty than you expect and the goth edgy punk and nasty girl turns out to be a virgin.

Andhaira

Arcane
Stoneshard (in early access but very playable; single PC only; pixelized graphics but look really good, dark fantasy world and brutal combat)
Solasta Crown of the Magister (in early access)
Druidstone (TB strategy but combat is just like an Isometric TB RPG)
Dungeon of Nahuluberek (TB strategy but combat is just like an Isometric TB RPG; its main negative point is it has a humorous story...but combat is still gr8)
Fell Seal: Arbiters Mark (weeabo TB strategy with heavy RPG elements/customization)
Shadowrun Dragonfall & Shadowrun Hongkong

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Regarding your suggestions:

-Realms Beyond: It was my most anticipated game but we know it's just vaporware at this point.

-Black Geyser: It does not give me confidence. It gives me feelings of a Pillars ripoff but somehow worse.

-Exiled Kingdoms: Too cheap looking.

-Tiranny, DA Origins, Torchlight, Grim dawn: Already onw them.

-Ember: Mobile game (look the UI)

-Expeditions Vikings: Not fantasy.

-Solasta: Interesting but it will be out in 2029 finished.

-Knights of the Chalice: Wanna stick with 2020 and tech improvements made since 80's

-Hades: Too limited. Greece myth setting and only dungeons. Prefere more open ended

I have purchased the Pathfinder sequel (Wrath of something) since it seems very interesting

Turns out, you already fucked all the girls you are interested in. So either no more fucking or you expand your horizons.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture

Could have told that before to show that you are not a pleb and get less basic bitch recommendations.

After scanning my library:
Tower of Time is RTWP, 90% combat but enjoyable.

Drakensang and the stronger sequel Drakensang:The River of Time are German Dragon Age
In better!
Realms of Arkania is based on the same ruleset as Drakensang but MUCH more hardcore. You will die of dysentry. The old games are better but after patches the remasters are no longer complete trainwrecks. They are odd to classify but combat is somewhat isometric and turn based.
Blackguards is the last DSA game I will recommend, a very good tactical rpg.

Shadows Awakening is a neat Diablo like with an interesting gimmick where you can capture enemy spirits as new heroes and shift into a reaper form.
Also I feel like Sacred 1's graphic has aged well and it is a good diablolike.
Dungeon Siege is Diablo with a party.

There are a few good games with Disciples like TB combat, like Monsters' Den Godfall and Legends of Eisenwald.
Druidstone is an ok isometric tactical rpg from the Grimrock makers.

You prolly know of Dragons Dogma already?

Also some other shit I havn't played yet:
Iron Danger
Inquisitor
Geneforge

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Lords of Xulima is a good choice, even though it has different combat. The graphics are nice too.

Mazisky

Magister

Could have told that before to show that you are not a pleb and get less basic bitch recommendations.

After scanning my library:
Tower of Time is RTWP, 90% combat but enjoyable.

Drakensang and the stronger sequel Drakensang:The River of Time are German Dragon Age
In better!
Realms of Arkania is based on the same ruleset as Drakensang but MUCH more hardcore. You will die of dysentry. The old games are better but after patches the remasters are no longer complete trainwrecks. They are odd to classify but combat is somewhat isometric and turn based.
Blackguards is the last DSA game I will recommend, a very good tactical rpg.

Shadows Awakening is a neat Diablo like with an interesting gimmick where you can capture enemy spirits as new heroes and shift into a reaper form.
Also I feel like Sacred 1's graphic has aged well and it is a good diablolike.
Dungeon Siege is Diablo with a party.

There are a few good games with Disciples like TB combat, like Monsters' Den Godfall and Legends of Eisenwald.
Druidstone is an ok isometric tactical rpg from the Grimrock makers.

You prolly know of Dragons Dogma already?

Also some other shit I havn't played yet:
Iron Danger
Inquisitor
Geneforge

Sacred 1 was a masterpiece and so underrated. Also, the only Diablo clone in history who innovated the formula with true open world rather than arena squares and separate hubs\acts.

Diablo IV will be ironically a Sacred clone

Also, is Drakensang that RPG similar to Neverwinter nights who had the intro with a woman and a cat on a roof and the moonlight? if that, I finished it at the time, but was pretty average

Andhaira

Arcane
Oh yeah how could I forget:

Dakensang I & II
Blackguards

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom