Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Devil May Cry 5

Silverfish

Arbiter
Thanks for keeping us motivated.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
1604082892081.jpg

What form of power is this?

Last edited:

sullynathan

Arcane

Unfortunately, looks like we'll be playing through the same levels. Vergil looks great too with the new mechanics though I'm not too excited for beowulf & force edge being brought back. LDK looks massive though, will primarily play that whenever it's available for PC.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
So it's pretty much DMC4 Vergil Moveset with no new content?
Not even Bloody Palace Co-Op?
Really Crapcm?
sigh...

I am guessing Vergil is OP as shit like in DMC4 since like in that game he has designed for LDK
Also he seems to get invulnerability during that long ass transition to his V form

Bringing back the Doppleganger style was cool of them I suppose.
And the the new Beowulf design looks awesome.

I wonder what the dance taunt wil be though...

DJOGamer PT

Arcane

Welp
Like DMC4SE, we get 2 new cutscenes (one at the begging and one at the end) and that's it for new content
I wonder if people have to fight Vante 2 times in a row again, that would be a real kicker

ekrolo2

Learned

Welp
Like DMC4SE, we get 2 new cutscenes (one at the begging and one at the end) and that's it for new content
I wonder if people have to fight Vante 2 times in a row again, that would be a real kicker

They fight Dante twice.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Well looks like they're not so lazy after all...
But still having to fight him 2 times in a row is ridiculous. In the main campaign were we switch to another character is one thing but here..
Couldn't they've also made Nero a boss?
That would've been sweet...

Last edited:

Vyadhis

Learned
Does anyone know for certain if Vergil is going to be available for pc? I don't understand why Capcom would just make a version with more shit into an exclusive, its such a random move and I think DMC5 was pretty popular on steam.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Does anyone know for certain if Vergil is going to be available for pc? I don't understand why Capcom would just make a version with more shit into an exclusive, its such a random move and I think DMC5 was pretty popular on steam.
December 15th.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
They also seen to have made the deluxe edition add-ons purchasable
At ridicoulous prices might I add
3 euros for the alternate cavaliere and gerbera?

Also, they're not going to add LDK or Turbo Mode are they?
Really not even co-op BP, when modders already managed to get that one?
FFS...

ekrolo2

Learned
They also seen to have made the deluxe edition add-ons purchasable
At ridicoulous prices might I add
3 euros for the alternate cavaliere and gerbera?

Also, they're not going to add LDK or Turbo Mode are they?
Really not even co-op BP, when modders already managed to get that one?
FFS...
For now, the only way to play LDK and Turbo is with mods, the former of which is of questionable quality at best. Turbo works fine. But yeah, I was really hoping once DMC3 on Switch revealed it had BP co-op they'd make it a feature across all versions of DMC5 but Capcom gotta Capcom.

deama

Prophet
Just finished the main campaign and replaying it with just vergil at son of sparda difficulty at turbo mode set to 40% instead of 25%.
Pretty good game, I remember enjoying dmc4 back in the day too, but I'm still quite surprised capcom hasn't done any multiplayer with the IP. Porting DMC5 to a MOBA would have been a great idea imo, they could make it similar to smite with DMC's combat, I bet it would have done great, especially in korea.

Also, weird that they aren't releasing special edition for the PC version, did the PC version sell that badly?

Last edited:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
"You must realize you cannot contain the autism of Sparda"

At first I couldn't see the hype of this track, but the more I play it now the more it grows on me

Speaking of Vergil
He's not quite as ridiculously OP as in DMC4, but still like in 4 he is very much optimized for Legendary Dark Knight
Which makes the fact LDK isn't on PC even more retarded...
Both Force Edge and Beowulf now have a super move that requires max Concentration like jugment cut end

Still he's even more fun to play as
Haven't reached Dante yet, but according to everyone else he's apparently much harder than Vergil, so that will be and interesting battle I guess...

Also the Co-Op trainer is getting amazing:

Lambach

Arcane
Bros, I think my reflexes are going to shit. I played this for the first time shortly after it came out and I swear I was a lot better at it than now. I don't remember Mission 12 King Urizen kicking my ass this hard on Son of Sparda last time. I dread even thinking about fighting him on Dante Must Die, provided I even finish the whole of SoS this time. Pray for me, lads. :negative:

then again, maybe I was using Gold Orbs last time, I can't remember, and I'm 100% determined never to use any continues or revives this time around +M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom