Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
l5q3EFT.jpg

Semiurge

Cipher

Avarize

Magister
If I was Kicinski I'd just say that there are a bunch of alphabet people in the game but because I'm so progressive, I don't see it as something noteworthy that should be explicitly stated. And if the audience is so interested in what's in people's pants and what they do in their bedrooms, they are free to speculate.

Representation solved. How do you know they aren't all trannies, bigot.

Gerrard

Arcane
If I were in Kiciński's place I would just resign and let some other poor fucker have to deal with this shit.

Vatnik Wumao
the best fag was definitely the guy from deus ex mankind divided. adam jensens boss. it was only revealed through a picture with his husband that he liked cock but other than that he didn't tell you how gay he was all the time. claire is not quiet as good but close. gay tony from gta was also pretty good.

Which is honestly how LGBT representation in games should be done. Nobody walks up to you on real life and starts babbling about how much they love cock. Your colleagues at work don't share their private lives with you just because you sit next to each other. If you want the low down on someone you need to investigate for yourself.

So this is a roundabout way of saying you love cock?

:updatedmytxt:

Everyone on the codex loves cock.

Turjan

Arcane
I'm sometimes a bit slow. I only now noticed that you can see V's penthouse from his apartment window.
2LY7q0c.jpg

And I only noticed that because I saw it when taking the elevator from the garage. Which has a nice view, anyway.
HIaLaGD.jpg

Oh well. I guess I never looked right when looking out of the window.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I'm sometimes a bit slow. I only now noticed that you can see V's penthouse from his apartment window.
2LY7q0c.jpg

And I only noticed that because I saw it when taking the elevator from the garage. Which has a nice view, anyway.
HIaLaGD.jpg

Oh well. I guess I never looked right when looking out of the window.

You can actually glitch and go there, climbing

KK1001

Arbiter
The real cynical management shit would be to add in a bunch of features that were ready for next-gen and PC as part of a big "next-gen" update but were removed in a desperate attempt to make the game playable on last-gen shitboxes.

"Wow, they listened! They added in the stuff we said! Let's give them another shot!"

cw8

Cipher
Had fun playing with Double jump cybernectics, generally high graphics settings + low RTX and photo mode

cyberpunkphoto.jpg

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
Wasn't there supposed to be some option to overwrite the chip with an engram of yourself? Or was that just BS?

Also, linking to Reddit is shit.

SlamDunk

Arcane

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
You are being tricked by someone who could be your grandpa to watching his clickbait. Has the Codex sunk that low?

This is insane level of detail
I honestly cringed. The generic animations, the inability to see face expressions, are killing all the dramatic effect for me. Witcher 3 is a better interactive movie.

I'm 5 minutes in and he hasn't said a word about bad software engineering. Shit video.

Yep. It is just a ten minute rant about how bad and evil the management is and how great the developers are at their craft. There is no value to this video whatsoever.

Anybody who posts it here is just getting duped by a clickbaiting grandpa and wasting our time.

So, I just finished the game, Arasaka ending. And it's exactly the same as the rest of the main story line - half-baked and linear as fuck.

Went with this ending because I was playing corpo and because all other endings felt to me like:

1. Attack Arasaka HQ!
2. ???
3. Profit!

Then Johnny got mad at me because of it, said I betrayed him and myself. Problem is, I never signed up on the suicide mission to take down the evil corporation, that was his thing. All I cared about was saving myself, which I have told him repeatedly throughout the game. And instead of him accepting that, he is still the same old Johnny. All his talk about how he has changed felt fake at that point, as he still comes across as the same raging asshole that would sacrifice everything and everyone - PC included - to his obsession. And you can't even articulate that point well at the end, as the game presents Johnny as your conscience and tells you that you are totally wrong for not going in guns blazing to do the bidding of a mass murderer tumor and his dead AI girlfriend.
Whatever game, I'm sick of you too. Maybe we will see each other again after a couple of years, some DLCs and a major overhaul mod or two. Maybe.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
So, I just finished the game, Arasaka ending. And it's exactly the same as the rest of the main story line - half-baked and linear as fuck.

Went with this ending because I was playing corpo and because all other endings felt to me like:

1. Attack Arasaka HQ!
2. ???
3. Profit!

Then Johnny got mad at me because of it, said I betrayed him and myself. Problem is, I never signed up on the suicide mission to take down the evil corporation, that was his thing. All I cared about was saving myself, which I have told him repeatedly throughout the game. And instead of him accepting that, he is still the same old Johnny. All his talk about how he has changed felt fake at that point, as he still comes across as the same raging asshole that would sacrifice everything and everyone - PC included - to his obsession. And you can't even articulate that point well at the end, as the game presents Johnny as your conscience and tells you that you are totally wrong for not going in guns blazing to do the bidding of a mass murderer tumor and his dead AI girlfriend.
Whatever game, I'm sick of you too. Maybe we will see each other again after a couple of years, some DLCs and a major overhaul mod or two. Maybe.

There's a kind of irony with that ending.
When the Arasaka elites invade the safe house where you go to see Takemura and Hanako after the carnival events, Johnny urges you to forget about Takemura and haul ass. If you do follow Johnny in that instance, and let Takemura die, you get Helmann joining you in the Arasaka ending, and offering the "Deal" (storage as engram or die by Winter). In that case it looks really sinister, and my character chose Winter suicide- very bittersweet ending. I'm done with all the cyber-shit, I'll die with dignity as a normal human being, etc. However, if you decide to go AGAINST Johnny's wishes in the heat of the moment, and go back to rescue Takemura at that earlier point, I gather that it's Takemura that helps you in the final Arasaka missions, and it's Takemura who offers you the "Deal." In which case I think I probably would have taken the Deal, as I trust Takemura more than anyone else in the game, and the possibility of immortality somewhere down the line (once they figure out how to clone hosts, etc.) would be the best ending for V by far. I don't know if Johnny is more or less of an asshole in the final cyberspace sequence if you take that route - would be interesting to find out.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Are you still dying in the Nomad ending? V is still coughing blood but there's no mention of looking for a cure. Is he dying without knowing it?

There's a kind of irony with that ending.

I did save Takemura (being able to do so was the only real surprise the story had for me), so I had him in the ending. And yes, he comes across as sincere in his concern for the PC. I doubt it made any difference on how Johnny reacts though, as the game in the end kinda forgets other life paths besides street kid even exist. Another NPC in Arasaka calls it "betrayal of everything you worked for your entire life" or something like that - buddy, 6 months ago I worked two floors down from here.

I still went with going back to Earth, as the game again missed the bloody obvious option - why pick now? Why not go back, look for cure, and if nothing is found in 6 months, then go for an upload. Why does it have to be now or never deal, besides for silly drama?

alyvain

Learned
Are you still dying in the Nomad ending? V is still coughing blood but there's no mention of looking for a cure. Is he dying without knowing it?

Yes. There is a mention, but it might be during the Arasaka tower mission. V certainly knows what's coming, but it is downplayed given that this is "living the moment" ending.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom