Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Turjan

Arcane
NO WAY MAN!11! We definitely need some fucking tard to come in and post a link to it again...
And then we have those others who quote the video every single time, in case anyone missed it the last 6 times or so...

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

It the shoe fits THOT... (w/ her clever santa hat, tats, and bright red lipstick, she surely is just a hardcore gamer not selling her ass on her channel right?)

Adam Smasher is my personal hero for giving THOTs immediate feedback on what they are based on how they present themselves. Evelyn was literally there as a paid whore. Smasher should have 'smashed' on the way out. #MakeMisogynyGreatAgain

Some useless information: the chick is called Marzzzzy or Marzy or whatever and she is the stereotypical THOT.

She had a shitty job and a boyfriend. She started doing bullshit videos on utube, her simps brigade started to grow and she got a taste of easy money.

Suddenly she started doing "hardcore" gaming where she somehow managed to get only perfect builds in Dark Souls while doing blind runs :)

She ditched the boyfriend and the shitty job. And now she started growing her "community" on twitch.

Basically she is a despicable bitch who would do anything for money. Honestly that's normal in current year but that's not the point.

The point is that everything about her is fake. Including the outrage from the video above ;)

ADL

Prophet
You have to be a fucking idiot to surrender yourself to Arasaka under the condition that they can delete your engram at any time because there's no protections applied to digitized people yet. They might be willing to take the "nothing personal just business" approach to things but your deal wouldn't even be publicly known so why wouldn't they just throw you out of the airlock after you flatline?

Corpo cunts deserve the rope.

Peachcurl

Cipher
Some useless information: the chick is called Marzzzzy or Marzy or whatever and she is the stereotypical THOT.

She had a shitty job and a boyfriend. She started doing bullshit videos on utube, her simps brigade started to grow and she got a taste of easy money.

Suddenly she started doing "hardcore" gaming where she somehow managed to get only perfect builds in Dark Souls while doing blind runs :)

She ditched the boyfriend and the shitty job. And now she started growing her "community" on twitch.

Basically she is a despicable bitch who would do anything for money. Honestly that's normal in current year but that's not the point.

The point is that everything about her is fake. Including the outrage from the video above ;)

Now I'm genuinely curious: How do you know that?

DeepOcean

Arcane
Anything that comes from social media is complete garbage, youtube gaming is infected with youtuber "reviewers" with their 01 hour essays that say fucking nothing or have average opinions that any regular retard can spew, grown men pretending they are 12 years old, drama harvesting "news" channels , thots wanting their simp corral. Nothing of good comes from there. Unfortunately, the very few people with useful content there, namely, the educational channels, as expected, have zero views.

Last edited:

Not to rag on the game too much, but you have to really start scraping the bottom of the barrel to find any RPG-like game with a worse itemization system than Cyberpunk. The main thing it has going for it is that a lot of the weapons are cool from an action game perspective and are fun to use. It's just that the RPG tacked on to it is very below par. Even the armor socketing system would just be a subsystem in a below average RPG. The socketing system that it plagiarizes (Diablo 2) was more involved and sophisticated. There are probably mobile games that have more complex and interesting itemization. Item progression could have been cut from the game entirely and it would have been better for it.

Maybe something similar to what happened with Ghost Recon Breakpoint. It had a progression system like Division at release, people didn't like it because it didn't fit the game's pacing, then "Immersive mode" was added which removed the gear score among other things.

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

At some point I was looking for Dark Souls videos on utube, more specifically blind runs, because I wanted to see noobs doing the same retarded shit like I did.

Her videos were recommended and she had 400K+ subscribers. She is not ugly (despite the sociopath stare) and I was curious what's the fuss about.

I've noticed that her blind run was fake (perfect build, fake surprises and so on) and she was also complaining about some off-utube drama with her boyfriend.

Later she moved to twitch and she also provided some private information about her boyfriend. The reason is clear in hind-sight: single TOTHs are more successful with simps :)

To get back to your question: her videos are some of the first videos which made me realize that streamers's outrage and surprises are often scripted. There are very few authentic streamers which are successful.

That's why I know about her despite the fact that I didn't watch her for long. Like I've posted before, I watch twitch on background at work but I never subscribed and I will never pay for a subscription.

To be completely honest, I almost did it for Sinatar but then I'm a cheap motherfucker and he will survive without one subscription.

Last edited:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
God fucking damn it stop posting Reddit embeds here. Almost blew my eardrums out.

People need to put them in spoilers. I'm assuming that stops it from autoplaying.

Maybe something similar to what happened with Ghost Recon Breakpoint. It had a progression system like Division at release, people didn't like it because it didn't fit the game's pacing, then "Immersive mode" was added which removed the gear score among other things.

Breakpoint is one of those games you get for free and you still feel overcharged. How in the hell it got released in its original state must be an interesting story.

Ubisoft, just because you start putting "RPG numbers" on things doesn't mean people will pay for your shitty microtransactions. Even mobile games are better at monetizing than you.

msxyz

Augur
Level scaling in this game is implemented in the worst possible way

As the official guide also implies, different areas have different min-max stat for goons and loot. If you go too early to ceratain areas (i.e. corpo plaza) you'll get slaughtered. At the same time, if you delay certain quests in low level areas, they'll become extra easy, so this kind of defeats the purpose of level scaling which is to offer a challenge that if matched to the player capabilities. There's also another aspect. If you're able, early in the game, to defeat a goon in a high difficulty area (like the already mentioned corpo plaza) the dropped weapons will have a minimum level far above yours and won't be usable. This, of course, because the whole character progression is shit relying mostly on insane increase of the weapons stats.

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
God fucking damn it stop posting Reddit embeds here. Almost blew my eardrums out.

I've been hammering on this for 20+ pages but the faggots that love this mouth-breathing redditry put their "No, Up Yours, etc." replies because they are determined to turned this place into another Resetera apparently.

Perkel

Arcane
well exploring kind of gives you stuf. Found those on one of netrunners fried doing their work. She was behind some doors i had to open with body. Considering i go with Body/tech specifically with LMG/Shotguns and crafting i can see those boots serving me up until endgame with stat like this, though it would be better for some sniper not for lmg dude.

Speaking of finding stuff. There is absolute shitload of non quest gonks to shot. And things to explore. Found plenty of body blocked doors without any quest (or i don't remember being there in first place in my previous playtrough).

unknown.png

KK1001

Arbiter
Crit chance and crit damage is way, way too overturned. Hacking is straight up broken. Resistances and everything else are essentially useless.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Crit chance and crit damage is way, way too overturned. Hacking is straight up broken. Resistances and everything else are essentially useless.

Yea game balance is a fucking disaster. Desperately needs an overhaul mod to change everything. Much like Witcher 3 needs EE mod to be playable. I guess CDPR have now achieved Bethesda level, pretty game world that needs mods to be a half decent game.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
It's almost as if giving the player access to everything wasn't the intended design. Almost as if the PnP uses classes instead of total free form design.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Is "Gun Fu" bugged or does it mean melee attacks with a pistol? I've definitely shot three people in quick succession dozens of times with my revolver now that I can one hit kill everything and yet no cheevo.

Anyway, all yellow gigs/side jobs cleared. Skipping Panam and Rogue questlines for future male playthroughs. Heading into the end game tonight by meeting whatshername.

just

Liturgist

he's the ex bf

SoupNazi

Is "Gun Fu" bugged or does it mean melee attacks with a pistol? I've definitely shot three people in quick succession dozens of times with my revolver now that I can one hit kill everything and yet no cheevo.

Anyway, all yellow gigs/side jobs cleared. Skipping Panam and Rogue questlines for future male playthroughs. Heading into the end game tonight by meeting whatshername.
Doesn't matter what gender you are with Rogue, btw.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
I had actually forgotten how the combat could be decent early on, started a level 1 guy and with no equipment took a bit of work to take out a group of goombas, using cover, grenades, healing etc, compared to my level 30+ dude that turns everyone into a red paste as soon as they get within eye sight.

Its actually a goddamn disgrace in a CyberPunk game that we dont see some wacky shit at higher levels, mechs, tanky exosuit guys, way more netrunners using all the hacks (why dont they do stuff like weapon malfunction, blinding etc?) maybe even experimental weapons, I am kind of disappointed that the weapons are almost all very conventional 20th century stuff.

Naraya

Arcane
I had actually forgotten how the combat could be decent early on, started a level 1 guy and with no equipment took a bit of work to take out a group of goombas, using cover, grenades, healing etc, compared to my level 30+ dude that turns everyone into a red paste as soon as they get within eye sight.

Its actually a goddamn disgrace in a CyberPunk game that we dont see some wacky shit at higher levels, mechs, tanky exosuit guys, way more netrunners using all the hacks (why dont they do stuff like weapon malfunction, blinding etc?) maybe even experimental weapons, I am kind of disappointed that the weapons are almost all very conventional 20th century stuff.
Yeah, I need to actively gimp myself to have a resemblance of a challenge. Good thing I'm not playing this game for a challenge then, I guess.

just

Liturgist

lvl 20 is more than enough to make a broken build. should probably go even lower if you want reasonably fun 2nd playthrough.
also not using retarded clothing mods.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
well exploring kind of gives you stuf. Found those on one of netrunners fried doing their work. She was behind some doors i had to open with body. Considering i go with Body/tech specifically with LMG/Shotguns and crafting i can see those boots serving me up until endgame with stat like this, though it would be better for some sniper not for lmg dude.

Speaking of finding stuff. There is absolute shitload of non quest gonks to shot. And things to explore. Found plenty of body blocked doors without any quest (or i don't remember being there in first place in my previous playtrough).

unknown.png

There are quite a few tasty sets of orange gear that would see you through to the end (with suitable mods) scattered around that you can find by exploring, there are a few people who've done YT videos about it. e.g. there's a full Corpo set (very smart looking), a full Nomad set, a full Fixer set (tres chic for your female V), a full Netrunner set (dorky pants unfortunately), etc., with parts scattered all over in odd places. No set bonuses though, unfortunately.

As always, if you see an orange dot, save before "looking", because the number of slots is RNG, so it's worth trying a few times till you get full slottage.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom