Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Video Game Music Thread

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
In all the video/PC game music I've heard over the years since the days of DOS and my C64, the theme to Burntime sticks with me as being one of the most melodic (the first selection in this youtube video). It made me think of Wendy "Walter" Carlos, Bach and the well-tempered synthesizer.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Literally just spent 3 hours listening to this on a loop. Great job, you posted a great song. Like, 90% of this thread is shit I don't like. Always great to find that gold. Also, can you hipsters stop posting shitty Amiga songs. FML, those damn things burn my ears.

Might as well post music too.

Expeditions' best song right here. Has a strange Donkey Kong touch, which I fucking love.

Best song from Pillars

Never played this game, but this song is fucking ridiculously good.

Song from a game on Newgrounds. Uh, I forgot what it was called, but damn, this song is fucking amazing.

Last edited:
Having just finished the game and DLC for the first time, I can say that Bloodborne probably has my favourite soundtrack in recent memory.

Last edited:

Thorakitai

Learned
The Ar Tonelico series made by Gust is highly underrated, especially regarding it's amazing songs.

The lyrics are sung in a fictional language made for the series and by professional singers who regularly sing for the series.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom